• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman accuses Al Franken of kissing, groping her without consent (1 Viewer)

Having read Franken's first statement, his political future rests on several points:

1)Was his apology sufficient in its effort to express remorse and take responsibility for his actions?
2)Will people accept that remorse, and believe that he is not the human being represented by that action?
3)Was this an isolated incident or was it part of a pattern of behavior like with Clinton, Trump, Moore and the bevy of Hollywood personalities this year?
4)Will Leeann Tweeden forgive him?

#1 and #2 are too subjective to say, and only time will tell. #3 will end him in a New York minute if more cases come out. #4 is the least subjective: Tweeden either forgives him or she doesn't, but her response will be important to his image.

In a news conference, Tweeden said, "Nothing like that is every funny. I mean, is it funny if he does that to your sister or your daughter or your wife?"

that is her response.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/16/5645...-of-sexual-assault-by-la-model-and-radio-host

Based on the picture it looks to me like he's just pretending to grab her. Bad joke, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't compare to anything Roy Moore has done. The kiss sounds worse to me, but it is true that actors and actresses do these kinds of things. Certainly not Franken at his best, but nothing that comes close to warranting anything more than an apology.

Forcing deep tougue.?

Saying he was glad a "homo" got killed.?

Stalking women?

Real classy guy .....huh!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is some sort of publicity stunt by Tweeden. She isn't exactly the most credible person. She used to be a playboy model and was a popular host on Fox Sports. I completely forgot about her.

true. it could go that way. but I'm also hearing about a second accuser. So I guess we have to see which way the story goes.

In a news conference, Tweeden said, "Nothing like that is every funny. I mean, is it funny if he does that to your sister or your daughter or your wife?"

that is her response.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/16/5645...-of-sexual-assault-by-la-model-and-radio-host

The response I'm referring to is the one she makes in response to his full statement. I'm well aware of how she feels about this incident, and there should be absolutely no debate that she's right to feel this way.

So she needed to dress up like a "soldier...in a Bullet proof vest"?...Flying over...What a joke

The army requires the gear. And yes, it's dangerous flying over a war zone. Small arms fire and even RPGs can easily penetrate the skin of an aircraft. But your misogynistic tone is duly noted. :roll:

Yes he manned up and admitted to something crass and stupid.....Hey Roy you child predator, did you hear that you self righteous Christ hiding moron

The accuser gave a press conference a little while ago. The picture was taken two weeks after the alleged unwanted tongue kiss, and after she had been giving him the cold shoulder for the entire tour. He was also allegedly an asshole to her for the duration of the tour, and did sophomoric tormenting of her such as drawing devil horns and goatee on promotional pictures of her. So that adds a little context to the "harmless" pic of him with his hands hovering over her breasts. If true, this makes the picture pretty malicious IMO.

yeah when someone says kiss it usually means a kiss on the lips or something not sliding your tongue down their throat.
Nope he said he actually touched her and groped her. they weren't hovering they were on top of.

Dude, what he is being accused of here is not excusable.

I'm just going to say that unless Franken has a super convincing response to this, he needs to step down. If the story is as it appears, then remaining a Senator will be a stain on the Democratic party.

It's inexcusable and gross. And yes, that's very likely what will happen. Democrats don't need another Democratic Senatorial race to fight over right now, which is really inconvenient, but the likelihood that Al Franken's political career survives this is low.

But it is nonetheless even more disgusting that while Democrats will make their candidates drop out for sexually harassment/assault (good), Republicans are literally defending and applauding a man who serially preyed on young girls, including routine sexual assault, attempted rape, and numerous cases of statutory rape. So yeah, Al Franken should step down, but Roy Moore should be serving a ****ing life sentence --and he's still lying about it and will not fess up. And we live in a world where the guy who forcibly kissed a woman will lose his job, but a serial child molester is poised to win an election. I'm not crying for Al Franken, but it's not unjustifiable to be exasperated at how loathsome the Alabama Republican party is. It's worse because you know that Republican partisans are getting starry-eyed and frothing at the mouth over this being released, but they didn't bat an eye-lash at defending Roy Moore and are happy that this might divert attention off of Roy Moore. Again, that makes me sick, too.

I don't think that you're right. I can understand the frustration you feel when a party spends weeks defending a child molester, and then pounces on Franken immediately after this accusation. If the Democratic party decides not to treat this seriously that is a slap in the face of the values they say they promote. This isn't about taking the high road as much as it is about doing what's right. The advantage in these situations will always swing Republican. That's the price Democrats have to pay for being the party that promotes women's rights.

When it comes to politics, the Bannons, the Hannity's, the Limbaughs (who called a private citizen a slut for 3 days on his show because he didn't agree with her) ,and all these POS spewing their hate for YEARS have proved that being mean and vile works, because the country still elected a POS like Trump.. So now I'm all for fighting fire with fire.

It's a reality show, facebook world we live in now.... Taking the 'high road' doesn't work anymore. Got to get just as dirty and nasty as the Con media and the GOP is.

If there is no settling out of court criminal charges... then there will also be a huge drop in false accusations that seek to enrich off of settling out of court.

That is likely true but I'm against legislating that. Might as well make it legal to kill someone who blackmails you. It would also solve the problem, but would also be open to abuse.

It's inexcusable and gross. And yes, that's very likely what will happen. Democrats don't need another Democratic Senatorial race to fight over right now, which is really inconvenient, but the likelihood that Al Franken's political career survives this is low.

But it is nonetheless even more disgusting that while Democrats will make their candidates drop out for sexually harassment/assault (good), Republicans are literally defending and applauding a man who serially preyed on young girls, including routine sexual assault, attempted rape, and numerous cases of statutory rape. So yeah, Al Franken should step down, but Roy Moore should be serving a ****ing life sentence --and he's still lying about it and will not fess up. And we live in a world where the guy who forcibly kissed a woman will lose his job, but a serial child molester is poised to win an election. I'm not crying for Al Franken, but it's not unjustifiable to be exasperated at how loathsome the Alabama Republican party is. It's worse because you know that Republican partisans are getting starry-eyed and frothing at the mouth over this being released, but they didn't bat an eye-lash at defending Roy Moore and are happy that this might divert attention off of Roy Moore. Again, that makes me sick, too.

Moore's betting odds have skyrocketed since this came out. The logic appears to be "Their guy groped a woman, so our child molester can't be all bad." I have no words.

Please reread my post. I DID NOT say only ONE side is doing these bad things. Be honest about what I wrote or brush up on your reading skills.

I said since the Cons and 'family values' Fundies don't give a rats ass when their side is caught being pigs and being 'unChristian', so when the other side is caught they shouldn't care either.

Write better and you won't have people read something you didn't intend.

Make sure you hold Jeff Sessions to that same level of scrutiny. Franken has apologized.

Does that make the woman feel any less violated?

The response I'm referring to is the one she makes in response to his full statement. I'm well aware of how she feels about this incident, and there should be absolutely no debate that she's right to feel this way.

Roy Moore Accuses Mitch McConnell Of Hypocrisy In Al Franken Allegations | Deadline

that is part of her full response.
doens't change the fact he did it.

he should be removed like anyone else would be. the senate should vote immediately on ethic violations and dismiss him.
they are going to automatically eject moore if he wins before he even gets there.

He confessed immediately because of the picture.. As far as what the picture shows, He may not be touching her at that precise moment, but what about before or after the picture was taken?

probably many witnesses ( on the plane) can confirm/deny what happened..

And what happens if so more women come forward with accusations? It's only day 1 for Al..

djl

When it comes to politics, the Bannons, the Hannity's, the Limbaughs (who called a private citizen a slut for 3 days on his show because he didn't agree with her) ,and all these POS spewing their hate for YEARS have proved that being mean and vile works, because the country still elected a POS like Trump.. So now I'm all for fighting fire with fire.

It's a reality show, facebook world we live in now.... Taking the 'high road' doesn't work anymore. Got to get just as dirty and nasty as the Con media and the GOP is.

Expect to see the number of Independents soar. The future of the main parties will be determined by an ever shrinking group of angry and vile people.

Not to mention, the fake grope was over body armor that is made to stop a bullet.

The kiss if what she said was true is pretty gross but she needs to pull herself out of the fetal position in the shower. Calling that a "grope" really makes me think she has a tendency to overact.

Wow. Who's making excuses now.

Write better and you won't have people read something you didn't intend.

I explained it fine. As even others have pointed out. I did NOT even come close to saying 'only one side' commits sexual harassment. Not even close!

The problem you had was because of your rush to be partisan, you misunderstood.

Expect to see the number of Independents soar. The future of the main parties will be determined by an ever shrinking group of angry and vile people.

I hope you are right, but seeing what's going on in Alabama? I'm not so sure.

Roy Moore Accuses Mitch McConnell Of Hypocrisy In Al Franken Allegations | Deadline

that is part of her full response.
doens't change the fact he did it.

he should be removed like anyone else would be. the senate should vote immediately on ethic violations and dismiss him.
they are going to automatically eject moore if he wins before he even gets there.

So she accepted his apology then. She goes on to say that there was nothing funny about what he did, which I hope nobody is doubting. Her acceptance of his apology won't matter to everybody, of course, but it is important.

Not to mention, the fake grope was over body armor that is made to stop a bullet.

The kiss if what she said was true is pretty gross but she needs to pull herself out of the fetal position in the shower. Calling that a "grope" really makes me think she has a tendency to overact.

So it's OK to grope sometimes? Strange

touching someone's private parts without permission is groping even if it is barely touching.
so why are you trying to excuse it?

in this case we actually have evidence and picture evidence that he groped her.

It's kinda clear his hands are above her chest, not touching them.

true. it could go that way. but I'm also hearing about a second accuser. So I guess we have to see which way the story goes.

Like I said with the Moore situation, let's wait for the all the facts before making judgement.

Tweeden is a former model/playmate. I'm sure she has been around......

*sniff sniff * You smell that? It smells like rank hypocrisy in here. Somebody please open a window. Pew!

Yet you defend Moore.
Look in the mirror and face your hypocrisy. Then condemn Moore.

You don't find it the least bit suspicious that none of this surfaced in over four decades (that's forty years, in case you don't know)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom