• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Ignores Democrat Arrest[W:77]

A nobody state senator gets caught up in something bad; every other news outlet EXCEPT CNN is reporting it; CNN is "an official depository of the DNC." The mind of the bias freaks just astounds me.

CNN is blisteringly incompetent. There is literally NO partisan reason for them not to pick up the story. They're just stupid.

I swear to god, every time a Democrat gets arrested you guys want it the top headline. Well, guess what? Republicans get arrested too.

Which Republicans were arrested yesterday?

CNN wasn't the only news source that didn't say a peep about this Democrat. Politico didn't either.

The world of political news was captivated by Thursday’s report of the arrest for gun trafficking of a famously anti-gun California state senator. Yet while most other news outlets reported the incident, Politico, an outlet that supposedly leads the nation in political news, didn't post a single story on the incident the day the news broke.

This is the same Politico that managed to publish 90 separate stories on the Herman Cain sexual harassment scandal when it broke – within six days.

Politico Buries Senator Leland Yee's Arms Trafficking Scandal

A nobody state senator gets caught up in something bad; every other news outlet EXCEPT CNN is reporting it; CNN is "an official depository of the DNC." The mind of the bias freaks just astounds me.

CNN is blisteringly incompetent. There is literally NO partisan reason for them not to pick up the story. They're just stupid.

I swear to god, every time a Democrat gets arrested you guys want it the top headline. Well, guess what? Republicans get arrested too.

Hey Kobie, I don't know if you have been paying attention to CNN the last couple of weeks or not but you should know that the only way a Democrat will get mentioned on CNN, (or a Republican for that matter,) good or bad, is if they were on that missing plane. CNN can't seem to get away from that topic.

24/7, CNN goes over and over all this missing plane misinformation and try to make news out of, "no news." I don't think this particular issue of dirty democrats is "partisan," per se, as you make it out to be but I can understand why you might think that if you have not been watching.

It matters not if there is a D or an R beside some politician's name. They are corrupt by nature. In heavily democrat areas, you should expect to see more democrat scumbags. In Republican strongholds, you should see more R's getting cuffed and stuffed.

You see, in my humble opinion, politician's are human turds that have cockroaches in their hair. The only difference between them is, one decides to act cool and all progressive to get the liberal side of our dumb-ass, mislead and misinformed segment of our country to vote for them, while the other, gets a plastic looking hair-cut, wears a flag pin on his/her lapel, kisses babies and talks about God and John Wayne in order to get the conservative side of our dumb-ass, mislead and misinformed segment of our country to vote for them.

Look at all these ****bags that have been convicted of crimes on the state and local level.

List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out the national level.

List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know - every time that happens its on the front page of CNN. BTW Mr. Lee wasn't a nobody State Senator; he authored the majority of the gun control legislation in the State Senate last year and had just failed to win a bid to be Mayor of SF and was going to run for Secretary of the State. Add to that the man suggested he could get the undercover agent Hellfire missiles - from a radical Islamic group no less - naaa...nothing in that to write on.

Its a new day - I haven't clicked on cnn.com yet - maybe today?

I know - every time that happens its on the front page of CNN. BTW Mr. Lee wasn't a nobody State Senator; he authored the majority of the gun control legislation in the State Senate last year and had just failed to win a bid to be Mayor of SF and was going to run for Secretary of the State. Add to that the man suggested he could get the undercover agent Hellfire missiles - from a radical Islamic group no less - naaa...nothing in that to write on.

Its a new day - I haven't clicked on cnn.com yet - maybe today?

I just looked and No... Nothing about Yee, but I did find this on the front page of CNN.com

Steve Smith, Police Chief in Coon Rapids Minnesota, arrested.
Police chief busted on wrong end of prostitution sting - CNN.com Video

Coon Rapids Minnesota is a big enough story though eh? :wink3:

They still running that phenomenal national story about the small town chief of police hiring a call girl - a misdemeanor? Wow...no agenda there...ignore the Democrat trying to smuggle $2,500,000 worth of small arms into the country, his aid offering muder for hire, selling proclomations and all in the lovely peaceful city of San Francisco?

I just looked and No... Nothing about Yee, but I did find this on the front page of CNN.com

Steve Smith, Police Chief in Coon Rapids Minnesota, arrested.
Police chief busted on wrong end of prostitution sting - CNN.com Video

Coon Rapids Minnesota is a big enough story though eh? :wink3:

Nope, I try to read my news I don't watch much TV at all. If its not on their web site I probably wouldn't see it - which is why I pointed out cnn.com on line one of my post.

Listen, Maddow would get better ratings if she was on airport radar instead, so her reporting it is almost like no report at all. And, seems this is a very hard point to understand, she is on MSNBC, so it really doesn't answer the question in any way at all about CNN reporting it. So, it seems you will need a crowbar to get an honest answer.

I think the moderator did a nice job of steering this back on topic. Those trying to divert the cnn.com question kind of faded off -to which I'm glad. Maddow was just that kind of diversion - still cnn.com does not carry this story. It shows a bias to me. If its not bias then its incompetence. Which would cnn.com fans prefer it be - incompetence or bias. Even yahoo.com/news had it. Even though they spun it as an Asian underground mob thing and only tickled with the Democratic State Senator.

Listen, Maddow would get better ratings if she was on airport radar instead, so her reporting it is almost like no report at all. And, seems this is a very hard point to understand, she is on MSNBC, so it really doesn't answer the question in any way at all about CNN reporting it. So, it seems you will need a crowbar to get an honest answer.

Breaking News.....CNN.com update....

cnn.com/justice a section just for crime and law issues,
cnn.com/justice/west just for issues on the Pacific Coast

West

PD: Man stole beer 54X in 9 mo. KPHO
Shot K-9 gets more surgery KTLA
PD: Bones found in backyard KSL
SWAT detains 18 in WA KPTV
PD: Lady attacks likely robber KSWB
Politician gets death threat KXLY
Jeffs testifies in FLDS trial KSTU

YEAH STILL NO REPORT OF THIS CRIME, ARREST, ETC.

I just searched CNN.com for "Leeland Yee", using "All CNN stories" and asked that they be sorted by date.

Look what the most recent story they have on Leeland Yee is:

Shark fin soup one step closer to being banned in California (updated Tue September 6, 2011)

A Chinese delicacy moved closer to extinction Tuesday in California as the state Senate passed a bill banning the sale of shark fins. The Senate voted 25 to 9 to ban the possession, sale or trade of the key ingredient in shark fin soup. The bill will...

Shark fin soup one step closer to being banned in California – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

In a nutshell... what was her position on the topics?

Thanks and good day to ya' Nim

Thom Paine

She was actually pretty hard on them, and CA Democrats in general, coming very close to accusing them of systemic, statewide corruption.

I just searched CNN.com for "Leeland Yee",
using "All CNN stories" and asked that they be sorted by date.

Look what the most recent story they have on Leeland Yee is:

Shark fin soup one step closer to being banned in California (updated Tue September 6, 2011)

A Chinese delicacy moved closer to extinction Tuesday in California as the state Senate passed a bill banning the sale of shark fins. The Senate voted 25 to 9 to ban the possession, sale or trade of the key ingredient in shark fin soup. The bill will...

Shark fin soup one step closer to being banned in California – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

I understand POLITICO didn't have the hard drive space for Mister Yee either.

They were too busy reporting on such important topics as "A president, a pope and a black cat" and my personal favorite, "The parable of the Mashed Potato Police"

They were too busy reporting on such important topics as "A president, a pope and a black cat" and my personal favorite, "The parable of the Mashed Potato Police"

I'm surprised they haven't used the old trick of either not mentioning what party he's from or the best one, just putting -rep after his name.

Hey Kobie, I don't know if you have been paying attention to CNN the last couple of weeks or not but you should know that the only way a Democrat will get mentioned on CNN, (or a Republican for that matter,) good or bad, is if they were on that missing plane. CNN can't seem to get away from that topic.

24/7, CNN goes over and over all this missing plane misinformation and try to make news out of, "no news." I don't think this particular issue of dirty democrats is "partisan," per se, as you make it out to be but I can understand why you might think that if you have not been watching.

Well that's definitely true from what I've gathered; I tend not to watch much CNN anyway. However, there is other stuff on the website, which seems to be Calgun's complaint.

I don't prod around there, but that is kind of amazing actually considering the political nature of this story:

1) Selling his public trust for donations - directly! Yeah I know they all do it indirectly but directly is a felony - 20 years a pop felony :)
2) Conspiring to provide murder for hire,
3) Conspiring to move firearms up to $2,500,000 worth including but not limited to Hellfire Missiles and Fully Automatic Rifles
all from a State Senator that was the most anti gun zealot in the state - and that's a hard title to get - and he got it!

It is SHAMEFUL of any media outlet to ignore this story and illustrates their agenda in the realm of reporting.

I'm only complaining about cnn.com right now - what other stuff is on their web site for every look I give it - nothing on this story - not under justice, not under politics, - NOTHING.

Well that's definitely true from what I've gathered; I tend not to watch much CNN anyway. However, there is other stuff on the website, which seems to be Calgun's complaint.

California State Senator Freed From Jail on Bond - ABC News

Since the California State Senator was arrested yesterday I've been checking CNN.com to see their take on the story. Senator Lee is the third Democratic State Senator arrested in the last year. But this one is even more intriguing since the champion of GUN CONTROL in the State Legislature was arrested for trying to arrange the trafficking of guns with a convicted felon / mobster / illegal immigrant. That person, Chow, was even given an accommodation by Diane Feinstein in 2012 and the mayor of San Francisco at the same time. So where is the story CNN? Why can't they run it? Why won't they run it?

I see the front page of CNN.com has, for 24 hours, been running the story of a small town police chief in Minnesota being arrested for hiring a hooker, but we ignore gun control advocates arrested for felony gun running? Wow...talk about bias.

Someone doesn't know how to use a search engine: Senator Leland Yee Charged in Gun Trafficking Scandal - CNN iReport

Poor nimby, still not reading or comprehending? I'm sorry - my post was about CNN not MSNBC.
Well, since MSNBC is off the charts to the left of CNN, I would think the fact that MSNBC heavily covered it would be important.I think that was Nimby's point - but I think you know this.

Frankly, CNN seems more National/international of late- probably due to the preoccupation with the Malaysian airliner and Obamacare deadline.

I never denied nimmers point, but he would never address cnn.com's consistent - and continued - failure to report. Hence cnn.com is following an opinion oriented agenda and can't be relied upon to be a news source.

Well, since MSNBC is off the charts to the left of CNN, I would think the fact that MSNBC heavily covered it would be important.I think that was Nimby's point - but I think you know this.

Frankly, CNN seems more National/international of late- probably due to the preoccupation with the Malaysian airliner and Obamacare deadline.

LOL I'm sorry that's just funny to me.

1) You have to search for it,
2) It wasn't provided by cnn.com its provided "on" cnn.com (ireport) by someone not even affiliated with the news department; how can you defend thier lack of journalistic integrity? Its not on the crime/justic web page, not on the political web page, nor of course their home page - where it belongs.

no I am pointing out that the story exists on the website.....so you were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom