• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Isolated as UN Security Council Demands Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza

Two very different standards of concern:

One for the hostages

Another for the civilians in Gaza

Whether or not you realize it, that's what you're expressing.

Why do the lives of the hostages have so much more importance, matter so much more, than those of Palestinians in Gaza?
If the pigs surrendered and released all the hostages no more civilians need die.
Israel is going to do its very best to free the hostages even if Palestinian civilians die.
The pigs must surrender.

If the pigs surrendered and released all the hostages no more civilians need die.
Israel is going to do its very best to free the hostages even if Palestinian civilians die.
The pigs must surrender.
You are quick to call "antisemitism!" but fail utterly to prove it.

And I'll point out to you what I said to the earlier poster:

You express a concern for the hostages that is lacking for the Palestinians in Gaza.

@Ethel2 doesn't want to admit his own standard applies to non-Israeli (perhaps non-Jewish) politicians.

No surprise here.
Pyrite does want to answer the question about possessing solid proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments. Therefore it’s only his opinion. Opinions not based on factual data are generally based on personal bias.

You are quick to call "antisemitism!" but fail utterly to prove it.
I proved it. You couldn’t accept it.
This discussion is over.

Two very different standards of concern:

One for the hostages

Another for the civilians in Gaza

Whether or not you realize it, that's what you're expressing.

Why do the lives of the hostages have so much more importance, matter so much more, than those of Palestinians in Gaza?
For the same reasons any life matters more in times of war.

They are seen as allies or they are seen as enemies. You've created this entire hypothetical where the Palestinians are blameless for who they elected, support, and cheer for.

I’ll ask the same question of you that I have asked of others:
Do you have solid first hand proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments?
There is your problem. That is an absurd standard.

Netanyahu has a near complete lack of credibility. The burden of proof is on him. Are all the Jews who don't believe Netanyahu even when they don't have absolute proof that he lying anti semites?

Is the boy who cried wolf story a story of anti boy bias because the people that didn't believe him didn't have absolute proof that he was lying?

For the same reasons any life matters more in times of war.

They are seen as allies or they are seen as enemies. You've created this entire hypothetical where the Palestinians are blameless for who they elected, support, and cheer for.
A tad over the top....I've "created" nothing.

The Palestinians in Gaza are not Hamas. Anyone who has a rudimentary knowledge of politics in the Strip realizes that a 17-year-old single election does not make a government they all "support and cheer for".

Back to reality: in retribution for 1,200 Israelis killed by Hamas on October 7th and 240 Israeli hostages taken by Hamas on October 7th, the current Israeli Government has killed 32,000 Palestinians in Gaza.

No, but the aid agencies on the ground in Gaza have. They have no political axe to grind, and I trust their word; not the word of a belligerent attacker, irrespective of whose 'side' they support.
That fact that anyone would take the word of Hamas over the word of Israel is anti semitic. If you really want to see anti semitism in action watch the UN. And listen to the things they say and the actions they take. If your opinions align with theirs you are an anti semite.

That fact that anyone would take the word of Hamas over the word of Israel is anti semitic. If you really want to see anti semitism in action watch the UN. And listen to the things they say and the actions they take. If your opinions align with theirs you are an anti semite.
How does "the word of Hamas" tie in with aid agencies on the ground in Gaza?

How does "the word of Hamas" tie in with aid agencies on the ground in Gaza?
Are you that uninformed? Hamas runs everything in Gaza. They govern there. Isn’t that the point?

Are you that uninformed? Hamas runs everything in Gaza. They govern there. Isn’t that the point?
Again, what does Hamas have to do with aid agencies in Gaza?

Be explicit. Provide details.

They are responsible for what they do that costs lives. If they want to drive Hamas from power, then they have to be that power over the land and people that they conquer and hold. Its now Israelis job to protect and defend the polulation ensure that they are safe and fed , because they drove out the force who's job is was prior. If they don't want that job, they can leave.

They need to do their job better.
You are quite hopelessly confused. The IDF has driven out HAMAs from all areas of Gaza with the exception of the Rafah area. There are still roughly four batallions of HAMAS militants in that area and they are using Gazan civilians as human shields. HAMAS does not wear military uniforms with "HAMAS" embl;azoned on their shirts or jackets. They hide amongst civilians in areas such as hospitals and schools. It's not as simple as you would like to think for the IDF to simply protect the population. They will do the best they can to avoid civilian casualties, however as in all wars, there will unfortunately be collateral damage. Innocent deaths from that collateral damage will be on HAMAS.

btthegreat said:
They are responsible for what they do that costs lives. If they want to drive Hamas from power, then they have to be that power over the land and people that they conquer and hold. Its now Israelis job to protect and defend the polulation ensure that they are safe and fed , because they drove out the force who's job is was prior. If they don't want that job, they can leave.

You are quite hopelessly confused. The IDF has driven out HAMAs from all areas of Gaza with the exception of the Rafah area. There are still roughly four batallions of HAMAS militants in that area and they are using Gazan civilians as human shields. HAMAS does not wear military uniforms with "HAMAS" embl;azoned on their shirts or jackets. They hide amongst civilians in areas such as hospitals and schools. It's not as simple as you would like to think for the IDF to simply protect the population. They will do the best they can to avoid civilian casualties, however as in all wars, there will unfortunately be collateral damage. Innocent deaths from that collateral damage will be on HAMAS.

Interesting. Please post proof re your statements that HAMAS has been eliminated everywhere but "in the Rafah area". Corroboration as well that there are "still roughly 4 batallions of HAMAS militants" in the Rafah area.

Thanks.

btthegreat said:

Interesting. Please post proof re your statements that HAMAS has been eliminated everywhere but "in the Rafah area". Corroboration as well that there are "still roughly 4 batallions of HAMAS militants" in the Rafah area.

Thanks.
Try keeping up with the news. HAMAS has been wiped out as an effective fighting force in all but the Rafah area where roughly four batallions still exists. That is according the the IDF and Netanyahu.

Thanks.

Try keeping up with the news. HAMAS has been wiped out as an effective fighting force in all but the Rafah area where roughly four batallions still exists. That is according the the IDF and Netanyahu.

So, you cannot corroborate your claims.

I thought I'd give it a shot, but I didn't really expect you to provide the information.

So, you cannot corroborate your claims.

I thought I'd give it a shot, but I didn't really expect you to provide the information.
Yawn........

The pigs must surrender.
The "pigs." Your words evidence a lack of maturity, therefore your opinions are easily dismissed.

The "pigs." Your words evidence a lack of maturity, therefore your opinions are easily dismissed.
Hamas ARE pigs
Do you respect the pigs?

Feel free not to participate, to continue to show you have no proof that @snakestretcher posted a message that reflected antisemitism.
I’ll participate in the Israel v pig war discussion but I have made my point convincingly about the nature of some of the posts here.

I’ll participate in the Israel v pig war discussion but I have made my point convincingly about the nature of some of the posts here.
You've let your emotion assume that criticism - heck, mere disagreement with! - Netanyahu reflects antisemitism.

That inference is, of course, incorrect.

Hamas ARE pigs
Do you respect the pigs?
I respect pigs more than I respect Homo sapiens like yourself. Pigs don't wage war against other pigs. Speaking as a farmer. ;)

Hamas ARE pigs
Do you respect the pigs?
What about the Government of Israel, which continues, 5 and 1/2 months after the October 7th attacks, to deliberately target innocent and defenseless civilians?

What about the Government of Israel, which is deliberately depriving civilians of life-sustaining supplies?

And doing the above for no good reason?

Hamas ARE pigs
Do you respect the pigs?

During Intifada, Netanyahu saw PLO/Fatah as the main enemy.
Netanyahu decided to weaken PLO/Fatah by supporting Hamas, the rival of PLO/Fatah (aka. "my enemy's enemy is my friend")
Netanyahu's strategy was successful in strengthening the more radical Hamas at the expense of weakening the more moderate PLO/Fatah.
Netanyahu's strategy got PLO/Fatah expelled from Gaza, while handing it over to Hamas.

Do you now feel happy at what Netanyahu did? For someone who considers someone else to be pigs, you don't seem to oppose wallowing in the pigsty when it's convenient.

Back
Top Bottom