• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your days are numbered

Red:
Who is Redress?

Holy poops, you are kidding? He's about the best poster of any comments I've ever seen. Tell you what, get into a debate about avionics with him and you'll be humbled.

Some of you guys in your late fifties and early sixties talk as if you're already dead, or are simply dead-in-waiting.

My stepfather, who's around fifty-seven or so, rushed into my house this morning, winded, and in a bit of a panic. He grabbed the phone and immediately told my mother not to leave the house, and that 'Snowflake' had chased him over to our place. The only 'Snowflake' I know is a twenty-year old cat that was sleeping soundly in front of me. Then I saw an unusually large pit bull and some pups run past the window . . . and then remembed that my folks took on dog-sitting for a friend. Apparently Snowflake prompted Karl to climb onto the porch, then the shed, and ultimately unto the roof of the trailer before he ended up inside. Pretty spry for a guy who, for whatever reason, used to say that he probably wouldn't make it to sixty. He's in much better shape than I am, that's for sure.

I'm thirty-four right now. I'm not quite forty, but I'm not in my twenties anymore, either. I don't feel any different than I did when I was a teen, and in fact, work has probably toughened me up a bit, but I'm absolutely amazed at how quickly the last fifteen years have melted away, and there are all kinds of alarms going off in my head.

Holy poops, you are kidding? He's about the best poster of any comments I've ever seen. Tell you what, get into a debate about avionics with him and you'll be humbled.
  1. No, I was not kidding.
  2. I'm sure I won't engage Redress in an avionics debate or discussion. I won't because avionics isn't a topic that captures my interest.
  3. I already am a humble person. I know the limits of my training, acumen, knowledge, and personal and professional achievements, and I neither understate nor overstate them.
  4. Though I occasionally post mere comments, my preference is to write argumentative essays about matters that interest me and on topics whereof I have the portfolio to to roundly defend my stance(s)..

Last edited:
Some of you guys in your late fifties and early sixties talk as if you're already dead, or are simply dead-in-waiting.

Actually most of us aren't...I think I'm probably the only one really feeling my mortality and I have good reason to.
Lifetime smoker and by the time I quit, the damage has already been done, Type 2 diabetes, I can feel my hips turning to mush just getting in and out of the car, and I was a major league crackhead for about ten years and got clean 25 years ago but again, the damage was done.

Up until about age 53 I never got sick, never got winded, never anything at all. I didn't even become overweight until starting around 50 or so, I was five eight, 185 and all muscle. I was a beast. All of this just started happening at once, lightning fast.

In 2015 I wound up in the hospital with a case of bronchitis that turned into pneumonia and that was a two week stay but even once I got back home I was out of commission for another two months or more. I could barely walk, barely breathe, couldn't concentrate, couldn't sleep and suddenly I started packing on the pounds and I wasn't even eating that much.

And then not even six months later I got it again, this time it was even worse ... another two week stay in the hospital and another three months like a walking corpse. And then the floaters in my eyes came, my hearing, which wasn't the greatest, really got bad and all of a sudden my knees and ankles were just...."GONE".

And I'm 230 pounds now and I've counted calories, I think I hover around 1500-2000 tops daily.
And I can't do voice over work anymore because my lung capacity is too shot to go to the end of a paragraph without sucking in my breath.

I still have my strength...last time we had to move furniture around I had no problem lugging everything around but I had to take a break to catch my breath. I could lift anything but just not for an eternity like I used to.

It's all my fault, I take full responsibility for being a Hollywood jackwagon.

My stepfather, who's around fifty-seven or so, rushed into my house this morning, winded, and in a bit of a panic. He grabbed the phone and immediately told my mother not to leave the house, and that 'Snowflake' had chased him over to our place. The only 'Snowflake' I know is a twenty-year old cat that was sleeping soundly in front of me. Then I saw an unusually large pit bull and some pups run past the window . . . and then remembed that my folks took on dog-sitting for a friend. Apparently Snowflake prompted Karl to climb onto the porch, then the shed, and ultimately unto the roof of the trailer before he ended up inside. Pretty spry for a guy who, for whatever reason, used to say that he probably wouldn't make it to sixty. He's in much better shape than I am, that's for sure.

I'm thirty-four right now. I'm not quite forty, but I'm not in my twenties anymore, either. I don't feel any different than I did when I was a teen, and in fact, work has probably toughened me up a bit, but I'm absolutely amazed at how quickly the last fifteen years have melted away, and there are all kinds of alarms going off in my head.

Red:
I don't know what strikes you as such talk.

I know for myself, save for seeing my youngest son reach the start of his independent life as an adult, which is something he's well on his way to doing, I've accomplished all but one of the goals I set for myself some 40+ years ago, and the one I didn't achieve was denied me by the hands of fate, and I've made my peace with that sad circumstance. I think when one finds oneself in a state of contentment and bereft of clearly defined prospective goals, there's not much to talk about as goes one's future for dying is about the only thing left that one knows one will do. Once I complete formulating a clear plan for what I want to do with the rest of my years, I won't spend any of it "chatting" on social media such as this forum.

Back
Top Bottom