• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you be friends with a Transgender person? 27% say no.[W:151]

Would you be friends with a Transgender person?

• Total voters
Moderator's Warning:
The topic of this thread is "Would you be friends with a Transgender person?" Please stick to the topic and avoid posting derails or responding to them.

Again what on gods green earth are you talking about. Noting in the babbling above has to do with " imagined orientation". I asked a person what that phrase has to do with transgenderism and you have been babbling about anything but. Can you tell us what " imagined orientation" has to do with transgenderism?

People are born as a member of a gender biologically. Gender really has little to do with anything outside of biology.

They may imagine that they have a different assignment.

That said, they can have desires and proclivities that are not in line with their biological gender and may elect to take steps to fulfill their resulting goals.

Our language probably will evolve to better encompass this.

I read the first paragraph and it seems to address what a species actually is.

Is the ability of a homo sapien to morph into a different species using only a psychological exercise detailed later in the article? Could you please cut and paste that part of the article?

The point is that it shows that definition of a species is not black and white

The point is that it shows that definition of a species is not black and white

Could YOU cut and paste the nugget that says this?

Of course it's not true. Your comment only demonstrates your ignorance on the topic. Nothing more.

Sorry if the truth offends you, but my experience with this is fairly extensive.

I expect that if you really know some transgendered people you know I'm right. You're just so puffed up with virtue signalling that you can't be serious about it.

Here's a bit of the science on that: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180172?log$=activity

I think the estimate of psychiatric comorbidities in this study is way too low, but no doubt there's an element of selection bias going on.

Last edited:
Could YOU cut and paste the nugget that says this?

Wiki isn that long, its lliterally right at the start but here ya go
The species problem is the set of questions that arises when biologists attempt to define what a species is. Such a definition is called a species concept; there are at least 26 recognized species concepts.[1] A species concept that works well for sexually reproducing organisms such as birds is useless for species that reproduce asexually, such as bacteria. The scientific study of the species problem has been called microtaxonomy.[2]

One common, but sometimes difficult, question is how best to decide which species an organism belongs to, because reproductively isolated groups may not be readily recognizable, and cryptic species may be present. There is a continuum from total reproductive isolation (no interbreeding) to panmixis, unlimited interbreeding. Populations can move forward or backwards along this continuum, at any point meeting the criteria for one or another species concept, and failing others.

Again what on gods green earth are you talking about. Noting in the babbling above has to do with " imagined orientation". I asked a person what that phrase has to do with transgenderism and you have been babbling about anything but. Can you tell us what " imagined orientation" has to do with transgenderism?

Rachael Dolozeal had two very white parents and 4 very white grandparents. She is a natural strawberry blond with pale skin and freckles. Is she black just because she really really believes she is black?

You will say "what does that have to do with sexual orientation?" The answer to that question is nothing...but everything about the issue of 'choice'. Trans-everything comes down to feelings and choice in opposition to science and genetics. Therefore "imagined" orientation is either real and available to all or it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if the truth offends you, but my experience with this is fairly extensive.

I expect that if you really know some transgendered people you know I'm right. You're just so puffed up with virtue signalling that you can't be serious about it.

Here's a bit of the science on that: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180172?log$=activity

I think the estimate of psychiatric comorbidities in this study is way too low, but no doubt there's an element of selection bias going on.

Your experience is insignificant compared to mine. I work daily with transsexuals and have for many years. And, as a practicing therapist, I can without question tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. The vast majority of transexuals that I work with struggle with GDD with little incidence of psychiatric comorbidity. Further, when there is psychiatric comorbidity, it can often be explained as a natural extension of the GDD, which is why Major Depression is the most common.

You also probably should have read the actual study rather than just the abstract. The study, based in Iran, using Iranian transsexuals, clearly indicated that the increased incidence of Major Depression was due to two factors: self-image issues regarding the individual's transsexuality, and the low incidence of family and friend support and cultural biases towards transsexuals in the Iranian culture. This biases the study.

Next time you try to make an argument, you should first make SURE that your opponent's experience doesn't completely outclass yours which mine does, and you should probably more closely examine your sources. That way, this kind of humiliation you just suffered won't happen.

Your experience is insignificant compared to mine. I work daily with transsexuals and have for many years. And, as a practicing therapist, I can without question tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. The vast majority of transexuals that I work with struggle with GDD with little incidence of psychiatric comorbidity. Further, when there is psychiatric comorbidity, it can often be explained as a natural extension of the GDD, which is why Major Depression is the most common.

You also probably should have read the actual study rather than just the abstract. The study, based in Iran, using Iranian transsexuals, clearly indicated that the increased incidence of Major Depression was due to two factors: self-image issues regarding the individual's transsexuality, and the low incidence of family and friend support and cultural biases towards transsexuals in the Iranian culture. This biases the study.

Next time you try to make an argument, you should first make SURE that your opponent's experience doesn't completely outclass yours which mine does, and you should probably more closely examine your sources. That way, this kind of humiliation you just suffered won't happen.

Anyone who works with those folks who denies that there's a lot of psychiatric co-morbidity isn't very observant.

If you prefer science done by white people then do a search in pubmed.gov on transgender psychiatric co-morbidity. Yes, a lot of it is thought to be due to oppression (although other even more oppressed groups, like black men, don't have increased suicide rates, etc.) but that their is increased psychiatric co-morbidity is very clear.

Anyone who works with those folks who denies that there's a lot of psychiatric co-morbidity isn't very observant.

Anyone who works with these folks understands that there is some psychiatric co-morbidity, but that it's pretty much exactly as I described and as the study you posted described. Nothing else. You have no evidence of anything else and your knowledge of the topic is extremely lacking.

If you prefer science done by white people then do a search in pubmed.gov on transgender psychiatric co-morbidity. Yes, a lot of it is thought to be due to oppression (although other even more oppressed groups, like black men, don't have increased suicide rates, etc.) but that their is increased psychiatric co-morbidity is very clear.

Yes, I've heard that argument before. And it is easily dismissed. Blacks are not rejected by their own family and friends BECAUSE they are black. Transsexuals often are rejected by family and friends BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANS. Big difference and one that renders your false comparison completely irrelevant.

Anyone who works with these folks understands that there is some psychiatric co-morbidity, but that it's pretty much exactly as I described and as the study you posted described. Nothing else. You have no evidence of anything else and your knowledge of the topic is extremely lacking.

Yes, I've heard that argument before. And it is easily dismissed. Blacks are not rejected by their own family and friends BECAUSE they are black. Transsexuals often are rejected by family and friends BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANS. Big difference and one that renders your false comparison completely irrelevant.

I'm white, got some family that want nothing to do with me now.

I'm white, got some family that want nothing to do with me now.

You can't choose who you are related to, and for what reason they wouldn't want to have anything to do with you.

Wiki isn that long, its lliterally right at the start but here ya go

So, apparently, if a person simply imagines that they are not a person. it makes no difference to biology.

So, apparently, if a person simply imagines that they are not a person. it makes no difference to biology.

Please go back and read my original reply to your post.

I will not conform for the sake of political correctness. I am not likely to become friends with any transgender person. I am creeped out by the concept.

I will not conform for the sake of political correctness. I am not likely to become friends with any transgender person. I am creeped out by the concept.

What if a friend you already had came told you they were transgendered?

I have no problem being friends with a transsexual person. I'm too old now anyways and have too many of my own tragedies and faults. When I was younger it would have been far more difficult for me. I say this understanding the consequences of being friends or having such a friendship known on the streets. The "streets" are neither academia or even this soft US military. It is a world of violent and malicious men and women where cement opinions can be formed in a nano-second. It is a world of prejudice and hatred: particularly against biological males that are not viewed as living up to being "a real man." A cement dogma of 99% of American liberal women walking those concretes. Hatreds form fast. One can become a target for violence and verbal attacks quickly. Or just shunning.

Not only would I be friends with a transsexual, I'm prone to having sex with a nice looking one that is M-to-F.

I'm also prone to shooting someone in the face pushed into the right stress scenario.

I'm prone to doing most things against the laws of God Almighty, Christ Our Lord, including--but not limited to--banging another man's wife.

I need Jesus. (Maybe you do too.)

The United States incarcerates more of its citizens than any other country on earth. Consequently, I assume it must be the country as well with the highest portion of its citizens that are post-incarcerated, post-probation or parole. And therefore has a significant portion of its citizen population influenced by the ethical rule and rules of "manhood" prominent in US prisons.

Many convicts, and many ex-cons (not all), will not be friends or fraternize with M-to-F transsexuals. In some gangs, while in prison, their rules are even more harsh and forbid members even fraternizing with homosexual males. If they do--one Vice Lord (he's also a US military veteran) told me--their rule in one prison he was in was to crush the face of their violating member with 45lbs plate (weight lifting) while they laid on the flat bench.

Most these criminals and prisoners are pro-Democrats. So, liberal academia ought take their religious missionary work to their fellow Democrats in the violent prisons and streets of America, to their violent gang members. To their still exist violent Italian Mafia in New York and Philly which still outlaw homosexuality among its members.

Why aren't liberals proselytizing and screaming insults and threatening to physically fight Mr. Joey Merlino and the Philly and New York City mob, over their cultural refusal promote everything LGBTQ?

What if a friend you already had came told you they were transgendered?

If they are born male and look like Caitlyn Jenner then you already know they are transsexual and were born male. The feet, shoulder, hands, are too big and probably the head might be too big too.

---
---

A dark skinned woman online once made an observation and asked a question--one I've picked up for use today--and that is: Why in Brazil are most the M-to-F transsexuals brown skinned or black?

Maybe it's because the larger portion of Brazilians--at least in Rio or Salvador--irrespective if they identify on census as white, are brown skinned or black? Maybe.

But then I notice something about Milwaukee. That is 99% of the transsexual prostitutes on the streets--indeed any you see anywhere in the city even if not prostituting--are black. In this case I'm not even saying brown skinned blacks but black skinned blacks (or dark skinned blacks [as in pic below] if not black black) akin to this in hue:

th

The next highest portion, but still much smaller, seems to be brown skinned be they mulatto, brown blacks, or Latino. The smallest portion I've seen are white. So small a portion they are nearly non-existent (in Milwaukee I'm saying).

Please go back and read my original reply to your post.

What is your opinion?

Is your own, specific species identification determined by your imagination or by observable, physical, biological qualities that actually exist in the real world?

If they are born male and look like Caitlyn Jenner then you already know they are transsexual and were born male. The feet, shoulder, hands, are too big and probably the head might be too big too.

---
---

A dark skinned woman online once made an observation and asked a question--one I've picked up for use today--and that is: Why in Brazil are most the M-to-F transsexuals brown skinned or black?

Maybe it's because the larger portion of Brazilians--at least in Rio or Salvador--irrespective if they identify on census as white, are brown skinned or black? Maybe.

But then I notice something about Milwaukee. That is 99% of the transsexual prostitutes on the streets--indeed any you see anywhere in the city even if not prostituting--are black. In this case I'm not even saying brown skinned blacks but black skinned blacks (or dark skinned blacks [as in pic below] if not black black) akin to this in hue:

th

The next highest portion, but still much smaller, seems to be brown skinned be they mulatto, brown blacks, or Latino. The smallest portion I've seen are white. So small a portion they are nearly non-existent (in Milwaukee I'm saying).

I meant you had a friend from elementary school boy or girl, known them forever and one day find out they are transgender? Not someone who is already switched you become friends with but one who you befriended before.

What is your opinion?

Is your own, specific species identification determined by your imagination or by observable, physical, biological qualities that actually exist in the real world?

The entire point of my post was that the definition of species is not black an white as you suggested in your post.

The entire point of my post was that the definition of species is not black an white as you suggested in your post.

I thought your link demonstrated that observable, physical real world qualities of the specific subject in question were what defined that subject's species.

Was that not the point of your link?

That said, among Taxonomists, is species identification of a particular subject based on what is observed in the real world or on what is imagined by the observed subject?

Is there a field outside of Taxonomy that recognizes and identifies species?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/lost-worlds/2013/jun/20/dinosaurs-fossils

I thought your link demonstrated that observable, physical real world qualities of the specific subject in question were what defined that subject's species.

Was that not the point of your link?

That said, among Taxonomists, is species identification of a particular subject based on what is observed in the real world or on what is imagined by the observed subject?

Is there a field outside of Taxonomy that recognizes and identifies species?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/lost-worlds/2013/jun/20/dinosaurs-fossils

You really need to read the link I posted if you want to understand my point

Back
Top Bottom