• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jane Roe "Do not vote for Barack Obama, he murders babies" WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

This really ought to be in the abortion section and the abortion issue belongs in the "basement" IMHO.

awwww it didnt fit your narrative...oh booo...

So much rich, creamy derpery.

A rapist doesn't have a right to procreate or to try to do so... hence laws criminalizing rape? Duh.

A convicted rapist shouldn't have visitation rights, and that has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand. To whatever extent state laws have this as an oversight, it is probably because this ridiculously rare scenario does not often present itself.

In the meantime, no one has the right to aggressively harm another... but you want to pretend mothers have the right to violently kill their offspring.

Duh you are denying that there rare 39,000 pregnancys a year from rape? And you want every one of them brough to term. Visitation will surely be much more of an issue then
There is no offspring if pregnancy is aborted. You have no right to speak for God.
Or if you prefer...God invented abortions to save women from such tyranny.

Last edited:
Warning: Graphic video

Yeah, somehow picking up that "Ol' time religion" makes a lot of women feel guilty.

Roe v. Wade – Case Brief Summary

Roe (P), a pregnant single woman, brought a class action suit challenging the constitutionality of the Texas abortion laws. These laws made it a crime to obtain or attempt an abortion except on medical advice to save the life of the mother.

Other plaintiffs in the lawsuit included Hallford, a doctor who faced criminal prosecution for violating the state abortion laws; and the Does, a married couple with no children, who sought an injunction against enforcement of the laws on the grounds that they were unconstitutional. The defendant was county District Attorney Wade (D).

A three-judge District Court panel tried the cases together and held that Roe and Hallford had standing to sue and presented justiciable controversies, and that declaratory relief was warranted. The court also ruled however that injunctive relief was not warranted and that the Does’ complaint was not justiciable.

Roe and Hallford won their lawsuits at trial. The district court held that the Texas abortion statutes were void as vague and for overbroadly infringing the Ninth and Fourteenth Amendment rights of the plaintiffs. The Does lost, however, because the district court ruled that injunctive relief against enforcement of the laws was not warranted.

The Does appealed directly to the Supreme Court of the United States and Wade cross-appealed the district court’s judgment in favor of Roe and Hallford.

Seems it was a decision agreed upon by her and her husband and her doctor. Hardly "coerced". Wonder how much the fundie preachers paid her to recant? They get all that money from seniors and build Crystal Palaces with it.

Norma McCorvey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

n 1969, at the age of 21, while working low-paying jobs and living with her father, McCorvey became pregnant a third time. She returned to Dallas, where friends advised her to assert falsely that she had been raped, as she would then be eligible to obtain a legal abortion (with the understanding that Texas's pro-life laws allowed abortion in the cases of rape and incest). Due to lack of police evidence or documentation, the scheme was not successful and McCorvey would later admit the situation was a fabrication.[7][8] She attempted to obtain an illegal abortion, but the respective clinics had been closed down by authorities.

. . .

In her first book, the 1994 autobiography, I Am Roe, McCorvey wrote of her sexual orientation. For many years, she had lived quietly in Dallas with her long-time partner, Connie Gonzales. "We're not like other lesbians, going to bars," she explained in a New York Times interview. "We're lesbians together. We're homers."[2] That same year, she converted to Christianity and expressed remorse for her part in the Supreme Court decision. McCorvey has worked as part of the pro-life movement, such as Operation Rescue.

At a signing of I Am Roe, McCorvey was befriended by evangelical minister Flip Benham.[12] She was baptized on August 8, 1995, by Benham in a Dallas, Texas, backyard swimming pool, an event that was filmed for national television. Two days later she announced that she had become an advocate of Operation Rescue's campaign to make abortion illegal.

McCorvey's second book, Won by Love, was published in 1998. She explained her change on the stance of abortion with the following comments:

There is no offspring if pregnancy is aborted.

Um. No. There is a living Homo sapiens offspring being killed every time a pregnancy is aborted.

You have no right to speak for God. God invented abortions to save women from such tyranny.

Nah. I don't think God exists. If he does, and he's any sort of deity worth worshiping, he wouldn't smile upon killing the innocent for personal gain.

Your god sounds like a Forgotten Realms villain.

Don't laugh, many liberals have been saying that about our soldiers for years.

LMAO, thanks you just made me laugh AGAIN, but thats probably true about 95% of your posts.

” The Truth Behind False, Outrageous Lies about Obama and ”Born Alive” Legislation

Here is the statement that was issued whe President Obama was a senator in Illinois:
STATEMENT
“Senator Obama strongly supports Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to choose. He believes that there is a moral and ethical element to this issue, and he believes that women do not make these decisions casually, but wrestle with them in consultation with their doctors, pastors and family. Senator Obama understands that some will disagree with him and choose not to support him, and he respects those with different opinions. But the recent attacks on Senator Obama that allege he would allow babies born alive to die are outrageous lie. The suggestion that Obama — the proud father of two little girls — and others who opposed these bills supported infanticide is deeply offensive and insulting. There is no room for these kinds of distortions and lies in this campaign. What Senator Obama's attackers don't tell you is that
existing Illinois law already requires doctors to provide medical care in the very rare case that babies are born alive during abortions.

They will not tell you that Obama voted against these laws in Illinois because they were clear attempts to undermine Roe v. Wade. They will not tell you that these laws were also opposed by pro-choice Republicans and the Illinois Medical Society — a leading association of doctors in the state. And they will not tell you that Obama has always maintained that he would have voted for the federal version of this bill, which did not pose such a threat. The bills Senator Obama voted against in Illinois were crafted to undermine Roe v. Wade or pre-existing Illinois state law regulating reproductive healthcare and medical practice, which is why Senator Obama objected to them.”

There is no child to klll only a clump of the rapists DNA. You fight for the rapists right to procreate and to visit the result of his crime. That is truly sick and perverted.
I hope the rapists out there are taking note of the Congressmen who favor "rapist rights" and knock up their daughters. It will serve those fathers right.

It is, IMHO, as sick and perverted as the "Vote Pro-Life" signs outside the Catholic and Baptist churches...two institutions which harbor and hide pedophiles.

There is no child to klll only a clump of the rapists DNA. You fight for the rapists right to procreate and to visit the result of his crime. That is truly sick and perverted.
I hope the rapists out there are taking note of the Congressmen who favor "rapist rights" and knock up their daughters. It will serve those fathers right.

Dude perhaps you misunderstood me. I am in favor of women aborting a child of rape, AND I am also supportive of killing rapists. There is no inconsistency in my philosophy, however with many libs it does appear as though they reason abortion in general as acceptable by labelling a clump of cells as not human, or not life. Well, I get that, I really do, but I cannot ever agree with that point of view. That clump of cells will likely grow and be born and it will be a living breathing human being. It's DNA doesn't match any other DNA on Earth other than human DNA. It is uniquely distinguishable from any other DNA on the planet, and it is special because of that. I am in favor of abortion only under extremely exceptional circumstances, and as a last resort. The way we treat unborn life in this country is shameful and in 200 years or so from now we will look back at how completely wrong we were about this issue and weap in quiet company.

Tim-

'Seems" you were there and "seems" you know more than she does.

She went public. It is in the records. Did she perjure herself in court? Or did the guilt trip of the fundies make her lie?

An abortion is legal and will always be legal it does not violate anything in our Constitution. Your "interpretation" doesn't count nor make it illegal. Abortion is LEGAL. Abortion is LEGAL. Abortion is LEGAL.

Either one accepts all of the consequences of our Constitution or one doesn't have a right to whine about what they do not like. I hate that the Constitution allows almost anyone to have a gun but that's the way it is so my choice is not own one...your choice in abortion might be to not own one either but that doesn't make it illegal...

Such a weak argument. You're alright with killing unborn children but I'm sure against the death penalty, which is also LEGAL.

How you sleep......just don't get it.

Considering that conservatives applauded the deaths of people who don't have health insurance, the right wing knows a thing or two about callous, heartless souls.

Would you care to list those conservatives?

He is a pro-life democrat.

But... this thread has done much to shine the light on the left and their small tent.

small tent... except for the 95% of the black vote on top of the HUGE amount of latino population over and above the GOP and the 9% higher women's gender gap for the Dems, the gays, the Joos, the Muslims... yep, really small tent compared to having just the white male vote.

What's ironic about your opinion is that, like many lib's in your camp, you'd easily kill the rapists child, but if the rapist were convicted and sentenced to death, you'd fight for his life. :)

Somethings not right about that???

Tim-

Another irony to point out is how many con's in your camp will do anything up to and including shooting people over a fertlized egg but when a kid is born, they want to cut funding for poor people's funding to help them feed their kid then follow up with a rant about how they should've never had that kid because they can't take care of it they way that they want them to. Amazing how all that love of an egg dies when it turns to flesh that can live and breath on it's own.

Last edited:
Um. No. There is a living Homo sapiens offspring being killed every time a pregnancy is aborted.

Nah. I don't think God exists. If he does, and he's any sort of deity worth worshiping, he wouldn't smile upon killing the innocent for personal gain.

Well in Christianity, this is when life begins:

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.​

Ergo, no one should be a person and everyone can be killed on a whim because none of us were made from dust and magically breathed into.

Good plan? Great plan.

Ergo, no one should be a person and everyone can be killed on a whim because none of us were made from dust and magically breathed into.

Good plan? Great plan.

If you want to take the magical stuff out of that biblical quote and get literal then, life is after your first breath. From a Christian religious perspective that is... and Jewish for that matter being that it is old testament that that quote is from.

A tumor is "living" too and it is no more a human being than a 12 week fetus. What it might become is up to fate or the needs of the mother.

/yawn

A tumor is not an organism or a distinct body, it is part of a body that grows out of control.

A part of an organism is not an entire organism.

/yawn

A tumor is not an organism or a distinct body, it is part of a body that grows out of control.

A part of an organism is not an entire organism.

pssst....they like to call babies "tumors" and "invaders" and such because they know killing babies is wrong but are too selfish to admit it. It is like arguing with a 4 year old.....

pssst....they like to call babies "tumors" and "invaders" and such because they know killing babies is wrong but are too selfish to admit it. It is like arguing with a 4 year old.....

Versus people like you who want to force a woman (not the man) to go through 9 months of physical and mental changes they don't want to. Tell you what, when you do the same thing to the man, maybe we can talk about making abortion illegal. But until then, deal with it.

Such a weak argument. You're alright with killing unborn children but I'm sure against the death penalty, which is also LEGAL.

How you sleep......just don't get it.

I am against the Death Penalty but I don't consider it illegal. The real question is are you for the Death Penalty? If you are how do you explain it? I can explain my stance because I think a woman has the right to choose what she wants to do with her body within the law. I think a state has a right to put someone to death within the law. If you support the death penalty how can you?

Why are these great defenders of the Constitution so freakin' ignorant about the actual document? The phrase, "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is not in the Constitution no matter how often you claim it is in there.

Another aspect of this controversy that has bugged me for a long time is the Luntzean word choice used to describe the two sides, we have "pro-life" and "pro-choice" which plays into the anti-abortion's definition of the procedure.

If we have pro-choice on one side, why isn't the other side called "anti-abortion"?

The anti-abortion woman from Illinois who has on more than one occasion claimed that following a botched abortion she had been "discarded" into the trash has been shown to be shall we say, an exaggerator. A birth record posted on Ohden’s Web site says nothing about the medical staff laying aside, discarding or leaving the newborn’s body for dead. In fact, it shows that the medical staff took steps to preserve her life after checking her Apgar score — which measures the health of newborn babies — and hearing a weak cry.

Tell us - is the following law one that promotes or protects "infanticide"?
Sec. 6. (1) (a) Any physician who intentionally performs an abortion when, in his medical judgment based on the particular facts of the case before him, there is a reasonable likelihood of sustained survival of the fetus outside the womb, with or without artificial support, shall utilize that method of abortion which, of those he knows to be available, is in his medical judgment most likely to preserve the life and health of the fetus.
(b) The physician shall certify in writing, on a form prescribed by the Department under Section 10 of this Act, the available methods considered and the reasons for choosing the method employed.
(c) Any physician who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violates the provisions of Section 6(1)(a) commits a Class 3 felony.
(2) (a) No abortion shall be performed or induced when the fetus is viable unless there is in attendance a physician other than the physician performing or inducing the abortion who shall take control of and provide immediate medical care for any child born alive as a result of the abortion.

Versus people like you who want to force a woman (not the man) to go through 9 months of physical and mental changes they don't want to. Tell you what, when you do the same thing to the man, maybe we can talk about making abortion illegal. But until then, deal with it.

When a woman hops in the sack it is not I who am forcing her to do anything--she is assuming the risk and thereby "forcing" herself. I won't have to wait until men can carry babies--I just have to wait for 1 more seat on the USSC, at which point, you will just have to deal with it.

If you want to take the magical stuff out of that biblical quote and get literal then, life is after your first breath. From a Christian religious perspective that is... and Jewish for that matter being that it is old testament that that quote is from.

yes, Orthodox Judaism does hold that an infant is not a human being until it takes its first breath unaided.

Back
Top Bottom