• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who believes in horoscopes? - And who knows the signs of the Zodiac?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My guess is, that hardly anybody believes in horoscopes - at least not openly.
But nearly everybody knows the signs of the Zodiac,
Am I right? ;)

As for me, I do not believe in horoscopes.
But I know my signs.

I am twin - or GEMINI - in the European system
- and a dog according to the Chinese system.

And on January 25th the Year of the Rat will start - if anyone wants to know.

I'm Unicorn, in the Minotaur ascendant. :lamo

I hope my questions were not too private. :shock:
Are you really afraid to answer my questions? :shock:
Do you fear that something terrible will happen to you if you do? ;)

I thought it might have been a nice topic. :)

Most people know what sign is assigned the period they were born.

I put as much validity in horoscopes as Chinese fortune cookies. Everybody reads the little strip of paper inside the fortune cookie but it is highly doubtful you are going to visit your financial agent the next day to rearrange your investments Same thing with horoscopes.

I thought more about my comment about visiting your financial agent the day after reading your Chinese fortune cookie.

Just trying to imagine my financial agent's expression when she asks why I made my decision to change my investments. lol

Your horoscope for today!

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius... and Pisces...

... the alignment of stars and planets, astrological signs of the twelve 30° sectors of the ecliptic, have absolutely nothing to do with how you feel today, what happens to you today, what does not happen to you, what you do today, or do not do.

Thank you Babylonian Culture and Bronze Age Myths!

You guys might as well be cutting open a live chicken, doing a dance around some candles, drawing images on the floor with salt, and throwing the entrails from the chicken on a plate to know how you are going to feel today.

Am I right? ;)

But I know my signs.

I used to until I became a Christian, then I gave up such pagan things...

What I never know - that is my Ascendant.

If you are unsure of the sign of your Ascendant, you can determine it by entering your data below in this Ascendant/Rising Sign Calculator:

What’s My Ascendant?

Am I right? ;)

But I know my signs.

The important sign is the sign you were conceived under. My sign is Keep Off The Grass.

In the stars this week by Mystic zyzygy.

Pisces: Pluto is in conjunction with Uranus so watch out for people filming you with mobile phones. Avoid going out or staying in. Your lucky stone is Mick Jagger
Libra: Mars is in the second house from the left therefore later this week something unexpected will happen, which will not be unexpected because I just told you about it. Your lucky number is "Don't You Make My Brown eyes Blue"
Cancer: Mercury is in retrograde so expect to feel chilly. Stay away from chicken nuggets. Your lucky colour has faded.
Aries: Every day this week will present a new challenge, ignore them and you will be fine.Saturn is moving into a new house on Friday. Your lucky language is Swahili
Gemini: Your twin personality will cause problems therefore do not attempt to be in two places at the same time. Jupiter is showing an adverse aspect but will improve as the weekend approaches because Monday is a holiday too. Today is a good day for calling expensive astrological helplines, those crystal balls don't come cheap. Your lucky pet is a gerbil.
Taurus: Love can break your heart but this week fatty acids will do more damage. Avoid walking in front of moving cars. Somebody that you don't know will not bother you at all. Your lucky fruit is out of season
Leo: Neptune is rising below your sign so watch out for his trident. Your lucky month consists of twenty-eight days
Virgo: Face the consequences of your actions this week or failing that, deny everything. Your lucky item of clothing is hanging up in your wardrobe
Scorpio: Your lucky planet is the Earth
Sagittarius: You are ready to spread your wings and fly this week but remember that you are not a bird, otherwise you will end up spread over the pavement like strawberry jam. You will hear some news, but only if you listen to a news bulletin. Your lucky food gives you indigestion.
Aquarius: Your astral body will misbehave, but don't worry, you are not legally responsible, due to the fact you believe in an astral body. If a black cat crosses your path, he's probably going out or going home. Your lucky spice is Scary.
Capricorn: Avoid the Moon and festoon yourself with lucky amulets. It won't help, but nobody will bother you in public. Your lucky star is light years away so don't rely on it.

Last edited:
I don’t believe in it at all, but I do have to admit that this is pretty spot on.

9FEF2D5F-5ACD-4871-AB00-875AE3DCCD8A.jpg

The important sign is the sign you were conceived under. My sign is Keep Off The Grass.

What do you have against pot?

Fun fact: The 12 tribes of Israel match the 12 zodiac signs.

Your horoscope for today!

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius... and Pisces...

... the alignment of stars and planets, astrological signs of the twelve 30° sectors of the ecliptic, have absolutely nothing to do with how you feel today, what happens to you today, what does not happen to you, what you do today, or do not do.

Thank you Babylonian Culture and Bronze Age Myths!

You guys might as well be cutting open a live chicken, doing a dance around some candles, drawing images on the floor with salt, and throwing the entrails from the chicken on a plate to know how you are going to feel today.

If I follow your advice, at least I know I will not feel Hungry!!!!

That is taking things from a book of mysticism from about the 10th century. You won't find that earlier.

Regardless, the 12 tribes of Israel could have been based on the signs and could have been symbolic instead of a real thing.

Regardless, the 12 tribes of Israel could have been based on the signs and could have been symbolic instead of a real thing.

Maybe, but no evidence of that.

Most people know what sign is assigned the period they were born.

I put as much validity in horoscopes as Chinese fortune cookies. Everybody reads the little strip of paper inside the fortune cookie but it is highly doubtful you are going to visit your financial agent the next day to rearrange your investments Same thing with horoscopes.
Those fortune cookies aren't Chinese anyway.;)

Back
Top Bottom