• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Bill O'Reilly Survive His Latest Scandal and Remain on the Air?

Will O'Reilly Survive His Current Scandal?

• Yes, he's done it before and will again.

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Nope. Put a fork in Bill, he's done!

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Other - (e.g. He'll come back on another network, like Beck)

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
The crowd that watches him on FOX still love him and will stay with him. As long as he is a mean angry SOB who hates liberals and blames them for the ills of the world - he will always have a FOX platform.

When a man talks dirty to a woman, he risks being accused of sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, she charges $4.95 per minute.

I voted these accusations topple O'Reilly.

I expect his latest book to flop, and for us to find out that after attorney fees, his latest divorce and bad investments, he really doesn't have millions of $$$$ squirreled away.

Near destitute, O'Reilly takes a server's job in Reinoe's favorite cheap restaurant and must rely on tips to pay bills.

Not if advertisers won't touch his toxic ass.
If other advertisers move in it won't matter.

What I always find interesting in cases like this is when/if some advertisers quietly move back in after the dust settles and no one is paying attention anymore.

Violates? Is there a rape accusation here?

A person can feel violated even though no rape was involved. Inappropriate touching, comments, gestures, etc. are all forms of violation - anytime a person crosses a boundary with another person there is a degree of violation.

The crowd that watches him on FOX still love him and will stay with him. As long as he is a mean angry SOB who hates liberals and blames them for the ills of the world - he will always have a FOX platform.

Sad but true!

We get it. You like O'Reilly.

As for those 'top of the slot ratings', expect them to fall precipitously much like shares of United Airlines has the last few days.

Maybe he will or maybe he won't. His ratings sure haven't suffered so far and this last ugly story has been circulating for awhile. And I actually don't like O'Reilly that much--I do usually watch his opening monologue and maybe stay if he has an unusually interesting guest, but for the most part he irritates me no end by talking over most of his guests even when they are saying something I want to hear. So I don't stay with his full program most days.

But remember how many times you guys have declared Rush Limbaugh done for, dead, over, finished? He's still #1 in all markets and against all other programming in his time slot and all but two other time slots in a 24 hours period. (NPR drive time programs morning and evening do a bit better than Rush, but they aren't competing against him either.)

And O'Reilly remains #1 in his time slot.

I know that frustrates you guys no end, but the more the politics of personal destruction are applied maliciously to people you hate, the more it is likely to work against your purposes. And that is a good thing. :)

Maybe he will or maybe he won't. His ratings sure haven't suffered so far and this last ugly story has been circulating for awhile. And I actually don't like O'Reilly that much--I do usually watch his opening monologue and maybe stay if he has an unusually interesting guest, but for the most part he irritates me no end by talking over most of his guests even when they are saying something I want to hear. So I don't stay with his full program most days.

But remember how many times you guys have declared Rush Limbaugh done for, dead, over, finished? He's still #1 in all markets and against all other programming in his time slot and all but two other time slots in a 24 hours period. (NPR drive time programs morning and evening do a bit better than Rush, but they aren't competing against him either.)

I know that frustrates you guys no end, but the more the politics of personal destruction are applied maliciously to people you hate, the more it is likely to work against your purposes. And that is a good thing. :)

It won't matter how popular he is if no one will sponsor his show because there are a lot more people not buying a Mercedes because they sponsor a craphead than buy one because they watch that stupid show.

It won't matter how popular he is if no one will sponsor his show because there are a lot more people not buying a Mercedes because they sponsor a craphead than buy one because they watch that stupid show.

Like I said, I watched some of his program last night and there were just as many ads aired as there ever were. There are plenty of people willing to advertise on the highest rated TV program to replace those who think they're somehow smart not to do that. And I'm pretty sure those replacing the scaredycats or morally superior companies aren't doing so at reduced rates either.

We shall see if O'Reilly remains popular. Like you, his dominance during interviews on his show annoy me.

Rush does not annoy me because I have never taken that pompous windbag serious. I wonder if he ever weaned off the pain killers?

But according to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last. Lawyers for the law firm Paul, Weiss, hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, are currently doing a “deep dive” investigation into O’Reilly’s behavior. They’re focused now on sexual harassment claims by O’Reilly guest Wendy Walsh after she reported her claims via the company’s anonymous hotline.

Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O’Reilly, sources said. But O’Reilly’s future is in the hands of the Murdochs. “It’s up to the family,” the senior Fox News staffer said. The Murdochs are presently divided over how to handle it. Two highly placed Fox News sources say 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch would like O’Reilly to be permanently taken off the air, while his father, Rupert, and older brother, Lachlan, are more inclined to keep him. (A spokesperson for the Murdochs declined to comment.)
Is Bill O'''Reilly Going Off the Air?

Keeping on the trail of my prediction of three days ago here at DP that O'Reilly gets retired now because of this.

We shall see if O'Reilly remains popular. Like you, his dominance during interviews on his show annoy me.

Rush does not annoy me because I have never taken that pompous windbag serious. I wonder if he ever weaned off the pain killers?

Well O'Reilly either will or he won't. But so far he hasn't. As for Rush, I do believe he beat his addiction and is doing just fine and my hat is off to him. Once addicted, it takes extreme courage and determination to get free. Only the lowest low lifes would continue to berate a person who had managed to do it.

Well O'Reilly either will or he won't. But so far he hasn't. As for Rush, I do believe he beat his addiction and is doing just fine and my hat is off to him. Once addicted, it takes extreme courage and determination to get free. Only the lowest low lifes would continue to berate a person who had managed to do it.

I can use one word to describe Rush - BOMBASTIC!

Like I said, I watched some of his program last night and there were just as many ads aired as there ever were. There are plenty of people willing to advertise on the highest rated TV program to replace those who think they're somehow smart not to do that. And I'm pretty sure those replacing the scaredycats or morally superior companies aren't doing so at reduced rates either.

Big difference between ads for Mercedes and Goldline. We'll see how it plays. But, at the very least Billy is taking a huge paycut.

Fox will investigate Bill O'Reilly harassment claims, lawyer says - Apr. 9, 2017

Personally I don't watch "The Factor" very often. Bill O. reminds me of the drunk guy yelling at you at the end of the bar with his opinion on everything, but refusing to listen to anyone else's opinion. His personality is very similar to our current president's - a loudmouthed bully.

However, I think he's going to survive this current situation and remain on the air for a few more years. My vote is "yes".
Cockroaches always find a way to survive.

Big difference between ads for Mercedes and Goldline. We'll see how it plays. But, at the very least Billy is taking a huge paycut.

I doubt that one company pays more for 15 or 30 seconds on O'Reilly than does any other company.

I doubt that one company pays more for 15 or 30 seconds on O'Reilly than does any other company.

:lol: when you get no takers, guess what goes down?

You beat me to the joke - well done!

I don't much care if he does or not...I never watch his show.

Besides, I am not his targeted demographic....a senior citizen who believes whatever their chosen MSM tells them who probably does not even know what a smartphone is and thinks of the internet as 'not for them'.

Not if advertisers won't touch his toxic ass.

Advertisers like money, too. If he continues to be popular at his time slot then there will always be advertisers, simply for the number of people that watch.

The NYT's is going hard on this story and they interesting enough say "By The New York Times" instead of giving authors or even saying "Editors" which I dont quite understand the meaning of but it is significant.

He literally screwed himself out of a multi million dollar career. too funny

Back
Top Bottom