• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Fast food restaurant

Favorite Fast Food Restaurant

• Total voters
In N Out is MUCH better than Five Guys....not even close. I like 5 guys but their burger doesn't compare. Good fries though.

Imo 5 Guys is better, but not by enough to make up the huge price difference. Oh, if your tipsy (or drunk) though, 5 Guys is 10x better...not that I'd know >.>

Five Guys isn't listed.

I call fowl.

McDonalds ....... Quality started going down early 90 and never came back
Burger King........ Only eat the whopper now, which used to be better
Subway ......... Yuk
KFC ........... Used to be great WTF happened?
Chipotle Mexican Grill .......... Never tried it, but I dont think I would like it
Pizza Hut .......... Loved 70's, Was good in the 80's still, never after
Starbucks .......... For heat and serve not bad
Wendy's .......... never liked it
Panera Bread ......... Way over priced and not very good
Five Guys ....... Burger is OK but overpriced, fries suck $2 for bottled water only water choice? FY
Taco Bell ......... never good, now worse than ever
Popeyes Louisiana kitchen ......... Was good till about 15 years ago, now most of the spice is gone. FY
TacoTime ........ overpriced, consistent but only fair
Taco Johns ......... used to be amazing, not fair a few to be found
Carls JR ........ I can deal with it
Arby's ........... Only do the roast beef and fries...used to be a lot better but I do them once a year for old times sake
Jack in the Box ......... used to like them, now only super late nite stoner food
Quiznos ............. they were good till about 10 years ago, fell apart, now they are mostly gone
White Castle ........ still love em
Papa Johns ......... would love them if they where about half the price
Sonic .......... fan
WhattaBurger ......... Yes please
In N Out ........ Burger and shake yes, fries are inedible.
Jimmy Johns ......... Hell no
Dairy Queen ......... Ice Cream only
Little Caesars ......... Used to be way better, but once in awhile
Dominos ........ No way, either before or after they admitted that they suck
Chick-fil-a ......... Never tried, want to, these guys are well managed.
Dunkin Donuts ....... donuts and coffee only

Last edited:
I tried the chick N' tater one a month or so ago and it was far better then it had any right to be. It was their better chinken patty (aka not the cheap one), hash browns, cheese, and ranch. Soo good despite taking a couple more years off my life.

Haha, I've been tempted a few times, but I know ill feel like death if I eat all that.

McDonalds ....... Quality started going down early 90 and never came back
Burger King........ Only eat the whopper now, which used to be better
Subway ......... Yuk
KFC ........... Used to be great WTF happened?
Chipotle Mexican Grill .......... Never tried it, but I dont think I would like it
Pizza Hut .......... Loved 70's, Was good in the 80's still, never after
Starbucks .......... For heat and serve not bad
Wendy's .......... never liked it
Panera Bread ......... Way over priced and not very good
Five Guys ....... Burger is OK but overpriced, fries suck $2 for bottled water only water choice? FY
Taco Bell ......... never good, now worse than ever
Popeyes Louisiana kitchen ......... Was good till about 15 years ago, now most of the spice is gone. FY
TacoTime ........ overpriced, consistent but only fair
Taco Johns ......... used to be amazing, not fair a few to be found
Carls JR ........ I can deal with it
Arby's ........... Only do the roast beef and fries...used to be a lot better but I do them once a year for old times sake
Jack in the Box ......... used to like them, now only super late nite stoner food
Quiznos ............. they were good till about 10 years ago, fell apart, now they are mostly gone
White Castle ........ still love em
Papa Johns ......... would love them if they where about half the price
Sonic .......... fan
WhattaBurger ......... Yes please
In N Out ........ Burger and shake yes, fries are inedible.
Jimmy Johns ......... Hell no
Dairy Queen ......... Ice Cream only
Little Caesars ......... Used to be way better, but once in awhile
Dominos ........ No way, either before or after they admitted that they suck
Chick-fil-a ......... Never tried, want to, these guys are well managed.
Dunkin Donuts ....... donuts and coffee only

wow, you're uite the connoisseur of terrible "food"

List your favorite fast food restaurant and why.

Mine is El Pollo Loco. Not authentic, but much better than Taco Bell, Taco Time, Chipotle.

Though craving a Double Whopper with cheese about once a month, i like Latte at Starbuck's all the time.

wow, you're uite the connoisseur of terrible "food"

Awe come on. A Double Whopper with cheese is good now and then. It's got something wonderfully obscene about chomping into it that it all but impossible to get right at home.

Awe come on. A Double Whopper with cheese is good now and then. It's got something wonderfully obscene about chomping into it that it all but impossible to get right at home.

you should invest in a grill. I can guarantee your own cooking and ingredients would be much better.

you should invest in a grill. I can guarantee your own cooking and ingredients would be much better.

Yeah but you can't put money in the grill and leave a minute later with a whopper.

What Kinds of Meat Do Fast-Food Places Use in Their Burgers? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

"bb-b-b-but it tastes good" derp

The exact ingredients in a fast-food burger are almost impossible to know because restaurants aren't required to reveal this information. Even if a burger is labeled "all beef," it may contain fillers, chemicals and binders that add flavor and texture.

Multiple Animals
Before the globalization of the fast-food market, hamburger was sourced from local farms and may have come from just one or two cows. Now, the ground beef is churned out in factories and consists of meat from hundreds of animals from multiple locations, Eric Schlosser, author of "Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal," explained in a 2002 interview with CBS News. This process increases the risk of widespread foodborne illness because one tainted cow may affect hundreds or thousands of burgers.
The Meat Is Beef
Allegations of the presence of horse meat in burgers plagued Burger King's European stores in 2013. A supplier in Ireland was found to be mixing horse into its ground beef, but DNA tests determined that Burger King's products were not tainted. Fast-food restaurants, including Burger King, tenaciously claim the meat in their burgers is beef. How much of any fast-food burger actually consists of meat, though, is unclear, Kantha Shelke, a scientist for a Chicago-based food science and nutrition research firm, told ABC News in 2011. Grain and cereal binders are usually combined with the meat to add bulk, texture and flavor. The amount of binder used depends on each particular company and is not information that fast-food establishments are required to release to the public.
Would You Like Some Ammonia With That?
Up to 12 percent of fast-food burgers may consist of ammoniated beef product -- scraps and trimmings left over from slaughter, food safety lawyer Bill Marler told ABC News in 2011. These scraps used to be reserved only for pet food, but they are now treated with ammonium hydroxide, which supposedly kills E. coli and salmonella -- and thus the U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers the scraps safe for human consumption. The amount of ammoniated beef product used in fast-food burgers has decreased in recent years, though. Prior to 2012, approximately 70 percent of the ground beef in commercial settings -- including fast-food restaurants, school lunch programs and grocery stores -- contained the product. Following social media uproar, only about 5 percent of beef products now contain it, reported "Time" magazine in 2013.
Beef Grades
Meat is not automatically graded by meat inspectors, but it is assigned a passing or failing grade in terms of fitness for human consumption. Only if a producer asks will a U.S. Department of Agriculture official assign a grade to beef. Certain grades warrant a higher price tag and have greater marketability, so meat producers might benefit from requesting a grading in certain cases. USDA Prime, Choice, Select and Standard grades are available, with Prime usually going to upscale establishments, not your local fast-food restaurant. Choice is the most widely sold commercially, according to Snopes.com, and the lower grades of beef, known as USDA Utility, Cutter and Canner, are mostly incorporated into hot dogs and ground beef -- so these grades might be showing up in your fast-food burgers.

thinking a whopper is good food says a lot about the person.

All depends on what your personal definition of good is. I used to love the WHOPPER, it used to be bigger overall than it is now, and long ago the patty was bigger than the bun, to drive home that it was the Whopper. I am not sure how many times it has been shrunk but at least two, and I am talking about the patty. There also used to be a lot more toppings, and they used to be placed with care, making a beautifully built sandwhich. I got one a year ago that had one slice of tomato, one small piece of lettuce, and a few shreds of onion, that is all. They have also now cut the salt. Bastards. But that flame broiled is sure tasty. I hate that as of about 15 years ago they massively overcharge for the cheese, gotta have the cheese, so I get one togo and put two slices of American cheese on it at home, putting the patty in the micro for 45 seconds.

All depends on what your personal definition of good is. I used to love the WHOPPER, it used to be bigger overall than it is now, and long ago the patty was bigger than the bun, to drive home that it was the Whopper. I am not sure how many times it has been shrunk but at least two, and I am talking about the patty. There also used to be a lot more toppings, and they used to be placed with care, making a beautifully built sandwhich. I got one a year ago that had one slice of tomato, one small piece of lettuce, and a few shreds of onion, that is all. They have also now cut the salt. Bastards. But that flame broiled is sure tasty. I hate that as of about 15 years ago they massively overcharge for the cheese, gotta have the cheese, so I get one togo and put two slices of American cheese on it at home, putting the patty in the micro for 45 seconds.

you seem to eat a ton of fast food.

what is your take on the quality of the meat used and other ingredients?

This in spite of me saying that a lot of these places used to be good but are not anymore, that I go once a year for old times sake, yuk......

Remember that reading comprehension is a learnable skill.

I am a bankrupt former professional chef/restaurant manager/restaurant owner, retired..... I rarely go get fast food now. I save my restaurnt dollars for great eating mostly in Seattle, unusually happy hours.

Last edited:
This in spite of me saying that a lot of these places used to be good but are not anymore, that I go once a year for old times sake, yuk......

Reading comprehension is a learnable skill.

once a year huh? that's great

Funny how no one goes to these places and no one buys regular meat at the store.

they buy it all from the farmer down the road.

of course when you eat at restaurants all that food comes from big ag.

AT BK? I already said all I eat there now is the Whooper so I dont know. I do know that so far as beef goes at burger places it used to be better. I think the main problem is that the patties are made on super high speed production lines now and they dont have a good texture a lot of the time. Places have also done everything they can to speed cook times, at some chains they go into a kind of panini press that cooks from both the top and the bottom, and they add steam and whatever else they can think of to save money, they dont care about the end quality because they are convinced that a huge number of people cant tell the difference between quality and crap, and that for most of the rest crap is not a deal breaker. But the cow and how it is raised is not the problem with beef (it sure is with pork though, modern pork is terrible) when it comes t burgers, it is what comes after, to include how much fat is ground into the meat.

Last edited:
AT BK? I already said all I eat there now is the Whooper so I dont know. I do know that so far as beef goes at burger places it used to be better. I think the main problem is that the patties are made on super high speed production lines now and they dont have a good texture a lot of the time. Places have also done everything they can to speed cook times, at some chains they go into a kind of panini press that cooks from both the top and the bottom, at steam and what ever else they can think of to save money, they dont care about the end quality because they are convinced that a huge number of people cant tell the difference between quality and crap, and that for most of the rest crap is not a deal breaker. But the cow and how it is raised is not the problem with beef (it sure is with pork though, modern pork is terrible) when it comes t burgers, it is what comes after, to include how much fat is ground into the meat.

well said, I would have to argue the way beef is raised does matter though

Fudruckers!! Great food for what it is

well said, I would have to argue the way beef is raised does matter though

About that. I had a burger at Blazing Onion which uses painted hills beef, this is one of those places where they promise that the cow never rode on a truck that was going over 40 MPH, if it ever got certain medicines it will not be sold on the painted hills brand, they tell you all the great food it ate, can even tell you what few acres it lived on.....and it was one of the worst burgers I have eaten in awhile. The texture is all wrong, and it had little flavor.

About that. I had a burger at Blazing Onion which uses painted hills beef, this is one of those places where they promise that the cow never rode on a truck that was going over 40 MPH, if it ever got certain medicines it will not be sold on the painted hills brand, they tell you all the great food it ate, can even tell you what few acres it lived on.....and it was one of the worst burgers I have eaten in awhile. The texture is all wrong, and it had little flavor.

the taste itself isn't what necessarily makes it healthy. Take Dorito's for example.

I do remember locally raised bison as being the best I had ever had.

Back
Top Bottom