• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you vote for more regulations, higher taxes and Government intrusion in your life in November?

Will you be voting be voting for Democrats in November?

• Yes I am voting for the Democrats in the upcoming election

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • No I am voting GOP

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • OTHER Below

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah - I'm not voting in the AZ elections this cycle and if you are truly voting the best candidate in AZ and not for the party you will probably be picking some of the same choices.

Already voted for the primary in AZ. Was referring more to when the National election occurs.

Some of the people running for office regardless of party affiliation disappoint me in the positions they have on a number of issues.

Already voted for the primary in AZ. Was referring more to when the National election occurs.

Some of the people running for office regardless of party affiliation disappoint me in the positions they have on a number of issues.

In my best guess - and it is just a guess - Trumpism will be dead by 2020. Also if you vote the best candidate (and it sounds like you will) it would be fairly tough for a candidate to be worse than Trump on the national stage. Dems aren't putting Hillary back out there.

I say it will be dead because either A. Trump will be impeached (doubtful but possible) B. Republicans will replace him or C. (most likely IMO) Trump will decide he is tired of politics.

What a stupid question, why should this country stand by when the tax system is designed to move all the main wealth of this country into the hands of the wealthy Reagan's trickle down lie, what did people think was going to happen when the top tax bracket went from 70% to 28%. What happened since then all profits other then pennies of gone into the hands of the wealthy. and the working people in this country got a little more then nothing , to nothing , to less then nothing. While the wealthy had income raises of 100%.

View attachment 67237952

Question. What right do the less wealthy have, to the wealth of those with more?

REGULATIONS lets be real on that, the right whines about that non stop and tells everyone examples of the goofiest regulations that exist. The reality is that when the hate party gets into office, they only go after regulations that effect profits and save the goofy ones like they are gold , wonder why. Fact,laws are written to protect the civilization from criminals in our society while regulations are written to protect civilization from criminals in business. All you puppets are simply working totally against your best interest. There is no hate party politician that cares about you unless your income is through the ceiling , that is the only people the hate party supports . They care nothing about, The guns and abortions and the church unless it means money in their hands ,

In my best guess - and it is just a guess - Trumpism will be dead by 2020. Also if you vote the best candidate (and it sounds like you will) it would be fairly tough for a candidate to be worse than Trump on the national stage. Dems aren't putting Hillary back out there.

I say it will be dead because either A. Trump will be impeached (doubtful but possible) B. Republicans will replace him or C. (most likely IMO) Trump will decide he is tired of politics.

Trump's health could also very well come into play....both mental and physical IMO.

I was talking to my financial advisor/friend/tax guy a couple of days ago.He told me we no longer get those 'personal exemptions' ( about 4500 per person per year ) deductions .Have you heard anything about this,and whether or not it is part of Trump's new tax laws,or was it already set to go into effect this year?....if you know

From: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...ions-exemption-amounts-and-more/#5a7de5df3133
There will be no personal exemption amounts for 2018.

Thanks MTA..Do you know if the marriage exemption was raised or lowered...thx in advance.

It never, ever ceases to amaze me that you continue to vote for a party who still struggles with whether you are a human being. But that's your choice, and I can't make it for you. :shrug:

I'll explain it slowly. The 5% of the Dem platform that deals with who I am, I like. the 95% that abhors me, economically, politically and justice wise... Doesn't over come that. I'm more than just a transwoman with a narrow single issue the defines my politics.

Question. What right do the less wealthy have, to the wealth of those with more?
What right does the wealthy have to make their politicians make tax law that gives every dime of new profit from the richest country in the world directly to them. Also tell me what you think the wealthy did to get all the profits and nothing for the working class. You think they got smarter all of a sudden, or worked harder ,tell me why they should get it all? Do you know what the main reason why capitalism is the way for all economies, because of the promise of the possibility to get ahead and now that has been taken away for the last 45 years , tell me what you think will happen to a system that depends on that promise to possibly get ahead. Read any book on capitalism. The system dies and in this country, it will take the country with it. Your nothing but a puppet to the right. Your working against the best interest of my country, your selling this country out.

Tell me, Redress: How high do the odds of a plane crash need for you to be for you to not get on that plane? One-in-50? One-in-1000? One-in-a-million?

The point being, it doesn't matter that the odds of tRump's destroying democracy in America are small. It matters that they're not insignificantly small.

No, the odds are insignificant. He does not have the power to destroy America.

Also, "tRump" is incredibly juvenile. Why do you strive so hard to be like Trump?

The right sold out this country when they elected a hate candidate that sold out this country. Scum bag is only a whipping dog for Putin. A mentally disturbed hate machine that exist for only one person and who cares nothing about the population of this country. He is simply a hate monger.

Interesting. You do know that what most of what a President wants to accomplish has to be passed by Congress. There are people running for Congress that are D, R, and I, that do not support President Trump in all of his ideas. So you are going to just vote D without looking at who is the best candidate. Your choice. Not mine.

(side note. I did not vote for Trump).

Even those R's who speak out against Trump from time to time vote with him over 90% of the time. Sending any R to congress helps Trump.

I have a pet theory that the reason that Congress went to the Republicans in 2016 is that the people "knew" that Clinton would win, and wanted a Republican Congress to constrain her. I believe much the same motive will be involved in how people vote this November.

I think it was simply the result of the gerrymandering done in 2010. Republicans supported Trump.

Even those R's who speak out against Trump from time to time vote with him over 90% of the time. Sending any R to congress helps Trump.

Like Dems voting for Obama or other past Dem Presidents, right? :mrgreen:

There is only so much a President can do without Congress. Trump will eventual no longer be President. No matter who is the President, Congress needs to act on health care, immigration, and Federal spending. Voting anti "R" because someone dislikes Trump is a poor way to vote imo.

What right does the wealthy have to make their politicians make tax law that gives every dime of new profit from the richest country in the world directly to them. Also tell me what you think the wealthy did to get all the profits and nothing for the working class. You think they got smarter all of a sudden, or worked harder ,tell me why they should get it all? Do you know what the main reason why capitalism is the way for all economies, because of the promise of the possibility to get ahead and now that has been taken away for the last 45 years , tell me what you think will happen to a system that depends on that promise to possibly get ahead. Read any book on capitalism. The system dies and in this country, it will take the country with it. Your nothing but a puppet to the right. Your working against the best interest of my country, your selling this country out.

Yes, they got rich stealing from poor people. You know, studies show thieves target the dirt poor, cause that's where the money is!

It has a lot to do with Trump. I want to put obstacles in his way at the polls and to punish those who put us all at risk by giving him control of the military.

But you would have done the very same thing if some other Republican had won.

Basically, are you voting for Democrats?

I highly doubt I'll ever again vote for any Republican. The damages they have inflicted on this country during the past 500 days is unprecedented.

The party of cowards, enablers, bigotry/racism, thieves for the wealthy/corporations, and they don't give a hot damn about election meddling.

I highly doubt I'll ever again vote for any Republican. The damages they have inflicted on this country during the past 500 days is unprecedented.

The party of cowards, enablers, bigotry/racism, thieves for the wealthy/corporations, and they don't give a hot damn about election meddling.

Can you list those damaging things?

I'm so poor in California, I stand outside restaurants selling straws to people as they go in. It's just a matter of time until I get arrested. Help me!

California elections are gamed so as to only lets us choose between stupid and dumb.

Also part of the Cal Caliphate, happy to have a gov who cares about the enviornment, a legislature that provides for the less fortunate, and an economy so powerful it has created a huge problem with very high housing costs and homelessness, a problem the state and local governments are struggling with, but at least trying to address. No wonder Trump hates us.

I'm definitely voting for democrats.

Your tax break was peanuts!

Actually, it isn't. I've already figured it up. If this tax plan had been in place last year, I would have paid $5400 less in taxes. I don't compare myself to others so don't give me any crap about how my tax break is peanuts compared to some rich dude. $5400 is not peanuts.

Like Dems voting for Obama or other past Dem Presidents, right? :mrgreen:

There is only so much a President can do without Congress. Trump will eventual no longer be President. No matter who is the President, Congress needs to act on health care, immigration, and Federal spending. Voting anti "R" because someone dislikes Trump is a poor way to vote imo.

Wow, it took 9 pages for you to bring up Obama or Hilary. I'm impressed that you managed to stick to the topic for so long. I happen to think that stopping Trump from tearing the country apart is a good idea. The best way for me to do that is to vote for Democrats, so that's what I'm going to do.

No, I'm not allocating an hour or more to your flaccid thread.

So you can't back up your statement, you just "GOP BAD". Got it. Look, it's cool, intellectual laziness is common among those whose feelings trump their ability to think clearly and articulate a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom