• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you Smoke?

do you smoke ?

• l never want to quit it because l am stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
mine is called " interference" :lol: ,my lord
As you say, my lady. Auto-correct is a frightful and troublesome thing. Now, if it please you, I shal take my leave.

/bow

You mean you automatically don't respect people based exclusively on their consumption of a legal product? That seems pretty shallow

Just because it's a legal product doesn't mean it's a safe or useful product. It's legal to beat yourself over the head with a hammer too, I don't respect people who do stupid things like that either.

Never have.
Have no plans to ever start.

Various friends have or do, so I have some idea what it's about.

A co-worker uses one of those water vapor inhaler things.

I also don't think we should heavily judge smokers either. People have all kinds of bad habbits but it is still their choice to do it. Many started smoking due to peer pressure or the fact that it was always a family thing and everyone just smoked. It's an addiction and it is very hard to quit, very very very hard. I wouldn't disrespect anyone for being a smoker. Yes, it's bad for health and I see people on a daily basis suffering from self inflicted diseases due to their smoking. However, if someone wants to smoke and doesn't have any desire to quit they should own up to the risks and also be prepared to carry their own burden when their smoking results in disease. Overall it is unhealthy and is harmful, but so are many other things.

I smoke cigars three or four times a year at special events, I smoke tobacco pipe on occasion for stress relief. Never did smoke cigarettes, can't stand the smell of cigarettes.

We should hit up a smoke or hookah lounge up.

I also don't think we should heavily judge smokers either. People have all kinds of bad habbits but it is still their choice to do it. Many started smoking due to peer pressure or the fact that it was always a family thing and everyone just smoked. It's an addiction and it is very hard to quit, very very very hard. I wouldn't disrespect anyone for being a smoker. Yes, it's bad for health and I see people on a daily basis suffering from self inflicted diseases due to their smoking. However, if someone wants to smoke and doesn't have any desire to quit they should own up to the risks and also be prepared to carry their own burden when their smoking results in disease. Overall it is unhealthy and is harmful, but so are many other things.

That is so true. I am a former smoker, and although so many ex-smokers take a really judgemental and intolerant view toward smokers, once they have quit, it doesn't bother me at all to be around it. It's a habit just like so many other things are, and it's certainly not a moral issue.

You mean you automatically don't respect people based exclusively on their consumption of a legal product? That seems pretty shallow

Not shallow at all.

It is a sign of their intelligence.

Thank you for proving my point.

Not shallow at all.

It is a sign of their intelligence.

No, it's really not. You seem to be suffering a classic case of narcissism....

Smoked heavily for 13 years. The first 24hrs after quitting were a little difficult, but after that there was nothing.

Piece of piss.

No, it's really not. You seem to be suffering a classic case of narcissism....

Not at all. Everybody knows exactly what the cigs will do to them when they pick up that first one. Everybody.

If you decide to kill yourself slowly and in the worst possibly way, don't expect me to think that is a Smart decisión from a Smart person.

I don't smoke, and never have. I tried my granddad's cigar when I was about 4 and that was enough for me.

Not at all. Everybody knows exactly what the cigs will do to them when they pick up that first one. Everybody.

If you decide to kill yourself slowly and in the worst possibly way, don't expect me to think that is a Smart decisión from a Smart person.

I can point to at least 30 different types of foods and other consumer products that can cause health problems if used as well. Hardly a convincing case....

I can point to at least 30 different types of foods and other consumer products that can cause health problems if used as well. Hardly a convincing case....

Sure, show me somebody that eats 30 doughnuts every day for 30 years. Is that the kind pf product you were talking about?

Sure, show me somebody that eats 30 doughnuts every day for 30 years. Is that the kind pf product you were talking about?

Obesity will kill you quicker then cigarettes,,,,,,

Yeah and cheeseburgers, and milkshakes, to earbuds (cause deafness) to alcy- hol which causes health issues in addition to loss of judgement. Maybe you can argue moderation lowers risk, but someone who smokes say only 3 cigarettes a day could be said to be moderating. So simply claiming the mere use of cigarettes shows lack of intelligence because it's bad for you, holds little water as an argument, at least to me.

I have been a smoker since about 14.....tried to quit several times and failed.

It will probably kill me.

smoking.jpg

There really needs to be a different kind of button to show one's support for another's hardships.

Cigarettes: I smoked for a year or two when I was a teenager but stuck to my vow that if they ever got to be over a dollar/pack I was quitting.

And rarely I'll have a cigar. Maybe once or twice a year. But never in the house.

Got hooked on crack cocaine for a couple years back around '96 - '97. Gee, wasn't that fun. My oldest kid was about 12 at the time and she started getting suspicious. She knew something was wrong with daddy. When I realized that I was spending more time with my crackpipe than my kids I quit cold turkey. It wasn't fair to them. Even a good dad can go astray once in a while. It was probably the most expensive mistake I've ever made.

Marijuana: Occasionally. A couple months ago I took a couple tokes. Then once back in December. And then a few years before that I had a few tokes. It's funny though, sometimes people will see the super long hair and automatically assume I'm a stoner.

There's very little as pleasant as a good cigar except a good cigar with good company. I have been smoking cigars since I was 20, and I am not inclined to stop. Its one of my many vices I indulge on occasion. If it shortens my life a couple of years so be it. I intend to be thoroughly used up when I get finished with this world.

I quit 16 years ago, when I ended up in the Emergency Room because my lungs were shutting down. The damage is permanent, and if I tried to light up now I'd probably turn grey and die within minutes. I turned to nicotine gum, because my doctor said it wasn't the nicotine that would kill me, it was the rest of the stuff poisoning my lungs.

Well, I'm still addicted to the damned gum... but to those of you who really want to quit and just can't do it, I strongly recommend the gum, at least on a short-term basis. Any time you are sucking vapors/smoke into your lungs, you are damaging them to some extent or another. Ask a firefighter. Most people can eventually make the switch from nicotine gum to regular gum, and eventually cut out the gum altogether.

I've heard some frightening things about E-cigs, the main thing being that since the "oils" used are not regulated, you really have no idea what you are putting in your lungs... so be wary, and be careful if you go that route.

Actually, that's not true. Everyone in my family smoked, everyone I knew smoked, hell my father got cigs free from the army during WW2 and Korea. Back then, just about everyone smoked and tobacco products were hawked on every billboard and tv program of the day. These people had no clue how dangerous cigarettes were. Many decades later, when I was a teen I also smoked... as did just about everyone I knew. By the time cig packs started carrying warnings and surgeon generals were issuing reports about exactly what cigarette smoke did to a person's lungs, I had been hooked for two decades.

So no, not everyone who smokes or smoked knew what cigarettes would do to them.

Back
Top Bottom