• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you Smoke?

do you smoke ?

• l never want to quit it because l am stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
l had quitted smoking nearly 3 4 years ago but l began to absorb this posion a few months ago because of stress.l am known for being a strong willed person but l lost it..l promised myself to get rid of the enemy soon.

l know you should really want to quit it if you want to quit.no other thing helps you
I'm a big fan of the "I never want to quit because I'm stupid" option lol. Classic.

I wish you luck quitting ...again.

Next time you're stressed, take a long walk. :)

l am planning to swim a few weeks later

I'm a social smoker. I'll occasionally smoke while I'm out drinking, or in uniform, but I've never made a habit out of it.

To be honest, I don't even like smoking. It tastes bad, and makes me sort of light headed and nauseous if I over indulge (and not in a fun way like alcohol does either :lol:)

I started smoking cigarettes when I was about 19. I smoked 50 a day, sometimes more. One day I studied the cigarette in my hand, told myself I was a bloody idiot, put it out and never had another one. That was in February, 1987...27 years without a smoke. I just stopped. I chewed on lollies for two weeks :) I have never smoked marijuana, never needed to.

I'm a social smoker. I'll occasionally smoke while I'm out drinking, or in uniform, but I've never made a habit out of it.

To be honest, I don't even like smoking. It tastes bad, and makes me sort of light headed and nauseous if I over indulge (and not in a fun way like alcohol does either :lol:)

you dont like it you are not addicted but you smoke

you need therapy man :lol:

I have been a smoker since about 14.....tried to quit several times and failed.

It will probably kill me.

Get yourself an e-cig before it is too late. Nicotine is a bitch to quit. Quitting tobacco is easy, it is not what your brain wants.

Never have, never will smoke. Always seen it as one of those things that I absolutely did not want to experience.

I did shock my father when he found out my husband-to-be (when he met him) was a smoker. I spent a good portion of my teenage years telling my father he needed to quit (he still smokes with a pace maker and after several heart attacks, and he smokes more in a day than my husband does in three or four). I would love for my husband to quit, but I'm happy he now has an e-cigarette at least, which cuts down on his smoking.

Never have, never will.

I don't like the second-to-last option. It reeks of shaming people into quitting. Geez, it's not as if they need any more obstacles...

Smoke?
Now we're entering the annoying era of having to clarify: tobacco or marijuana.

Tobacco - I quit cigarettes years ago, officially, but every now and then skip off and have a stick. I bought a pack five years ago and haven't gone through it yet so I don't enjoy it often.

Marijuana - nope. I did when I was a teen a few times and then discovered I do not like being disoriented, mentally. The experience was unpleasant at best. Soon after I learned that I was anemic so I was already functioning a little off kilter for that.

Smoke?
Now we're entering the annoying era of having to clarify: tobacco or marijuana.

Tobacco - I quit cigarettes years ago, officially, but every now and then skip off and have a stick. I bought a pack five years ago and haven't gone through it yet so I don't enjoy it often.

Marijuana - nope. I did when I was a teen a few times and then discovered I do not like being disoriented, mentally. The experience was unpleasant at best. Soon after I learned that I was anemic so I was already functioning a little off kilter for that.

I have actually never tried Marijuana. I really don't have any intention of ever trying it either.

The stuff frankly stinks, and I don't tend to enjoy the company of people who regularly indulge in it anyway. It simply doesn't seem like an appealing activity to me.

I haven't smoked in 28 years. Loved it when I did, but I knew it was hurting me, or would eventually kill me. It hurt quitting, won't lie, but I really believe the consequences would have been much more hurtful.

My mother died of lung cancer. One never forgets seeing someone die that way. She'd been a smoker for 40 years and had actually quit 3 years prior. She died about 8 months after she found out. I wished it had been 8 minutes after she found out..for all the suffering she went through.

I haven't smoked in 28 years. Loved it when I did, but I knew it was hurting me, or would eventually kill me. It hurt quitting, won't lie, but I really believe the consequences would have been much more hurtful.

My mother died of lung cancer. One never forgets seeing someone die that way. She'd been a smoker for 40 years and had actually quit 3 years prior. She died about 8 months after she found out. I wished it had been 8 minutes after she found out..for all the suffering she went through.
so did my uncle .he used to smoke 4 5 packs a day l think.l still cant believe he isnt here

I smoked cigarettes for over thirty years and I gave myself the birthday gift of quitting on my fiftieth birthday.
There isn't any aspect of my life that did not improve after quitting.
Give yourself the gift of quitting...
You will thank yourself.

Never have, never will, have zero respect for those that do.

I smoke Hookah and Cigars.

I smoke cigars three or four times a year at special events, I smoke tobacco pipe on occasion for stress relief. Never did smoke cigarettes, can't stand the smell of cigarettes.

Never have, never will, have zero respect for those that do.

You mean you automatically don't respect people based exclusively on their consumption of a legal product? That seems pretty shallow

I've tried things like cigars and a cigarette, but I never "smoked." I can count on my hand the number of tobacco containing products I've used over the course of my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom