• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel must take steps to prevent genocide in Gaza

No, you don’t. Why is what Israel says propaganda but not Hamas.?
Does a person have to object to Hamas propaganda every time they complain about the Israeli propaganda?
In many ways, that serves to excuse all propaganda as justified.

No, you don’t. Why is what Israel says propaganda but not Hamas.?

I’m certain that there is propoganda from both sides.

But only one side has imposed a total media blackout on the war zone, and has the military capacity to enforce it.

That same government has run a non stop propoganda campaign since day one. And Zionists and Zionist organizations have joined in attacking critics and calling people “Jew haters” and “anti semantic”.

And constantly clinging to the established talking point that a military invasion with 30,000 (largely) indiscriminate civilian casualties, and a doomsday plan to invade and destroy Rafah, is “defending itself”.

What I find disturbing is when people get upset when others compare what is happening now to Hitler. I have invited Holocaust survivors to speak to my students years ago, and what they experienced in the beginning is exactly what is happening now. I guess we see the world through different eyes. You don’t see the rise in anti-Semitism the same way I do
and I find it objectionable that any criticism of Israel is labelled as anti-Semitism.
Do you not see that Israel has over-reacted to a vicious crime by punishing 2 million people for the actions of 2000?

and I find it objectionable that any criticism of Israel is labelled as anti-Semitism.
Do you not see that Israel has over-reacted to a vicious crime by punishing 2 million people for the actions of 2000?
Just to provide a little clarity for you - the criticism and protests in places like the US and Canada are labelled anti-Semitism because they are directed at Jews living in those countries, not at Israel itself. It wouldn't be labelled anti-Semitism if the criticism and protests were directed at Israeli embassies or other official government entities and not at individual and collective Jews in other countries.

When you protest what is going on in Gaza by attacking a synagogue or a business owned by Jews, you're an anti-Semite, plain and simple.

Just to provide a little clarity for you - the criticism and protests in places like the US and Canada are labelled anti-Semitism because they are directed at Jews living in those countries, not at Israel itself.
I think you are over-generalizing about the objections or criticism of Israel.
It wouldn't be labelled anti-Semitism if the criticism and protests were directed at Israeli embassies or other official government entities and not at individual and collective Jews in other countries.
I think the objections are directed at those who support Israel unquestioningly.
When you protest what is going on in Gaza by attacking a synagogue or a business owned by Jews, you're an anti-Semite, plain and simple.
That is probably correct. Are you suggesting that people in this discussion are advocating for attacks on Jews or Jewish buildings?

It isn’t the truth that I find uncomfortable with, it’s the truth that you omit that I am uncomfortable with. By the way, I do not think you are an anti-semi.te
Good then perhaps in future you might pause to think before hurling accusations at people.

What have I omitted that you'd like me to include?
Not once have you said a bad word about Hamas, except in a general way. I have not heard you once talk about the innocence who went to a festival. I have not heard you talk about the hostages..

I think you are over-generalizing about the objections or criticism of Israel.

I think the objections are directed at those who support Israel unquestioningly.

That is probably correct. Are you suggesting that people in this discussion are advocating for attacks on Jews or Jewish buildings?

When did anyone actually say that but as I have said before I see the situation through different eyes

Where is your anger at Hamas securing themselves among the people?

Where is your anger at Hamas securing themselves among the people?
Do you propose that punishing the entire Palestinian population is the solution to whatever favoritism they may extend to Hamas?
You know that sounds like the German response to the French partisans.

Not once have you said a bad word about Hamas, except in a general way. I have not heard you once talk about the innocence who went to a festival. I have not heard you talk about the hostages..
Well in that case read through my posting history on the subject. Why do I need to talk about the hostages or the festival? What is there left to say?

Do you propose that punishing the entire Palestinian population is the solution to whatever favoritism they may extend to Hamas?
You know that sounds like the German response to the French partisans.
Do you propose that violently raping women and killing people at a festival and whose goal is to kill all Jews is ok? how come you are not angry at the Palestinians, who are punishing their own people by deliberately putting them in danger?

Do you propose that violently raping women and killing people at a festival and whose goal is to kill all Jews is ok? how come you are not angry at the Palestinians, who are punishing their own people by deliberately putting them in danger?
The Palestinian civilians are not Hamas. Most were not even born when Hamas took power. If anyone is putting those people in danger it's Israel and the IDF, ordering people to move to 'safe' areas which the IDF then proceeds to bomb.

Do you propose that violently raping women and killing people at a festival and whose goal is to kill all Jews is ok?
Never stated or implied.
how come you are not angry at the Palestinians, who are punishing their own people by deliberately putting them in danger?
I do not equate Hamas with Palestinians. Your apparent endorsement of wide-spread punishment of a population for the sins of a few is really very close to massacre mentality.

Try keeping in mind that if Hamas didn’t kill young people at a festival and didn’t slaughter and rape women, and take hostages, and put their headquarters in hospitals, etc. we wouldn’t be having this discussion. That being said, I wish they would get rid of Netanyahu….
do you equate all Israelis with Netanyahu?
By the way 90% a Palestinians support Hamas

The Palestinian civilians are not Hamas. Most were not even born when Hamas took power. If anyone is putting those people in danger it's Israel and the IDF, ordering people to move to 'safe' areas which the IDF then proceeds to bomb.
Most were not born in 2006?

Try keeping in mind that if Hamas didn’t kill young people at a festival and didn’t slaughter and rape women, and take hostages, and put their headquarters in hospitals, etc. we wouldn’t be having this discussion. That being said, I wish they would get rid of Netanyahu….
do you equate all Israelis with Netanyahu?
No. I doubt that any nation has unanimous opinions on anything.
By the way 90% a Palestinians support Hamas
Doubtful, but probably not provable under the circumstances one way or another.

The last time Israel attacked and occupied Lebanon it didn't end well for the IDF. Hezbollah defeated them comprehensively.

It's just not sustainable either, considering Israel's initial forays into Lebanon led to the formation of Hezbollah to begin with. The solution ultimately lies in solving the issue of the occupied territories.

Back
Top Bottom