• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How did These Idiots End up Electing Our Next President?

The fact is Trump wanted to win so he went for the electoral college instead of the popular vote. If you won the presidency by the popular vote he would have campaigned for the popular vote.

Are you aware of the laws of time and space?

Does it make you happy to engage in blatant dishonesty and use the word MAJORITY when I never said that?

Go back and read hundreds of your posts haymarket.

In the particular one you're trying to run from, you stated "some good and decent Americans voted for Trump".

Allow me to present Webster's take on your use of the word "some"

"being at least one —used to indicate that a logical proposition is asserted only of a subclass or certain members of the class denoted by the term which it modifies"​

If "some" is a subclass, or only certain members who are good and decent, that leaves the majority who are not, according to you.

Your own words haymarket.

Perhaps you should abandon these false emotional appeals.

He speaks their language. Moronese

Cz4jMWJWEAAhWFV.jpg

:lamo

You know that is exactly why they like him. He's as stupid as they are.

In the particular one you're trying to run from, you stated "some good and decent Americans voted for Trump".

Nope. I stand by it 100%.

"being at least one —used to indicate that a logical proposition is asserted only of a subclass or certain members of the class denoted by the term which it modifies"​

Can you tell us why you skipped the first three MORE COMMON USAGES of the word SOME to dishonestly focus on #4?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/some

Definition of some
: being an unknown, undetermined, or unspecified unit or thing <some person knocked>
a : being one, a part, or an unspecified number of something (as a class or group) named or implied <some gems are hard>
b : being of an unspecified amount or number <give me some water> <have some apples>
: remarkable, striking <that was some party>
: being at least one —used to indicate that a logical proposition is asserted only of a subclass or certain members of the class denoted by the term which it modifies

Why would you dishonestly do that and ignore the first two which apply perfectly to my usage ?

If "some" is a subclass, or only certain members who are good and decent, that leaves the majority who are not, according to you.

Where did I use the word MAJORITY? You made that up.

No - that was yours.

Perhaps you should abandon these false emotional appeals

Never made any. But you should certainly stop inventing words I did not use as that is a serious violation of intellectual integrity.

Last edited:

Perhaps you should abandon these false emotional appeals.

Nope - consider the statement: some coin flips resulted in heads up. That only says that (some?) other coin flips resulted in tails up - not that either result was a majority. If anything, Haymarket is adept at not saying much at all.

Why then does the right not purge themselves of such people if they do not want to be tarred with that brush?

Why doesn't the left purge themselves of all those falsely accusing others of all the 'isms'?

And you get the double bonus of using the word SUCK (hint hint at the implications of that which are better left unsaid) and buttercup (an obvious smear at ones masculinity) at the same time.

So whining about losing an election is masculine in your eyes? :lamo Whatever happened of 'take it like a man'?

WOW!!! But you are indeed clever. ;):roll:

Your typical unfounded liberal arrogance and condescension noted.

Why doesn't the left purge themselves of all those falsely accusing others of all the 'isms'?

So whining about losing an election is masculine in your eyes? :lamo Whatever happened of 'take it like a man'?

Take it like a man? I think I may have heard that advice in a prison movie.

Why then does the right not purge themselves of such people if they do not want to be tarred with that brush?

And you get the double bonus of using the word SUCK (hint hint at the implications of that which are better left unsaid) and buttercup (an obvious smear at ones masculinity) at the same time.

WOW!!! But you are indeed clever. ;):roll:

Nope. I stand by it 100%.

Can you tell us why you skipped the first three MORE COMMON USAGES of the word SOME to dishonestly focus on #4?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/some

Why would you dishonestly do that and ignore the first two which apply perfectly to my usage ?

Where did I use the word MAJORITY? You made that up.

No - that was yours.

Never made any. But you should certainly stop inventing words I did not use as that is a serious violation of intellectual integrity.

LOL

Your desperation is showing haymarket.

I'm done.

Have a scary day. Monday must be looming like a bad dream.

Nope - consider the statement: some coin flips resulted in heads up. That only says that (some?) other coin flips resulted in tails up - not that either result was a majority. If anything, Haymarket is adept at not saying much at all.

Yep. The statement had nothing to do with coin flips. But I do agree the poster is adept at not saying much at all.

He speaks their language. Moronese

Cz4jMWJWEAAhWFV.jpg

:lamo
It truly is unfortunate.

Too many of us speak and write poorly, especially when in a hurry. I am constantly appalled here on site with those that confuse effect and affect, your and you/re, then and than, their and there and they're, to and too, when to use a and when to use an, basic subject and verb agreement, even our and are. This from supposedly intelligent, educated folk. We all sometimes make mistakes, some of us are better and some worse spellers, some fail to look at/utilize spell check... still one can be smart, savvy, clever, cunning, reasonable or sometimes totally un-reasoned depending on the topic...

But to take this isolated misspelling, or really any problem spelling as... well to present the guy, the total newcomer to the game, the guy that took on all the pros/experts/big money guys and went on to not only beat, he cleaned all clocks to where nobody even came close by the established rules of winning... yes beat all comers for the top job on planet... and for someone of your what, high, on level, lower, comparatively, stature to feel somehow.. no, I'll stop there...yes, tell us....are you level with him or where would you place yourself in comparison on what you would describe as Moronese level, wherever that descriptor might truly be or come from...

Having interacted with you before, having seen how quickly you feel pushed to where all you have left are insults, like we notice you started out here, I am all ears... will listen to your explanation. Then I will speak as well.

Yep. The statement had nothing to do with coin flips. But I do agree the poster is adept at not saying much at all.

The statement had to do with the size of a subset to qualify as some. Some is not most, many or few - yet can apply to any subset.

With every passing day I am rethinking my whole idea about religion and God. For if God does not help us over the next four years - we can all kiss our collective asses good-bye as we have absolutely crossed the line and now are in a political Twilight Zone where an absolute idiot is taking over on January 20th . We have had our share of idiots before. But never an egomaniacal authoritarian idiot with a large following of greater idiots who excuse any behavior, any statement and any action he vomits up before the public.

God help us because there seems little other avenue of salvation for the USA.
You just described the last 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

LOL

Your desperation is showing haymarket.

I'm done.

ttwtt78640 already called you on on your dishonesty with the definition you gave. And it took only 11 minutes for him to do that.

The desperate one is you having to go to those length to come up with anything and even then you had to try to scam everybody.

When you get caught like you just did and you have nothing else - its the usual white flag of surrender.

ttwtt78640 already called you on on your dishonesty with the definition you gave. And it took only 11 minutes for him to do that.

The desperate one is you having to go to those length to come up with anything and even then you had to try to scam everybody.

When you get caught like you just did and you have nothing else - its the usual white flag of surrender.

I don't care about the opinion of anther poster. They are welcome to have one. So what?

Are you that desperate you need someone else to cover for you?

Get off your high horse haymarket, your total annihilation on this issue is complete.

Can't wait to see your posts on December 20.

:peace

But to take this isolated misspelling, or really any problem spelling as... well to present the guy, the total newcomer to the game, the guy that took on all the pros/experts/big money guys and went on to not only beat, he cleaned all clocks to where nobody even came close by the established rules of winning... yes beat all comers for the top job on planet... and for someone of your what, high, on level, lower, comparatively, stature to feel somehow.. no, I'll stop there...yes, tell us....are you level with him or where would you place yourself in comparison on what you would describe as Moronese level, wherever that descriptor might truly be or come from...

I always find it pathetic (and a little funny, in a darkly-humored sort of way) to see Trump-supporters' insinuations that it was Trump's "genius" alone that led him to victory.

He had a lot of help from the MSM (who gave him tons of uncritical free press during the primaries and colluded in tarring HRC with the private server nonsense), the FBI, the GOP who coddled and defended him despite his glaring inadequacies, the interference in our electoral process by foreign agents (the Russians and Assange), and the excessive spending of Super Pacs funded by the likes of the Mercer family.

It also didn't hurt that he ran against the second least popular presidential candidate in recent history.

But sure... by all means keep stroking your master.

Again, so true. The left criticizes the right for trying to cram their high moral values down everyone's throat while at the same time the left tries to cram their own values down everyone's throat. Hypocrisy at it's finest. And again you are right that the right needs to tread carefully down that same road or the tables will turn all over again. I'm stuck in the middle as both sides never really learn that lesson and power just keeps on flip flopping every so many years. Hence, the result is gridlock and obstructionism.
What is great is that our side seems to realize that there are two moral codes in play, that if one side wins, theirs are in play...but the left does not realize that... its like theirs is just, well, everyone knows its the only real way, its not their morals forced upon us, its just the way everything should naturally be... and also should rightfully continue even if they lost.

Stupid think.

I believe you and I have talked about this before and are in agreement to an experiment where the lib states band together and the conservative states likewise join... and see which becomes more prosperous, remains more safe, is happier. Would not be averse at all to see, for instance, California and other West Coast liberal states secede should they so desire, and the fly over and Gulf states, Southern Atlantic states form another unit... just as an example... and they together then form a confederation between two or three groupings say with the northeast also forming up
:think:

2016electoralmap.jpg

The 2016 Electoral map is just for example/viewing purposes... but, as we are all beginning to recognize, the cultural and ideological divides are just too deep to bridge. I oftentimes find myself unable to any longer stand what I consider the absolute irrationality of the positions of my opponents here, and they feel the same with me... :shrug:

I always find it pathetic (and a little funny, in a darkly-humored sort of way) to see Trump-supporters' insinuations that it was Trump's "genius" alone that led him to victory.

He had a lot of help from the MSM (who gave him tons of uncritical free press during the primaries and colluded in tarring HRC with the private server nonsense), the FBI, the GOP who coddled and defended him despite his glaring inadequacies, the interference in our electoral process by foreign agents (the Russians and Assange), and the excessive spending of Super Pacs funded by the likes of the Mercer family.

It also didn't hurt that he ran against the second least popular presidential candidate in recent history.

But sure... by all means keep stroking your master.

Uncritical free press? Which MSM were you watching?

I don't care about the opinion of anther poster.

Nor do you seem to care about your own statements made here just moments ago

I'm done.

I guess you got nailed to the wall and felt you had to try to pull out some of the nails..... but failed anyways. :lamo

What is great is that our side seems to realize that there are two moral codes in play, that if one side wins, theirs are in play...but the left does not realize that... its like theirs is just, well, everyone knows its the only real way, its not their morals forced upon us, its just the way everything should naturally be... and also should rightfully continue even if they lost.

Stupid think.

I believe you and I have talked about this before and are in agreement to an experiment where the lib states band together and the conservative states likewise join... and see which becomes more prosperous, remains more safe, is happier. Would not be averse at all to see, for instance, California and other West Coast liberal states secede should they so desire, and the fly over and Gulf states, Southern Atlantic states form another unit... just as an example... and they together then form a confederation between two or three groupings say with the northeast also forming up
:think:

View attachment 67211285

The 2016 Electoral map is just for example/viewing purposes... but, as we are all beginning to recognize, the cultural and ideological divides are just too deep to bridge. I oftentimes find myself unable to any longer stand what I consider the absolute irrationality of the positions of my opponents here, and they feel the same with me... :shrug:

The weird thing is that much of the so called blue states are actually Republican, except for the heavily populated cities. Too bad there wasn't a way for the urban areas to form their own country and so to could the non big city areas.

Should that kind of stuff be in the Conspiracy section?
Hardly, come on, we all, those informed rather, know about the nomination rigging, media collusion with the Democrat nominee, poor candidate choice by the Dems... election fraud either does or it doesn't go on to a significant extent and maybe we will get better numbers on that from an administration not so into manipulating the data...

And as to the subtle manipulation by google, we saw the bias and manipulation caught on facebook, its not really all that secret what the left will do to win. There are no moral bounds, apparently, that must be breached, just finding ways around getting caught seems tantamount.

Facebook admits rogue employees may have shown bias against conservatives - Washington Times

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...hanges-trending-topics-anti-conservative-bias

Back
Top Bottom