• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

You made your opinion known.

Own it.

oh, i own exactly what i said (and not what you're trying to make it look like i said to save your face).

now, do you think honor and integrity in our military is important?

Very few will argue with your characterization of the officer and/or enlisted corps. What you missed, and is key, is that officers (and enlisted)who aren't happy should resign.

I'd be interested in what you mean by "...before it begins to look like you came out of the force with less than you carried and brought going into it."

While serving in the armed forces has its moments, times and great rewards it's not a particularly happy profession.

In affirming the oath both officers and enlisted make a sacred commitment to the Constitution, ie, to preserve it, to protect it, defend it.

To resign because it might be disconcerting or unpleasant others are not honoring their oath is to cut and run which is not the proper and avowed approach. Indeed, those who reject the Constitution should not seek public office or service in the armed forces. Those who nonetheless do manage to secure office or active duty service must be expelled forthwith.

oh, i own exactly what i said (and not what you're trying to make it look like i said to save your face).

now, do you think honor and integrity in our military is important?

Yes.

I thought you might get that from my response to your blanket condemnation.

Now that it is settled....

We as a nation like to believe that honor and integrity are really important to us in general and the military in particular.

Yet we celebrate a lot of folks who have been right bastards and have demonstrated the worst in honor and integrity.

What do you believe the feelings for FDR are with Japanese Americans of WWII?

How about suspension of Habeas Corpus under Lincoln.

Jackson and the Trail of Tears.

Trump sucks. I will be happy when he is gone. But compared to some of our "heros" he is a bit of a piker.

Yes.

I thought you might get that from my response to your blanket condemnation.

Now that it is settled....

We as a nation like to believe that honor and integrity are really important to us in general and the military in particular.

Yet we celebrate a lot of folks who have been right bastards and have demonstrated the worst in honor and integrity.

What do you believe the feelings for FDR are with Japanese Americans of WWII?

How about suspension of Habeas Corpus under Lincoln.

Jackson and the Trail of Tears.

Trump sucks. I will be happy when he is gone. But compared to some of our "heros" he is a bit of a piker.

What blanket condemnation? The one that you're trying to create? Where is the integrity in that?

So, if a military person lives their life by a code of honor and integrity, and then votes for the exact opposite, do they believe in honor and integrity in politics? Heck, answer the same question for anyone in any career.

What blanket condemnation? The one that you're trying to create? Where is the integrity in that?

So, if a military person lives their life by a code of honor and integrity, and then votes for the exact opposite, do they believe in honor and integrity in politics? Heck, answer the same question for anyone in any career.

Please share how a republican vote is the exact opposite of honor and integrity.

Last edited:

Any serviceman who becomes a politician checks his honor and integrity at the door.

Once again, the True Believer posts some words without support for their reality. Really, you think the American military is full of "groveling(sic) sycophants? Nice patriotism you got. I guess you believe the True American Militia will suffice in any oncoming conflict.

I have become acquainted with enough to know military officers can be some of the worst suckups in society. Nobody makes it to general grade officer without having strong recommendations from their superior officers. Anyone can see the temptation junior grade officers are under to please their bosses.

In fact, that is what Vindmann was doing except he did not know Trump was his boss, not leftist associates in the diplomatic corps.

I wonder what year it happened when it became fashionable for military men to become involved in politics?

Wasn't there a time in the US when professional military men remained above the dirt by not voting?

General George Washington had no idea what a can of worms he opened when he transitioned from the military into politics.

I think the poll is wrong. I believe his approval rating is much higher.

I would tend to agree. When you dig into the numbers, they are combining groups of people that could skew the results.

That being said, the numbers are the numbers.

I would tend to agree. When you dig into the numbers, they are combining groups of people that could skew the results.

That being said, the numbers are the numbers.

When the military sees a president going to bat for those who do the actual fighting and sacrificing and demanding that the brass give a soldier back his honor and dignity because he was fighting for AMERICA and was there for no reason other than he loved his country and wanted to protect it for meager pay and horrible working conditions, not to mention the daily possibility that he could be killed, what they will remember and know and tell their friends is that Trump has their back. They will spread the word that he cares about them and not some general or admiral or commander or higher up who uses a book of regulations of when someone should shoot or the brass being worried about how our enemy will perceive America as they were in the Obama years.

Combine that with Trump JOINING them in Afghanistan on thanksgiving and any poll that his him under 80% is a joke.

I haven't seen ANYONE "...embrace war crimes and war criminals", yet you mouth those words. I agree, he sucks as a person, not so bad as a leader, but he's SO much better that the alternative you offered.

You haven't seen anyone embrace war crimes and war criminals? Were you in a coma when Dubya held the office? Were you still in that coma when Barack refused to address the war crimes committed by his predecessor?

Where were you when Barack was committing his own war crimes weekly with drones?

Did you notice The Donald's embrace of the convicted Navy guy Gallagher?

Did you know that Bush & Co were convicted in absentia in Malaysia for war crimes in 2014?

Are you sleeping in God's Country?

General George Washington had no idea what a can of worms he opened when he transitioned from the military into politics.

Wasn't he rather "drafted" as POTUS by his contemporaries? Wasn't he also rather "drafted" as C-in-C of the brand spanking new Continental Army?

Those "top military leaders" are free to move on if they don't like Trump's decisions and actions.

But guess what...the military won't miss them if they do.

Of course you are not concerned about the significance of the brass losing confidence in their commander-in-chief

A rotting fish rots from the head down, and it sure as hell doesn't improve national security.

Of course you are not concerned about the significance of the brass losing confidence in their commander-in-chief

A rotting fish rots from the head down, and it sure as hell doesn't improve national security.

The brass are Obama holdovers who worry about how we are seen by our enemies.

The brass are Obama holdovers who worry about how we are seen by our enemies.

Of the 7 Joint Chiefs of Staff 5 are appointed by Trump. Trump will get the other two next year (AF & CG)

All theater and fleet commanders have turned over since Trump became Potus.

Trump is on his second confirmed SecDef and 5th if we include the three acting SecDef. I've lost count of the turnover and vacancies in Pentagon of deputy scty, assist secretaries, deputy asst sec and so on, all of which are subject to confirmation by the Senate.

Trump is a national defense disaster waiting to happen. And when it does happen Trump is going to have to stand on the carpet for it. Trump's afraid to stand on a rug as it is lest it gets pulled out from under him.

Incompetent argument.

I see your quote. Do you think he was more serious or less serious than when he asked Russia to find the 30,000 emails that Hillary illegally destroyed?

Of the 7 Joint Chiefs of Staff 5 are appointed by Trump. Trump will get the other two next year (AF & CG)

All theater and fleet commanders have turned over since Trump became Potus.

Trump is on his second confirmed SecDef and 5th if we include the three acting SecDef. I've lost count of the turnover and vacancies in Pentagon of deputy scty, assist secretaries, deputy asst sec and so on, all of which are subject to confirmation by the Senate.

Trump is a national defense disaster waiting to happen. And when it does happen Trump is going to have to stand on the carpet for it. Trump's afraid to stand on a rug as it is lest it gets pulled out from under him.

What they failed to understand is that he’s president and they are not.

PS. What was his line in The Apprentice?

People don’t like being fired and some sue their employers. Those that don’t run to Congress or write a book.

Keep dreaming...lol

You're all wet apdst.

Neither do I appreciate the thought thx anyway. :lamo

Any serviceman who becomes a politician checks his honor and integrity at the door.

Let's start with Pompeo today.

Then continue down the line of rightwingers tomorrow and so on each day.

Sen. Tom Cotton for instance served in my unit (well after I did of course), 3rd Inf Rgt, The Old Guard of the Army at Ft. Myer next to the Pentagon. Cotton was a PN leader 1LT. After his time in the Army Infantry Cotton who's a Republican got elected to the Senate from his native state of Arkansas. Cotton is among the vast majority of veterans whose color and votes are the standard issue red.

People don’t like being fired and some sue their employers. Those that don’t run to Congress or write a book.

Trump bellowed during the campaign that he'll "fire the generals" yet all Trump has done is appoint 'em and also promote 'em.

After which they start giving Trump the free finger salute.

Trump hasn't fired a general or an admiral. Hell, in the Gallagher case Trump can't even ship out a CPO. Trump doesn't have the brass. So Trump promoted Gallagher back to what he was before was found guilty by a court martial.

Trump's bone spurs must be acting up lately.

“The brass” [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Funny how some "Libertarians" appear to worship Authoritarians. Could it be they don't actually have libertarian beliefs? Who knows; their words don't fit with what I know of libertarian philosophy.

Trump bellowed during the campaign that he'll "fire the generals" yet all Trump has done is appoint 'em and also promote 'em.

After which they start giving Trump the free finger salute.

Trump hasn't fired a general or an admiral. Hell, in the Gallagher case Trump can't even ship out a CPO. Trump doesn't have the brass. So Trump promoted Gallagher back to what he was before was found guilty by a court martial.

Trump's bone spurs must be acting up lately.

They are like dogs with tails between their legs because they got caught crapping all over the place and Trump spanked them with the New York Times newspaper that had a pee stain on an article about how great Admirals were.

Back
Top Bottom