• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel must take steps to prevent genocide in Gaza

Your argument is that rape and killing of one group justifies genocide??

You love throwing that super-charged word around, don't you?
That's better than pinning a Hitler label on someone you don't like.
Better than calling someone a racist.
Just say someone is in favor of genocide aimed at Palestinians and that's all you have to do. You think everyone will believe you.

Just ignore real examples of genocide in Darfur, Syria, Armenia, Myanmar, Laos, Congo, and Rwanda, then you can safely call the supposed deaths of 30,000 Palestinians an example of modern-day genocide. Remember, in Syria, 500,000 Syrians were killed by their own government and millions of Syrians were displaced to countries like Jordan and Turkey. How do those numbers compare to alleged 30,000 Palestinians killed since 10/7?

genocide:
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Just say someone is in favor of genocide aimed at Palestinians and that's all you have to do. You think everyone will believe you.

Just ignore real examples of genocide in Darfur, Syria, Armenia, Myanmar, Laos, Congo, and Rwanda, then you can safely call the supposed deaths of 30,000 Palestinians an example of modern-day genocide. Remember, in Syria, 500,000 Syrians were killed by their own government and millions of Syrians were displaced to countries like Jordan and Turkey. How do those numbers compare to alleged 30,000 Palestinians killed since 10/7?

genocide:
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
Hamas seems to be equated with Gaza Palestinians here on Debate Politics. Israel has killed many thousands of Palestinians (justifiably per Israel supporters here) in pursuit of "destroying" Hamas. Definition seems to apply.

You apparently cannot accept the word that best describes Israeli vengeance.

Hamas seems to be equated with Gaza Palestinians here on Debate Politics. Israel has killed many thousands of Palestinians (justifiably per Israel supporters here) in pursuit of "destroying" Hamas. Definition seems to apply.

No I cannot.
The primary objective of the IDF is not to protect Palestinian civilians. Their main objective is to destroy Hamas. That's why the war was started in the first. You wish to continue virtue signaling your support for Gazans and I continue to support the IDF destroying Hamas as a military force.
You're wrong and I am right.
What do Israeli citizens believe? Aren't they representative of the Bibi government right now?
They're a sovereign state that should decide how to prosecute the war.

Allies have killed a lot of German civilians in the campaign to eradicate the Nazis, yet they weren't accused of genocide and called to stop fighting the Nazis and let them be like you do with Hamas.

Allies have killed a lot of German civilians in the campaign to eradicate the Nazis, yet they weren't accused of genocide and called to stop fighting the Nazis and let them be like you do with Hamas.
False equivalent. The Allies were not intent on destroying "Nazis"; they were intent on controlling Germany. Many Nazis remained in Germany and there was never an attempt to locate every one. In fact, many Nazis came to the US to help the rocket programs.

The victors in a military confrontation are usually right.
Are you equating today's conflict in Gaza to Allied bombing of Germany in WW II?
It was over 80 years ago if you recall. That was a world war where all of Nazi Germany had to be destroyed.
On a much smaller scale, buildings in Gaza that were being used as hiding places for Hamas fighters also needed to be destroyed.
Even small wars are a bitch. Especially when pro-Hamas cheerleaders are basically anti-Semitic.

Are you equating today's conflict in Gaza to Allied bombing of Germany in WW II?
It was over 80 years ago if you recall. That was a world war where all of Nazi Germany had to be destroyed.
On a much smaller scale, buildings in Gaza that were being used as hiding places for Hamas fighters also needed to be destroyed.
Even small wars are a bitch. Especially when pro-Hamas cheerleaders are basically anti-Semitic.
Not comparing in scale, comparing the nonsensical thinking behind such posts accusing a country defending itself from such monsters of wrongdoing.
Gaza is infested with Hamas and not just in some random buildings, but nearly the whole of Gaza is used by Hamas for its terrorist purposes by hiding in every other building there ammunition, or hostages, or rockets, or its people, or tunnels, etc.

False equivalent. The Allies were not intent on destroying "Nazis"; they were intent on controlling Germany. Many Nazis remained in Germany and there was never an attempt to locate every one. In fact, many Nazis came to the US to help the rocket programs.
I think you should refresh your knowledge of history, the allies were very much intent on bringing down the Nazi regime and have succeeded. It doesn't mean that eradicating Hamas means killing them to the last member, either. Regardless calling for Hamas to be left alone is the same kind of nonsense as calling back then for the German Nazis to be left alone.

You are making a lot of claims that you likely cannot substantiate. Germany did not need to be destroyed; the government and land needed to be captured.
War is the conquest of land, in the final analysis. Genocide is the destruction of people.
One can criticize Israel without being anti-Semitic.

Best to just eliminate all the Palestinians? Maybe Israel can set up work camps for them to contribute to the war effort.
Are you aware that Palestinians are able to go to the Israeli hospitals to the Israeli universities and have good jobs there? I still don’t understand how you can support Hamas

Your argument is that rape and killing of one group justifies genocide??
Oh, but killing Israelis isnt genocide…. As I say, you learn more about a person by the side, s;he defends. I guess you must be extraordinary that if someone raped and killed your child you would do nothing

They appear to exist in a simplistic, binary, Jews good-Muslims bad, nuance-free world.
And so do you..Jews bad Muslims bad … only Christian’s good

Ah yes, the good old 'Jew-hater' standby resort
Truth hurts, eh?
You hate the truth because it favors Israel; your entire rebuttal to the truth is "nuh-UH!!!"

Are you aware that Palestinians are able to go to the Israeli hospitals to the Israeli universities and have good jobs there? I still don’t understand how you can support Hamas
I don't understand how you can assert that I support Hamas.

Oh, but killing Israelis isnt genocide…. As I say, you learn more about a person by the side, s;he defends. I guess you must be extraordinary that if someone raped and killed your child you would do nothing
I prefer the truth to propaganda advancing one side over another.

And so do you..Jews bad Muslims bad … only Christian’s good
I'm not a Christian and don't follow any faith-based ideology. I'm an adult and I grew out of fairytales about 'gods' and 'miracles' when I realised how absurd the entire concept of worshipping invisible 'beings' is.

I don't understand how you can assert that I support Hamas.
See, in renee-world unless you're 100% unequivocally behind Israel you're a Hamas supporter. I've been accused of the same by her because I dare expose truths she finds uncomfortable to read. Ergo I 'hate' Jews, am an alleged anti-Semite and terrorist supporter. That's how simple minds work.

I'm not a Christian and don't follow any faith-based ideology. I'm an adult and I grew out of fairytales about 'gods' and 'miracles' when I realised how absurd the entire concept of worshipping invisible 'beings' is.
I am a Jewish atheist, and perhaps I see the world through different eyes than you do

See, in renee-world unless you're 100% unequivocally behind Israel you're a Hamas supporter. I've been accused of the same by her because I dare expose truths she finds uncomfortable to read. Ergo I 'hate' Jews, am an alleged anti-Semite and terrorist supporter. That's how simple minds work.

It isn’t the truth that I find uncomfortable with, it’s the truth that you omit that I am uncomfortable with. By the way, I do not think you are an anti-semi.te

I prefer the truth to propaganda advancing one side over another.
No, you don’t. Why is what Israel says propaganda but not Hamas.?

genocide:

Most of the world sees it that way.

And the casualty statistics, and reports of denied medical care and food aid support it as well.

What I find disturbing is when people get upset when others compare what is happening now to Hitler. I have invited Holocaust survivors to speak to my students years ago, and what they experienced in the beginning is exactly what is happening now. I guess we see the world through different eyes. You don’t see the rise in anti-Semitism the same way I do

This is obviously not true.

Right now Isreal has completely cut off the Gaza Strip.

Back
Top Bottom