• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who destroyed businesses in the USA, it certainly was not liberals

CEO's and stockholders are the ones mainly responsible for businesses, especially manufacturing leaving the country. Cons like to say it was government regulation, but they know it came down to greater earnings by moving manufacturing overseas to low wage areas of the world. If started with Japan, then moved to South Korea and China and now is slowly moving again to places like South Vietnam, India and Indonesia. Always looking for the one more buck of profit. Even in this country some states have passed laws that do not allow employee salary increases without permission of the companies stock holders. they see all money within the company as belonging to the stockholders. It is one reason so many companies have moved their headquarter to New Jersey. So blaming regulations for these moves is the Cons way of deflecting from what they know as the truth.

It goes back further... People Just DON'T want to face The Truths!!!
After 1964, Civil Rights Act... it meant women and minorities could be Union Members, with Union Benefits and Class and Craft and have THE SAME pathway to Middle Class life that was promoted by white society all the way up to "The Civil Rights Act's Passage"...

If people remember, during segregation, it was about segregating women from men, blacks for whites and poor whites from well to do whites. The Civil Rights Acts, said "Everyone Must Be Treated Equal in Civil and Civic Society, and it also included Employment Opportunities.

The Segregationist NEVER wanted to see women, black and other minorities or poor whites have the same "Economic Opportunity" that the White Middle and White Upper Class had benefit of for 100's of Years.

In 1969, Nixon ... began to "export Ore Processing and Steel Production to China... because: it was a sure fire way to weaken the strongest Unions, and also strip away the Union Jobs in those areas that would afford women, minorities and poor whites the means to uplift themselves to Middle Class Economic and Living Standards with the existing Middle Class and Upper Middle Class White American MALES.

If people stop with the Selective Amnesia, they would acknowledge and fact the fact that "women could not get good jobs and earn good wages on the level of White Men, (because white men, enjoyed the economic dominance he had over women, he liked the idea that Her Life, was based on his status and income) He did not want to give that up, because it gave him control over women.
White Men did not want to see black have Economic Parity, because they did not respect blacks as being equal person, and did not want black to have the equality of civil and civic rights.

So, the white male controlled Congress, Industry, Business and Cultural Programs, Educational Institution and Unions... Fought bey EVERY MEANS to block, attack, prohibit and promote "outsourcing anything and everything" as long as they held the management and executive roles all the way down to the ground floor supervision roles. Once they had those roles, they all set out to "destroy unions", feed people a line of bull****, with a pretense that Union were no good, that companies could not profit with Unions, and every other bull**** line they could conjure up.

They Outsourced ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THEY COULD... until now, we don't even make the appliance we use in our homes or the shoes we wear on our feet or the clothes on our backs; we don't even make our own underwear!!!! Yet, the Industry Executives are 90+% White Males, The Head of any business that Outsourced is led by White Males, The Republican Congress is Predominantly White Males, and in this current Administration is Dominantly White Males.

They continue to fight against anything and everything that benefit the people of America. They only support what benefits the White Male's at the top of industry and business. They Push Tax cuts because they want to DEPLETE the Federal Resources SO THEY CAN CUT BENFITS AND DESTROY PUBLIC SERVICE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES.

This is at the root of why Outsourcing was promoted, it "Only Benefited Well to Do White Males" who held the Key Position in Industry, Business, Commercial Sales, and Political Position they could sell to any Lobbyist from any of the White Male Dominated Industries and companies for Campaign Contribution, Stock Tips and when their term is up, they are promised Jobs in the Associate Business who are part of the network.

This has been going on for Centuries and they set all the pieces in stone during the 100 yrs of Segregation. ONLY NOW, that the internet makes information available... white women and the aware members of the poor whites society and the young people are waking up to see the truth, black people have been speaking about the truth for more than 100+ Yrs...

The title for this thread is "Who destroyed businesses in the USA, it certainly was not liberals"

I disagree! The liberals taxed and regulated dozens, possibly hundreds of large American corporations into moving out of the US into countries that touted lower, more favorable tax and regulatory burdens. The fake news pundits labelled the process as "Inversion" and blamed all of the moves on taxes while ignoring the more onerous and costly regulatory dictates from such despotic bureaucratic regimes such as the EPA abusing the power the Clean Air Act gave them..

Isn't it funny how most of those businesses moved back to the USA after President Trump was elected and created a more business friendly environment - even though the liberals have fought Trump every inch of the way.

Your Cult Devotion to Trump... will never make the truth go away.... You can't name enough business that have moved back to America, to back up the BS... your blind obsession is trying to promote.

The good thing for America is within the next decade these old relic's from the segregationist groomed mentality and all the bias and bigotry they were raised with; will be even more irrelevant, and the young will be certain not to continue to let them damage the future that the young people will continue building.

Last edited:
The left supports illegals coming here and taking jobs away from citizens and lowering salaries.

You can't find 50 white people who will get up in the morning and go pick vegetables, or do any of the great many jobs that foreigner come here and do.

A damn Tomato would cost $5 each if white people had to pick them... and the store would have far less available, which means the price would be even higher because they play the game of "raise the praise because of short supply"....

You can't find 50 white people who will get up in the morning and go pick vegetables, or do any of the great many jobs that foreigner come here and do.

A damn Tomato would cost $5 each if white people had to pick them... and the store would have far less available, which means the price would be even higher because they play the game of "raise the praise because of short supply"....

This I agree is true. There was an analysis done ~5 years ago after Alabama changed their immigration laws, causing all the illegals to run and disappear. As a result the watermelon crop had some issues, apparently that's where all the watermelons come from I learned. Effectively they found that farmers couldn't hire American citizens to do the work, almost no matter what they paid. People would rather sit home and collect welfare benefits than earn $15-18/hr picking watermelons, it was just too hard.

So, I agree with your point above, however I think it is because we make it too easy for American citizens to simply choose not to work.

FWIW, would also help with obesity rates :)

This I agree is true. There was an analysis done ~5 years ago after Alabama changed their immigration laws, causing all the illegals to run and disappear. As a result the watermelon crop had some issues, apparently that's where all the watermelons come from I learned. Effectively they found that farmers couldn't hire American citizens to do the work, almost no matter what they paid. People would rather sit home and collect welfare benefits than earn $15-18/hr picking watermelons, it was just too hard.

So, I agree with your point above, however I think it is because we make it too easy for American citizens to simply choose not to work.

FWIW, would also help with obesity rates :)

I would gladly pick watermelons for $18/hour and so would my wife and a lot of people I know. People would rather sit and collect welfare benefits then pick watermelons for $15 - $18/hr are you kidding me! I know a ton of people including myself, my wife, and many of my friends who would love a job like that.

So please don't tell me these are jobs no whites would do, thats B.S. I know many poor whites who would love to have a job like that, the illegals take all the work away. I don't believe the excuse these are jobs no whites want to do, BULL! I have worked at places that hire illegal Mexicans, I know how the politics go at those places. The Mexicans prefer to only hire Mexicans at those places. Lets send all the illegals back to Mexico and see if there really will be no whites who will want to do those jobs, I bet plenty would !

Your Cult Devotion to Trump... will never make the truth go away.... You can't name enough business that have moved back to America, to back up the BS... your blind obsession is trying to promote.

The good thing for America is within the next decade these old relic's from the segregationist groomed mentality and all the bias and bigotry they were raised with; will be even more irrelevant, and the young will be certain not to continue to let them damage the future that the young people will continue building.

LOL, Get mad much?

The left supports illegals coming here and taking jobs away from citizens and lowering salaries.
and Trump has them arrested and deported yet they are not doing anything against the companies that are hiring them
It is against the law for a company to hire an illegal ( yes some have fake papers and a company has few ways of telling if they are real or not , but when they do find out they are fake it is their job to fire the person and turn them into the fed. gov.)
yes there are some very large Corps. that hire these people and are making billions of dollars in US profits off their work and keep on doing it
again it is against the law for them to knowingly hire one of them
have a nice day

I would gladly pick watermelons for $18/hour and so would my wife and a lot of people I know. People would rather sit and collect welfare benefits then pick watermelons for $15 - $18/hr are you kidding me! I know a ton of people including myself, my wife, and many of my friends who would love a job like that.

So please don't tell me these are jobs no whites would do, thats B.S. I know many poor whites who would love to have a job like that, the illegals take all the work away. I don't believe the excuse these are jobs no whites want to do, BULL! I have worked at places that hire illegal Mexicans, I know how the politics go at those places. The Mexicans prefer to only hire Mexicans at those places. Lets send all the illegals back to Mexico and see if there really will be no whites who will want to do those jobs, I bet plenty would !

No one would be able to afford a watermelon, for what whites people would want in pay to pick them, and you know that!!!. Would you pick them for minimum wage, with absolutely no benefits, including no sick pay?

Now...be honest with yourself before you speak.

Would you pick them for 5 cent each picked= (148 ea an Hour to earn a wage of $7.40 hr, that's 24 ea. per minute), or 2 cent per pound of what is picked (100 lbs = $2.00, now how many pounds can you pick an hour? because that's 370 lbs per hour to earn $7.40 hrs. assume each weights 8 lbs, that's 46 ea per hour which is 1.3 ea per minute )

To earn $14.80 and hour, you'd have to pick 74 ea per hour, which is equal to 10 cent for each one picked, that's 1.2 ea. per minute you'd need to pick.

Last edited:
What is minimum wage for agricultural workers?
$7.25 per hour
Further, the many agricultural workers employed on smaller farms — any farm that employs fewer than roughly seven workers in a calendar quarter — are not even protected by the minimum wage provisions of the FLSA. The current federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour (as of July 24, 2009).

Employees who are employed in agriculture as that term is defined in the Act are exempt from the overtime pay provisions. They do not have to be paid time and one half their regular rates of pay for hours worked in excess of forty per week.
Agricultural Employers Under the Fair Labor Standards Act

It's better to get the facts than continue to spin Anti Immigrant "Drama"

Too many of Right Wing Conservative types don't do the detail thinking to understand the reality of what they are told to fight against. Right Wing Conservative types are not going to do the critical thinking to break down the details to understand the reality... Right Wing Conservative types just regurgitate what they are told to go out and attack.

Last edited:
No one would be able to afford a watermelon, for what whites people would want in pay to pick them, and you know that!!!. Would you pick them for minimum wage, with absolutely no benefits, including no sick pay?

Now...be honest with yourself before you speak.

Would you pick them for 5 cent each picked= (148 ea an Hour to earn a wage of $7.40 hr, that's 24 ea. per minute), or 2 cent per pound of what is picked (100 lbs = $2.00, now how many pounds can you pick an hour? because that's 370 lbs per hour to earn $7.40 hrs. assume each weights 8 lbs, that's 46 ea per hour which is 1.3 ea per minute )

To earn $14.80 and hour, you'd have to pick 74 ea per hour, which is equal to 10 cent for each one picked, that's 1.2 ea. per minute you'd need to pick.

No one would be afford to afford a watermelon for what white people would want to pick them? As if White people want to be paid so much more? I got news for you pal I worked many minimum wage jobs and low wage jobs in my life with no benefits and I was very happy for those jobs.

In my younger years I would gladly pick watermelons for minimum wage, many young white adults adults I know would. A job is better than no job even if it pays minimum wage. When I was younger a lot of times I worked 2-3 low paying jobs at a time. Many times working 7 days a week and some 16hour days. I worked hard labor in warehouse jobs exposing myself to asbestos and lead.

You have some grand delusions about whites not wanting to do these jobs. Have you talked to them? How do you know. I could refer you to some friends I know who need jobs who are white who would be glad to take those kind of jobs. So don't be telling me no whites want these jobs. Sounds like a lot of political correctness bull to me the left uses as an excuse to allow illegal Mexicans to come here and take jobs away from Americans. I have no symphony for them, I worked with many of them. Saw a few get deported back to Mexico. I wish every single one gets deported back to Mexico so Americans can get those jobs back !

No one would be afford to afford a watermelon for what white people would want to pick them? As if White people want to be paid so much more? I got news for you pal I worked many minimum wage jobs and low wage jobs in my life with no benefits and I was very happy for those jobs.

In my younger years I would gladly pick watermelons for minimum wage, many young white adults adults I know would. A job is better than no job even if it pays minimum wage. When I was younger a lot of times I worked 2-3 low paying jobs at a time. Many times working 7 days a week and some 16hour days. I worked hard labor in warehouse jobs exposing myself to asbestos and lead.

You have some grand delusions about whites not wanting to do these jobs. Have you talked to them? How do you know. I could refer you to some friends I know who need jobs who are white who would be glad to take those kind of jobs. So don't be telling me no whites want these jobs. Sounds like a lot of political correctness bull to me the left uses as an excuse to allow illegal Mexicans to come here and take jobs away from Americans. I have no symphony for them, I worked with many of them. Saw a few get deported back to Mexico. I wish every single one gets deported back to Mexico so Americans can get those jobs back !

I know white people will work, that is not the point that I'm addressing. My point is simple, "This is not some easy job"!!! It's not a whimsical thing to do this kind of work.. Therefore, it does not mean white people can't do it, nor that some white people won't do it. The point is, its not lucrative in income earning, and certainly not to a level to meet the American Standards cost of living. If it was paying rates to meet that standards, white and black and others would be rushing to the Agriculture Areas to take the jobs.

We have to remember, out media bombards us with "cost related amenities for living", and people, whether white or black, know that agriculture picking and harvesting jobs will not afford them a standard of living to meet what is advertised and promoted for society. Now, you know the history of white society has for centuries been one where a great mass of people earned well above others. So it was not advantageous for white people to pursue those jobs, That's why I said, if white people picked these agriculture products, they'd demand a higher wage to meet the cost of living. (So, please don't misunderstand my statement, because it did not imply that white people won't work. It is about "equitable pay for the work"... and the cost of living which work should afford one to meet, and white people are far more likely to "demand that higher pay" to meet that standard of living expenses. That's always been the premise in America's History.

The point is about America's History... it has historically not been white people who did the vegetable picking, and certainly not in the last century. Those jobs have always been there, if they wanted them. The point was to demonstrate that "white people don't readily go out and pursue these type of jobs".

As to Mexican people, many were in and upon America land long before any European ever knew the Continent of America existed. I'm not advocating illegal immigration by any means. But I do believe in "Fair Immigration"... I think one of the greatest Immigration Bills of the 20th Century was Johnson's 1965 Immigration Act... because it changed the dynamics of more than 85% or more of Immigrants only coming from European Regions of predominantly white skin people of various European Ethnic Regions.

America never belonged to white people, it originally was populated with Native American Indians and People of Mexico as part of the what is the U.S. was a part of Mexico. Today, America does not belong to any single ethnicity or racial group... It belongs to the Multi-Cultural, Multi-Ethnic Make Up of its Citizen Population.

The long history of the lowest level of labor and service jobs was historically considered to be for black and brown people, and various white people from European Regions that other Europeans did not like. But in the "BIG PICTURE"... America was built by "All The Ethnic and Racial Groups" that make up American Society.

As to Jobs, no one has put up any signs or blockages from any group, going to the areas where Agriculture is strong and pursuing work, picking and harvesting vegetables. I doubt that any Farmer will reject any people because of their skin color or their ethnicity or their cultural habits. These Farmers want and need to get their crops harvested and to the marketplace. It's really that simple.

Agriculture picking and harvesting has never been a "high paying" job group. One factors is because "American's want low prices at the market", they don't want to pay a "living wage" to those who pick and harvest and bring these agriculture products to market. America was nursed for centuries on minority people doing these jobs, so that cost would be low, from the era of using slave and indentured servants, to using immigrant labor at indentured servant wage rates. That's simply the history of America.

We as America's want "everything cheaply"... if that was not the case, we'd not be lusting and resisting building and expanding Industry on America Soil, We would not be making statement that America's can't compete, and we would not be complaining that American labor is too expensive. We'd be respecting that the cost of living in America requires a wage to meet that promoted and advertised standard that we as American love to promote.

I'd like you to take a look at a chart... related to wage and housing cost... based on "National Low Income Housing Coalition" We as a nation are so far off the mark of the wage rate it would take to reduce poverty in America, and we should "all" be alarmed, especially when we see the pool of Billionaires Increasing and the vast pool of Millionaires increase, while people are stuck at a sub standard minimum wage, that equates to no more than it would cost to house and feed a slave or pay and indentured servant, in wage comparison to the era of slavery and indentures when factored by today's American dollar.

When it comes to JOBS, there are many non exportable jobs in Janitorial, Garbage Collection, and Street Repair, Public Area Grass cutting and many other types of work, as well as even with young people, including high school kids... who could work at Fast Food, but most of these jobs are filled by Minorities of various ethnic non white make up, as many whites simply do not apply for these jobs. Even in some City Government, many whites only apply for certain types of jobs.

What's more damaging to many of the poor whites who cried saying... "They've been left behind" - won't enroll in various Workforce Training Programs... although some liberal poor whites will enroll in these programs far more frequently and in higher numbers than Conservative, Right Wing, Republican Types.

That's really a sad situation, because when Politicians work across the aisles to fund these programs, "they want to see diverse performance results", but they can't force Conservative, Right Wing Republican Types to participate... yet... the programs exist. These programs would be even better funded in more poor whites attended to kick up the numbers of participants, which would be a plus for vocational and technical training and all the collateral gains that could be made in all areas of society, by the uptick in having a broader skilled society.

Many minorities who do participate in these programs, develop skills, and a higher and higher % once they learn in this environment, pursue to continue their learning to improve their access to opportunities.

There is countless stories of a great many minority people who worked themselves off of public service by learning skill, and there are many who rejected public service and worked two low wage jobs to put themselves through training even while raising kids and taking care of a family... I know a vast number of minority women who have "two jobs" even when one of the jobs is a functioning pay level, they work to ensure they can elevate themselves, afford health care and provide for their kids in ways that improve the benefit of opportunity for their kids.

We as America people, must not allow the wealthy to feed the delusion that "American's can't compete" and stop with the bull, of claiming American labor is too costly, when the cost of living is far beyond what the current wage rates can meet.

Based on the claim of Median Income, one can truly look at that and the sectors it uses to push such measure, but the reality in the environment the nominal wage is far less. I've seen areas that say the Median Income is $60k.. but the actual environment has a wage rate that is $27,500 - $36.500, and it takes two people to earn the Median Wage that is promoted as claim. It's why so many people have second jobs. Even when two families earn the $36,500 ea, they still need to go get part time work or one work a second full time jobs, to provide for qualifying to get a home and to cover the expenses of raising a family.

The people who fought against "unions" did a great dis-service to America... they cried and whined about $30 something dollars a month in Union Due... and resulted to loose jobs assisted and paid Medical, now they get no contribution to Pensions, and they have stagnated sub standard pay... and that same $30 they complained about paying... As a result... they now pay 3 times that in Co-pays for media, and they have no pension because many can't afford to pay for medical and contribute to a pension saving plan.

And the Result is: Corporation had nothing stopping them from Outsourcing Production, and now Corporations count their profits in $100's of Millions and $Billions, and some do that every 3 months of profit measuring...

The corporation and wealthy are given massive Tax breaks, so now the Budget Deficit Increases, and the only looser in this is, the working people, who see programs cut, their deductions limited on their tax, and a reduction in the necessary tax to support the nations to remain being among the best nations in the world. All the while... the wealthy increase their wealth gap... and people are living on "credit debt"...

The average American's Credit Debt is: "On average, each household with a credit card carries $8,398 in credit card debt. Total U.S. consumer debt is at $13.86 trillion. That includes mortgages, auto loans, credit cards and student loans."

People are strapped with 5-7+ year car payments, and some unable to buy the extended warranty, and can't afford to change it out when it starts to break down.
People are driven to purchase cheap low quality disposable items, that require continual repurchasing, because they can't afford quality durable goods... so they settle for the low quality goods, just to feel they can participate in the American Economy and Living Standards.

In many areas, people can't keep up with the yearly maintenance cost on homes, or auto's and in some case, not even the inflation driven cost of living to raise and provide for a family.

YET... Corporation claim "$Billions upon $Billions" of profit... while people "struggle to finds a means to have and sustain a standard of living.

Republican don't promote any programs that try to help fix this mess... and Democrats even though they have good programs that focus on the general society and the average American, they can't do it alone... It's insidious how and why Republican fight against everything, while so many of their own constituency continue to cry and white and complain about the challenges they face on a daily basis for their families and their kids future. Yet, they won't join with Democrats and let's fix it.

Every since the Southern Strategy of the Nixon Area and the Roger Ailes promotion of Conservative Media, they have used the tool of "divisiveness promotions" to pursue power... so they have no concerned agenda to find "bi partisan means to focus and address the concerns of the people... they are wrapped up and entrenched in "their attack grooming and promotions of divisiveness, for the sole sake of the elites in politic's to pursue power grabs that benefit the wealth and the industrialist.. while looking at the masses as if they are some type of "indentured servant" who's only role is to prop up and promote and support the wealth at the detriment to and upon themselves.

Even this mess in the Senate, where Republican have and continue to demonstrate absolutely no concern to pursue "truth".. They only care to try and protect "power" even when it means by acts that "disrespect the laws, disrespect the policies, disrespect the roles of office, and disrespect the Constitutional Principles and demonstrate a lack of concern for political or social or civic or civil dignity and integrity of our Governance Systems.

Last edited:
When the discussion goes into the aspects that Conservative and Right Wing spin and drama twirls can't deal with...such shallow minded types "flee quickly".

They are averse to learning what they don't know, and do not care to face truths they can't understand. They simply like to push a "belligerence of attack something"; they have no solution to anything, because their impulse driven mind can't think beyond "attack mode".

Trump uses it upon them to lead them, and against them by making them obsessed with "attacking something" .. while he dismantles and damages the governance system of America Democracy and the Republic Form of Established Governing Departments, Divisions, Agencies and Institutions.

They stand blind, unaware and enraged with a lusting to "be given something daily to attack"... It's sad... but they tune in to Fox and Right Wing Media to get a "Daily Fix" which serves like and injection of "go out and hate something", to fuel the "Attack Mode of Mentality".... and they become happy on when they can engage the "I'm Going to Attack Something Mentality".

Fully unaware, they attack everything that has provide for them.. without knowing the details of what they attack... and when the results turn around and they find out what has been damaged and non longer functioning productively; their immediate impulse is to seek someone else to blame, because they have been trained to promote "divisiveness" so their go to choice to push blame upon is Blacks, Non white immigrants, or the Democratic people... This is the nature of how Modern Day Republicanism functions... To ensure they are never held accountable for any of the damages and malice they create and promote, and certainly never to allow blame to be focused upon the wealthy whom the Republican Systems is motivated within design to protect by any means, at any cost.

CEO's and stockholders are the ones mainly responsible for businesses, especially manufacturing leaving the country. Cons like to say it was government regulation, but they know it came down to greater earnings by moving manufacturing overseas to low wage areas of the world. If started with Japan, then moved to South Korea and China and now is slowly moving again to places like South Vietnam, India and Indonesia. Always looking for the one more buck of profit. Even in this country some states have passed laws that do not allow employee salary increases without permission of the companies stock holders. they see all money within the company as belonging to the stockholders. It is one reason so many companies have moved their headquarter to New Jersey. So blaming regulations for these moves is the Cons way of deflecting from what they know as the truth.

What? You obviously have no clue of the real world. Tax burden was one factor that drove businesses and jobs out of the US. The other factor was over zealous regulatory agencies who sidelined any and all industries that suffered under federal regulatory malfeasance.

As a Supply Chain manager in pharmaceutical manufacturing, on a weekly basis, I dealt with the FDA, the EPA, the DOT and the State Department (representing the UN for compliance to such treaties as the Montreal Protocol). The combined costs and delays as we worked toward regulatory compliance was mind numbing to the point that our company moved headquarters to Ireland and manufacturing to various offshore locations. I retired.

I won't blame that moron Obama for all of the anti-business antics at the federal level, as the idiot Bush also played a role in killing industries and jobs. Under Bush my 401k lost 34% and under Obama it took 4 years to regain all losses and suffered anemic growth until Trump became President.

President Trump has single handedly transformed the GOP into a party that represents the American working family and American businesses; key word being "American". The faster the anti-Trump GOP and the Democrat Party gets kicked out the back door, the faster we can become a people that are proud to show the rest of the world how to get things done.

Meanwhile we have to get rid of the fake news outlets and educate the binkie crowd.

CEO's and stockholders are the ones mainly responsible for businesses, especially manufacturing leaving the country. Cons like to say it was government regulation, but they know it came down to greater earnings by moving manufacturing overseas to low wage areas of the world.
oh yeah I hate Apple. they charge you $1,200 for some piece of crap they make in China for pennies. Tesla is moving production overseas. The problem is the CEOs are not conservative.
If started with Japan, then moved to South Korea and China and now is slowly moving again to places like South Vietnam, India and Indonesia. Always looking for the one more buck of profit. Even in this country some states have passed laws that do not allow employee salary increases without permission of the companies stock holders. they see all money within the company as belonging to the stockholders. It is one reason so many companies have moved their headquarter to New Jersey. So blaming regulations for these moves is the Cons way of deflecting from what they know as the truth.
Oh I blame the CEOs. The top five CEOs a various companies in the US are all scumbags but not a one of them is conservative.

The economic realities of Globalization was the number one factor in transformation of the US economy and income inequality. There is no absolute blame from either party on this. The only absolute fix would be global economic isolation. Although that may just make things worse for all of us in the US.

One of the reasons so many companies moved overseas, besides fewer regulation, cheaper nonunion labor overseas was the lopsided trade laws between the USA and other countries. Almost all others countries had higher tarriffs than the USA. These higher overseas tariffs, protected overseas American companies, from competition in the USA. If you moved to China, built a factory, and hired Chinese workers, you are under their advantageous trade wing. At the same time, with American tariffs very low or nonexistent, they could sell back to the USA, cheaper, and further gain market share. Apple is a $trillion company.

Trump messed that up when he wanted to create fair trade; equal tariffs and trade rules for all countries. Either they come down or we go up. Fair can happen many ways. If all countries had the same tariff rates and trade rules, there is less incentive to go overseas, for protectionism, or better selling margins.

Trump is also working on decreasing regulations, which makes staying in the USA more attractive. Trump is not touching higher US labor cost, but rather blue color has seen an increase in wages. Trump plans to make up the labor difference in other ways. If we secure the border and can control immigration, legally, we can have a well planned migrate labor pool, that is all legal and counted and therefore adjustable to the ebb and slow of the business cycles.

One of the reasons only a modest amount of companies appear to be returning to the USA, is building a factory in the US, is met with foot dragging, by all types of zoning and environmental regulation enthusiasts. This can delay building for 10 years or more. Many companies are still in the bureaucratic limbo cycle unable to build just yet.

Trump started to deal with this by proposing streamlining the building rules for infrastructure, so these things can happen faster and therefore cheaper. Instead of being able to ties something up in court for a decade or more, you would have two years to prove your case. Then you needed to get out of the way. This change will also apply to new businesses and businesses coming home, with factories appearing much sooner. In Trump's second term, the numbers of factories will appear like weeds.

The labor needs will be higher, so finishing the border wall to regulate the migrant worker pool will have priority. In the mean time, wages will continue to rise for the America worker, which will reduce the size of the welfare outlay. The national debt and government size, will then need to be addressed. This is second term.

Liberals are generally stupid about business, and pass idiotic anti-business policies; that cause businesses to leave the country.

The current state of business in America, the wealth disparity, income inequalities, manufacturing overseas, ect was not caused by the right or the left. It was caused by Americans. It was caused by consumers. It was caused by each and every American.

Businesses don't make decisions. Consumers do. Businesses do what consumers demand. McMillon/Waltons don't really make the decisions that drive Walmart. Steve Jobs and Tim Cook didn't/don't make the decisions for Apple. Consumers do. The CEO's and heads of companies simply react to consumer demands. Jobs move overseas because consumers demand that jobs move overseas. Manufacturing moves when consumers demand they move. The "1%ers" exist because consumers decided to make them exist.

This specific problem is not driven by a political party.

I see the cause/effect order differently.

A variety of technologies came online in the mid-seventies, not the least of which the container ship, that made taking advantage of cheap labor economically feasible, so some businesses did just that.

This gave them significant market advantage. And customers did indeed enjoy the cheaper prices.

So other businesses followed the first overseas to remain competitive.

And we've been in a race to the bottom since.

It looks to me like it wasn't demand for $30 toaster for $20 but $5 profit on a $15 dollar toaster.

I see the cause/effect order differently.

A variety of technologies came online in the mid-seventies, not the least of which the container ship, that made taking advantage of cheap labor economically feasible, so some businesses did just that.

This gave them significant market advantage. And customers did indeed enjoy the cheaper prices.

So other businesses followed the first overseas to remain competitive.

And we've been in a race to the bottom since.

It looks to me like it wasn't demand for $30 toaster for $20 but $5 profit on a $15 dollar toaster.

When businesses started to leave consumers rewarded them and, intentionally or not, punished companies that didn't. Still holds true to this day. Consumers don't verbally state "you must manufacturer overseas" but they do state it with their actions. Companies that choose to employ only American labor, and use American parts and materials have a pocket of customers but it pales in comparison to the people who will buy the cheapest option.

oh yeah I hate Apple. they charge you $1,200 for some piece of crap they make in China for pennies. Tesla is moving production overseas. The problem is the CEOs are not conservative.

Oh I blame the CEOs. The top five CEOs a various companies in the US are all scumbags but not a one of them is conservative.

It is more like 10 bucks for manufacturing and three hundred bucks for intellectual property licensing fees.

CEO's and stockholders are the ones mainly responsible for businesses, especially manufacturing leaving the country.

It's neither liberals or conservatives that are to blame for factory outsourcing, for that, you can blame the invention of these:

MSC-Gulsun-containership-container-ship-boxship-boxship-supplied-credit-MSC.jpg

It's neither liberals or conservatives that are to blame for factory outsourcing, for that, you can blame the invention of these:

View attachment 67272262

I have something on one of those that's supposed to be here the end of the week.

The ship. Which may have to wait to get a dock and with my luck its on the very bottom of the load!

But yes. They did it as soon as it became possible, to generate higher profits.

Just like they'll give your job to a machine as soon as technology delivers that machine.

Back
Top Bottom