• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says insi

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

It means that by your rules I can argue principle.

We can always argue principle, but we have to have a consistent view that we hold all candidates to, and not just the woman.

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

We can always argue principle, but we have to have a consistent view that we hold all candidates to, and not just the woman.

I voted for neither.

Make your case!!!

"There is probable cause to believe that the Subject Laptop contains evidence, contraband, fruits, and/or other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 793 (e) and (f)," an FBI agent wrote, citing felony Espionage Act provisions for illegal possessions of classified information."

~By JOSH GERSTEIN From Politico

Also, a Judge granted a warrant to seize these elements which had Classified materials. The FBI had probable cause because Hillary Clinton did not provide this information to the FBI during her interview.

Hillary Clinton started this mess. She should take responsibility for her actions. You are right the FBI does not prosecute but it has law enforcement responsibilities to investigate these crimes, and that is what they did!!!

Make Your Case. How did the email scandal regarding the FBI help Donald Trump win the presidency?

If comey had resigned he would still have a future in Washington

As it is he is finished

If comey had resigned he would still have a future in Washington

As it is he is finished

I see no reason why he should not serve out his full ten year term.

Mac 77 can you support your statement? It's the president of United States that appoints the director of the FBI. The question is why would Donald Trump remove the director? The media and some smericans accuse him of helping Donald Trump win the presidency by sending that letter to Congress about reopening the case concerning Hillary Clinton handling of classified information.

Last edited:

I see no reason why he should not serve out his full ten year term.

He has proven to be a loyal lapdog who does what his master tells him to

And now comey belongs to trump so you may have a point about letting him stay

But Im not trump and I would push him out the door somehow

Mac 77 can you support your statement? It's the president of United States that appoints the director of the FBI. The question is why would Donald Trump remove the director from the bottom position where the media and some Americans accuse him a helping Donald Trump win the presidency by sending a letter to the Congress about reopening the case concerning Hillary Clinton handling of classified information.

I would fire comey because I could never trust him

He was hot one day, cold the next.

First here, then over there

I would not have him around for one day

Mac 77. From my understanding the FBI director reopen the case because ex representative weiner from New York was being investigated. During that investigation the FBI found classified emails on his laptop which his wife used when she was working at the state department. I believe the FBI director was doing the right thing covering his tracks because he's the one that should take responsibility for the investigation. I don't believe the FBI director should take responsibility for something that Hillary Clinton did. That being said I'm not sure why Huma Abedin or congressman weiner didnt delete the emails from the laptop. Doesn't seem like it's a hard thing to do but unfortunately it happened. I believe FBI director also is an attorney and worked at the department of justice during the Bush Administration. I think he's well qualified and I think he was following proper protocol and there was also a judge that provided a warrant to search the home.

He has proven to be a loyal lapdog who does what his master tells him to

And now comey belongs to trump so you may have a point about letting him stay

But Im not trump and I would push him out the door somehow

I think he did the right thing each time he had a choice throughout the email matter.

I haven't seen this much dissent and scorn since the Bush Administration lost 22 MILLION emails while using a GOP server!

Oh wait.... it wasn't Hillary so it's all okay, nothing to see here folks!

I think the Weiner cut a deal: "if you don't present the search warrant, and instead I voluntarily give it to you, you have access to every thing in it. But for that I want a deal. "

Middle Ground. No one is talking about the Bush Administration. This is not eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. And if you're going to make a statement please back it up with support. If you're going to take a stance and argue why director Comey should take responsibility for Hillary Clinton's loss then make your argument.

He could have cut a deal with the FBI. That's some serious charges he was facing. Also I believe his wife is divorcing him too. Talking about bad luck.

Middle Ground. No one is talking about the Bush Administration. This is not eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. And if you're going to make a statement please back it up with support. If you're going to take a stance and argue why director Comey should take responsibility for Hillary Clinton's loss then make your argument.

That is exactly my point.

I think your point is that you don't have a point. Please do not respond back I will ignore your comment because it seems like you don't have a case. This this is a debating forum. If you want to make comments you can go to the New York Times or the Washington Post and you can make your comments there.

Make Your Case. How did the email scandal regarding the FBI help Donald Trump win the presidency?

I misrepresent the situation. Comely left an impression that more was coming out on Hillary when that really wasn't the case. It kept that nonsense in the news.

I misrepresent the situation. Comely left an impression that more was coming out on Hillary when that really wasn't the case. It kept that nonsense in the news.

Washington Post just put out an article where Loretta Lynch could have stepped in and told the FBI director James Comey do not send it a letter to Congress informing them that he was going to reopen the case on Hillary Clinton's email scandal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-attorney-general-could-have-ordered-fbi-director-james-comey-not-to-send-his-bombshell-letter-on-clinton-emails-heres-why-she-didnt/2016/12/21/7824d00a-c5fd-11e6-85b5-76616a33048d_story.html?utm_term=.b616e2ddfeb8#comments

Go back to my original point as I said before FBI director James Comey was not trying to sabotage Hillary Clinton's chances of winning the election. You may have an opinion but you need to support your opinion. Try again.

Washington Post just put out an article where Loretta Lynch could have stepped in and told the FBI director James Comey do not send it a letter to Congress informing them that he was going to reopen the case on Hillary Clinton's email scandal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-attorney-general-could-have-ordered-fbi-director-james-comey-not-to-send-his-bombshell-letter-on-clinton-emails-heres-why-she-didnt/2016/12/21/7824d00a-c5fd-11e6-85b5-76616a33048d_story.html?utm_term=.b616e2ddfeb8#comments

Go back to my original point as I said before FBI director James Comey was not trying to sabotage Hillary Clinton's chances of winning the election. You may have an opinion but you need to support your opinion. Try again.

Not sure that her not stepping in is evidence. She had her own problems with perception. The support is that there was no reason to make this public and there was no likelihood of it having any connection to Hillary. As for intent? I'm not sure I said there was intent. I try not to read minds too often. Instead, I argue it had an effect and that it was unnecessary and not really proper.

I haven't seen this much dissent and scorn since the Bush Administration lost 22 MILLION emails while using a GOP server!

Oh wait.... it wasn't Hillary so it's all okay, nothing to see here folks!
But that was a woman or a democrat. Double standard don't you know.
:coffeepap

Back
Top Bottom