• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Fast food restaurant

Favorite Fast Food Restaurant

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
List your favorite fast food restaurant and why.

Mine is El Pollo Loco. Not authentic, but much better than Taco Bell, Taco Time, Chipotle.

Once upon a time, I liked fast food. But that was back when MacDonald's was still striving hard to count up to it's first "Million Sold."

Back then a thick, juicy beef-burger was still grilled on-site; you got a full slice of onion, several full leaves of lettuce, and the French fries were greasy-crisp and salty. Yuuuummmm.

I haven't found any fast-food chain in the last 25 years that isn't using fully processed and sweetened foods, crappy portions, and look nothing like the pictures you see posted.

That includes every chain listed on the poll. I could easily list all the problems with each, but I think most people old enough already know the difference. :thumbdown

Last edited:
Myself I voted for other thinking of Panda Express as perhaps more healthy than burgers and fries. Then I knew somebody would go google to see how healthy Panda's really was. So I decided to beat them to it.

Now that I have looked the calorie count and fat content I concede I was totally wrong. Forget the Kung Pao Chicken,Orange Chicken., and Bejing Beef. Perhaps just grab a iced tea and fortune cookie and call it a day. I quit.

Mine is El Pollo Loco. Not authentic, but much better than Taco Bell, Taco Time, Chipotle.

McDonalds, Burger King and Wendys for fast food burgers. Its quick and I like the taste. Plus a lot of burger kings and McDonalds in my tow are with in a block or two from each other. So if I am in the mood for Whopper and McDonalds fries I can stop at one place and go to the other. Or someone in my house wants McNuggets and I want Whopper with Cheese then I can get it.

Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, Jack in the Box or Taco Bueno for fast food tacos. I like fast food tacos in general. Jack in Box 2 for 99 cent tacos are make different than other fast food tacos.

Cicis and Mazzios for fast food pizza. Mazzios and practically ever other other pizza place on the planet might have better quality pizza than Cicis. But Cicis got variety and you can custom order at the buffet and the Spinach Mushroom and alfredo sauce pizza does not taste the same at other places.

Churches,KFC, Lees Famous Chicken or Popeyes for fast food chicken and chicken in general.

Carl's Jr. has a pretty good fast food burger.

Culver's has a remarkably good Reuben and is the only fast food place I know of with a Reuben on the menu.

Popeye's for fried chicken but ONLY the chicken. Their side orders are gross.

Other- Because In n Out Burger is probably my favorite fast food chain, I know not everyone has those where they live.

For non-chain fast food, I like food trucks, specifically Mexican food trucks. 5 bucks gets you a huge burrito with carne Asada, rice, beans, sour cream, hot sauce, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers. Nothing fried or overly greasy, I love it.

Myself I voted for other thinking of Panda Express as perhaps more healthy than burgers and fries. Then I knew somebody would go google to see how healthy Panda's really was. So I decided to beat them to it.

Now that I have looked the calorie count and fat content I concede I was totally wrong. Forget the Kung Pao Chicken,Orange Chicken., and Bejing Beef. Perhaps just grab a iced tea and fortune cookie and call it a day. I quit.

Haha that's true. I was getting honey walnut shrimp, Beijing beef, chow main and fried rice. Might as well deep fry a pound of salt and top it with a pound of sugar.

Panda Express or Culver's.

In-n-out, easily the best fast food chain.

In n' Out by far. If Portillo's counts, it'd probably be my second choice.

It is not a brand, it is a kind of snackfood heaven we Dutch call (depending on where you are from) a frietkot, snackbar, friture, cafetaria.

The first ones started about 100 years ago, selling their frietjes and snackfoods (frietjes that is fries). But today almost every town has numerous of these snackbars/cafetaria. Some are really upscale but most are just neighborhood establishments. There are a few snackbar chains but most are mom and pop stores.

This is what a snackbar often looks like:

snackbar.jpg

some are bigger, some are smaller, some are really fancy as said but most are just very basic, not for dining out but for getting some snackfood at a reasonable price.

Most of what people will order looks like this, we call it "Friet met" (which stands for "fries with") and the with in this case is just mayo, but you can have loads of with, mustard, speciaal (special meaning mayo, curry and onions), curry, frietje oorlog (fries war, which is satay sauce with mayo on top) and many more. You can also have your choice of fries, most choose regular, others go for french fries (really thin fries) others go for flemish fries (which is bigger than regular in size) and some go for boerenfrieten (farmers fries which is a bit bigger fry with the potato skin still on).

friet_met_mayo_95ED3263386F0279C1257861004A725F_5.jpg

And with our fries we always have snacks (which is where the name snackbar comes from), these are snacks:

snacks.jpg

They come in all sizes, shapes, prizes, tastes and desires.

You come into a snackbar, name your products, usually fries with a snack and within about 6 minutes the stuff comes out of the fryers and you sit down to eat. A regular big fry with mayo will be about 2 dollars 50 and a frikandel (the most eaten snack) will be about 1 dollars 45. So for less than 4 dollars you can have a meal at a snackbar.

You can also go and pick it up so you can eat at home (loads of people do that) and a lot of snackbars will deliver at home. I live in a town with 100,000 people living there and we have about 32 snackbars. For about every 3,000 people roughly there is a snackbar.

Only youths, people who travel and people with children will usually eat at what are classified as fast food restaurants in the US (McD, KFC, Burger King) because most of us Dutch are cheap, there is no other way to describe it, we are cheap and we like a decent amount of food and most people do not think fast food joints give great value for money. So we go to snackbars, more choice, good prices and you can even get it to go (like the fries can not only be bought in a plastic container, you can also have it in a puntzak, aka pointy bag) so that you can walk and snack LOL.

zak patat.jpg

How about Five Guys Burgers and Fries?

Just look at the fat contest on the fries alone:

Five Guys Style

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 411g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 953 Calories from Fat 370
Total Fat 41g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 962mg
Total Carbohydrate 131g
Dietary Fiber 15g
Sugars 4g
Protein

I sort of evolved over time. The Whopper was my original favorite. When I moved to Texas it was the Barbecue on every corner. Brisket smoked over wood fire for 16 hours just destroys flame broiled hamburger. Every one was different but it was hard to find barbecue that wasn't good. It became a trade off between thousands of mom and pop Tex Mex or Barbecue. I was in Heaven for years until my doctor checked my cholesterol. All good things must end.

barbecue sandwich.jpg

Last edited:
Once upon a time, I liked fast food. But that was back when MacDonald's was still striving hard to count up to it's first "Million Sold."

Back then a thick, juicy beef-burger was still grilled on-site; you got a full slice of onion, several full leaves of lettuce, and the French fries were greasy-crisp and salty. Yuuuummmm.

I haven't found any fast-food chain in the last 25 years that isn't using fully processed and sweetened foods, crappy portions, and look nothing like the pictures you see posted.

That includes every chain listed on the poll. I could easily list all the problems with each, but I think most people old enough already know the difference. :thumbdown

You should actually try a McDonald's in France. It is quite different compared to the U.S

goat-cheese-mcdonalds-burger-france.jpg

mccafe-1.jpg

mccafe-2.jpg

mcdonalds-3-1.jpg

Why no poll option for Taco Bell? :lol:

Moe's Southwestern Grill, Starbuck's (though I don't generally classify that as being 'fast food,' per se), Wendy's, Captain D's, and Hardee's all rank pretty high up there for me. Any short-order hibachi place is a winner in my book as well, so long as the prices are reasonable.

Why no poll option for Taco Bell? :lol:

Moe's Southwestern Grill, Starbuck's (though I don't generally classify that as being 'fast food,' per se), Wendy's, Captain D's, and Hardee's all rank pretty high up there for me. Any short-order hibachi place is a winner in my book as well, so long as the prices are reasonable.

Taco Bell maybe the worst. Nothing in the food taste remotely close to Mexican Food!

Any time I eat Taco Bell I have a high probability of using the bathroom in the next hour or so.

Taco Bell maybe the worst. Nothing in the food taste remotely close to Mexican Food!

Any time I eat Taco Bell I have a high probability of using the bathroom in the next hour or so.

I probably eat it at least twice a week on my way to work, just because it's fast, convenient, and a healthier alternative to the greasy slop the burger joints sell. I've never had any digestive issues. :shrug:

I also don't exactly eat it for the "authenticity." lol

Why do foreign McDonald's always look like they have way better food than in America? They have videos that show McDonald's food around the world and they all look better than our mcd's.

I probably eat it two or three days a week on my way to work, just because it's fast, convenient, and a healthier alternative to the burger joints. I've never had any issues. :shrug:

I don't exactly eat it for the "authenticity." lol

Some of the menu items are just too exotic. The tacos made out of Doritos?

Not horrible when its midnight and your options are limited.

Why do foreign McDonald's always look like they have way better food than in America? They have videos that show McDonald's food around the world and they all look better than our mcd's.

I've eaten at McD's in Paris, France, and Germany before. I wasn't impressed.

Has anyone tried the #obesity Munchy Meals from Jack n The Box? It's a huge cheeseburger, 2 deep fried tacos, curly fries, regular fries, and a drink.
Maybe we could do a worst fast food thread, Jack n the Boxes whole menu would apply.

Some of the menu items are just too exotic. The tacos made out of Doritos?

Not horrible when its midnight and your options are limited.

I usually stick with the XXL Grilled Stuft Steak Burrito myself.

tacobell_xxl_grilled_stuft_burrito_02.JPG

It might not look like much, but it's actually pretty damn nutritious. 40 grams of protein, and most of the same ingredients you'd get at someplace like Chipotle, with only around 800 calories.

Beyond that, I really don't branch out much beyond soft tacos with sour cream. I also don't dump the hot sauce that comes in those little packets all over everything.

That might explain my apparent lack of digestive distress. :lamo

I usually stick with the XXL Grilled Stuft Steak Burrito myself.

tacobell_xxl_grilled_stuft_burrito_02.JPG

It might not look like much, but it's actually pretty damn nutritious. 40 grams of protein, and most of the same ingredients you'd get at someplace like Chipotle, with only around 800 calories.

Beyond that, I really don't branch out much beyond soft tacos with sour cream. I also don't dump the hot sauce that comes in those little packets all over everything.

That might explain my apparent lack of digestive distress. :lamo

Tastes pretty damn good too. They've had those on the menu for years, they fill you up without making you feel like you need a 2 hour nap.
Best thing on taco bells menu imo.

Burger King's Chicken sandwich is my go-to thing for fast food now. I gave up on the hamburgers just as you did.

When I lived in Tujunga, CA we had a friend of the family whose kid could not eat meat, but the doctor said it was OK to eat McDonald's because there was not enough meat in them to cause any damage.

It is not a brand, it is a kind of snackfood heaven we Dutch call (depending on where you are from) a frietkot, snackbar, friture, cafetaria.

The first ones started about 100 years ago, selling their frietjes and snackfoods (frietjes that is fries). But today almost every town has numerous of these snackbars/cafetaria. Some are really upscale but most are just neighborhood establishments. There are a few snackbar chains but most are mom and pop stores.

This is what a snackbar often looks like:

View attachment 67199208

some are bigger, some are smaller, some are really fancy as said but most are just very basic, not for dining out but for getting some snackfood at a reasonable price.

Most of what people will order looks like this, we call it "Friet met" (which stands for "fries with") and the with in this case is just mayo, but you can have loads of with, mustard, speciaal (special meaning mayo, curry and onions), curry, frietje oorlog (fries war, which is satay sauce with mayo on top) and many more. You can also have your choice of fries, most choose regular, others go for french fries (really thin fries) others go for flemish fries (which is bigger than regular in size) and some go for boerenfrieten (farmers fries which is a bit bigger fry with the potato skin still on).

View attachment 67199207

And with our fries we always have snacks (which is where the name snackbar comes from), these are snacks:

View attachment 67199210

They come in all sizes, shapes, prizes, tastes and desires.

You come into a snackbar, name your products, usually fries with a snack and within about 6 minutes the stuff comes out of the fryers and you sit down to eat. A regular big fry with mayo will be about 2 dollars 50 and a frikandel (the most eaten snack) will be about 1 dollars 45. So for less than 4 dollars you can have a meal at a snackbar.

You can also go and pick it up so you can eat at home (loads of people do that) and a lot of snackbars will deliver at home. I live in a town with 100,000 people living there and we have about 32 snackbars. For about every 3,000 people roughly there is a snackbar.

Only youths, people who travel and people with children will usually eat at what are classified as fast food restaurants in the US (McD, KFC, Burger King) because most of us Dutch are cheap, there is no other way to describe it, we are cheap and we like a decent amount of food and most people do not think fast food joints give great value for money. So we go to snackbars, more choice, good prices and you can even get it to go (like the fries can not only be bought in a plastic container, you can also have it in a puntzak, aka pointy bag) so that you can walk and snack LOL.

View attachment 67199212

That is awesome. When I was in France, I learned to LOVE mayo with my fries. The Brits pour vinegar on theirs and I did not care for that much.

Once in Florida two heath nuts saw me dipping my fries in mayo and they said I might as well clamp a pair of vice grips on my arteries.

Back
Top Bottom