• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians vs. Satanists in handig out religious materials on public school [W:320]

Re: Christians vs. Satanists in handig out religious materials on public school groun

Because it's centered around the most evil being in existence. They should not enjoy such.

They would say the same about your God.

Re: Christians vs. Satanists in handig out religious materials on public school groun

And flat-Earthers would deny that the world is round. What's your point?

Aaaaand the results are in! Who's killed more people*??

________killings
God.......2,476,633
Satan.....10

*Exact biblical sources only, no estimates, not accounting for the pestilence and disease and illness that god is capable of stopping but allows anyway

That your point is based upon your point of view alone and is irrelevant.

Would that make me a satanist then? Because I've had similar thoughts despite being a strong atheist.

I doubt agreeing with them on some or many things makes you a Satanist in and of itself unless you actually join. And I don't agree with all of their tenants. They believe in revenge on those who have done you wrong, which I don't think is very healthy. And they do mention magic in their writings, which I don't believe in.

What do Satanists do that make them evil, exactly?

They don't believe in his imaginary friend?

All religions are not equal.

They are all equally idiotic.

Which is ridiculous.

Why? Is one imaginary friend better than another?

The point is that your point is based on a fantasy too.

Aaaaand the results are in! Who's killed more people*??

________killings
God.......2,476,633
Satan.....10

*Exact biblical sources only, no estimates, not accounting for the pestilence and disease and illness that god is capable of stopping but allows anyway

Nilly prefers evil reign instead of God dealing with it. Nice, Nilly!

Nilly prefers evil reign instead of God dealing with it. Nice, Nilly!

Considering I don't believe in either of those two entities, I prefer no reign. Why do you think we need someone to reign over us anyway?

“I cannot follow you Christians; for you try to crawl through your life upon your knees, while I stride through mine on my feet.”
― Charles Bradlaugh

Let people worship what they want to worship. Satanism has never caught on anywhere because it's not a coherent religion - it will fade away in a short amount of time. If people want to worship the sun, rocks, little bits of fuzz in their heater ducts - let em. Just don't push it on me. If I had a kid there - I'd simply tell him to bring it home and we can use it to line the bird cage. No sense in letting good paper go to waste.
I see Satanism as equally valid as every other religion in terms of substantive support of its founding beliefs.

I see Satanism as equally valid as every other religion in terms of substantive support of its founding beliefs.

Do you know what its founding beliefs are without using a search engine?

Not that I want to ban it, but there is a satanic text that dates back 2000 years?
And he didnt say outlaw satan. He was referring to satanism.subtle but significant difference.

When Christianity was the same age as Satanism do you think the people at the time should have supported banning it based on a lack of pedigree?

Good/ bad ideas don't change because of their age.

Do you know what its founding beliefs are without using a search engine?
Disclaimer: I'm not a satanist.

I know there are a couple different schools of thought and denominations. The more modern takes aren't particularly rooted in mysticism, contrary to the popular culture of pagan inspired worship.

Disclaimer: I'm not a satanist.

I know there are a couple different schools of thought and denominations. The more modern takes aren't particularly rooted in mysticism, contrary to the popular culture of pagan inspired worship.

Well I can't tell you without looking it up. I have a basic knowledge of wiccan's but not Satanism. Wicca is fairly paganistic but it also has different varietals from earth mother type nature worship to the hokey "I practice black magic" stuff, to herbology and holistic medicine. If I had to guess I'm sure there is some small unknown coherent manifesto somewhere about Satanism but mostly it's just there to be a burr in the shoe of Christianity.

Well I can't tell you without looking it up. I have a basic knowledge of wiccan's but not Satanism. Wicca is fairly paganistic but it also has different varietals from earth mother type nature worship to the hokey "I practice black magic" stuff, to herbology and holistic medicine. If I had to guess I'm sure there is some small unknown coherent manifesto somewhere about Satanism but mostly it's just there to be a burr in the shoe of Christianity.
The Satanic Bible is, to my understanding, an individualist counter to the collectivist arguments in the New Testament. With absolutely no cheap shots intended, I think it would actually resonate fairly well with Libertarians from the little exposure I've had to its text and ideas.

I can't help it you don't know what the suffix "ism" means.

Satanism

Did it really take you this long to figure out that I stand for good over evil?

All religions are not equal.

And you're not god, thus you are not the arbiter of what is valid or invalid religion. Guess you're just going to have to treat people as you would like to be treated, Christian.

And you're not god, thus you are not the arbiter of what is valid or invalid religion.

Thus I accept his divine revelation.

Thus I accept his divine revelation.

And you're free to do so. But that doesn't mean you get to use the guns of government against religions you don't like. Your god has nothing to do with the laws of man. Give unto Caesar.

Your god has nothing to do with the laws of man. Give unto Caesar.

I take it you don't see the irony?

I take it you don't see the irony?

The irony of claiming love and forgiveness while simultaneously trying to use government force to prevent the expression of religion you don't like? No, the irony is not lost. Perhaps you can learn to live by the edicts of your god at some point. Not holding my breath.

The irony of claiming love and forgiveness while simultaneously trying to use government force to prevent the expression of religion you don't like? No, the irony is not lost. Perhaps you can learn to live by the edicts of your god at some point. Not holding my breath.

The irony of claiming that God has nothing to do with law and then quoting something proving the contrary.

The irony of claiming that God has nothing to do with law and then quoting something proving the contrary.

No, what was quoted wasn't contrary, but rather edict of your religion that the governments of man are for man, not gods.

No, what was quoted wasn't contrary, but rather edict of your religion that the governments of man are for man, not gods.

You seem to be putting your own spin on that quote.

Back
Top Bottom