• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Moves to Block Ethics Inquiry Into Ex-Lobbyists on Payroll

Good for Trump. It will be known in due time, the last administration dragged it's feet every time there was a inquiry they didn't like.

Screw em!

I got it - "They did it too, Ma!!" is the excuse you're going with.

You interested in the Kim DotCom leaks? The DNC certainly is. They're crapping their knickers.
The was quite a deflection!

But yeah, I'd like to see the details come out. Why wouldn't I?

My disgust for the Dems is only slightly less than for the Repubs. Unfortunately, in practical terms my vote has to go somewhere effective, so it often goes to them. But not always. I see it as a lesser of two evils thing. But not by much.

The rationalization seems to be ... Presidents X and Y were corrupt. Ergo, why can't Trump also be corrupt?

I really don't understand how seemingly intelligent people can embrace and defend such pretzel logic.

For the last time, I can't stand Trump. Never wanted him. He's a mere reflection of anti-establishment and an overreach.

But this pathetic daily attack on him is so transparent and lacks any semblance of integrity or honesty whatsoever. And you're about to start a Civil War that will make the last one look like a spitwad contest.

Liberals have virtually become the equivalent of ISIS to this country. They're tearing the fabric of this nation apart at the seams, all because they can't look in the mirror and like what they see.

You can't stand Trump, although he represents what "conservatism" that can actually win (kind of, well, technically) has become? But the others don't like what they see in the mirror?

You're the one posting like your undies are in a wad.

Did he release their waivers to the public? Did he block the Government Ethics Office from acquiring those wavers?

Is Trumps wee wee bigger or smaller than Obama's wee wee.

This inquiry nothing but noise to rile up rivals, media, and political nerds.

You can't stand Trump, although he represents what "conservatism" that can actually win (kind of, well, technically) has become? But the others don't like what they see in the mirror?

You're the one posting like your undies are in a wad.

The dude was a Democrat for 60 years. The party abandoned him. He is not a political conservative by any means, but he does know business better than Washington's thousands of non-practicing lawyers. That's his only attractive quality to me.

For the last time, I can't stand Trump. Never wanted him. He's a mere reflection of anti-establishment and an overreach.

But this pathetic daily attack on him is so transparent and lacks any semblance of integrity or honesty whatsoever. And you're about to start a Civil War that will make the last one look like a spitwad contest.

Liberals have virtually become the equivalent of ISIS to this country. They're tearing the fabric of this nation apart at the seams, all because they can't look in the mirror and like what they see.

I guess you slept through the Obama administration? Projection much?

And if you want to lodge that kind of BS assertion - lacks any semblance of integrity or honesty - you might pick a thread where the topic isn't Trump so obviously breaking both the letter and the spirit of the Executive Order signed by Trump. You've not even tried to defend Trump on the topic because you cannot. All you can do is whine that Obama did it too, etc.

Furthermore, just in general, Trump is handing the loaded ammo to his adversaries, just about every day. I didn't want him either, would never have voted for him no matter who else was on the ballot but I did hope he'd surprise me. But he's just been a walking train wreck practically from day one and every day there is another disaster. We've never seen anything like it in our history. As I said on another thread, I think he'll be with us for 4 years, so I still do hope he does a reset and starts acting like a POTUS instead of a spoiled pre-teen given the keys to the nuclear codes.

The dude was a Democrat for 60 years. The party abandoned him. He is not a political conservative by any means, but he does know business better than Washington's thousands of non-practicing lawyers. That's his only attractive quality to me.

He has no political principles of any kind. He gave to Democrats because NY and NYC is run by Democrats, and he needed favors mostly from Democrats. That's his entire political philosophy in one sentence.

He has no political principles of any kind. He gave to Democrats because NY and NYC is run by Democrats, and he needed favors mostly from Democrats. That's his entire political philosophy in one sentence.

You apply grease where it's needed.

And where did you get this idea of political principles from? I mean seriously.........give me a 30-40 names off the top of your head of principled politicians in DC.

It should be quite easy, seeing that there are 435 congressmen/women & another 100 in the senate...................right?

You can dig up dirt on almost every one of them.

Is Trumps wee wee bigger or smaller than Obama's wee wee.

This inquiry nothing but noise to rile up rivals, media, and political nerds.

Awhhh... Now you excusing this based off of, what? As Jesse Watters says, "no video, with no audio, with no sex, with no money, with no dead bodies. It’s boring"? :lamo ?This is a Boring Scandal? Says Fox News? Jesse Watters, As His Colleagues Look on | Mediaite

Its not the actual substance of whats going on its that that its not flashy and sexy enough!? :lamo

Oh? How many ethics inquiries did they block?

Oh my...... ETHICS!

Your party was fine when Obama payed lobbyists to work for the administration, and while he implemented his revolving gate BS to hinder following administrations.

If I were Trump......I would challenge your candy asses myself.

You apply grease where it's needed.

The person I responded to claimed he was a "democrat" for 60 years. He wasn't. That was the only point. He registered as a Democrat, and an independent, GOP, democrat, GOP, etc. That's a rough order but I don't care enough to look it up.

And where did you get this idea of political principles from? I mean seriously.........give me a 30-40 names off the top of your head of principled politicians in DC. It should be quite easy, seeing that there are 435 congressmen/women & another 100 in the senate...................right?

You can dig up dirt on almost every one of them.

OK, not sure what your point is. Having political principles isn't asserting that the person holding them is a person of integrity, which I think is your point. But for lots of them, you can predict where they'll fall on at least most major issues. If in GOP, strong 2A, anti-abortion, low taxes, regulations. Pick any major topic and there's an almost 100% chance Trump's been on both sides of the issue, often DURING the campaign, with the exception of immigration.

And most have dirt on them, all depending on your definition of dirt. Not sure what any of this has to do with anything.

It's more like...................there is nothing there.

If there is nothing there...... Then why wont Trump release the waivers publicly? Or at least to the Government Ethics office?

If there is nothing there...... Then why wont Trump release the waivers publicly? Or at least to the Government Ethics office?

Why not delay it, block it, stall it. If I saw you coming at me for reasons that I thought were antagonistic, I wouldn't give you the time of day regardless of my innocence or guilt.

Why not delay it, block it, stall it. If I saw you coming at me for reasons that I thought were antagonistic, I wouldn't give you the time of day regardless of my innocence or guilt.

So an unprecedented move to "stall" what? Past Presidents either released these publicly or handed them over to the Government Ethics Office.... You are pulling out just about every excuse in the book.

Oh my...... ETHICS!

Your party was fine when Obama payed lobbyists to work for the administration, and while he implemented his revolving gate BS to hinder following administrations.

So none then? The complaint isn't about hiring lobbyists, it's about blocking the ethics inquiries.

So none then? The complaint isn't about hiring lobbyists, it's about blocking the ethics inquiries.

So what! Screw your side of the aisle! Why not ask Obama why he hired 65 lobbyists, then made a rule that blocks others from doing the same. I would screw with you all day long just for the entertainment value alone if I were part of Trump's administration.

And please don't come back with the honesty, principles, and core values BS. Both sides have abandoned values years ago.

Why would disclosing waivers be antagonistic? Trump signed the EO forbidding lobbyists from participating in decisions that they lobbied for in the past two years, so he should be eager to show he's complying with HIS EO.

Oh my...... ETHICS!

What "revolving gate BS" is that? Trump signed his own EO about lobbyists - nothing to do with Obama.

Why would disclosing waivers be antagonistic? Trump signed the EO forbidding lobbyists from participating in decisions that they lobbied for in the past two years, so he should be eager to show he's complying with HIS EO.

Can I ask you when you stopped beating your wife? Is that a fair question to ask without having all the facts about you? Let's see what shakes out before jumping to conclusions. Do we have all the names of the lobbyists that were hired, or even if it is true or not?

When and if I actually see them, I will form a opinion.

And please.....stop playing coy with me. The left is after Trump for leaving the toilet seat up, or down, or up.......................what ever.

Back
Top Bottom