• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Matthew Expected to Barrel to Florida, the Carolinas

Hillary blames Hurricane on climate change; says Trump ‘totally unfit’ to protect USA from ‘the threat of climate change’ | Climate Depot

Must have been nice to live 1,000 years ago, back before they had hurricanes and tornadoes.

Since Katrina, liberals have been panting and hyperventilating over global-warming driven hurricanes, and now 10 years later, we finally have one, and it's pretty typical in strength.

You can hear the disappointment in the voices on CNN, The Weather Channel, and MSNBC as this thing just won't cooperate and kill tons of Floridians. "Stupid hurricane."

Wow. How much partisan hate does a man have where he thinks journalists root for dead Americans?

Power is out there is a tree limb that took down the main line. No time frame on when they will get it repaired. Truck drove through the neighborhood 6 times. Didn't stop or call any other truck to come out. We are probably last on thenlist.

More than a million people without power. Those guys are running at maximum capacity. Hang in there, ludin!

Ya, the predictions were wrong, and the over selling of this storm will make it less likely that people will take the next one seriously, which as you will remember is why we had so much problem with people not evacuating for Katrina. The weather people, the politicians and the media all have massive incentive to go fear up, with the end result being that the little people get the idea that the elite are lying to them again, no matter how many times after the fact the elite recite the mantra "we just got lucky".

I like how he keeps talking about weather forecasters as "the elite."

Ya, the predictions were wrong, and the over selling of this storm will make it less likely that people will take the next one seriously, which as you will remember is why we had so much problem with people not evacuating for Katrina. The weather people, the politicians and the media all have massive incentive to go fear up, with the end result being that the little people get the idea that the elite are lying to them again, no matter how many times after the fact the elite recite the mantra "we just got lucky".

This was the biggest storm to hit the area since 1898. There was a last minute shift to the east by about 20 miles which put the WORST wind damage about 20 miles out to see along the Florida coast. I wouldn't say they oversold this storm. We just got lucky that the storm track shifted.

The wind damage even in central Florida was actually pretty high with significant power outages as well. But the worst part of a hurricane is always that storm surge. We got lucky. We really did. In fact. So did SC and GA. Lucky the storm lost energy as it pushed up the coast. A cat 4 in that bottleneck would have been insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the biggest storm to hit the area since 1898. There was a last minute shift to the east by about 20 miles which put the WORST wind damage about 20 miles out to see along the Florida coast. I wouldn't say they oversold this storm. We just got lucky that the storm track shifted.

The wind damage even in central Florida was actually pretty high with significant power outages as well. But the worst part of a hurricane is always that storm surge. We got lucky. We really did. In fact. So did SC and GA. Lucky the storm lost energy as it pushed up the coast. A cat 4 in that bottleneck would have been insane.

Glad you made it through ok.

Glad you made it through ok.

Thanks. I was certainly lucky to have a place to leave too. We also got lucky it shifted to the east for sure.

More than a million people without power. Those guys are running at maximum capacity. Hang in there, ludin!

Finally got power back yesterday late.

Finally got power back yesterday late.

Good. That took a long time man. Hope you didn't get too toasty

Good. That took a long time man. Hope you didn't get too toasty

There was 1 night it was a bit warm but my father in law got power back and we went over there.
the next night it was cool and a breeze.

during the day it wasn't that bad 82 but no humidity otherwise it would have been unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom