• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Want a Confederate Monument? My Body Is a Confederate Monument

Im not rationalizing anything nor do I have feelings of guilt over my ancestry. Its a matter of historical record. Many slaves holders were beloved by their servants. Some masters were horrible people, others were not. Thats just a fact.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How would you know that? Were you there. I don’t care how humane or inhumane a master was. If you are not treated with the same dignity and respect as a human being should be treated, you are not going to be happy in your situation. They were not servants, btw, they were slaves. Considered property, 1/5th of a human being

Tremendous assumptions about a genealogy she literally knows nothing about. But OK...lets assume those slaveowners did rape black women.
Horrible. Truly.

The data show that:
  • More than four in ten Black women experience physical violence from an intimate partner during their lifetimes. White women, Latinas, and Asian/Pacific Islander women report lower rates.
  • Black women also experience significantly higher rates of psychological abuse—including humiliation, insults, name-calling, and coercive control—than do women overall.
  • Sexual violence affects Black women at high rates. More than 20 percent of Black women are raped during their lifetimes—a higher share than among women overall.
  • Black women face a particularly high risk of being killed at the hands of a man. A 2015 Violence Policy Center study finds that Black women were two and a half times more likely to be murdered by men than their White counterparts. More than nine in ten Black female victims knew their killers.

So while you are ****ting yourself over the tragedy of 160+ years ago that may or may not have occurred, and lets be sure to also ignore the FACT that 75% of southerners did NOT own slaves, and lets make sure that we continue to live as slaves to 160 year old ghosts while ignoring modern day realities.

Oh...and while you are bull****ting...go ahead and continue to focus on the south and ignore the slave history of the north as well. Because that was 'different'.

Of course you're rationalizing.

And of course people like you don't have any guilt about your ancestry. You're proud of it. No one expects anything else from you.

Apologists for slavery and Jim Crow are very much like apologists for the Holocaust and Nazism. In fact, the former are even more reprehensible because they lack the balls to just own up to their prejudices. At least Nazi sympathizers display the courage of their convictions.

"Historical record"? Only in Confederate revisionist history. This is a fantasy of the "Lost Cause", and the losers who subscribe to it.

Enslaved Americans "loved" slave owners the way a scarred, beaten, humiliated, completely subjugated captive "loves" his/her captor.

What a moronic...yet unsurprising...thing for someone like you to say.:roll:

If it's a "fact", prove it. Show examples of "not horrible" slave owners...and then show me how they treated a slave who sought his/her freedom...or who refused unwanted advances...or who suffered an injury and couldn't work...or who couldn't bear children....etc.

You CLEARLY are historically IGNORANT about this issue.

And "horrible" vs "not horrible"? By what standard? Yours?

Again, remember that your opinions don't count.

:lamo
You've got it twisted, which is typical of entitled-yet-clueless conservative white dudes.

You are the one questioning Williams' account of her own personal family history. It is YOUR duty to provide ANY evidence that she's wrong about her own history...and you, an anonymous pro-Confederate, white nationalist know more about her family history than she.

So, get to it...or hush up.
Yes im questioning her account. Its not my duty to prove her baseless claims. If she has evidence of rape she should produce it. If she cant it reduces her argument down to her baseless opinion. The fact that you are blindly accepting it as fact is your problem, not mine.

How would you know that? Were you there. I don’t care how humane or inhumane a master was. If you are not treated with the same dignity and respect as a human being should be treated, you are not going to be happy in your situation. They were not servants, btw, they were slaves. Considered property, 1/5th of a human being

Same question to you, how do you know they were not happy, you were not there

How do we know her ancestors were not willing participants?

Sometimes the help entered into consensual affairs with their masters. Ugly word that, but that's who they were. Sometimes they were raped and the historical record supports this. We may never know in this writer's ancestry which it was but the chances are probably at least even.

Tremendous assumptions about a genealogy she literally knows nothing about. But OK...lets assume those slaveowners did rape black women.
Horrible. Truly.

The data show that:
  • More than four in ten Black women experience physical violence from an intimate partner during their lifetimes. White women, Latinas, and Asian/Pacific Islander women report lower rates.
  • Black women also experience significantly higher rates of psychological abuse—including humiliation, insults, name-calling, and coercive control—than do women overall.
  • Sexual violence affects Black women at high rates. More than 20 percent of Black women are raped during their lifetimes—a higher share than among women overall.
  • Black women face a particularly high risk of being killed at the hands of a man. A 2015 Violence Policy Center study finds that Black women were two and a half times more likely to be murdered by men than their White counterparts. More than nine in ten Black female victims knew their killers.

So while you are ****ting yourself over the tragedy of 160+ years ago that may or may not have occurred, and lets be sure to also ignore the FACT that 75% of southerners did NOT own slaves, and lets make sure that we continue to live as slaves to 160 year old ghosts while ignoring modern day realities.

Oh...and while you are bull****ting...go ahead and continue to focus on the south and ignore the slave history of the north as well. Because that was 'different'.

Why do you lie so much. You insist on making up **** to make black people look bad

Race_of_Perpetrators%20122016.png

Tha majority of perpetrators are white men. Therefore their victims are probably white women. So more white women are subject to rape and violence than black women.

Same question to you, how do you know they were not happy, you were not there

Common sense. Do think any human would be happy as a slave? Would you be happy as a slave? Unless you believe tha black people are less than human

Sometimes the help entered into consensual affairs with their masters. Ugly word that, but that's who they were. Sometimes they were raped and the historical record supports this. We may never know in this writer's ancestry which it was but the chances are probably at least even.
Unless she has some historical letter or something detailing the encounter she does not know what the truth is anymore than any of us do.

I think that puts things into context. But hey, there is no racism in america. Ask any white racist, they'll tell you.

Common sense. Do think any human would be happy as a slave? Would you be happy as a slave? Unless you believe tha black people are less than human
I dont know, I wasnt there. In either case, even if we accept the ludicris notion that its an impossibility for a slave and the owner can be freinds; it still does not preclude the possibility that they were sexually attracted to one another and engaged in consenting sex.

I dont know, I wasnt there. In either case, even if we accept the ludicris notion that its an impossibility for a slave and the owner can be freinds; it still does not preclude the possibility that they were sexually attracted to one another and engaged in consenting sex.

Yes, they consented to sex rather than being beaten and then when the child was born the mother consented to let the father, (slaver), rather to being beaten, to sell it to someone else into slavery.
Yeah, I can see where you're line is totally believable.

So don't assume that any human being would be happy as a slave. That is like saying that you don't know if people would be happy getting their toes cut off when you know damn well you would not be happy getting your toes cut off.

Not all slaves were unhappy.

So funny coming from the ilk that loves to scream the Patrick Henry quote, "Give me Liberty or Give me death"... then go on and on about FRREEEEEDUUUUMMMM!... But some slaves were very happy? Such cognitive dissonance.

Yes, they consented to sex rather than being beaten and then when the child was born the mother consented to let the father, (slaver), rather to being beaten, to sell it to someone else into slavery.
Do you believe that everytime a white and a black had sex it was sn act of rape?
For all you know she has it completely backwards and it was the black who raped the white person. You dont even know that whatever occurred happened between a slave and a slave owner.

The power dynamic that exists between a slave and the owner, throws any "consent" into serious doubt.

So don't assume that any human being would be happy as a slave. That is like saying that you don't know if people would be happy getting their toes cut off when you know damn well you would not be happy getting your toes cut off.
I didnt assume anything. I raised the possibility that her ancestry was spawned from an act of mutual consent.

Do you believe that everytime a white and a black had sex it was sn act of rape?
For all you know she has it completely backwards and it was the black who raped the white person. You dont even know that whatever occurred happened between a slave and a slave owner.

....the slave raped the slave owner?

The power dynamic that exists between a slave and the owner, throws any "consent" into serious doubt.
Sure it does but it does not exclude it from being a distinct possibility

Compare the skin color of an average African American to say..a native Nigerian or Kenyan. It's not too hard to figure out what happened.

African American? Does that mean an American who migrated to the United States of America from Africa?

:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll::2rofll: Now I know you don't beleive that a female slave raped a male slaver. Your responses are getting a little ridiculous now.

....the slave raped the slave owner?
Black people raped white people back then too.
The woman in the OP is claiming something but is offering nothing to back her claim up. Thats all i am saying

I think you are being silly at this point.

I grew up in rural South Georgia. I heard this bull**** all the time. He's talking like a typical Southern conservative. His next act he will probably pull a Cliven Bundy... “I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," and "I wonder if they were they better off as slaves?"

Back
Top Bottom