• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI Reveals New Details About Its Probe Into Hillary Clinton's Use of Private Email S

Re: FBI Reveals New Details About Its Probe Into Hillary Clinton's Use of Private Ema

That's a very nice article from Think Progress... Too bad it doesn't add up to squat.

How about you come up with something from a credible source that doesn't have the stench of moonbat all over it?

That isn't a countering of the point, if you want to argue that the Vice President and his underlings had no understanding that Plame in DO was covert, that is entirely your prerogative. If Cheney did not tell Libby, Armitage, et al that she was DO, it sounds like he set them up. If you want to argue that Cheney did not know she was DO, it gets even worse.

The point still remains, Libby did disclose to a reporter Plame's identitiy and her position. You could also take the position they weren't going after his wife because her husband wrote an op-ed on Niger yellowcake claims, embarrassing the WH...or should I say, the Vice President's office.

Re: FBI Reveals New Details About Its Probe Into Hillary Clinton's Use of Private Ema

This isn't something that the President could do "behind closed doors", it's something that by definition would be a public matter. One single FOI request and the whole thing would be blown out of the water.
I dunno.

I don't know the exact channels of power in the upper echelons of federal government, but I have seen it at the municipal, county, and state level where a fair amount of business about critical, sensitive, or personal matters (particularly hiring/firing) does occur off-the-record.

But since I personally don't have insider knowledge of federal government, I'm willing to back-off rather than debate the issue, except to say it's my opinion the President may have similar power to affect decisions as I've seen at lower government entities.

That isn't a countering of the point, if you want to argue that the Vice President and his underlings had no understanding that Plame in DO was covert, that is entirely your prerogative. If Cheney did not tell Libby, Armitage, et al that she was DO, it sounds like he set them up. If you want to argue that Cheney did not know she was DO, it gets even worse.

The point still remains, Libby did disclose to a reporter Plame's identitiy and her position. You could also take the position they weren't going after his wife because her husband wrote an op-ed on Niger yellowcake claims, embarrassing the WH...or should I say, the Vice President's office.

If you want to refute my statement, just point me to the document or testimony that states that the WH was informed prior to her name being leaked, that she was a covert agent. All they were told is that she worked in CPD at langley, which does not make her status "covert".

The reason she was mentioned in the first place was to discredit Wilson and the ****storm he created based on a lie, not to out a CIA agent.

If you want to refute my statement, just point me to the document or testimony that states that the WH was informed prior to her name being leaked, that she was a covert agent. All they were told is that she worked in CPD at langley, which does not make her status "covert".

The reason she was mentioned in the first place was to discredit Wilson and the ****storm he created based on a lie, not to out a CIA agent.

Wait, let me get this, his wife was named...to discredit Joe, her husband? How does disclosing a CIA employee, covert or not, discredit Joe?

Sources said the CIA is angry about the circulation of a still-classified document to conservative news outlets suggesting Plame had a role in arranging her husband's trip to Africa for the CIA. The document, written by a State Department official who works for its Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), describes a meeting at the CIA where the Niger trip by Wilson was discussed, said a senior administration official who has seen it.

How indeed? Tell you what - take a married couple where both of them are working at good-paying jobs...then do that which forces one of them to get fired. Does that affect the couple?

Of course it does...and it wasn't done to "discredit" Joe Wilson - IIRC that was not what was claimed - but it was done as a form of revenge against Joe Wilson...and cutting a married couple's income in half is pretty effective revenge.

Wait, let me get this, his wife was named...to discredit Joe, her husband? How does disclosing a CIA employee, covert or not, discredit Joe?

Are you serious? I can't believe I have to tell you something that's been public knowledge for more than a decade.

Wilson portrayed himself as some kind of credible CIA operative who was "in the know" in his oped's, specially selected by the CIA to go undercover at the request of the VP's office... rather than being someone who was not "in the know", not a trained agent, and someone who only got the gig because his CIA wife recommended him.

Wilson's oped's painted the president as a liar based on the famous 16 words he said in his 2003 SOTU, which the WH knew when this all started, and we all know now, Wilson's report to the CIA actually supported, not refuted.

True.

President Clinton leaving office with the highest favorability rating of any modern President! :doh

That means there's something terribly wrong with the morals and ethics of the Democrat party.

And........still nothing to pin on Hillary.

What do you mean there's nothing to pin on Hillary? There's a lot to pin on Hillary. You're conflating whether she will actually be held accountable vs the reality of the matter.

That means there's something terribly wrong with the morals and ethics of the Democrat party.
It's much bigger than what you claim.

It's national polling, and I believe the number was around 67%. (from memory)

Dems make-up what? 30% of the country?

What do you mean there's nothing to pin on Hillary? There's a lot to pin on Hillary. You're conflating whether she will actually be held accountable vs the reality of the matter.

Held accountable for what...using a Blackberry?

Oh...there are multiple violations. First, you can't use a private server for government work because everything is supposed to be on record. Secondly, there was the mishandling of classified information in thousands of emails. This has been documented as fact.

Will she ever be held accountable for anything? Probably not.

Oh...there are multiple violations. First, you can't use a private server for government work because everything is supposed to be on record. Secondly, there was the mishandling of classified information in thousands of emails. This has been documented as fact.

Will she ever be held accountable for anything? Probably not.
It wasn't against the law when she used her private server. The emails weren't classified when she sent and received them. This is documented fact.

It's much bigger than what you claim.

It's national polling, and I believe the number was around 67%. (from memory)

Dems make-up what? 30% of the country?

Not going to argue that there are Indys and Repubs who need some mental and spiritual help.

A Blackberry she was told was unsecured but, continued to use anyway..

That, or we had a well run country under his leadership, and his getting action on the side pales in comparison to lying to compel us to war or causing an international economic crisis.

That, or we had a well run country under his leadership, and his getting action on the side pales in comparison to lying to compel us to war or causing an international economic crisis.

Guessing you're too young to remember.

Not going to argue that there are Indys and Repubs who need some mental and spiritual help.
Fair enough; I can respect that.

...and it wasn't done to "discredit" Joe Wilson - IIRC that was not what was claimed - but it was done as a form of revenge against Joe Wilson...and cutting a married couple's income in half is pretty effective revenge.

Who claimed this?

If I understand you correctly you believe that the WH, in an attempt to exact revenge on Joe wilson, outed Plame knowing it would compromise her covert status and result in her being let go by the agency. That sounds like a reasonable hypothesis to me.

I think you'll agree however, that had she not been a covert operative, her identity not been classified, and she simply worked behind a desk for the agency in Langley Virginia, then no such plan by the Administration to compromise her position with the CIA would have ever been hatched, because disclosing her identity would not have resulted in her being fired by the agency. Don't jump to conclusions here... I know she was in fact a cover agent at the time and I'm not saying otherwise.

You're an intelligent person, so I would like you to listen to this 2007 interview with Bob Novak on Meet The Press. The relevant excerpt starts at the :40 mark and ends at the 3:55 mark. Pay close attention to what Bob Novak says starting at the 2:31 point and see if it sheds any light on what the CIA at the time, believed her status with the agency to be.

Now assuming that you put truth, logic and reason over politics, wouldn't you agree that:

a) Bill Harlow, who was in charge of public relations at the CIA, would not have confirmed to Novak that Plame worked for the agency at all had he known that she was still considered a "covert operative"?

b) If the CIA believed at the time that Plame's identity was classified, someone from the agency would have contacted Novak to inform him of such in order to prevent him from disclosing her identity in his story?

c) If the CIA at the time did not consider Plame to be a covert agent who's identity was classified, then there's no way that the Administration could have seen her that way either?

d) If the Administration had no idea at the time she was a covert agent who's identity was classified, then leaking her name in order to compromise her position at the CIA wasn't a possibility?

Now put that logic and reason to use one last time... Since leaking her name couldn't have been to out her as a covert operative and destroy her career, why on earth would they have mentioned her at all?

hint: i already answered that question

Now they are wanting to question her due to statements from her staff.
she is in major trouble or should be, but the hack at the DOJ won't do anything
I bet.

It wasn't against the law when she used her private server. The emails weren't classified when she sent and received them. This is documented fact.

The part in bold is excusable because most people don't understand it. Information are classified in nature, not in labeling. Anyone that has proper training has the ability to put the proper classified header and footer on a document. Even the lowliest of Privates in the military do it. Putting those headers on there is not what makes something classified. If you are handling classified information, you are supposed to receive proper training to know how to identify it.

The other part is clear as well. There are transparency laws and regulations in place to ensure that there is a public record for people to access and be subject to FOIA requests or various investigations.

So one statement was based in ignorance, which has been corrected, and the other is based in what?...being a Clinton/Democrat apologist? I don't know the reason for that part.

Clinton private email violated 'clear-cut' State Dept. rules - POLITICO

The part in bold is excusable because most people don't understand it. Information are classified in nature, not in labeling. Anyone that has proper training has the ability to put the proper classified header and footer on a document. Even the lowliest of Privates in the military do it. Putting those headers on there is not what makes something classified. If you are handling classified information, you are supposed to receive proper training to know how to identify it.

The other part is clear as well. There are transparency laws and regulations in place to ensure that there is a public record for people to access and be subject to FOIA requests or various investigations.

So one statement was based in ignorance, which has been corrected, and the other is based in what?...being a Clinton/Democrat apologist? I don't know the reason for that part.

Clinton private email violated 'clear-cut' State Dept. rules - POLITICO
Nonsense. If everything was classified they wouldn't be sifting through all thousands of emails looking for classified information, now would they?

Nonsense. If everything was classified they wouldn't be sifting through all thousands of emails looking for classified information, now would they?

Yes, yes they would. There are thousands upon thousands of emails to go through. It's obvious that the information in the emails was not handled properly, and that includes proper labeling. So every email has to be read and compared to various regulations to ascertain the proper classification, by people who know about various programs. Again, classification is not determined by labeling but by the information contained. At the very least, Clinton probably blew off the training and didn't give the various regulations much though because she's an elite that are used to getting what they want and who's going to tell her no?

Guessing you're too young to remember.

Remember what ?

The economic growth of the 90s ?

Yes, yes they would. There are thousands upon thousands of emails to go through. It's obvious that the information in the emails was not handled properly, and that includes proper labeling. So every email has to be read and compared to various regulations to ascertain the proper classification, by people who know about various programs. Again, classification is not determined by labeling but by the information contained. At the very least, Clinton probably blew off the training and didn't give the various regulations much though because she's an elite that are used to getting what they want and who's going to tell her no?

Lol what a load of malarky.

If someone else took classified info, stripped the markings, and emailed it to her, then THEY are the ones who committed the crime, not Hillary.

Lol what a load of malarky.

If someone else took classified info, stripped the markings, and emailed it to her, then THEY are the ones who committed the crime, not Hillary.

Both are criminal, the sender of the email and the provider of an unauthorized file server used illegally to receive classified documents. No question Hillary has committed felonies. The question is whether or not she will be indicted and our government is certainly corrupt enough not to allow that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom