• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would the Dems have given in for a permanent solution for DACA

I would argue that those children were unwilling accomplices to their parents crimes. If you want to live by the letter of the law they should be charged same as their parents instead of giving them special dispensation for their crime.

Of course those who take that position will be immediately portrayed as monsters by the left. While I see your point about jumping I am empathetic to the fact these kids had not say in being brought here and think we can make some sort of accommodation for them.

The truth is that it's a very complex matter that was caused by illegal immigrants that are ignoring our laws and a gov that has not taken enforcement of the laws seriously for decades. Theres plenty of blame to go around on everyone.

At this point I think we need to have s proactive mindset and put the past mistakes behind us and create solutions that prevent the problem from continuing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Of course cons want to blame them, that is because cons like the president have no empathy for anyone else.

DACA needs to be resolved by Congress, not by an Executive Order. That’s been Trump’s point all along. Unless, of course, you think that amount of power correctly resides with the President.

No, Trump wanted to end DACA and deport all of them to satisfy his base.

Is this supposed to be humorous? You know it’s funny how you can joke around about the president daughter but, what would happen if the political party were switched that it obviously should have been. What if I or another republican said that about Chelsea? Well you are going ban that user because they suggested that Chelsea should do the same thing

I thought the election of Trump heralded the end of political correctness. Did my post trigger you? Would you like a safe space?

Of course cons want to blame them, that is because cons like the president have no empathy for anyone else.
I love how you (collectively speaking) live in your bubble of thinking you have the market cornered on compassion for others. The rest of us are just pollutants of humanity that opinions are not worthy of your respect or consideration.

Dont bother to try to why someone might come to a different conclusion than yours just dismiss everyone that does as a lower life form.

Very big tent of you.

Sucker ploy, what a load. What Trump is doing is using his inability not to feel any empathy for anyone to win a political Point. If he really had wanted a wall so badly, where was he and the GOP for the past two years when they controlled the legislative and executive branches of our government. Now they are trying to force the wall down the throats of the American people who do not want the wall. And who can believe any "promise" Trump makes. I could see him negotiating and then blaming McConnell for not reopening the government once a deal is struck. Trump's lies make it impossible to believe any promise he makes. That is why the Dems and a majority of people say open the government first and then talk. Maybe you cons should not have been so willing to let Trump lie with impunity.
Blather, blather, blather. Trump, Trump, Trump. All his fault - facts don't matter, just "Trump!:twisted:"

And why do you think it is unconstitutional. The lower court halted trump's attempt to end DACA and SCOTUS refused to take it up leaving the lower courts decision intact

Texas v US 2016 which affirmed the injunction against DAPA and Texas v US 2018 (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCOURTS-txsd-1_18-cv-00068/pdf/USCOURTS-txsd-1_18-cv-00068-0.pdf) which, while denying the injunction to stop DACA, goes into great detail with regard to why it's likely unconstitutional. The primary reason for denying the injunctions seems to be to allow congress to deal with the issue rather than to rule from the bench.

We don't give deals to bank robbers who take hostages and issue demands. They don't get their submarine, helicopter, and certainly not their 100 million cash. Some go down fighting, and the rest eventually realize just how stupid they are being.

You don't actually believe that there's some principle here that requires the Dems make a deal just because Trump took federal workers and those who benefit from their services hostage and issued demands. You're only saying that because it's what you were instructed to say. Squawk as loudly as you like, we both know that each other knows that this is true. :shrug:

And of course, Trump said he would shut down government and own it, so it's doubly dishonest for you to pretend it's somehow the Dems fault he went and shut it down.

In fact, it is triply dishonest - that's extremely dishonest, btw, major sin territory - seeing as Trump didn't bother to ask for 5 billion when the GOP controlled the house too. He didn't ask. He didn't even spend last year's appropriations in full.

I'd advise you to stop making the long-term losing bet that non-Trumpists are so stupid that they are in capable of seeing this for the deliberate manufactured political stunt it is. But you won't. You've been told to make that losing bet. So you will.

I don’t see a wanted poster for trump! So what Obama did the same thing and can anyone please tell me was these people were crying about it? I’m new to this website by a year or two.

I don’t see a wanted poster for trump! So what Obama did the same thing and can anyone please tell me was these people were crying about it? I’m new to this website by a year or two.

.....wut?

I don’t see a wanted poster for trump! So what Obama did the same thing and can anyone please tell me was these people were crying about it? I’m new to this website by a year or two. Oh I forgot the favorite politicians are entitled to shutdown the government aka throw a temper Hey tantrum because they cannot get their stupid stuff into law. Obama did this. But Reagan did this and he wasn’t impeach, the latest president George hw Bush shutdown the government for a weekend typical. But no one impeach those people but yet they are playing politics because Nancy says so? You know if Democrats wants to talk they should disrespect Pelosi and talk to the president. You know it’s funny how Pelosi lied to the president and said he had the votes? I’m not sure what she was talking about because if we did then this SIDE SHOW wouldn’t happen!

I thought the election of Trump heralded the end of political correctness. Did my post trigger you? Would you like a safe space?

Funny do you need a room for the night

I love how you (collectively speaking) live in your bubble of thinking you have the market cornered on compassion for others. The rest of us are just pollutants of humanity that opinions are not worthy of your respect or consideration.

Dont bother to try to why someone might come to a different conclusion than yours just dismiss everyone that does as a lower life form.

Very big tent of you.

I guess I believe that the cons who want to send these kids home, many who have no memory of living in another country and some do not even speak the language for something their parents did shows a lack of compassion. That is just me, but i am sure you have another interpretation.

Texas v US 2016 which affirmed the injunction against DAPA and Texas v US 2018 (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCOURTS-txsd-1_18-cv-00068/pdf/USCOURTS-txsd-1_18-cv-00068-0.pdf) which, while denying the injunction to stop DACA, goes into great detail with regard to why it's likely unconstitutional. The primary reason for denying the injunctions seems to be to allow congress to deal with the issue rather than to rule from the bench.

Since SCOTUS refused to take up the challenge to the injunction to halt Trump from deporting these children, its constitutionality is still very much in question, would you not think?

Blather, blather, blather. Trump, Trump, Trump. All his fault - facts don't matter, just "Trump!:twisted:"

He is the president and has said he would bring about a shutdown and has now done that. And can you tell me straight out that he does not lie a lot? Any other facts you need?

I don’t see a wanted poster for trump! So what Obama did the same thing and can anyone please tell me was these people were crying about it? I’m new to this website by a year or two. Oh I forgot the favorite politicians are entitled to shutdown the government aka throw a temper Hey tantrum because they cannot get their stupid stuff into law. Obama did this. But Reagan did this and he wasn’t impeach, the latest president George hw Bush shutdown the government for a weekend typical. But no one impeach those people but yet they are playing politics because Nancy says so? You know if Democrats wants to talk they should disrespect Pelosi and talk to the president. You know it’s funny how Pelosi lied to the president and said he had the votes? I’m not sure what she was talking about because if we did then this SIDE SHOW wouldn’t happen!

And if McConnell wanted to end the shutdown all he had to do was have a vote on the House bill that the Senate had already passed overwhelmingly. Then as the Dems have said, the negotiations could begin. I do not see the Dems coming to the table unless that happens.

I guess I believe that the cons who want to send these kids home, many who have no memory of living in another country and some do not even speak the language for something their parents did shows a lack of compassion. That is just me, but i am sure you have another interpretation.
I do indeed. I dont believe it's a good idea to reward behavior.

Permanent solution is the only thing they would accept as leaving it up to the whim of the President pen is foolish.

Since SCOTUS refused to take up the challenge to the injunction to halt Trump from deporting these children, its constitutionality is still very much in question, would you not think?

This page will give you a better idea of the cases going on with regard to DACA than I can - https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/daca-litigation-timeline/

Of note, in Texas v Nielsen (the case I mistakenly referred to as Texas v US...because that was how it was titled) we get this -
Judge Hanen reasoned that although, in his opinion, the plaintiff states are (1) likely to prevail on the merits of their argument that the DACA program is unlawful and are (2) likely to be able to show that the DACA program is causing them irreparable harm, he would not grant a preliminary injunction because (3) DACA recipients deprived of their protection from deportation and employment eligibility would face significant hardship and (4) Texas and the other plaintiff states could have challenged DACA’s lawfulness years earlier but did not. (These four findings correspond to the four factors or conditions that federal judges must consider before issuing a preliminary injunction.)

Basically, there are a lot of cases regarding the repeal of DACA and while there have been injunctions ordered the cases are still ongoing. Also, the main reason the injunctions have been allowed involve such things as dealing with current DACA beneficiaries, not new ones.

And if McConnell wanted to end the shutdown all he had to do was have a vote on the House bill that the Senate had already passed overwhelmingly. Then as the Dems have said, the negotiations could begin. I do not see the Dems coming to the table unless that happens.

Because the democrats know that they don’t have any political ponds

This page will give you a better idea of the cases going on with regard to DACA than I can - https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/daca-litigation-timeline/

Of note, in Texas v Nielsen (the case I mistakenly referred to as Texas v US...because that was how it was titled) we get this -

Basically, there are a lot of cases regarding the repeal of DACA and while there have been injunctions ordered the cases are still ongoing. Also, the main reason the injunctions have been allowed involve such things as dealing with current DACA beneficiaries, not new ones.

I don’t think that we should use the United States Supreme Court as a political favoritism because the United States Supreme Court should be non bias no matter what political ideology is in control. Yes the court is right wing so what! If you are a Justice or an associate justice then when you are wearing the robe then your political views are gone period

You Trumpsters constantly say that Dems want open borders because they don't want a wall, but that is bulls**t. Only stupid people actually believe the wall gives us any protection from the real problems on the border. Dems want border security as much as Trumpsters, but they are not dumb enough to think wasting 25 billion on a wall is the way to go.

The same security as now where they can get in? Or how about wild dogs that are brutal and bite any jumper? You know a fence has been defeated ! You hate boarder patrol and ice and you want to talk about security? So basically this guy lives in a glass house so he doesn’t understand walls!

Trump said that he was willing to keep from deporting DACA's for three years to get his wall built. That is the real deal between him and the Dems. I wonder if the Dems would have agreed if he made that permanent instead of just three years? I mean that the GOP ended the Iran deal because it was for "only" ten years. Did Trump actually think that the deal for three years on DACA would bring the dems to the table?

It is something that he took away, and now he thinks putting something back that he already took away once, and that the SCOTUS knocked out from under him is actually some kind of offer?

Here's the offer: Reopen the government and KEEP it open. Nothing happens until the government is reopened.
Until that happens, no deals.

The president tried to make a deal that would bring the democrats to the table to discuss a deal that would enforce immigrants to get citizenship to legally come in America period. I don’t know how to paint it

The thing is that he gave an offer that is meaningless, because that's the way it's going through the court anyway, and it's something he tired to take away to begin with.

Trump is laying a trap for Pelosi. It's only a matter of time until he offers a deal: Wall funding for amnsety for DACA. DACA has de facto amnesty as it is, but actual amnesty will finish the process and end DACA. This will also leave the democrats with "family reunification" - AKA chain migration, non skill based immigration, and general amnesty. The Trump "base" as they call it are not generally against DACA regularization, but against porous borders, chain migration, lottery for cheap labor.

So for 2020 that leaves the democrats with porous borders, chain migration, and imported poverty. Good luck selling that on main street.

Considering that Melania Knauss' parents are chain migrators...hmmm.

I wish he had offered them a permanent DACA fix. We need one. Kicking the can down the road for 3 years isn't anything at all. And if he does offer permanent DACA fixing, they should take it so we can all move on.

What we need is a permanent end to government shutdowns when the democratic process doesn't go the way the Prezzy-dint wants. Reopen and keep it open or NOTHING else happens.

Back
Top Bottom