• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

I'll guess you criticizing the military is about as credible as me criticizing furries. That is, neither of us know a damn thing about the other.

Heres one thing i dont get, others in this forum bring up the topic of furries far more than i do.

Oh the you werent there so you can't know bit. That is funny. Like i said all the emotional hem hawwing is a tired old Bush era pablum,

You're speaking from ignorance and hate. You're ****ting on people, innocent people trying to do right and working hard.

Because you just gotta believe you're better than a whole group of people. I bet that makes you feel real valuable, real superior.

You go ahead and pretend that's not bigotry feeding insufficient self worth.

Heres one thing i dont get, others in this forum bring up the topic of furries far more than i do.

False. It's your ****ing avatar. You bring it up every post. How stupid.

Perhaps you can identify the point I made that has you upset.

And now you are going straight to "When will you stop beating your wife?" type of questions. So predictable. :mrgreen:

False. It's your ****ing avatar. You bring it up every post. How stupid.

Lol i have a furry avatar so that must be the subject of my every post or even what i post. I mean i know you get so triggered every time someone doesnt lick the boots of the military and coming from someone who still slavishly defends bush/cheney despite their record being resoundingly rejected by the American people when he was voted out but come on. Grow up.

You're speaking from ignorance and hate. You're ****ting on people, innocent people trying to do right and working hard.

Because you just gotta believe you're better than a whole group of people. I bet that makes you feel real valuable, real superior.

You go ahead and pretend that's not bigotry feeding insufficient self worth.

Its not about superiority boyo im sorry your sore fee fees are hurt but you can cut the jingoism.

Lol i have a furry avatar so that must be the subject of my every post or even what i post.

No one claimed it's the subject of your every post. I claimed you bring it up every post because it's your ****ing avatar. Now stop pretending to be a victim.

Its not about superiority boyo im sorry your sore fee fees are hurt but you can cut the jingoism.

Yeah, boyo, I'll cut the jingoism.

Take your pathetic bigotry somewhere else. It's a shame they defend you.

Yeah, boyo, I'll cut the jingoism.

Take your pathetic bigotry somewhere else. It's a shame they defend you.

Its still a shame you slavishly use the same talking points that have been rejected at the polls many times.

Its still a shame you slavishly use the same talking points that have been rejected at the polls many times.

It's a shame you **** on the military that keeps the savages from your door.

No one claimed it's the subject of your every post. I claimed you bring it up every post because it's your ****ing avatar. Now stop pretending to be a victim.

Victim? Dude you are just so mad. Yeah ecofarm has an eagle in his avatar, eagles are brought up in his every post derp derp derp. I was talking about in my posts when i said people bring it up more than i do derp.

It's a shame you **** on the military that keeps the savages from your door.

Yeah all those Iraqi savages that our country often excused the murder of, even Donnie Trump does it. Who is the bigot here?

Yeah all those Iraqi savages that our country often excused the murder of, even Donnie Trump does it. Who is the bigot here?

What do you think those Iraqis would do with a furry?

Victim? Dude you are just so mad. Yeah ecofarm has an eagle in his avatar, eagles are brought up in his every post derp derp derp. I was talking about in my posts when i said people bring it up more than i do derp.

You think being a furry goes over well in the developing world? The not-free world? The only thing between you and savages is the US military. You owe your life to them.

You think being a furry goes over well in the developing world? The not-free world? The only thing between you and savages is the US military. You owe your life to them.

Man you keep proving my point again and again. Why do you hate Iraqis? I dont owe **** especially to please someone who still dutifully defends the unending disaster that was the iraq war.

Ok now that the whaaaaambulance is out of the way, ill further clarify the original point.

Given the military times polling Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows

And

Strong support for Trump among veterans in new national poll

Still seems to show a larger approval rating for Trump among service members than the general population despite being still considerably low, why do you think that is? My original point was not even that blanket of a statement. I think trump appeals to the dirty harry mindset which is why he feels so comfortable encouraging not only a more brutal military but also a more brutal police force. This is also apparent in the war criminals that he pardons. What mindset do you think he is appealing to in order to gain such support? Why people think the military is stronger under him? This is about a certain segment of the military.

He represents the want of so many military personnel to be unshackled by the standards the US holds other countries under. The people that will tell you they are fighting for your freedom are often the ones who will say “we will do whatever is necessary to get the job done and mean literally anything.” Its a very dirty harry mindset that fails to realize that the world depicted in the movie is fictional.

I think your knowledge of the military seems about as extensive as Trumps.

I think your knowledge of the military seems about as extensive as Trumps.

That is fine. Perhaps my original post was rather faulty.

Lol i have a furry avatar so that must be the subject of my every post or even what i post. I mean i know you get so triggered every time someone doesnt lick the boots of the military and coming from someone who still slavishly defends bush/cheney despite their record being resoundingly rejected by the American people when he was voted out but come on. Grow up.
When exactly was Bush/Cheney voted out.

Looks like your knowledge of US politics is as about as deep as your knowledge of the US military.

Which it appears to be hovering around zero.

Link(s) to a story confirming the claim or just run away while adults laugh.

Do you have any idea of what you are speaking? I can't figure out what you think is the truth.

The beginning of this little back and forth
Originally Posted by Fishking
1. There won't be any personal loyalty oaths. That's just paranoid ramblings demonstrating a thing grasp on reality.

2. Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers. That's a more concerning action that what you're complaining about here.
Please provide your source for the claim about Obama purging the military. Might it be one of the following: The Blaze, World Net Daily or Breitbart?

Are you kidding? It wasn't any of your favorite news sources. Try the various service's "Times".

Link(s) to a story confirming the claim or just run away while adults laugh.

Do you have any idea of what you are speaking? I can't figure out what you think is the truth.

I've done a search or two and have not found a source for the claim that "Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers". Saying something is true while throwing in a casual denigration or two doesn't advance your's and others' claims about Obama giving the boot to "nearly 200 top-ranking officers".

No support - then some of us will say the original slur against Obama is little more than political slime. Your choice.

The enlisted men are the backbone of the service. It's their morale that matters. Any officers who aren't happy should resign their commissions and carry their asses, if they're more willing to place politics ahead of their sworn duty.

Enlisted are the backbone of the armed forces and the officer corps are the brains of it. Morale and espirit de corps includes all members of the force, ie, junior EP, NCO, officers up and down the ranks.

The armed force as unitary and whole has always been the case anywhere and during all of history. It's never going to change. EP call officers 'sir' or 'madam' while officers refer to EP by rank and surname.

So it's a two sided coin yet many only speak of the EP backbone of it. EP have the enlisted oath and officers have the officer oath. Both are to the Constitution only. This constitutes a difference but not a divide. The force is unitary and it remains cohesive. Face it, accept it and get used to it before it begins to look like you came out of the force with less than you carried and brought going into it.

Meanwhile:

Military Times poll: 44% of troops support President Trump. If you're in the military, you're more likely to support President Trump than not, according to a new poll. The Military Times poll found that 44% of all troops surveyed had a favorable view of the president, compared to 40% who had an unfavorable view.

Link to the survey you quoted by Military Times and year plse thx.

Military Times does surveys and polls in successive years, usually bi-anually.

The most recent survey by MT that I can find had Trump's approval at 44% and disapproval at 43%. That was in 2018.

In 2016, a MT poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared with 37 percent who disapproved.

3VOYRDE25BAUZJ36AFEEFS7HJ4.png

The headline on the 2018 survey that included the chart above said: "Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows"

Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows

Back
Top Bottom