• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who does America "belong to?"

When one says America belongs to this group or that group, which group should be included?

• 2. White Christians. America was build on white Christianity and should remain thus.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Any European.

• 5. Anyone who speaks American, those who don't, aren't American.

• 6. America "belongs" to the righteous, those with conservative values.

• 8. America belongs to those who are "Woke."

• Total voters

Who does America "belong to?"

We the people...

Quite simple.

But if you ask who manipulates America, buys and sells her worth, takes her resources etc., bleeds her people, well that bigly changes the answers you will get.
True that. But the answer to THAT question is more obvious.

Eh, maybe I interpreted the OP's question differently. Strictly speaking, I'm not sure anyone owns a country. I guess the land-owners own their individual parcels of land, and the voters own the government, and any participant owns the cultural and intellectual institutions. But I'm not sure any of those things add up to "owning America."
Of course no one "owns" America. But we keep hearing and reading about who America belongs to. Especially from a certain demographic. Then when they realize why I am asking this question they attempt to troll this thread with their whining about my motives. Quite telling, I would say ;)

Quick poll to gauge who deserves to be an America. Who (or what group of people) does America belong to?

Choices in the poll above.

Multiple choices available.

K'yst Richi C'bwa Tai Chi, a great grandfather of a large tribe, so large they were driven out of every region in Siberia. He settled his clan on an Island in the Alaskan Archepelago about 8,000 years ago. When he lowered his load he said "this is mine, everyone else **** off" and dropped dead.
His sons inherited.

They would still own it except some people with deadly diseases showed up and wiped them out.

humans are just renters of the land

Of course no one "owns" America. But we keep hearing and reading about who America belongs to. Especially from a certain demographic.

And there is the motivation for making the thread, my friends.

Great to know I wasn't wrong.

Then when they realize why I am asking this question they attempt to troll this thread with their whining about my motives. Quite telling, I would say ;)

Yes, quite telling, indeed. You really got "them" this time.

Yeah I'm not really sure what he means by owning America. That isn't a phrase I'd ever think to use, but maybe it's a more common mindset in Canada where he's from. Sounds odd to my American ears.
The question is about who believes that America belongs to them. And adversely, doesn't belong to someone else.

All US citizens. And all green card holders who intend to become citizens and are on track to doing so.
The facts indicate it belongs to the John Raggios of the U.S. , CEO of

and not to the

How Maj. Fisher earned the Medal of Honor,

During WWII, the capitalists literally killed those who answered the call of duty to serve.
..In addition to avoidable loss of life of many of at least 25,000 KIA, B-17 combat crew members, the Sperry bomb sight and two much more capable UK bombers were not produced in quantity!
https://www.8af.af.mil › About-Us › Fact-Sheets › Display › Article › 333794 › eighth-air-force-history

Eighth Air Force History > 8th Air Force/J-GSOC > Display

"For instance, the Eighth suffered about half of the U.S. Army Air Force's casualties (47,483 out of 115,332), including more than 26,000 dead. The Eighth's brave men earned 17 Medals of Honor, 220 Distinguished Service Crosses, and 442,000 Air Medals. The Eighth's combat record also shows 566 .."
-snip-
BTW,

Last edited:
You left off one.

O None of the above.

AMERICA is a Continent, specifically to your discussion NORTH America.

This nation is the UNITED STATES of America. If I am on a forum and am asked where I'm from I put US or USA, I don't say America.

Yes, I know, I'm being picky, BUT other countries in the Americas get upset when people from the US claim America as the nation name. Everyone from the tip of South America to the North Pole are "Americans". This is typical US arrogance, which I am surprised you participate in.

And I know people in the US say, "I'm an American". So can people from Canada to Chile
Canadians say we are Canadian. US citizens say they are American. Mexicans say they are Mexicans. I have seldom heard an American say "I am a USAer" or a Mexican say "I am an American."

Exactly - Technically, citizen of Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, etc. are all Americans.

And Greenland?

Is that America or Europe?
You left off one.

O None of the above.

AMERICA is a Continent, specifically to your discussion NORTH America.

This nation is the UNITED STATES of America. If I am on a forum and am asked where I'm from I put US or USA, I don't say America.

Yes, I know, I'm being picky, BUT other countries in the Americas get upset when people from the US claim America as the nation name. Everyone from the tip of South America to the North Pole are "Americans". This is typical US arrogance, which I am surprised you participate in.

And I know people in the US say, "I'm an American". So can people from Canada to Chile

I have lived in Vancouver for 44 years. It has been my experienced that asked where they are from usually Yankees say the name of the nearest city, as though the whole world should know where is Akron. If they are asked specifically they will say "I am American." "Are you American?" is always answered yes.

No Canadian EVER said those words unless they were being tortured. No Mexican would ever say those words unless they were in "America"

Your song is "Glod Bless America" (does that mean Canada and Mexico and Guatemala and San Salvador?) Almost everything is the "American...." whatever from the AAA to the ASPCA.

If you don't want to be called American stop calling yourselves American. You can make the American Medical Association the Yankee Medical Association.

No Canadian EVER said those words unless they were being tortured. No Mexican would ever say those words unless they were in "America"

Right. The only people outside of the US who I've ever heard self-identify as "Americans" are very insecure Argentines, and even they don't do it unless they're trying to make some sort of political point. I think Argentines have some sort of deep-seated insecurity about no longer being a first-world country, so they try to identify with America or Europe as best they can.

I've never heard a Canadian or Mexican confused about what I mean by American. Only Argentines, and maybe their neighbors, have a problem with it. Which is their problem, not ours.

Your song is "Glod Bless America" (does that mean Canada and Mexico and Guatemala and San Salvador?)
No.

If you don't want to be called American stop calling yourselves American.
???
It's not a slur. No one here is offended by being called an American. The only people who get offended are butthurt South Americans.

You can make the American Medical Association the Yankee Medical Association.
Yankee means something different in the US than it means in Latin America. Here it means a person from the Northern US, or more specifically a person from New York, or more specifically a member of the New York baseball team.

Canadians say we are Canadian. US citizens say they are American. Mexicans say they are Mexicans. I have seldom heard an American say "I am a USAer" or a Mexican say "I am an American."

Do I really need to point this out to you? US citizens are right to call themselves Americans because they are citizens of the country known as The United States of AMERICA.

Yes, I know, I'm being picky, BUT other countries in the Americas get upset when people from the US claim America as the nation name.
Sounds like their problem.

Everyone from the tip of South America to the North Pole are "Americans". This is typical US arrogance, which I am surprised you participate in.
99% of the time it's a butthurt Argentine whining about this. The other 1% of the time it's some other South American who spent time in Argentina and learned that they are supposed to be offended about this.

No one in Canada says this.

The question is about who believes that America belongs to them. And adversely, doesn't belong to someone else.
Whether you like it or not I own the spot I'm standing on. Get enough of us together and we own more of it than the commies do.

Whether you like it or not I own the spot I'm standing on. Get enough of us together and we own more of it than the commies do.
Always with the commie comments. I wonder where Righties get their rather limited views from? Maybe...........

HowtoSaveConservativeParty.jpg

Quick poll to gauge who deserves to be an America. Who (or what group of people) does America belong to?

Choices in the poll above.

Multiple choices available.

The answer depends on how you define "belongs to." Since you defined it as the bolded👆, the answer is 👇

All US citizens. And all green card holders who intend to become citizens and are on track to doing so.

A;though given the multitude of Canadian snowbirds we get here every winter, it apparently belongs to them. 🤣

The answer depends on how you define "belongs to." Since you defined it as the bolded👆, the answer is 👇

A;though given the multitude of Canadian snowbirds we get here every winter, it apparently belongs to them. 🤣
Only Florida, only Florida ;)

No. Canadian “nationalism” is based on hating Canada’s history and traditions

That super gay national anthem and dumb Peruvian knock off flag were only invented in the 1960s to strip Canadians of British identity.

TIL "With glowing hearts we see thee rise" was talking about something else entirely. The Homosexual Agenda is playing the long game. :ROFLMAO:

No. Canadian “nationalism” is based on hating Canada’s history and traditions

That super gay national anthem and dumb Peruvian knock off flag were only invented in the 1960s to strip Canadians of British identity.

Before 1965 this was Canadas flag

View attachment 67500620

And this was the national anthem

I’ll let you guess which political aisle changed these

I'm not sure how you quantify what makes their old anthem "gay" compared to the older one. I mean, why hate Canada for doing what the US did from the very beginning in terms of removing the traces of the British from its symbols. The Commonwealth of Nations is starting to dissolve as there is less incentive to remain a part of it, and some feel it's about time to shed the colonial past.

TIL "With glowing hearts we see thee rise" was talking about something else entirely. The Homosexual Agenda is playing the long game. :ROFLMAO:
"and joined in love together" without establishing who is joined is pretty sketchy too.
;)

I'm not sure how you quantify what makes their old anthem "gay" compared to the older one. I mean, why hate Canada for doing what the US did from the very beginning in terms of removing the traces of the British from its symbols.
That’s not true though. The US retains all kinds of British names and symbols. Multiple US states are named for British royalty, numerous geographic places etc

The reason to hate that Canada did it is because the same class of rootless cosmopolitans who imposed it on Canada (Lester Pearson explicitly rejected the idea of holding a plebiscite on the flag issue, he had remarkable foresight because later New Zealand would try to dispose of the blue ensign and the NZ national party made the mistake of putting it up to a vote where it was defeated) want to strip Americans of their identity and culture.
The Commonwealth of Nations is starting to dissolve as there is less incentive to remain a part of it, and some feel it's about time to shed the colonial past.
Canada doesn’t exist without the colonial past

"and joined in love together" without establishing who is joined is pretty sketchy too.
;)
It does. And joined in love together, the thistle shamrock and rose entwine, the maple leaf forever

The thistle is Scotland, the Rose is England, and the Shamrock is Ireland. The nations of the United Kingdom are joined in love together, entwining the maple leaf forever. It’s literally in the song

They really did. Although they got too cocky

47DF9D5A-0BBE-468A-9AAB-718D9141325E.gif

Haha

And now with their embrace of the gender ideology issue polls now show support for plain homosexual relationships declining as well.

Back
Top Bottom