• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Ignores Democrat Arrest[W:77] (1 Viewer)

So you are saying cnn.com is an opinion network? Ok, I can live with that-this is what I'm asking.

CA is 10% of the nation, but Minnesota where a small town police chief was arrested for hiring a hooker has been on cnn.com for 24 hours now - how should that be news outside Minnesota - or even the small town?

We just had a legislator who was arrested for carrying weapons in another state. I'm trying to find the story, but I can't. It may not have been weapons, but that was barely news here. This was a Republican, pro-gun...but it's not all over the news. Not even Fox. Should we talk about the entire media ignoring it?

Moderator's Warning:
Further baiting and attacks will result in a gig + thread ban. Discuss the OP only. If you want to attack each other, this is not the proper part of the forum to do it.

You told me to stop the lying.
Now you're saying that isn't calling a person a liar.
I rest my case .

I said you lied, which you did... I didn't call you a liar

I do appreciate the link CalGun gave in his OP to the Dem pol who was released from jail
I said you lied, which you did... I didn't call you a liar

Fascinating thread.

What I'm getting out of this is that if Rachel Maddow speaks she does so for all news outlets with a liberal bias.

It is a little different don't you think? A legislator illegally carrying a gun is news but a legislator trafficking guns from Russia and the Phillipines in the 2.5 million dollar range with the help of an associate with mob ties and an accomodation from a US Senator in 2012 is a tad bigger deal - no?

We just had a legislator who was arrested for carrying weapons in another state. I'm trying to find the story, but I can't. It may not have been weapons, but that was barely news here. This was a Republican, pro-gun...but it's not all over the news. Not even Fox. Should we talk about the entire media ignoring it?

Poor calgun, all he wants to do is complain about CNN not carrying a certain story.
Yet a more partisan network, MSNBC and Maddow, carried it last night and still he whines .

If you don't want to discuss the thread topic, then don't join in.

Unless the California Senator was on the Malaysian airplane that disappeared, CNN wouldn't be interested these days.

That is true CJ, I usually watch CNN, but it has been that dang plane and nothing but that dang plane. For CNN, there is nothing else happening in the world.

Yeah what's up with that one? They have the plane all over cnn.com right now - still nothing about a CA State Senator wanting to traffic in hellfire missiles - oh yeah that was in the 137 page indictment too apparently. Funny thing is he even told the undercover agent not too mention hellfire missiles because the FBI might pick up on that and shut them down - you can't make this stuff up - too bad the nation isn't reading about it on cnn.com - I'm really disturbed at their news selection \ bias.

That is true CJ, I usually watch CNN, but it has been that dang plane and nothing but that dang plane. For CNN, there is nothing else happening in the world.

Well? Leland Yee - no he's Chinese I think not Malaysian but thanks for making me laugh. Still wouldn't you think and undercover sting with a mobster called "Shrimp Boy" would be newsworthy for their web site?

Unless the California Senator was on the Malaysian airplane that disappeared, CNN wouldn't be interested these days.

Yeah what's up with that one? They have the plane all over cnn.com right now - still nothing about a CA State Senator wanting to traffic in hellfire missiles - oh yeah that was in the 137 page indictment too apparently. Funny thing is he even told the undercover agent not too mention hellfire missiles because the FBI might pick up on that and shut them down - you can't make this stuff up - too bad the nation isn't reading about it on cnn.com - I'm really disturbed at their news selection \ bias.

Heck, they haven't had anything about the Ukraine for that matter. At least while I had it one. CNN has been a total one subject network for the last week or two. So be it.

The very people who complain about 1st amendment rights for some corporations
are willing to go after the 1st amendment rights of cnn.

Even Chuck Todd whined about cnn and the Malaysian flight.
Yet when MSNBC joined in with new details, they were ametuerish .

CNN can't seem to get up off the missing airplane story long enough to pay attention to anything else. I quit watching them.

Normally when people criticize CNN for not reporting something, I'll say "It's because this story is so ****ing insignificant and it would only be reported by Fox and all those little angsty conservative news websites. This is an exception though. Come on CNN.

Oh please. I'm not complaining about their first amendment right. My complaint is simple. They are ignoring a story. It is their right to do that and my right to complain about it. CNN.com claims they are not opinion oriented like MSNBC and FOX and they are failing at making that claim; their unwilingness to publis this story is just evidence of thier left wing bias in favor of gun control advocates and democrats.

The very people who complain about 1st amendment rights for some corporations
are willing to go after the 1st amendment rights of cnn.

Even Chuck Todd whined about cnn and the Malaysian flight.
Yet when MSNBC joined in with new details, they were ametuerish .

Thank you. I think they will come around - just wonder when. That 137 page indictment is like an episode of 24 or a big movie; they can't ignore it forever.

Normally when people criticize CNN for not reporting something, I'll say "It's because this story is so ****ing insignificant and it would only be reported by Fox and all those little angsty conservative news websites. This is an exception though. Come on CNN.

Their unwillingness to publish your story is just that.
It has nothing to do with left wing bias on gun control.

If anything, I'm more disappointed with Dems breaking the law, and believe the story SHOULD be out there for that reason alone.
You gun passionists make it difficult for Dems like me who are good on guns to support you .
Oh please. I'm not complaining about their first amendment right. My complaint is simple. They are ignoring a story. It is their right to do that and my right to complain about it. CNN.com claims they are not opinion oriented like MSNBC and FOX and they are failing at making that claim; their unwilingness to publis this story is just evidence of thier left wing bias in favor of gun control advocates and democrats.

28 hrs later

CNN.com. No mention
CNN.com/politics. No mention
CNN.com/justice. No mention

That is pathetic. Didn't they just put a former MSNBC leader in charge of their "news."

Keith Jackson, former S.F. education official, accused in murder-for-hire scheme - SFGate

So in part thanks to CNN.com a lot of people won't learn about this case. How it includes the former president of public schools in SF in a murder for hire scheme. How the CA State a Senator partnered with a former mobster who was given public commendations by the Mayor of SF and United States Senator Diane Feinstein herself a rabid anti gun zealot, and how this mobster is an illegal alien to boot!

So again is cnn.com now an official depository of the DNC?

Well? Leland Yee - no he's Chinese I think not Malaysian but thanks for making me laugh. Still wouldn't you think and undercover sting with a mobster called "Shrimp Boy" would be newsworthy for their web site?

You'd think so, since CNN was quite interested in the crack smoking Conservative Mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford. But then, there was no disappearing plane to speculate about 24/7 at that time.

The lesson Democrats have learned, I guess, is that you commit or disclose your malfeasance when something more important is going on.

Nim...did you read buddy? I don't watch TV, I click on web sites for my news, cnn is suppose to be mainstream isn't it? Isn't that what you radical leftist always say - CNN is non partisan and mainstream? So lets stay on topic buddy - tell me why doesn't CNN run with this but keeps a police chief hiring a hooker on top?

Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Keith Jackson, former S.F. education official, accused in murder-for-hire scheme - SFGate

So in part thanks to CNN.com a lot of people won't learn about this case. How it includes the former president of public schools in SF in a murder for hire scheme. How the CA State a Senator partnered with a former mobster who was given public commendations by the Mayor of SF and United States Senator Diane Feinstein herself a rabid anti gun zealot, and how this mobster is an illegal alien to boot!

So again is cnn.com now an official depository of the DNC?

A nobody state senator gets caught up in something bad; every other news outlet EXCEPT CNN is reporting it; CNN is "an official depository of the DNC." The mind of the bias freaks just astounds me.

CNN is blisteringly incompetent. There is literally NO partisan reason for them not to pick up the story. They're just stupid.

I swear to god, every time a Democrat gets arrested you guys want it the top headline. Well, guess what? Republicans get arrested too.

You have no basis to claim it's "unwillingness." You're not in their newsroom.

99.9% percent of the "bias" shrieks from the usual conservative harpies are based entirely on assumptions.

I see the letters "CNN" in the subject line of this thread, and when I open the thread, all I see are multiple posts from Nimby about Rachel Maddow.

Did I miss the announcement that Rachel Maddow has been hired by CNN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom