• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow! Duckworth blocks all military promotions until Esper states in writing he won’t interfere with

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Tammy Duckworth, US Senator on the Armed Services Committee, has just held up all promotions until Esper stops blocking Vindman’s promotion to Colonel.

I bet Susan Collins is amazed that US Senators have so much power to do things.

From various reports twitter feeds:

“Wow -- Duckworth says she will block Senate approvals of **1,123** senior U.S. Armed Forces promotions until Esper "confirms in writing that he did not, or will not, block the expected and deserved promotion of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman to Colonel."

“Senator Tammy Duckworth is blocking a vote on hundreds of military promotions until Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirms that he won't retaliate against Alexander Vindman for testifying at Trump's impeachment hearings, @IsaacDovere reports.”

Press release here:

af1c62b9598f4c68644eb651790aa475.png

A White guy's getting a promotion?
What the hell.

...........she should hold out until Trump pins his bird wings on in the Rose garden.........:lamo

Tammy Duckworth, US Senator on the Armed Services Committee, has just held up all promotions until Esper stops blocking Vindman’s promotion to Colonel.

“Wow -- Duckworth says she will block Senate approvals of **1,123** senior U.S. Armed Forces promotions until Esper "confirms in writing that he did not, or will not, block the expected and deserved promotion of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman to Colonel."

“Senator Tammy Duckworth is blocking a vote on hundreds of military promotions until Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirms that he won't retaliate against Alexander Vindman for testifying at Trump's impeachment hearings, @IsaacDovere reports.”

Well someone just got scratched off the Biden VP list.

As expected, Sen. Duckworth once again demonstrates the massive stupidity of Democrats and their hatred towards the military.

Only Congress has the power to create and promote military officers, not Secretaries of Defense. There is absolutely nothing the Secretary of Defense can do to prohibit or advance anyone's promotion, other than making a recommendation. All the power resides with Congress.

This is merely a stunt by Sen. Duckworth. Just another leftist Democrat scumbag causing harm to all those who deserve to be promoted in order to try to score some political points.

As expected, Sen. Duckworth once again demonstrates the massive stupidity of Democrats and their hatred towards the military.

Only Congress has the power to create and promote military officers, not Secretaries of Defense. There is absolutely nothing the Secretary of Defense can do to prohibit or advance anyone's promotion, other than making a recommendation. All the power resides with Congress.

This is merely a stunt by Sen. Duckworth. Just another leftist Democrat scumbag causing harm to all those who deserve to be promoted in order to try to score some political points.

Yeah, I can't believe they knew about Russian bounties on Soldiers and did nothing about it. In fact they continued to kiss Putins ass the whole time, shocking.

Let her hold up 100s of promotions if she thinks thats the prudent course of action .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m sure you know how this works better than a US senator on the Armed Services committee...

Yes. Duckworth clearly hates the military. She probably never served. [emoji849]

She is. That’s literally the point of the OP.
I know and I support her excercising her right to do so just as I will excercise the right of whatever legal retalitory response she is faced with.

I’m sure you know how this works better than a US senator on the Armed Services committee...

Indeed I do. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. I seriously doubt any Congress' critter has ever read the document they sworn an oath to uphold. You might give it a try and read the document one day yourself.

Yes. Duckworth clearly hates the military. She probably never served. [emoji849]

All Democrats hate the military with a passion. That is why they are so eager to get them deliberately killed by changing the Rules of Engagement and enacting suicidal policies like "Courageous Restraint."

Yeah, I can't believe they knew about Russian bounties on Soldiers and did nothing about it. In fact they continued to kiss Putins ass the whole time, shocking.

Got ANY facts to support your specious claim?

I'm sure Susan is clutching pearls over this as we speak.

Let her hold up 100s of promotions if she thinks thats the prudent course of action .

That will move several hundred, if not thousands, of votes from D to R. Good for her!

It didn't move mine since there is no way in hell I'd ever vote for a D.

Stupid bitch!

Vindman has no business being promoted. Openly expressing political views, and ridiculing American citizens doesn't cut it..

Retired Army Officer Remembers Lt. Col. Vindman as Partisan Democrat Who Ridiculed America - American Greatness

She's punishing the troops over politics? :lamo

Since she did, they should snatch her veteran's status away. Not that they can.

She doesn't deserve it.

That will move several hundred, if not thousands, of votes from D to R. Good for her!

It didn't move mine since there is no way in hell I'd ever vote for a D.

yep, those veterans will hate seeing someone standing in the way of denying a deserving soldier his rightful promotion

Back
Top Bottom