• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman not guilty.

I never said he was guilty of murder or manslaughter. He is guilty of instigating the encounter though. Very sad that your bias keeps you from seeing that.

Prove it.

It still means nothing, as Martin escalated it by committing assault.

Time to move on.

Keep in mind, the only surviving account of what happened was Zimmerman's account.

Yeah, dead men tell no tales. And Trayvon Martin is dead. What's your point?

I never said he was guilty of murder or manslaughter. He is guilty of instigating the encounter though. Very sad that your bias keeps you from seeing that.

Zimmerman didn't "instigate" anything OTHER than the police coming to the scene. Martin didn't instigate the police coming, he instigated a violent assault. Or, since the burden is on the prosecutor, it was not proven that Zimmerman is who first became violent.

Does reality trouble you? The reality that there was no manner to prove GZ guilty?

The state accepted that Z did not break any law by following M.

You have nothing

you are right what zimmerman thinks/ said is what counts. and he can say anything like travon saying "you are going to die today" and the jury "thought" to believe zimmerman.... buy the way i understand the law

I don't believe that either. I don't think race had anything to do with it. I do believe Zimmerman was a wannabe cop-douchebag-vigilante, though.

You hate cops too. Got it.

George Zimmerman found not guilty

I still think that Zimmerman created the situation and Trayvon died as a result of that situation.

doesn't matter what a person "thinks" or feels.
It matters what the facts show and the decision of the jury.

I think TM created the situation. So does my statement cancels yours? In the end, the jury decided.

I have a burning question for all of those who so seem to care so much about George Zimmeran. Why? Why do you care. This is not sarcasm, I am completely sincere and hope to get genuine and honest responses that may help me understand something that I just don't get. Thank you.

I have a burning question for all of those who so seem to care so much about George Zimmeran. Why? Why do you care. This is not sarcasm, I am completely sincere and hope to get genuine and honest responses that may help me understand something that I just don't get. Thank you.

Out of a total of 194 posts at this moment, your stats are:
Top Areas Of Posting
Zimmerman / Martin Case 170 (over 85% of your posts)
General Political Discussion 20
Sex and Sexuality 5
Bias in the Media 2​

Shouldn't you be asking yourself this question?

Out of a total of 194 posts at this moment, your stats are:

Shouldn't you be asking yourself this question?

You assume I haven't. Now am asking you.

A question is not an assumption. Or didn't you know that?

You wouldn't have asked the question "shouldn't you be asking yourself that question" if you believed I have asked myself that question.

You wouldn't have asked the question "shouldn't you be asking yourself that question" if you believed I have asked myself that question.
That is your assumption.

Learn, the evidence and you will get your answer to your *burning question*

Learn, the evidence and you will get your answer to your *burning question*

Afraid to give a real answer? We clearly interpret the so called "evidence" differently. So I reach out to the other side to get a better understanding and you come back with a snide response. That's disappointing.

Afraid to give a real answer? We clearly interpret the so called "evidence" differently. So I reach out to the other side to get a better understanding and you come back with a snide response. That's disappointing.

That's your assumption

Sad... really

Why do you think that?

inititating the struggle.

This is all mute. The jury based on the evidence allowed found GZ not guilty. It is time to move on. Playing what if (just like a conspiracy theory), leads to endless speculation.

I will give it a try.
I hate injustice wherever it raises it's ugly head.
The prosecution of George Zimmerman by a special prosecutor in response
to political pressure reeks of the worst kind of injustice, Mob rule.
Our entire framework of Government is based on equal treatment under the law,
The GZ prosecution represented unequal treatment in the extreme.

I will give it a try.
I hate injustice wherever it raises it's ugly head.
The prosecution of George Zimmerman by a special prosecutor in response
to political pressure reeks of the worst kind of injustice, Mob rule.
Our entire framework of Government is based on equal treatment under the law,
The GZ prosecution represented unequal treatment in the extreme.

Thank you and that makes sense. I felt from the beginning that the charges filed were way too much. Whether that was from public pressure or just an overzealous prosecution I don't know. I have heard however, that it is not uncommon. An interesting point here is that your answer is really a common ground between people on the other side of the issue. The difference is that I do feel that the greater injustice was served to Trayvon. It is my hope that understanding that as a common ground would allow both people to be tolerant and maybe a little compassionate towards those who disagree with them. It is a very similar emotion on both sides that is driving this discussion.

Up for another? Would you have felt differently if different charges had been filed?

Last edited:
Up for another? Would you have felt differently if different charges had been filed?

For me personally,
if the State had filed for manslaughter the trial would have made more sense based on what evidence was available before the trial started.

No matter what charges the State filed, I support the not guilty verdict based on the evidence presented in court.

For me personally,
if the State had filed for manslaughter the trial would have made more sense based on what evidence was available before the trial started.

No matter what charges the State filed, I support the not guilty verdict based on the evidence presented in court.

Mike...

Prior to the trial, I never really formed any opinions as to guilt or innocence because the public isn't privy to all the possible facts.

However my only real question, regarding this case...why did the DA file 2nd Degree charge on Zimmerman? The DA would have had to known some evidence that was not publically released.

In hind sight and seeing how the jury was instructed and the judge allowing a verdict of manslaughter....even a manslaughter verdict have mostly likely not handed down.

If the DA had gone for "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon"...with the ability of the jury to choose a lesser charge, it probably wouldn't have sustained in the media as it did. It probably wouldn't have been televised. But it might have been possible that lesser charge might have prevailed and a punitive sentence handed down.

But then again...not. Who knows, its a crazy worlds.

Back
Top Bottom