• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is there no inconsistency in Zimmerman's story?

Zimmerman commit an act that is not seen as acceptable in our society. The question is not one of innocence, but if he should be punished for committing it.

Killing someone is bad regardless of the reason. It can be justified in the eyes of the law, but it's still an act we as a society see as 'bad'. You cannot be innocent of an act that in the eyes of our society, it's bad.

I'm trying to keep it as simply as possible so there's no confusion. Words still have meaning and Zimmerman is not innocent in the eyes of our society and thus the law.

So you speak for "our society"? I can think of cases where one human terminated another and it was justified and acceptable.
There was a thread a while back where a young single mom shot and killed a man who broke into her house and was going to rape her. So your statement "Killing someone is bad regardless of the reason" is nothing more than your own personal opinion and stance on society. I don't share your view. There are times when it is 100% acceptable in my opinion, for someone to terminated another persons life.

So you see, there are people in "our society" that don't agree with you. ps. I don't speak for society, but I am part of it.

Last edited:
they prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not innocence.

I don't have to assume he is innocent. most white people didn't think OJ was innocent... nobody ever believes everybody is actually 100% innocent

Zimmerman may have passed the lie detector test. But, is there really no inconsistency in Zimmerman's reenactment account of the night he shot Martin? Despite his cool and calm demeaner in the reenactment video that came across to us like he is a truthful person, was there really no hint of deception seeping out from those obvious inconsistencies.

Watch this:

I know, supporters of Zimmerman is crying foul right now with, but...but... But, go ahead and spill your guts.

Zimmerman passing that lie detector test is a good indication that he's a pathological liar who's adept at fooling a machine.

During that test, he answered, "no," when asked if he had ever driven over the posted speed limit.

"No," he said. It appeared, according to the lie detector, that he was being truthful.

... but then there's this speeding ticket he got in 2006 ...

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

Now while it's apparently true that the case was dismissed, it was dismissed because the officer who wrote him up for speeding didn't show up to court (which is an automatic dismissal) and not because Zimmerman wasn't speeding.

Zimmerman commit an act that is not seen as acceptable in our society.
Wrong! Defending one's self with a handgun is more than acceptable in society.

Zimmerman passing that lie detector test is a good indication that he's a pathological liar who's adept at fooling a machine.

During that test, he answered, "no," when asked if he had ever driven over the posted speed limit.

"No," he said. It appeared, according to the lie detector, that he was being truthful.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

Now while it's apparently true that the case was dismissed, it was dismissed because the officer who wrote him up for speeding didn't show up to court (which is an automatic dismissal) and not because Zimmerman wasn't speeding.
Meaningless drivel.
It doesn't mean he was speeding either.

Just why do you think he challenged the ticket in the first place? Duh!

Regardless this whole thread is hooey.

Zimmerman's account is remarkably consistent with the known evidence.
Which also lends credence to his account.

You all are grasping to the extreme.

Why do you think that people on your side of the argument have to constantly make **** up to try to justify their opinion? The question of speeding on the lie detector test was a control question and Zimmerman was instructed to lie about it. Consequently, he answered "no", which was (and was supposed to be) a lie. I do have to give you credit for continuing the tradition of just making things up. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Last edited:
So you speak for "our society"?
No I don't, but our society has already spoken regarding one human killing another. That's why we have laws against such actions. That's why when someone is killed, law enforcement is called in to investigate. Why investigate if killing isn't bad?
I can think of cases where one human terminated another and it was justified and acceptable.
Justified yes, acceptable no. Killing is suppose to be a last resort for a reason. Hence, when a killing occurs, it's either justified (no punishment to be given) or not justified (punishment is required).
There was a thread a while back where a young single mom shot and killed a man who broke into her house and was going to rape her. So your statement "Killing someone is bad regardless of the reason" is nothing more than your own personal opinion and stance on society. I don't share your view. There are times when it is 100% acceptable in my opinion, for someone to terminated another persons life.

So you see, there are people in "our society" that don't agree with you. ps. I don't speak for society, but I am part of it.
Justifiable homicide doesn't not mean killing someone is a good thing. If the act is justifiable, that means the act itself was wrong but necessary... thus requiring it to be justified. If it's not wrong, then there's no need to offer justification. Again, words have meanings.

jus·ti·fy (jst-f)
v. jus·ti·fied, jus·ti·fy·ing, jus·ti·fies
v.tr.
1. To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified each budgetary expense as necessary; anger that is justified by the circumstances.
2. To declare free of blame; absolve.
3. To free (a human) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin. Used of God.
4. Law
a. To demonstrate sufficient legal reason for (an action taken).

b. To prove to be qualified as a bondsman.
5. Printing To adjust the spacing within (lines in a document, for example), so that the lines end evenly at a straight margin.
v.intr. Printing
To be adjusted in spacing so as to end evenly at the margin.

Meaningless drivel.It doesn't mean he was speeding either.Just why do you think he challenged the ticket in the first place? Duh!
For the exact same reason I've gone to court to challenge mine ... with the hope I could get out of the ticket easily because the cop doesn't show up. Hell, no one even has to go to court anymore to beat speeding tickets if they don't want to ... there are lawyers who do that for you for a nominal fee and they win their cases the same exact way Zimmerman won his.Still, he's such an adept liar, he fooled a polygraph. :lamo

Why do you think that people on your side of the argument have to constantly make **** up to try to justify their opinion? The question of speeding on the lie detector test was a control question and Zimmerman was instructed to lie about it. Consequently, he answered "no", which was (and was supposed to be) a lie. I do have to give you credit for continuing the tradition of just making things up. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Unless you have evidence that Zimmerman was instructed to lie on that question, the one making up whit is you.

I am not surprised by the rush to judgement of people involved in high profile incdents. The media are reckless in their reporting of some stories, which drives the frenzy of other media outlets to rush to find some new angle on the stories. A short list includes missing children, murders, celebrity misdeeds, and political skeletons.

In the case of George Zimmerman, it is very believable that events occured as he states. It is also quite believable that he simply killed Travon in cold blood. No one, including the media, has all the facts. Yet so many poeple have declared unequivocable guilt or innocence for him. This reminds me of the story in which Kobe Bryant was accused of rape. Many professional athletes rushed to the support of Bryant, claiming he could never do such a thing. Yet only two people were in that hotel room that know what really happened.

In this day and age I find almost anything believable, including terrorists using planes to force buildings to collapse. Many in our society see and/or hear a piece of the puzzle and think they see the whole picture.

What I find trully horrible is the threats of violence from some, and a lack of reasoned thinking on the part of many. It is amazing what some people think they know that cannot be known.

Last edited:
Unless you have evidence that Zimmerman was instructed to lie on that question, the one making up whit is you.

You can look at the info that was released by the prosecutors office, either the video itself or the list of 8 questions that were asked. There were two control questions (C) that Zimm was instructed to lie about (the green wall and the speeding ticket) so they can find the reaction when he lies. There were irrelevant questions (IR) and there were relevant question (R).

Because it is the easiest to find right now, you can click on the link and follwo the hyperlinked "questons". That will take you to the list of questions - the C = cntrol and are the two he was instructed to lie about. If you don't trust me, find the entire video. The officer specifically told him to lie on those two questions.

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing | The Smoking Gun

Last edited:
You can look at the info that was released by the prosecutors office, either the video itself or the list of 8 questions that were asked. There were two control questions (C) that Zimm was instructed to lie about (the green wall and the speeding ticket) so they can find the reaction when he lies. There were irrelevant questions (IR) and there were relevant question (R).

Because it is the easiest to find right now, you can click on the link and follwo the hyperlinked "questons". That will take you to the list of questions - the C = cntrol and are the two he was instructed to lie about. If you don't trust me, find the entire video. The officer specifically told him to lie on those two questions.

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing | The Smoking Gun

Thanks.

This means nothing...

Whats meaningful is Zim's fear of death/serious bodily harm at, the *PRECISE* moment of Martin's aggravated assault
All these glaring inconsistencies of Zimmerman means nothing? (Not including other inconsistencies in other physical evidence). So predictable.

You weren't there that night to witness Zimmerman's state of mind at your speculative so-called moment of Martin;s aggravated assault. Zimmerman could be standing with his extended arm and his gun pointed against Martin's chest while Martin was kneeling in front of Zimmerman begging desperately and finally screaming for his life as Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

That's how it explained Martin fell forward face down with with arms beneath him. And that's how there was no gun powder residue on Zimmerman's jacket or inner shirt except on the top part of his sleeve. I had already briefly described this in my blog based on the result of the lab finding.

Without going by Zimmerman's words you have nothing to support your claim of Zimmerman's state of mind. With Zimmerman's words, he has proven himself to be a liar.

If it's true that Zimmerman was instructed to lie about it, then it invalidates the test, i.e. the test is no good.

All these glaring inconsistencies of Zimmerman means nothing? (Not including other inconsistencies in other physical evidence). So predictable.

Means squat. The prosecution needs to establish that Zim had ill will, hatred or a wicked intent before the shooting. They SIMPLY cannot do it
You weren't there that night to witness Zimmerman's state of mind at your speculative so-called moment of Martin;s aggravated assault. Zimmerman could be standing with his extended arm and his gun pointed against Martin's chest while Martin was kneeling in front of Zimmerman begging desperately and finally screaming for his life as Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

Your burden is to disprove Zim's version. Period....the rest is speculative horse****
That's how it explained Martin fell forward face down with with arms beneath him. And that's how there was no gun powder residue on Zimmerman's jacket or inner shirt except on the top part of his sleeve. I had already briefly described this in my blog based on the result of the lab finding.

Without going by Zimmerman's words you have nothing to support your claim of Zimmerman's state of mind. With Zimmerman's words, he has proven himself to be a liar.

I don't have to support anything. Your job is disprove Zim's statements and prove he's lying

This all falls on YOU

It was a voice stress test, not the typical lie detector test, and some have pointed out the problems with the two questions asked. They were not specific enough. Yes, Zimmerman possibly and incorrectly believed his life was in danger because he misjudged the entire situation. But they were not specific enough in asking whom confronted whom... they should have asked, "did Trayvon punch you in the face and knock you did? Did he approach you? Were you following him or were you getting an address?" etc. the questions were not specific

For the exact same reason I've gone to court to challenge mine ... with the hope I could get out of the ticket easily because the cop doesn't show up. Hell, no one even has to go to court anymore to beat speeding tickets if they don't want to ... there are lawyers who do that for you for a nominal fee and they win their cases the same exact way Zimmerman won his.Still, he's such an adept liar, he fooled a polygraph. :lamo

It wasn't a polygraph... it was a voice stress test, and they do that all the time on SyFy's Fact or Faked. Somebody can even run Zimmerman's video account and reenactment though the voice stress analytics without his consent, because that is what they do no Fact or Faked all the time.

If it's true that Zimmerman was instructed to lie about it, then it invalidates the test, i.e. the test is no good.

Yes, Zimmerman was asked to recall the feelings he had when he was pulled over by the police and to indicate no. This is actually very common. This does not invalidate a test. They do it to determine what it looks like when an individual tells a lie. But, I understand why you want to make it appear that the lie detector test is invalid. It didn't quite show what you had hoped. Had it.. You would have been all over it.

Means squat. The prosecution needs to establish that Zim had ill will, hatred or a wicked intent before the shooting. They SIMPLY cannot do it
It means a lot. This is just the inconsistencies in his accounts and reenactment. There are many inconsistencies also in the physical evidence. The prosecutor can certainly do it beyond a reasonable doubt. The problem is that in Florida, such as in Casey Anthony case, some jurors expect the prosecutors to prove beyond absolute doubt. If Zimmerman's defense attorney is able to sit all the jurors from those so-called "conservative" people such as you, then no doubt Zimmerman will walk free even if there is a video at the scene from the house nearby that showed Zimmerman fired at Trayvon's chest while he was kneeling on the ground begging for his life.

Your burden is to disprove Zim's version. Period....the rest is speculative horse****
There is more than enough to disprove Zimmerman's account based on forensic evidence alone. Forensic evidence isn't speculative.

I don't have to support anything. Your job is disprove Zim's statements and prove he's lying

This all falls on YOU
of course you don;t have to support anything. But, you don;t get to tell fancy fairy tales to make Zimmerman looks like a fairy god mother either.

Last edited:
Yes, Zimmerman was asked to recall the feelings he had when he was pulled over by the police and to indicate no. This is actually very common. This does not invalidate a test. They do it to determine what it looks like when an individual tells a lie. But, I understand why you want to make it appear that the lie detector test is invalid. It didn't quite show what you had hoped. Had it.. You would have been all over it.
Yes, such practice of external manipulation invaldiates the test unless there is scientific studies to show that it doesn't. But, in all scientific standard, the tester cannot tell a testee to artificially lie and then take that as control. It is no longer a control because for a control to be valid, you cannot manipulate it. That's why it's called a control.

It was a voice stress test, not the typical lie detector test, and some have pointed out the problems with the two questions asked. They were not specific enough. Yes, Zimmerman possibly and incorrectly believed his life was in danger because he misjudged the entire situation. But they were not specific enough in asking whom confronted whom... they should have asked, "did Trayvon punch you in the face and knock you did? Did he approach you? Were you following him or were you getting an address?" etc. the questions were not specific
Exactly. And only two miserable questions as if to help out this guy as we have seen the Sanford police had been doing so all along.

Yes, such practice of external manipulation invaldiates the test unless there is scientific studies to show that it doesn't. But, in all scientific standard, the tester cannot tell a testee to artificially lie and then take that as control. It is no longer a control because for a control to be valid, you cannot manipulate it. That's why it's called a control.

I just love it when some random guy over the internet knows more then the experts that actually make a living performing such tests. Well done.

I just love it when some random guy over the internet knows more then the experts that actually make a living performing such tests. Well done.
Is that all you have when shown you are wrong? Tell me, what is the point for introducing control?

Last edited:
Is that all you have when shown you are wrong? Tell me, what is the point for introducing control?

U should call the police station and offer yourservices to them. I just know they would love a training class by some guy named dolphinocean. .u can travel across the country and train all the experts,on how to administer these tests. A whole new career for you.

Back
Top Bottom