• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you vote for more regulations, higher taxes and Government intrusion in your life in November?

Will you be voting be voting for Democrats in November?

• Yes I am voting for the Democrats in the upcoming election

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • No I am voting GOP

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • OTHER Below

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were part of that party that insisted on balanced budgets, lower spending, and less debt. Now you are in favor of bigger and bigger deficits. Such hypocrisy!

I'm and Independent. I do favor all of that but don't expect me to vote Democratic just because those things aren't happening.

Permanent tax cuts for the rich and more being discussed while everyone else got temporary cuts that actually do not amount to squat. All the while spending is increased, not very conservative in any sense, run your household budget that way and you will see the inside of a bankruptcy court quickly. Sooner or later we are going to pay the piper and if you think the last super Recession was bad you haven't seen a thing yet. In the end the results will fall squarely on trump and the Repubs and will be a long time before the American People will trust the GOP to have full control of the Nation.

That's the way the country goes. One party gets into power and screws up, causing voters to vote the other party into power and then when they screw up voters vote the other party back into power. The solution is getting rid of BOTH parties.

Also part of the Cal Caliphate, happy to have a gov who cares about the enviornment, a legislature that provides for the less fortunate, and an economy so powerful it has created a huge problem with very high housing costs and homelessness, a problem the state and local governments are struggling with, but at least trying to address. No wonder Trump hates us.

By the way, I forgot to say, great line about "selling straws."

Wow, it took 9 pages for you to bring up Obama or Hilary. I'm impressed that you managed to stick to the topic for so long. I happen to think that stopping Trump from tearing the country apart is a good idea. The best way for me to do that is to vote for Democrats, so that's what I'm going to do.

Seems context means nothing to you. Let's review the post I quoted. "Even those R's who speak out against Trump from time to time vote with him over 90% of the time. Sending any R to congress helps Trump." I asked if what the poster was saying was the same when the Dems in Congress had a Democratic President. The point is members of Congress tend to vote along party lines.

You really believe the US is going to be torn apart within the next couple of years. I don't. I do believe there is a divide on what is proper way to address illegal immigration, health care and taxes.

I'm and Independent. I do favor all of that but don't expect me to vote Democratic just because those things aren't happening.
\\

I am sure you were one of those who yelled and screamed at debt increases during the Obama years, but now say absolutely nothing.

Actually, it isn't. I've already figured it up. If this tax plan had been in place last year, I would have paid $5400 less in taxes. I don't compare myself to others so don't give me any crap about how my tax break is peanuts compared to some rich dude. $5400 is not peanuts.

I only have one thing to say, you are all BS. Lie, lie, and lie.

Really? You can document this? Because if you cannot, then it is opinion, not fact. I understand the difference.

So, you refuse to even acknowledge that both sides do it. All you have to do is look at the thread titles and it is very easy to see that there is TDS post after TDS post after TDS post. You can just pick out two or three far lefties and between just those few, it makes up a huge proportion of the troll threads.

Trump's health could also very well come into play....both mental and physical IMO.

Lets all hope he continues to shove those Big Macs in his pie hole. The pics of him on the golf course in NJ, he is going to give Taft a run for his money in the large category. If you ask me, Storny earned that money, and should have charged him by the pound, not the minute.

It never, ever ceases to amaze me that you continue to vote for a party who still struggles with whether you are a human being. But that's your choice, and I can't make it for you. :shrug:

That is leftist propaganda. Republicans are fighting a war on women, a war on minorities, a war on the poor, a war on immigrants, a war on seniors, and they are racists, bigots, and misogynists and yet voters voted 1000 Democrats out of office in favor of Republicans and voted in a Republican House, Senate, and president along with 2/3's of the states having Republican governors and state legislatures. You see the world through your own set of tinted glasses. Voters aren't believing that leftist propaganda anymore.

Also part of the Cal Caliphate, happy to have a gov who cares about the enviornment, a legislature that provides for the less fortunate, and an economy so powerful it has created a huge problem with very high housing costs and homelessness, a problem the state and local governments are struggling with, but at least trying to address. No wonder Trump hates us.

Are you voting for the giant turd statue honoring the states horrific slide in to third world status?

Lets all hope he continues to shove those Big Macs in his pie hole. The pics of him on the golf course in NJ, he is going to give Taft a run for his money in the large category. If you ask me, Storny earned that money, and should have charged him by the pound, not the minute.

I hear he has them delivered by the pallet to his sleeping quarters.Hope is also washing them down with greasy arsed fries and buttloads of sugar.

I'm voting for higher taxes and regulation, particularly regulations that prevent businesses from ****ing over their customers, the environment, and their workers, I'd vote for regulations that reestablish rules for Wall St that were axed during the Clinton administration.

It's disingenuous, or perhaps, a bit ignorant, to characterize just the Democrats as being the party of 'intrusions in our lives'. Conservative rhetoric paints themselves as the small-government party, but in truth, the Democratic and Republican party both intrude in their own way. You may be just fine with turning the country into the Christian version of Saudi Arabia, but I'd like to keep the religious right out of our schools, and out of my face. I want to legalize, tax, and regulate drugs and prostitution. Homosexuals should have gained the right to marry back in the 1990's, when reminding ourselves of how progressive we'd supposedly become had become a catchphrase.

The mantle you're trying to claim belongs to the Libertarians. I don't personally believe the ideology is viable in today's world, but if anyone has the right to look down their noses at other parties and ideologies for a lack of freedom, it's those guys. Expand beyond the tired rhetoric.

As for whether or not I'm actually voting for the Democrats, it really depends. If a Justice Democrat, a Green, or similar alternative is available, I'll vote for that person. At this point, I'm far more concerned with changing the Dems and replacing people like Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi, and Claire Mccaskill than I am with the meaningless power struggle between the Republicans and Democrats. The ****ers vote with the president more often than not, anyway.

Seems context means nothing to you. Let's review the post I quoted. "Even those R's who speak out against Trump from time to time vote with him over 90% of the time. Sending any R to congress helps Trump." I asked if what the poster was saying was the same when the Dems in Congress had a Democratic President. The point is members of Congress tend to vote along party lines.

You really believe the US is going to be torn apart within the next couple of years. I don't. I do believe there is a divide on what is proper way to address illegal immigration, health care and taxes.

Precisely! Congress people do vote along party lines, which is why I'm not voting for Republicans. You are certainly entitled to your opinions as I am entitled to mine. Mine is that I should do what I can to stop Trump from doing monstrous things like confiscating peoples children and deporting them.

I hear he has them delivered by the pallet to his sleeping quarters.Hope is also washing them down with greasy arsed fries and buttloads of sugar.

It was never Trumps policies that turned me off, it is his repugnant personality. The man began his political career with a lie, Obamas BC, and the lies keep coming. The Dems are lacking in some areas, but an effective opposition is sorely needed to nueter this sorry excuse of a leader. The Art of the Con, suckers !!

So, you refuse to even acknowledge that both sides do it. All you have to do is look at the thread titles and it is very easy to see that there is TDS post after TDS post after TDS post. You can just pick out two or three far lefties and between just those few, it makes up a huge proportion of the troll threads.

I did not claim, nor did I suggest, nor did I imply that only one side does it. In fact, I said the opposite. Why the need to lie?

So can you document your claim, or are you willing to admit it is simply made up bull****?

Precisely! Congress people do vote along party lines, which is why I'm not voting for Republicans. You are certainly entitled to your opinions as I am entitled to mine. Mine is that I should do what I can to stop Trump from doing monstrous things like confiscating peoples children and deporting them.

Congress . . .people? That's an odd way of putting it.

Seems you support illegal immigration. I don't.
I don't agree with the way Trump has handled separation of families. I do agree that illegal immigration needs to be stopped.

Good, you like less money in your pocket, and more unemployment. Glad to know that.

So you're one of those people that think Trump deserves credit for time passing huh? Unemployment has been decreasing for years.

No, the odds are insignificant. He does not have the power to destroy America.

Also, "tRump" is incredibly juvenile. Why do you strive so hard to be like Trump?

I'm so sorry you feel that way.

I'll explain it slowly. The 5% of the Dem platform that deals with who I am, I like. the 95% that abhors me, economically, politically and justice wise... Doesn't over come that.

Whatever. :roll:

I'm more than just a transwoman with a narrow single issue the defines my politics.

Nobody's telling you what to do. Just pointing out a glaring inconsistency in your views. But like I said, i can't tell you how to vote.

But you would have done the very same thing if some other Republican had won.

this is a bit different. i would have rolled my eyes at the other candidates and voted to divide congress, but i wouldn't have had to wake up to this utter idiocy every day and the fear that the asshole will start a war before we can vote him out. no, this is something else. i'm pissed off, and Republicans have probably gained my active opposition for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom