• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cliven Bundy, 4 others, face federal indictment in Nevada

I think Bundy is being charged with conspiracy to commit assault on a law enforcement officer... because he's supposedly a ring leader, and someone in the ring pointed a gun.

if they charge him with assault, he'll walk on that charge.... depending on the arguments, he might get convicted of conspiracy, though
There are pictures of Bundy snipers on a freeway overpass training their guns on law enforcement. The evidence speaks for itself. They were recruited by Bundy.

"...A 32-page criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas accuses Bundy of leading more than 200 self-styled militia supporters into the April 2014 confrontation that had snipers with military-style weapons on a freeway overpass training their sights on federal agents who were attempting to enforce a court order to round up Bundy cattle.

"Bundy and his confederates recruited, organized and led hundreds of others in using armed force against law enforcement officers in order to achieve their criminal objectives," the charging document said...."

Charges against Cliven Bundy stem from April 2014 standoff - Las Vegas Sun News

There's also a video of Ammon Bundy aggressively confronting a LEO and kicking his police dog before getting tased. So that might be the assault charge.

There are pictures of Bundy snipers on a freeway overpass training their guns on law enforcement. The evidence speaks for itself. They were recruited by Bundy.

"...A 32-page criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas accuses Bundy of leading more than 200 self-styled militia supporters into the April 2014 confrontation that had snipers with military-style weapons on a freeway overpass training their sights on federal agents who were attempting to enforce a court order to round up Bundy cattle.

"Bundy and his confederates recruited, organized and led hundreds of others in using armed force against law enforcement officers in order to achieve their criminal objectives," the charging document said...."

Charges against Cliven Bundy stem from April 2014 standoff - Las Vegas Sun News

There's also a video of Ammon Bundy aggressively confronting a LEO and kicking his police dog before getting tased. So that might be the assault charge.

that's why i said a conspiracy charge might stick, depending on arguments.... and we're talking about Cliven Bundy, not Ammon.
if they charged Cliven with assault, he'll walk on that charge... if they charged him with conspiracy to commit assault, he might not.

as an aside, I'm so not interested in anything the LV Sun has to say... it's a garbage rag.
the Las Vegas review journal would be the paper you'd want to quote, not the Sun.
( it's kinda like the NY Times versus the NY post.)

You might be right on that, but he might not even be charged with assault. I suspect the assault (if by firearm) would be for several of the other guys. Unless he verbally or physically threatened the cops.

I guess we'll just have to see how this plays-out, but I do think he's in serious trouble with the feds both criminally & civilly. His criminal charge might end-up being conspiratorial, if I had to guess. His civil stuff will be the money he already owes, plus criminal forfeiture (if any).

in the end, he'll (Cliven) die in Prison... the govt will not stand for people standing up to them, period...that's hte lesson in all of this stuff.
if hte govt doesn't kill you on the spot, you'll die in whatever prison the throw you in, based on a ton of charges they throw at you.... standing up to the US govt is quite literally a death sentence.

that's why i said a conspiracy charge might stick, depending on arguments.... and we're talking about Cliven Bundy, not Ammon.
if they charged Cliven with assault, he'll walk on that charge... if they charged him with conspiracy to commit assault, he might not.
The charges were reported all together and made it seem like Cliven was being charged with assault...but it was probably Ammon.

as an aside, I'm so not interested in anything the LV Sun has to say... it's a garbage rag.
the Las Vegas review journal would be the paper you'd want to quote, not the Sun.
( it's kinda like the NY Times versus the NY post.)

The Las Vegas Sun won a Pulitzer prize.

Back
Top Bottom