• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would the Dems have given in for a permanent solution for DACA

Does all of that apply to fences, like no less than 700 miles of it (double fences in some areas) like Schumer and all the Senate Democrats voted for in 2013, and if not, why not?

Around each check point there are fences. Fences may run for a couple hundred miles. There are places where yes you want fences. Next to roads and water sources. Putting a fence through 100 of miles of inhospitable terrain in Laredo where the border shifts with the sands and property owners have contiguous land on both sides hundreds of miles from anywhere is just blatant waste and invasive.

What the Dems voted for and approved already were more effective means of border security. You want to debate those or just a fence I can cut through with a blade saw in 10 minutes?

How many times have I heard this argument today?

Would all of you that keep spouting this garbage prefer the status quo or a solution? Trump offered a three year window to get a fix and y'all let Pelosi shoot it down. Also, there's a good possibility that DACA will be ruled unconstitutional so if she doesn't take this deal she may not get any deal.

Congress can certainly pass legislation consistent with DACA - that's the solution. And the polling indicates that roughly 3/4 of Republicans favor DACA, so it's not really a significant concession to give 3/4th of Republicans what they favor, while not requiring the GOPers to vote for "amnesty" which will piss off the mouth breathers like Ann Coulter and the alt-right, anti-immigrant sympathizing minority of the GOP,

Congress can certainly pass legislation consistent with DACA - that's the solution. And the polling indicates that roughly 3/4 of Republicans favor DACA, so it's not really a significant concession to give 3/4th of Republicans what they favor, while not requiring the GOPers to vote for "amnesty" which will piss off the mouth breathers like Ann Coulter and the alt-right, anti-immigrant sympathizing minority of the GOP,

The idea is to do TWO things. One, stop the need for DACA by making illegal immigration....illegal. No more of this "I brought him or her here as a kid so it isn't their fault". Second, get everyone already here and having to deal with this crap regulated.

It's really simple. Trump's plan is to give in, without regard to the wishes of his base (as you frame them) to get existing DACA cases resolved but he wants to do so in a way that means never needing to do that again.

The idea is to do TWO things. One, stop the need for DACA by making illegal immigration....illegal. No more of this "I brought him or her here as a kid so it isn't their fault". Second, get everyone already here and having to deal with this crap regulated.

It's really simple. Trump's plan is to give in, without regard to the wishes of his base (as you frame them) to get existing DACA cases resolved but he wants to do so in a way that means never needing to do that again.

But he's not giving in - he's pushing it out three years, when the same people will again be threatened with deportation, especially if Trump is still in the WH. There is no resolution. That's why the offer is so pathetic.

Pelosi and Schumer have already said “no wall”. They will not agree to anything that involves a wall and Trump won’t agree to anything that doesn’t have wall in it. Basically, Americans should probably figure out how to get by without a federal government.

Actually, they really should figure out how to get by with a lot less federal government.

And the rest of Americans who the democrats call racist doesn’t want a open border so I guess we’re not equal and you think that the democrats are going win because they say how everything goes? That’s a dictatorship and the last time I checked we’re a Republic

If Democrats demanded that Ivanka give blowjobs to everyone in Washington DC., what would trump ask for from Democrats in order to make that a fair bargain?

Is this supposed to be humorous? You know it’s funny how you can joke around about the president daughter but, what would happen if the political party were switched that it obviously should have been. What if I or another republican said that about Chelsea? Well you are going ban that user because they suggested that Chelsea should do the same thing

Except you just did paint it falsely.

No amount of lies will change the fact that Trump forced the shutdown and even went as far as to say he was proud of it, would own it.

:shrug:

Ok spell it out einstein! Is citizenship very hard for immigrants to go through aw poor people. Let’s give them everything because they are the victim

He offered Pelosi everything she wanted except a permanent resolution to DACA and TPS. He did offer a 3 year extension during which time a permanent solution could be found. Furthermore, he dropped the demand for limiting sponsored visas and his demand for eliminating the visa lottery. It was a LOT if give on his part.

I would offer her a electric fence and if people get shocked oh well maybe you should done it the right way

The president tried to make a deal that would bring the democrats to the table to discuss a deal that would enforce immigrants to get citizenship to legally come in America period. I don’t know how to paint it

Except you just did paint it falsely.

No amount of lies will change the fact that Trump forced the shutdown and even went as far as to say he was proud of it, would own it.

:shrug:

Ok spell it out einstein! Is citizenship very hard for immigrants to go through aw poor people. Let’s give them everything because they are the victim

You'll have to use English if you want me to understand you.

If that is what they really want they should make a counter offer - that's the way negotiations are supposed to work.

They did, they said open the government and they would sit down and negotiate. They said they would not negotiate under the gun and I think that they are right.

How many times have I heard this argument today?

Would all of you that keep spouting this garbage prefer the status quo or a solution? Trump offered a three year window to get a fix and y'all let Pelosi shoot it down. Also, there's a good possibility that DACA will be ruled unconstitutional so if she doesn't take this deal she may not get any deal.

You are the one who said that Trump did not create the present problem with DACA, which was wrong.

The problem is that the GOP in congress does not do what Republicans want. They do what people like Coulter, Limbaugh and Fox News tell Trump they want. The GOp leadership has lost its backbone when it comes to Trump.

You are the one who said that Trump did not create the present problem with DACA, which was wrong.

Obama created DACA. It was a problem then. Trump tried to get rid of DACA. That's one way to fix the problem. There's a case in the courts right now that will decide whether DACA is Constitutional or not. If it's deemed unconstitutional then Pelosi, trying to play pathetic hardball, screwed the pooch. Trump offered her a way to avoid that possibility and she spit in his face.

And the rest of Americans who the democrats call racist doesn’t want a open border so I guess we’re not equal and you think that the democrats are going win because they say how everything goes? That’s a dictatorship and the last time I checked we’re a Republic

You Trumpsters constantly say that Dems want open borders because they don't want a wall, but that is bulls**t. Only stupid people actually believe the wall gives us any protection from the real problems on the border. Dems want border security as much as Trumpsters, but they are not dumb enough to think wasting 25 billion on a wall is the way to go.

They did, they said open the government and they would sit down and negotiate. They said they would not negotiate under the gun and I think that they are right.
Nope, that isn't what I am saying. The "open the govt now and we'll talking wall funding later" is a sucker ploy and Trump knows it. Wall funding, opening the government have to be part of ONE deal, one piece of legislation.

You Trumpsters constantly say that Dems want open borders because they don't want a wall, but that is bulls**t. Only stupid people actually believe the wall gives us any protection from the real problems on the border. Dems want border security as much as Trumpsters, but they are not dumb enough to think wasting 25 billion on a wall is the way to go.

And many dont want ICE or anything like it, and many want to let them vote, and many are so "welcoming" that they have designated their areas sanctuaries for those who are here illegally and and and...

Obama created DACA. It was a problem then. Trump tried to get rid of DACA. That's one way to fix the problem. There's a case in the courts right now that will decide whether DACA is Constitutional or not. If it's deemed unconstitutional then Pelosi, trying to play pathetic hardball, screwed the pooch. Trump offered her a way to avoid that possibility and she spit in his face.

Yes and by trying to get rid of DACA Trump created the present problem with the program. A vast majority of people in this country want DACA left alone. The last poll showed that 87% agree with Obama's decision on DACA. Trump caused the problem when he tried to satisfy the big three for him, Coulter, Limbaugh and the talking heads on Fox News.

Yes and by trying to get rid of DACA Trump created the present problem with the program. A vast majority of people in this country want DACA left alone. The last poll showed that 87% agree with Obama's decision on DACA. Trump caused the problem when he tried to satisfy the big three for him, Coulter, Limbaugh and the talking heads on Fox News.

Sure, a lot of people want DACA left alone. That's great. I mean, maybe it's unconstitutional and all but if the people want it then we should just hand it to them....by executive order. Is that REALLY what you're suggesting?

I mean those who have entered or remained illegally and are now seeking special (permanent resident?) status based entirely on having done so. BTW, how exactly can a minor be allowed to stay if their illegal immigrant parent or guardian is not also allowed to stay?
I would argue that those children were unwilling accomplices to their parents crimes. If you want to live by the letter of the law they should be charged same as their parents instead of giving them special dispensation for their crime.

Of course those who take that position will be immediately portrayed as monsters by the left. While I see your point about jumping I am empathetic to the fact these kids had not say in being brought here and think we can make some sort of accommodation for them.

The truth is that it's a very complex matter that was caused by illegal immigrants that are ignoring our laws and a gov that has not taken enforcement of the laws seriously for decades. Theres plenty of blame to go around on everyone.

At this point I think we need to have s proactive mindset and put the past mistakes behind us and create solutions that prevent the problem from continuing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DACA needs to be resolved by Congress, not by an Executive Order. That’s been Trump’s point all along. Unless, of course, you think that amount of power correctly resides with the President.

You'll have to use English if you want me to understand you.

If the president and democrats actually act like adults. They would have a legit conversation but the two democrats are not going try to make a effort to make a deal

Is this supposed to be humorous? You know it’s funny how you can joke around about the president daughter but, what would happen if the political party were switched that it obviously should have been. What if I or another republican said that about Chelsea? Well you are going ban that user because they suggested that Chelsea should do the same thing

Chelsea's not hot

Sure, a lot of people want DACA left alone. That's great. I mean, maybe it's unconstitutional and all but if the people want it then we should just hand it to them....by executive order. Is that REALLY what you're suggesting?

And why do you think it is unconstitutional. The lower court halted trump's attempt to end DACA and SCOTUS refused to take it up leaving the lower courts decision intact

If the president and democrats actually act like adults. They would have a legit conversation but the two democrats are not going try to make a effort to make a deal

We don't give deals to bank robbers who take hostages and issue demands. They don't get their submarine, helicopter, and certainly not their 100 million cash. Some go down fighting, and the rest eventually realize just how stupid they are being.

You don't actually believe that there's some principle here that requires the Dems make a deal just because Trump took federal workers and those who benefit from their services hostage and issued demands. You're only saying that because it's what you were instructed to say. Squawk as loudly as you like, we both know that each other knows that this is true. :shrug:

And of course, Trump said he would shut down government and own it, so it's doubly dishonest for you to pretend it's somehow the Dems fault he went and shut it down.

In fact, it is triply dishonest - that's extremely dishonest, btw, major sin territory - seeing as Trump didn't bother to ask for 5 billion when the GOP controlled the house too. He didn't ask. He didn't even spend last year's appropriations in full.

I'd advise you to stop making the long-term losing bet that non-Trumpists are so stupid that they are in capable of seeing this for the deliberate manufactured political stunt it is. But you won't. You've been told to make that losing bet. So you will.

Nope, that isn't what I am saying. The "open the govt now and we'll talking wall funding later" is a sucker ploy and Trump knows it. Wall funding, opening the government have to be part of ONE deal, one piece of legislation.

Sucker ploy, what a load. What Trump is doing is using his inability not to feel any empathy for anyone to win a political Point. If he really had wanted a wall so badly, where was he and the GOP for the past two years when they controlled the legislative and executive branches of our government. Now they are trying to force the wall down the throats of the American people who do not want the wall. And who can believe any "promise" Trump makes. I could see him negotiating and then blaming McConnell for not reopening the government once a deal is struck. Trump's lies make it impossible to believe any promise he makes. That is why the Dems and a majority of people say open the government first and then talk. Maybe you cons should not have been so willing to let Trump lie with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom