• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is there no inconsistency in Zimmerman's story?

There is no inconsistencies. Therefore they are in the eye of the beholder.

There are a couple, but they are so minor they really dont amount to much. Orlando Sentinel had an article in which they listed about 4.

The biggest inconsistency in Zimmerman's entire story is it hinges on the idea that Martin turned into a murderous psychopath because he was following him. Martin has no history of violence, unlike Zimmerman.

The biggest inconsistency in Zimmerman's entire story is it hinges on the idea that Martin turned into a murderous psychopath because he was following him. Martin has no history of violence, unlike Zimmerman.

Again, means squat. Lotsa bla bla and no substance

Zim was justified in using deadly force under traditional self defense/SYG principles

The state's job *or yours* is to disprove that

Look at the video again. Are you still going to discount those inconsistencies as meaningless or are just in my head?

Extremely minor and at the end.......means squat

Heres one for ya.....

Disprove that Zim was the one screaming for help

not if the jury decides that he initiated the confrontation by stalking Martin.

Your reckless misuse of a bogus criminal offense is so banal and sophomoric that it borders on moronic

Educate yourself or you go on ignore

Your reckless misuse of a bogus criminal offense is so banal and sophomoric that it borders on moronic

Educate yourself or you go on ignore

that makes no sense. what I said was correct.

if the jury thinks GZ initiated the confrontation, he can't claim self-defense in his reckless killing of TM.

There is no inconsistencies. Therefore they are in the eye of the beholder.
To proclaim there is no inconsistencies when the video clearly showed that Zimmerman's conversation with the dispatcher in the non-emergency police line and his reenactment recounting in many instances where he shift the blame to the dispatcher by putting words in his mouth to justify the action he took that night.

The video evidence is there in my opening post. Why do you feel the need to deny the obvious?

Extremely minor and at the end.......means squat

Heres one for ya.....

Disprove that Zim was the one screaming for help
I know you want to defend Zimmerman at all cost. But, his story doesn't add up when you put his non-emergency call to the police and his recounting of the event that night during his reenactment. The time line of each sequence of event leading up to the unfortunate encounter of Zimmerman and Trayvon as we knew it is completely wrong.

Either Zimmerman did park in front of the clubhouse or he didn't but lied about it. The clubhouse video will show that. I saw somewhere that mentioned about the clubhouse video and was said to show no car was parked there during the time Zimmerman claimed he parked there. But, I am not going to hold to that until I actually see it myself.

Eitherway, it changes the whole story and dynamic. If we go by Zimmerman's reenaactment account where he was at the clubhouse and basing on his conversation with the non-emergency dispatcher, the running and chasing could have started near the clubhouse.

The clubhouse video will show that. I saw somewhere that mentioned about the clubhouse video and was said to show no car was parked there during the time Zimmerman claimed he parked there.
The video doesn't show enough to make any determination about that.
It's shot from the indside. All that's in the frame is the front door. Z says he parked on the east side of the door. Where Z says he parked wouldn't've showed anything different from a car driving past the door.
Eitherway, it changes the whole story and dynamic. If we go by Zimmerman's reenaactment account where he was at the clubhouse and basing on his conversation with the non-emergency dispatcher, the running and chasing could have started near the clubhouse.
Z says that M disappeared from view while GZ was at the clubhouse. But GZ also tells us that he drove his vehicle again to the cut through.

that makes no sense. what I said was correct.

if the jury thinks GZ initiated the confrontation, he can't claim self-defense in his reckless killing of TM.

There is no stalking charge/offense by the prosecution towards Zimmerman

There is no stalking charge/offense by the prosecution towards Zimmerman

I never said it was a crime, only a provocative act that has consequences...especially when you end up killing the guy that you were stalking.

The video doesn't show enough to make any determination about that.
It's shot from the indside. All that's in the frame is the front door. Z says he parked on the east side of the door. Where Z says he parked wouldn't've showed anything different from a car driving past the door.
To make determination about what "that"?

By "that" do you mean where Zimmerman parked his truck? Didn't the reenanctment video had Zimmerman telling the office he pulled up into the parking lot of the clubhouse?

Z says that M disappeared from view while GZ was at the clubhouse. But GZ also tells us that he drove his vehicle again to the cut through.
But, according to the reenactment video, Trayvon was still barely walking away from the 1460 apartment when Zimmerman was getting trough to the dispatcher and had just pulled into the clubhouse parking lot. So, to claim M disappeared from view is quite a stretch when M was still quite a way behind him from 1460. So, how could he be driving his vehicle to the cut through when M still haven't reached the clubhouse coming from 1460?

I know you want to defend Zimmerman at all cost.

No and wrong...here are a few tidbits (more later)

Zim’s injuries are consistent with his version of the attack.

Zim broke NO law by getting out of his vehicle and by calling 911 Martin's suspicious attitude/activity

Theres NO witness NOR evidence whatsoever that Zim initiated the verbal or physical encounter

There nothing to disprove that Zim was the one screaming for help

I never said it was a crime, only a provocative act that has consequences...especially when you end up killing the guy that you were stalking.

lol...thats laughable

the guy that you were stalking

Prove, the stalking bit

...Prove, the stalking bit

again? wow.

here are some definitions that show his actions fall under more than a few definitions of "stalking":

To track prey or quarry.
v.tr.
1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.

to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.
2. to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye.
3. to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation.
4. Obsolete . to walk or go stealthily along.
verb (used with object)
5. to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
6. to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game.
7. to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner: Disease stalked the land.

1. to follow or approach (game, prey, etc) stealthily and quietly
2. to pursue persistently and, sometimes, attack

again? wow.

here are some definitions that show his actions fall under more than a few definitions of "stalking":

To track prey or quarry.
v.tr.
1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.

to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.
2. to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye.
3. to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation.
4. Obsolete . to walk or go stealthily along.
verb (used with object)
5. to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
6. to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game.
7. to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner: Disease stalked the land.

1. to follow or approach (game, prey, etc) stealthily and quietly
2. to pursue persistently and, sometimes, attack

Stalking as a criminal offense

Prove it

Stalking as a criminal offense

Prove it

I don't have to prove something I have never claimed.

sorry. :)

just as your side has accused TM of a hate-crime, attempted-murder, assault, drug-dealing, aggravated-assault, and attempted robbery, I can accuse GZ of stalking.

Last edited:
No and wrong...here are a few tidbits (more later)

Zim’s injuries are consistent with his version of the attack.

Zim broke NO law by getting out of his vehicle and by calling 911 Martin's suspicious attitude/activity

Theres NO witness NOR evidence whatsoever that Zim initiated the verbal or physical encounter

There nothing to disprove that Zim was the one screaming for help
Zim’s injuries are more consistent with common injuries suffered during a scuffle.

Whether he broke the law or not, he shot and killed an unarmed teenager. He has to justify his killing before the court of law.

There are physical evidence to suggest Zimmerman's story is false. Zimmerman's own inconsistencies will also discredit his account of the event. When you take away Zimmerman's account of what occurred that night, the only thing left is his call to the police non-emergency line, which points to Zimmerman being the aggressor.

Zimmerman himself disproved he was the one screaming.

To make determination about what "that"?
By "that" do you mean where Zimmerman parked his truck? Didn't the reenanctment video had Zimmerman telling the office he pulled up into the parking lot of the clubhouse?
Yes, about where Z parked. Yes, Z said he pulled into the clubhouse parking lot.
So, to claim M disappeared from view is quite a stretch when M was still quite a way behind him from 1460. So, how could he be driving his vehicle to the cut through when M still haven't reached the clubhouse coming from 1460?
I don't think that GZ gave us any indications of time.

The term "stalking" has been a popular option for some since the beginning. Generates a dramatic menacing image of a wolf hunting a lamb. Then hyping the story another notch by putting a box of Skittles in lambchop's hand and posting a years old picture of him when he was a little kid.

Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy. Mebbe had a case of Barney Fife/wannabe cop syndrome. Dunno. For a short distance he (Zimmerman) did follow Martin. He wasn't stalking Martin. He was on the phone with the police dispatcher at the time for gawd's sake.

There are quite a few known facts in the case worthy of discussing. Throwing in melodramatic embellishment isn't helping your debate points.

...Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy. Mebbe had a case of Barney Fife/wannabe cop syndrome. Dunno. For a short distance he (Zimmerman) did follow Martin. He wasn't stalking Martin.....

professional Neighborhood Watch "guys", don't follow supposed burglars in their car and on foot, while uttering profanities.

GZ stalked TM...and then ended up killing him. That's why he will go to prison.

Yes, about where Z parked. Yes, Z said he pulled into the clubhouse parking lot.

I don't think that GZ gave us any indications of time.
The timeline is not under Zimmerman's control. It's all based on the evidence using his non-emergency phone call he had made to the dispatcher. The time start to countdown no matter whether GZ gave us any indication of time or not. It;s beyond his control. Everything he said has to be in line with the timeline of the call when he started to talk to the dispatcher at the parking lot of the clubhouse.

Therefore, he couldn't say Trayvon did this or that near where he was parked at in his description to the dispatcher when according to his reenactment, Trayvon was still way back there at 1460. Either his call to the dispatcher was false and his reenactment is true. They can't be both true.

Since we presume his call to the dispatcher cannot be false, we must conclude his reenactment is not true.

Last edited:
The timeline is not under Zimmerman's control. It's all based on the evidence using his non-emergency phone call he had made to the dispatcher. The time start to countdown no matter whether GZ gave us any indication of time or not. It;s beyond his control. Everything he said has to be in line with the timeline of the call when he started to talk to the dispatcher at the parking lot of the clubhouse.

Therefore, he couldn't say Trayvon did this or that near where he was parked at in his description to the dispatcher when according to his reenactment, Trayvon was still way back there at 1460. Either his call to the dispatcher was false and his reenactment is true. They can't be both true.
The point being that Z did not say that such ans such happened at such and such time. Therefore, when you say that M couldn't've been at position Z because of what GZ said, it doesn't hold water because GZ didn't give us time stamps for the various things he described.
There's no reason why GZ could "fast-forward" through the dull parts of his story while he was telling it.

The point being that Z did not say that such ans such happened at such and such time. Therefore, when you say that M couldn't've been at position Z because of what GZ said, it doesn't hold water because GZ didn't give us time stamps for the various things he described.
There's no reason why GZ could "fast-forward" through the dull parts of his story while he was telling it.
You obviously missed the part where in the reenactment video Zimmerman stated that when he got through to the dispatcher that's when he parked the truck there at the clubhouse.

From that point on his recount of talking to the dispatcher when parking at the clubhouse during the reenactment would have to synchronize with the audio we heard when we spoke on the phone with the dispatcher. The time line start from there when he described what Trayvon was doing.

Back
Top Bottom