• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Bill O'Reilly Survive His Latest Scandal and Remain on the Air?

Will O'Reilly Survive His Current Scandal?

• Yes, he's done it before and will again.

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Nope. Put a fork in Bill, he's done!

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Other - (e.g. He'll come back on another network, like Beck)

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Fox will investigate Bill O'Reilly harassment claims, lawyer says - Apr. 9, 2017

The Times reported that five women over a period of more than a decade have been paid a total of $13 million by either O'Reilly, Fox News or parent company 21st Century Fox (FOX). In exchange, the women agreed not to pursue litigation or go public with their accusations, according to the newspaper.

Personally I don't watch "The Factor" very often. Bill O. reminds me of the drunk guy yelling at you at the end of the bar with his opinion on everything, but refusing to listen to anyone else's opinion. His personality is very similar to our current president's - a loudmouthed bully.

However, I think he's going to survive this current situation and remain on the air for a few more years. My vote is "yes".

Last edited:
He has good ratings. That is all that matters. And the advertisers will eventually come back.

I hope he survives, corporations in my opinion need to start standing up for what is right and having lefty political pressure groups silencing voices that they dont like by pressuring corporations to not support those voices that they dont like is a bridge too far for me....the need for our nation to conduct full quality conversations on the important matters of the day trumps the moral argument to not advertise with O'Reilly ( And some say with all of FoxNews) because some women say that he is not nice if he gets turned down for sex.

We have GOT to learn to prioritize!.

I hope he survives, corporations in my opinion need to start standing up for what is right and having lefty political pressure groups silencing voices that they dont like by pressuring corporations to not support those voices that they dont like is a bridge too far for me....the need for our nation to conduct full quality conversations on the important matters of the day trumps the moral argument to not advertise with O'Reilly ( And some say with all of FoxNews) because some women say that he is not nice if he gets turned down for sex.

So you think that standing up for the right of a woman not to be harassed is a "lefty" cause?

Bill OReilly sounds like your hero.

Lefties don't have nearly the power you purportedly claim. If they did, Bill would be gone eons ago. He's a misogynistic asshole. His past domestic violence and sexual misconduct is apparently taken to be some form of entertainment by his viewers. He's a living soap opera who energizes people with his ongoing efforts to force women to **** him.

And the crazy part is he could have sex with willing prostitutes a dozen times a day for years for all that he's paid out in settlement money...you know, like what, $Millons so far?

Amazing what turns people on!

Standing up for what is right -- like sexual harrassment!

Roger Ailes was ousted for sexual harassment, Fox News supports a President who bragged about committing sexual assault, and now one of their biggest stars has sexually harassed at least five women. Fox seems like a super rapey place to work.

Roger Ailes was ousted for sexual harassment, Fox News supports a President who bragged about committing sexual assault, and now one of their biggest stars has sexually harassed at least five women. Fox seems like a super rapey place to work.

Also, Trump is supporting O'Reilly and proclaiming O'Reilly's innocence. Birds of a feather...

Lefties don't have nearly the power you purportedly claim. If they did, Bill would be gone eons ago. He's a misogynistic asshole. His past domestic violence and sexual misconduct is apparently taken to be some form of entertainment by his viewers. He's a living soap opera who energizes people with his ongoing efforts to force women to **** him.

And the crazy part is he could have sex with willing prostitutes a dozen times a day for years for all that he's paid out in settlement money...you know, like what, $Millons so far?

Often time people in power with money are targets from unscrupulous women. A lot of these women are trying to be the next Megyn Kelly. Trying to get a quick buck or 15 minutes of fame.

No, I have rarely watched him and never read one of his books, but I am the free mind free speech guy, anytime a person is shut up by force I am likely to have a problem with that.

So you think that standing up for the right of a woman not to be harassed is a "lefty" cause?

I am saying that it is largely the lefties who are putting pressure on corporations to not support O'Reilly/FoxNews.

Often time people in power with money are targets from unscrupulous women. A lot of these women are trying to be the next Megyn Kelly. Trying to get a quick buck or 15 minutes of fame.

Your post is why a lot of women don't report sexual harassment.

Gosh, someone had to come along and blame the victims. It was inevitable.

Goodbye, Bucky..... :2wave:

I am saying that it is largely the lefties who are putting pressure on corporations to not support O'Reilly/FoxNews.

Morale at Fox News offices must be pretty low. Now they have to set their "It has been ___ days since a woman was sexually harassed" sign back to one.

No, I have rarely watched him and never read one of his books, but I am the free mind free speech guy, anytime a person is shut up by force I am likely to have a problem with that.

The guy violates women. He needs to be shut up.

He has good ratings. That is all that matters. And the advertisers will eventually come back.

They won't keep him if they think he is a liability. But I can't imagine that he is. How many times have the snowflakes declared Rush Limbaugh done for when they said this or that advertiser was jumping ship? There are a lot of unscrupulous women who jump on any chance that they might be able to cash in on lawsuits involving bigger than life personalities who happen to be very rich or attached to rich corporations.

And being the somewhat jaded cynic that I am, I can also see this being pushed by those who are frustrated that they haven't been able to take Trump down, so they are going after Fox News' most valuable personality and thereby reduce the influence or popularity of the TV channel that doesn't bash the President 24/7.

Gosh, someone had to come along and blame the victims. It was inevitable.

Goodbye, Bucky..... :2wave:

Jeez. Woman turns down a guy for a date and makes millions of dollars.

The guy violates women. He needs to be shut up.

Violates in what way? This women are more than welcome to file a complaint with Fox's HR department and none of them did so.

They won't keep him if they think he is a liability. But I can't imagine that he is. How many times have the snowflakes declared Rush Limbaugh done for when they said this or that advertiser was jumping ship? There are a lot of unscrupulous women who jump on any chance that they might be able to cash in on lawsuits involving bigger than life personalities who happen to be very rich or attached to rich corporations.

And being the somewhat jaded cynic that I am, I can also see this being pushed by those who are frustrated that they haven't been able to take Trump down, so they are going after Fox News' most valuable personality and thereby reduce the influence or popularity of the TV channel that doesn't bash the President 24/7.

Hey, I'm perfectly happy to see Fox News defend yet another sexual harasser or sexual assaulter. It's their club, and if they and their viewers love sexual violators that much, that's their business. I only think that if Fox News gives public tours, they would probably be wise to cover themselves legally by making visitors sign an agreement that Fox News is not responsible for any employees that sexually violate or harass them.

Violates in what way? This women are more than welcome to file a complaint with Fox's HR department and none of them did so.

This ain't Bill's first rodeo. His history is available for you to research.

This ain't Bill's first rodeo. His history is available for you to research.

I'm sure you understand how the law works. It is less expensive for big companies to settle a lawsuit than to fight it.

IF these women wren't so cowardly, they wouldn't have settled.

Tell me, how many stations carry Rush's show today, verses how many carried it pre-Sandra Flack. What is Limbaugh's pay today, verses when he had the 8 year contract???

I'm sure you understand how the law works. It is less expensive for big companies to settle a lawsuit than to fight it.

IF these women wren't so cowardly, they wouldn't have settled.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd be surprised if legal fees for 5 women would amount to $13 million. Part of the incentive, in my opinion was to silence the accusers. I'm sure they all had to sign gag clauses and neither Fox nor O'Reilly had to admit guilt.

Back
Top Bottom