• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats should fear lawfare tactics

help yourself but if we want them back and you don't fully cooperate on our schedule, then your house will be raided (only Trump's) and you will be in trouble.
Why do you purposefully ignore the fact the search warrant only happened AFTER he defied the legally executed. and politely served, subpoena? Why do you think defying a subpoena and then lying to the FBI ....all before the "raid" is OK? Trump demonstrated very clearly he has no intention of complying on any schedule!

Buddhist monks have also self-immolated themselves over the enslavement of Tibet
I'm aware. What does that have to do with the annihilation of the self?

You haven't self-immolated.

I think there are some words of wisdom in this short piece and I think it's very sad we've landed where we have.

"Former President Donald Trump is getting dragged through the courts via the “lawfare” charges manufactured against him — and seemingly millions of liberals and Democrats are ecstatic. Chaos, turmoil and pain such as this can feel exhilarating when it’s the other side’s ox being gored.

But what happens if, in but a few short months, it is their ox being gored? Or they themselves?"

"So here’s a crazy idea. Instead of creating a Frankenstein lawfare monster that will surely turn against them, why don’t the Democrats simply try to beat Trump fair and square at the ballot box? "

The Democrats aren’t worried about it happening to them because it won’t happen to them. The career officials in the DOJ, for example, aren’t going to leave office if Trump wins.

Trump and the right wing media have taught the GOP how to effectively use propaganda to brainwash a large percentage of voters
As we witness here. Many MAGAs actually seem to believe that this is lawfare. They're not just saying it to propagandize. They believe it.

Why do you purposefully ignore the fact the search warrant only happened AFTER he defied the legally executed. and politely served, subpoena? Why do you think defying a subpoena and then lying to the FBI ....all before the "raid" is OK? Trump demonstrated very clearly he has no intention of complying on any schedule!
I don't think anyone has oked any of that, but that wasn't the standard.

The simple having of classified docs, by unauthorized persons is , not 'how fast they return them'.

For anyone who thinks prosecuting Trump but not Biden is equal...I just laugh

Hillary was likely just dumb enough to believe except for the deletions (which should have been investigated further)

To give it a chance at not having a heavily biased jury. To give it some appearance of fairness.
There is no appearance of a biased jury. It all seems perfectly fair so far... except for all the breaks Trump is getting, I mean.

The Democrats have no reason to fear being dragged through a "lawfare" scenario. The process of lawfare is coordinated at the DoJ, a wholly Democrat entity
The DoJ is a Pub deepstate operation. We can all see that.

Exactly and there would be no good reason to not provide good "optics" if one was truly interested in fairness. By so resisting easily facilitated good/fair optics, true intentions were solidified as crystal clear.
The optics are perfectly fine, at least to all decent and patriotic Americans.

I don't think anyone has oked any of that, but that wasn't the standard.

The simple having of classified docs, by unauthorized persons is , not 'how fast they return them'.

For anyone who thinks prosecuting Trump but not Biden is equal...I just laugh

Hillary was likely just dumb enough to believe except for the deletions (which should have been investigated further)
None of the charges Trump is facing on the documents trial have anything to do with how fast he returned them.

Trump obstructed justice...and has been charged. Biden did not.

Trump refused to return National Defense documents in violation of the law. Trump was not charged with any other documents including top secret documents. Only the National Defense documents. Biden didn't have, much less refuse to return , National Defense documents.

They are not the same no matter how hard Trumpers try and make them be. Hur even outlined that in his report.

from the report.....

"It is not our role to assess the criminal charges pending against Mr. Trump, but several material
distinctions between Mr. Trump's case and Mr. Biden's are clear. Unlike the evidence
involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if
proven, would present serious aggravating facts.
Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified
documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According
to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but
he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about
it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and
the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations including his
homes, sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways cooperated with the
investigation.

None of the charges Trump is facing on the documents trial have anything to do with how fast he returned them.

Trump obstructed justice...and has been charged. Biden did not.

Trump refused to return National Defense documents in violation of the law. Trump was not charged with any other documents including top secret documents. Only the National Defense documents. Biden didn't have, much less refuse to return , National Defense documents.
Because he couldn't ... without also charging others ... That's kinda the point.
They are not the same no matter how hard Trumpers try and make them be. Hur even outlined that in his report.
I'm not really claiming the charges are the same. I am claiming that the charges were crafted to avoid them being the same, even though that is what started the entire thing.
from the report.....

"It is not our role to assess the criminal charges pending against Mr. Trump, but several material
distinctions between Mr. Trump's case and Mr. Biden's are clear. Unlike the evidence
involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if
proven, would present serious aggravating facts.
Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified
documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According
to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but
he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about
it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and
the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations including his
homes, sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways cooperated with the
investigation.

Anything related to the border is an official act under office. What's the pay for play scheme? Why arent they impeaching him on that now?
Official acts don't matter anymore.

I'm not really claiming the charges are the same. I am claiming that the charges were crafted to avoid them being the same, even though that is what started the entire thing.
Believe what you will. I can't compete with Fox. However, I will go with the official charging documents and the Hur report. I'm of the opinion that had Trump returned them there would have been no charges. However, he chose to defy the law and lie to the FBI. Nobody else did that. I also notice you and others conveniently leave Pence out of the equation.

Believe what you will. I can't compete with Fox. However, I will go with the official charging documents and the Hur report. I'm of the opinion that had Trump returned them there would have been no charges. However, he chose to defy the law and lie to the FBI. Nobody else did that. I also notice you and others conveniently leave Pence out of the equation.
If Pence did the same, he should face the same consequences.

There?

Honestly they probably should be. Now the new normal is to dig through everything in order to politically assassinate people on the other side.

If it can be found, it will, and even the most normal mundane person has something that can be turned to paint them badly.
Meh. This is not new. Where were you during the Obama administration?

Bizarre.

Tell me, why is it you Trump lovers/Biden haters never have any actual evidence of the myriad of things you claim to be "obvious?"

Do you appreciate what seems "obvious" to conspiracy theorists is not obvious to the rest of the rationale world?
Why do inane leftists always claim there is no evidence when evidence has been show a bazillion times?

You might want to look at how many of the legislature and executive branch enter office not millionaires and yet become millionaires while in office.
Calls to question if they are in service to their country or in service to themselves.
I'd be happy to look at your data. Be sure to back out the equity from the primary residence.

She is unlikely to reply to this.

Should be and have they been or are they - are very different things. "Should be" sounds great and fair. Has "should be" equal prosecution been applied? Fair and equal treatment is an entirely different topic and that's where the mess exists.
If the overt criminal actions of Trump bring a limelight to the general corruption and crimes of politicians and a new conviction to go after these guys and properly punish them for their crimes, then Trump's trials may prove overall beneficial beyond punishing just one criminal.

Liberals now going nvts because they're realizing that the very thing they despise about their opponents they promote themselves when it's to their advantage.
What are you talking about? What thing?

Are you a liberal, going nuts?

If not, who are these liberals you mention?

I really do think that the legal system in the United States can be so absolutely corrupted that it's available to politicians to use against their political opponents.
That can be said for every country, but the US is fairly solid. We require evidence, as studied by a jury.

Crooks are more likely to get away than to be pursued wrongfully. The system ensures that.

2x now I gave you the reason for an alternate venue. it's because the jury pool is STATISTICALLY heavily biased for Dems
All juries are statistically biased in some way or another.
Trump is a former president running for POTUS = impossible to divorce politics from the trials
Not for those of us who have annihilated our selves.

Back
Top Bottom