• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says insi

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

Verifiable propaganda.

[h=3]About OurFuture.org[/h]About OurFuture.org. OurFuture.org, a project of People's Action ...

I am sorry but I don't get the point of your post. Statistics are facts no matter who presents them.

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

I am sorry but I don't get the point of your post. Statistics are facts no matter who presents them.

Well, no. The unemployment statistics, for example, are presented in a very misleading manner.

Well, no. The unemployment statistics, for example, are presented in a very misleading manner.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

:agree: As was explained to me a while back, if you don't have a job, but are looking for one, you're considered employed. I didn't understand the reasoning then, and I still don't, but I do understand that it makes the official unemployment numbers look good, so I guess I must be making progress in my effort to gain knowledge about such things. :2dance:

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

:agree: As was explained to me a while back, if you don't have a job, but are looking for one, you're considered employed. I didn't understand the reasoning then, and I still don't, but I do understand that it makes the official unemployment numbers look good, so I guess I must be making progress in my effort to gain knowledge about such things. :2dance:

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

The problem is they left out the time dimension.:doh

The unemployment situation is so bad that many college grads cant find jobs when they graduate.

More people on food stamps than before also indicates the economy is not as good as before.

I don't think Powell sent or received classified material through his private email account

But assuming the statute of limitations has not expired I don't mind an investigation of him also

If he is found to be as guilty as we already know Hillary is that does not mean both should get a pass

But rather that both should go to jail

There was never going to be anything on him or Gonzales either. This just doesn't raise to the level many want to believe it does. And oddly, few said anything about it until it involved Hillary. This seems like a double standard to me.

[h=3]Democrats' still-misleading claim comparing Clinton emails to her ...[/h]https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../democrats-still-misleading-clai...The Washington Post

Jul 8, 2016 - Clinton has produced more emails than Powell. ... during which Brown highlighted policydifferences between Clinton and Trump, Brown was ...

[h=3]Partisan Spin on Clinton's Emails - FactCheck.org[/h]www.factcheck.org/2016/06/partisan-spin-on-clintons-emails/

FactCheck.org

Jun 3, 2016 - Some personal emails sent to Powell and aides to former Secretary of .... But the IG report was pointed in drawing key differences between ...

[h=3]Hillary Clinton said 'my predecessors did the same thing' with email ...[/h]www.politifact.com/...clinton/hillary-clinton-said-my-predecessors-did-...

PolitiFact.com

Mar 9, 2016 - Like Clinton, Powell used a personal email address. ... And there's a big difference between a private account, which is generally free and ...

[h=3]Why Colin Powell's Emails Are Not Like Hillary's | The Weekly Standard[/h]www.weeklystandard.com/why...powells-emails-are.../2000949

The Weekly Standard

Feb 5, 2016 - Two of Powell's emails have been retroactively classified. ... are obvious differences between Powell's receipt of two emails and Clinton's robust ...

I've actually read all of those and more, but they also give commonalities. And I added Gonzales. no one has faced anything without intent and / or lying to the FBI, lying that could be proven.

There was never going to be anything on him or Gonzales either. This just doesn't raise to the level many want to believe it does. And oddly, few said anything about it until it involved Hillary. This seems like a double standard to me.

Of course the reaction on both sides is influenced by politics.

If liberals had thought about it they would have for efully attacked gonzales and powell.

And I suppose conservatives would not have been as outraged over powell as they are about hillary.

But sometimes we have to look beyond partisan politics and see incompetence and outright stupidity for what it is.

Our enemies were reading everything hillary was teading and that is harmfull to our national interests

Of course the reaction on both sides is influenced by politics.

If liberals had thought about it they would have for efully attacked gonzales and powell.

And I suppose conservatives would not have been as outraged over powell as they are about hillary.

But sometimes we have to look beyond partisan politics and see incompetence and outright stupidity for what it is.

Our enemies were reading everything hillary was teading and that is harmfull to our national interests

True, but they're likely reading those we have in government data bases as well. Let's face it, these systems are not as secure as we like to believe.

FBI reopened the Clinton Email investigation.

I just thought I'd mention, that the State Department's Inspector General report stated that the rule requiring “normal day-to-day operations” be conducted on government servers, wasn't established until 2005, after Powell was no longer SOS. It also stated that the rules governing personal email and the use of non-government systems when Clinton was SOS were “considerably more detailed and more sophisticated.”

Yes Powell broke some of the rules, but not on the level that Clinton did. The cyber thread during Powell's tenure was no where near what it was during Clinton's time as SOS.

I just thought I'd mention, that the State Department's Inspector General report stated that the rule requiring “normal day-to-day operations” be conducted on government servers, wasn't established until 2005, after Powell was no longer SOS. It also stated that the rules governing personal email and the use of non-government systems when Clinton was SOS were “considerably more detailed and more sophisticated.”

Yes Powell broke some of the rules, but not on the level that Clinton did. The cyber thread during Powell's tenure was no where near what it was during Clinton's time as SOS.

I've seen that. I think Gonzales is closer, but there are some similarities with Powell, mostly that we didn't even get his emails. Still don't have them.

I've actually read all of those and more, but they also give commonalities. And I added Gonzales. no one has faced anything without intent and / or lying to the FBI, lying that could be proven.

FBI has reopened the email investigation today.

The liberal pro hillary news media is having a cow today.

When the news broke hillary and her flunkies were on her private jet that did not have wifi.

So she did not know the **** had hit the fan for two hours.

I've seen that. I think Gonzales is closer, but there are some similarities with Powell, mostly that we didn't even get his emails. Still don't have them.

Why do you liberals always try to deflect by pointing to the Bush administration...It's weak, and simple minded....You can do better, give it a try.

Did you hear that collective "Oh...never mind," in the voice of Lilly Tomlin, by the Clinton supporters and Russian conspiracy advocates on this thread?

And nothing will happen with that either. Remember, they don't have her emails and they never said they were looking at her.

Why do you liberals always try to deflect by pointing to the Bush administration...It's weak, and simple minded....You can do better, give it a try.

it's not a deflection, and often isn't. You can't have one standard for republicans and another for democrats. You make comparisons by finding the things that are similar. Mindless wanting her "got" without actually looking at precedence doesn't work for most rational people. Fact is, this has not ended in charges when like is compared to like.

And nothing will happen with that either. Remember, they don't have her emails and they never said they were looking at her.

Hard to understand the point you're trying to make.

it's not a deflection, and often isn't. You can't have one standard for republicans and another for democrats. You make comparisons by finding the things that are similar. Mindless wanting her "got" without actually looking at precedence doesn't work for most rational people. Fact is, this has not ended in charges when like is compared to like.

Nothing is complete in these investigations....So, I think you are jumping the gun here...Oh, and just because you try to type it out to sound authoritative, doesn't convince me that she is anything other than a run of the mill criminal.

Hard to understand the point you're trying to make.

Not that hard. This all simply won't add up to anything. In the end it we will see no charges filed, no action taken, and a Clinton presidency. I think that is very easy to follow.

Nothing is complete in these investigations....So, I think you are jumping the gun here...Oh, and just because you try to type it out to sound authoritative, doesn't convince me that she is anything other than a run of the mill criminal.

Actually, my point is you're jumping the gun. Let me ask, how many times have you expected something to happen on these things that just plain didn't pan out? By definition, a criminal is someone found to have committed a crime. If you believe in American ideals, that means a person is innocent until proven guilty. We don't and shouldn't jail people based on public opinion, especially misguided opinion. You have a long history of being wrong, as most republican haters have. So, when will you take a deep breath, pause and question the validity of your beliefs?

Not that hard. This all simply won't add up to anything. In the end it we will see no charges filed, no action taken, and a Clinton presidency. I think that is very easy to follow.

You may be right. Myself, I'll await the results of the election and the investigations.

Actually, my point is you're jumping the gun. Let me ask, how many times have you expected something to happen on these things that just plain didn't pan out? By definition, a criminal is someone found to have committed a crime. If you believe in American ideals, that means a person is innocent until proven guilty. We don't and shouldn't jail people based on public opinion, especially misguided opinion. You have a long history of being wrong, as most republican haters have. So, when will you take a deep breath, pause and question the validity of your beliefs?

I'm jumping the gun? With all the things coming out now I fail to understand someone as partisan, and vitriolic as you with your name calling, and dripping condescension can even type these things with a straight face....Of course Hillary deserves due process, but I have no power to either jail her myself, or adjudicate her for any of her obvious crimes. The fact that the system is broken, and someone as deplorable as Hillary Clinton can do what she has done, and get away with it exposing the demo party as nothing but corrupt liars is testament to the ability of progressives being a cancer to society....

Now, if you have something intelligent to say then I suggest you say it, otherwise quit wasting our time.

You can believe what you want, but politics played 100% in this, and that's a fact. She destroyed thousands of emails, THAT'S INTENT RIGHT THERE, like it or not. Comey fell on his sword and is regretting every minute since. His name and reputation are ruined. Clearly you either don't understand the mechanics of security and the associated policies, or you are purposely denying everything for partisan reasons (if you do know). There isn't a single person that I know that handles classified data that isn't absolutely certain that she violated the laws and governing regulations, and should have been indicted. And frankly I think even the dumbest people aware of this at least know that something is wrong with how she handled the emails. Those emails don't even have to have classified data in them for her to have violated the Record Act alone, did you know that? The existence of classified data just makes the violations worse then they already are (i.e., Espionage Act). I'm sick of leftwingers running around here saying she did nothing wrong, because Comey didn't recommend indictment. Using political excuses to justify wrongdoing at a Top Secret/SCI level is some lame ****! Our country's secrets were involved, and anyone who claims to love this country should be demanding appropriate justice for this.

Did you taking an oath to protect this country or not? Yes or no.

Sub sailor's photo case draws comparisons to Clinton emails - POLITICO

Back
Top Bottom