• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti Obama Flyer in Michigan "Holocaust is coming"

Flippinfunky

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Could these people be anymore disrespectful of the Jewish & what happened to their people?! They just throw "nazi" and "holocaust" around like it's candy.

These are some truly paranoid, sick disgusting people.

"A number of flyers reportedly posted on parking meters in downtown Grand Rapids, Mich., have created a stir for their imagery, which attempts to connect President Barack Obama to the Nazi Holocaust"

"Hitler's Nazi Germany has been revived in the U.S. and the target is Americans," the pamphlets read, according to a report from MLive.com.

The flyer pairs an image of a swastika alongside a movie cover for the film, "The Obama Deception," a "documentary" by renowned right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The majority of the wording in the leaflets targets Obama's health care law and the National Defense Authorization Act, two laws reviled in many libertarian circles.

"Obama's health care bill is not a health care bill, instead it's a total government takeover of every area of life (read the fine print) like gun confiscation, euthanasia and so on (euthanizing the poor, the elderly, the ill, those who've maxed out their health insurance and so on) there are no jobs and everyone will eventually be poor," the flyers read, according to MLive.com.

They also raise the specter of military checkpoints throughout the country that will eventually be used when it is "legal to assassinate Americans."

MLive.com did some digging into the origin of the handouts, which has not yet proved conclusive. From their report:

Readers of the card are referred to a website to sign a petition that espouses tea party ideas and urges people to support Ron Paul. The views there come from a woman who claims to live in Grand Rapids, but listings for a person by the same name were disconnected or answered by people who denied knowledge of the flyer and the petition.
Using direct comparisons of Obama to Nazis or other notorious political villains has been somewhat common since the president's election. Apart from the famous Tea Party-type protest signs that depicted Obama as Adolf Hitler during the heat of the debate over health care reform, a Cathoic bishop in Illinois more recently drew criticism when he claimed the president was "intent on following a similar path" as Hitler and Stalin due to his "radical, pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda."

Anti-Obama Flyer In Michigan Depicts President Next To Swastika, Warns 'Holocaust Is Coming'

If you think that's bad "google" how the Bush campaign smeared John McCain during the 2000 South Carolina Republican Primary!

Republicans do excell at one thing - negative campaigning!

Last edited:
2 points:

1) Referencing Nazi's and the holocaust is not disrespectful to Jews. It's just stupid.

2: The flyers are being put out by nutjobs, not mainstream republicans. I do not care for republicans either jgarden, but it is entirely unfair to smear them because of this.

2 points:

1) Referencing Nazi's and the holocaust is not disrespectful to Jews. It's just stupid.

2: The flyers are being put out by nutjobs, not mainstream republicans. I do not care for republicans either jgarden, but it is entirely unfair to smear them because of this.

I find it quite disrespectful to loosely use a horrible tragedy when making a political (inaccurate) point....I also think it's stupid.

Looks like something similar to the war on women that die hard pro-abortionists claim there is,The Bush is a dictator,stole elections or lied for war that die hard bush bashers try to claim there is or the Obama is a mu-sa-lim or is born in Kenya that die hard Obama bashers try to push. Nothing really new.

2 points:

The 2000 Republican Primary
McCain, Bush, and the Nadir of American Politics
Mar 12, 2008
Aaron D. Pendell

..... However, the strategy pursued by the Bush campaign, though its members deny knowledge of executing it, produced one of the ugliest episodes in American politics. Senator McCain’s campaign chief described the underhanded tactics faced in the South Carolina primary.

- ‘push polling’ to suggest that McCain’s Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child.”

- the Senator’s wife was a drug addict,

- the decorated Vietnam veteran was a traitor

- McCain was a homosexual,

- he was mentally unstable.

Dan Schnur, a Bush staffer in 2000, put it best when quoted in a 2007 New York Times article, “Once we took that halo off of [McCain], there was no way to get it back.”

http://aaron-d-pendell.suite101.com/the-2000-republican-primary-a47511
This was a well financed, well orchestrated smear campaign that was designed to benefit one, and only one "mainstream republican" candidate (GWB)

"Mainstream Republicans" have demonstrated that they are more than capable of conducting smear campaigns - even when its against one of their own.

Last edited:
Looks like something similar to the war on women that die hard pro-abortionists claim there is,The Bush is a dictator,stole elections or lied for war that die hard bush bashers try to claim there is or the Obama is a mu-sa-lim or is born in Kenya that die hard Obama bashers try to push. Nothing really new.

Well, when Republicans are voting against fair pay for women, the violence against women act and introducing legislation that makes abortion a crime or legislation that makes it harder for women to choose, people tend to view that as a war against women...and rightfully so.

This is the new way of politics. Just find a historical figure you know a group will hate, and dress up the target figure as that person, and (tada!) the group will automatically hate that person. They'll automatically assume all that current person's ideas are related to the historical person's ideas and automatically reject the ideas our of hand. No thinking required.

Holocaust of Americans? At %40 obesity i figure someone should put half of us down lololol.

Don’t forget:
Republicans love dirty water and are going to starve your grandmother.

This is without a doubt going to be a brutal election period. What will be comical is watching people from both sides accusing the other side while ignoring the **** their own candidates (or PAC...which they can distance themselves from) are pulling. At the end of the day...regardless of who wins we will have a congress and White House occupied by two sides of the same coin, invariably, both sides claiming victory, and we will continue to have a horribly inept government no different than the one we have today. We will be no closer to economic solutions or fiscal responsibility than before. Future generations will suffer for this generations stupidity and irresponsibility.

Pop the corks.

Don’t forget:
Republicans love dirty water and are going to starve your grandmother.

actually a higher rate of death from lack of healthcare... oh and public indebtedness...
oh... and yes republican regions have significantly dirtier water...

the american government is dysfunctional regardless...
but republicans tend to be significantly more dysfunctional to the us...
in a bridge collapsey highway potholey dirty water quality of life sortof way...

Could these people be anymore disrespectful of the Jewish & what happened to their people?! They just throw "nazi" and "holocaust" around like it's candy.

These are some truly paranoid, sick disgusting people.

"A number of flyers reportedly posted on parking meters in downtown Grand Rapids, Mich., have created a stir for their imagery, which attempts to connect President Barack Obama to the Nazi Holocaust"

"Hitler's Nazi Germany has been revived in the U.S. and the target is Americans," the pamphlets read, according to a report from MLive.com.

The flyer pairs an image of a swastika alongside a movie cover for the film, "The Obama Deception," a "documentary" by renowned right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The majority of the wording in the leaflets targets Obama's health care law and the National Defense Authorization Act, two laws reviled in many libertarian circles.

"Obama's health care bill is not a health care bill, instead it's a total government takeover of every area of life (read the fine print) like gun confiscation, euthanasia and so on (euthanizing the poor, the elderly, the ill, those who've maxed out their health insurance and so on) there are no jobs and everyone will eventually be poor," the flyers read, according to MLive.com.

They also raise the specter of military checkpoints throughout the country that will eventually be used when it is "legal to assassinate Americans."

MLive.com did some digging into the origin of the handouts, which has not yet proved conclusive. From their report:

Readers of the card are referred to a website to sign a petition that espouses tea party ideas and urges people to support Ron Paul. The views there come from a woman who claims to live in Grand Rapids, but listings for a person by the same name were disconnected or answered by people who denied knowledge of the flyer and the petition.
Using direct comparisons of Obama to Nazis or other notorious political villains has been somewhat common since the president's election. Apart from the famous Tea Party-type protest signs that depicted Obama as Adolf Hitler during the heat of the debate over health care reform, a Cathoic bishop in Illinois more recently drew criticism when he claimed the president was "intent on following a similar path" as Hitler and Stalin due to his "radical, pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda."

Anti-Obama Flyer In Michigan Depicts President Next To Swastika, Warns 'Holocaust Is Coming'

Let this be a lesson to all the corporate sponsors of the Tea Party and Fox News.... you reap what you sow.

This kind of thing turns off moderates and independents. 4 MORE YEARS!!

OK, which DP poster wrote that flyer?

Let this be a lesson to all the corporate sponsors of the Tea Party and Fox News.... you reap what you sow.

This kind of thing turns off moderates and independents. 4 MORE YEARS!!
What? You are excited about voting for and supporting a homophobic bigot??? Why...were is all that impotent outrage you are spewing in the other thread?

What a partisan whackjobl!!! :lamo

I often wonder who these type flyers are intended for...

Now we know.
Why...YOU of course. They give you a hard on! So...you ARE planning on leading the campaign AGAINST the bigoted homophobe, Right? You HATE them...you despise them...SURELY you will be taking the lead against such a blatant and open piece of ****...right? :lamo

What? You are excited about voting for and supporting a homophobic bigot??? Why...were is all that impotent outrage you are spewing in the other thread?

What a partisan whackjobl!!! :lamo

What makes Obama a homophobic bigot? He's made clear that he opposes legislation to ban same sex marriage and has said himself that he is evolving on the issue. How about Romney, does he oppose bans on same sex marriage and his he evolving on the issue?

What makes Obama a homophobic bigot? He's made clear that he opposes legislation to ban same sex marriage and has said himself that he is evolving on the issue. How about Romney, does he oppose bans on same sex marriage and his he evolving on the issue?

"Identifying and shaming evil = good.

That's the only reason I still post here on DP -- to identify and shame bad people. And badness is NOT a matter of opinion. It just is. If you don't accept gays and gay marriage, you're a homophobe (a form of ignorant bigotry) and should be shamed into acceptance or get out of our country.

It's not about 'opinion' or 'bible' of 'beliefs' -- it's about CORRECTING IGNORANCE."

Ya gotta stay with the class. Why none other than Hazlnut himself has very directly and openly declared his hatred and disgust for Obama.

Obama has come out and loudly declared he is 1-a Christian, and 2-Believes marriage is between a man and a woman. That is just the kind of homophobia that Hazlnut has declared his disdain for. People like Obama must be...what was the words Hazl...help me out...change or forced out of the country...right? Follow the fun here...http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...g-speaker-curses-christian-teens-w-165-a.html

Last edited:
"Identifying and shaming evil = good.

That's the only reason I still post here on DP -- to identify and shame bad people. And badness is NOT a matter of opinion. It just is. If you don't accept gays and gay marriage, you're a homophobe (a form of ignorant bigotry) and should be shamed into acceptance or get out of our country.

It's not about 'opinion' or 'bible' of 'beliefs' -- it's about CORRECTING IGNORANCE."

Ya gotta stay with the class. Why none other than Hazlnut himself has very directly and openly declared his hatred and disgust for Obama.

Obama has come out and loudly declared he is 1-a Christian, and 2-Believes marriage is between a man and a woman. That is just the kind of homophobia that Hazlnut has declared his disdain for. People like Obama must be...what was the words Hazl...help me out...change or forced out of the country...right? Follow the fun here...http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...g-speaker-curses-christian-teens-w-165-a.html

I agree with the acceptance of Homosexuals, however not everyone is going to like it...and they dont have to...I draw the line when personal opinions influence legislation. I dont need everyone to "like" the homosexual lifestyle...and as long as they dont try to force their opinion on others, I'm okay with their dislike. Obama doesn't support legislation that discriminates against gays. What he PERSONALLY feels is none of my concern; however, I'm glad to hear him say that he's trying to evolve on the matter.

BTW, I'm Straight for Marriage Equality

Last edited:
I agree with the acceptance of Homosexuals, however not everyone is going to like it...and they dont have to...I draw the line when personal opinions influence legislation. I dont need everyone to "like" the homosexual lifestyle...and as long as they dont try to force their opinion on others, I'm okay with their dislike. Obama doesn't support legislation that discriminates against gays. What he PERSONALLY feels is none of my concern; however, I'm glad to hear him say that he's trying to evolve on the matter.
Follow the other thread. The comment is directed at Hazlnut and his typical mindless partisanship. Personally...I dont believe Obama is a homophobe and have said since about a year ago and still believe Obama will be reelected. I also believe you have to be a mindless partisan hack to be excited about either party winning, considering the stellar job both parties have done 'running' the country. Its winning...buts its a crazy whacked out Charlie Sheen kind of winning.

Follow the other thread. The comment is directed at Hazlnut and his typical mindless partisanship. Personally...I dont believe Obama is a homophobe and have said since about a year ago and still believe Obama will be reelected. I also believe you have to be a mindless partisan hack to be excited about either party winning, considering the stellar job both parties have done 'running' the country. Its winning...buts its a crazy whacked out Charlie Sheen kind of winning.

Well, I'm a bit bias on the job growth issue...I live in Washington State and because of Obama's deal with India, Boeing was able to add thousands of jobs which has reduced our unemployment rate. I thank the Emirates as well since they placed the largest order of planes in Boeing history. When Boeing does good, Washington State does good.

2: The flyers are being put out by nutjobs, not mainstream republicans.

Fox news has compared Obama to Hitler... veiled and underhanded... but it's there.

To deny the embrace by mainstreamers, is, IMO, foolish.

I do not care for republicans either jgarden, but it is entirely unfair to smear them because of this.

We can call them out and shame them for not condemning this.

Back
Top Bottom