• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'When the looting starts, the shooting starts': Trump outraged by Minnesota protests

Not really.

Yes really. All that you go on to complain about in right wing media:

But it is the foundation on which AM right wing talk radio was founded, and on which it exists. And that is the precise formula that Roger Ailes applied to the business model for Fox. He made no bones about it ether. He wanted to create AM right wing talk radio with pictures. And he did.

Local televsion news survives largely on titillation and entertainment, a formula that increasingly transferred itself to national “new” reporting. This was because the career chain in television news switched after the 1960s. Before then, national news reporters and personalities came from real journalism, and had done their time in the trenches. The recruiting ground for “news” today is local TV news and the consultants that design most of the programs (ever wonder why local TV news is pretty much the same everywhere you go in this country?).

Walter Cronkite cut his teeth as an all night police reporter, and worked the city desk long before he ever saw a television camera.

Meghyn Kelly started out on a local TV news station in DC, doing lovable cat caught in tree stories before Rupert Murdoch catapulted her to national anchor.

Television, in general, is a very poor source of news. If it is your primary source, you are not well informed at all. Regardless of political stripe. Television is visual, simplistic and superficial. It cannot deal with complicated concepts and it easily susceptible to manipulation by people with agendas.

And the audience is passive, satisfied as long as its view is validated and they are entertained.

The used of these weakness for polical advantage began in the 1980s. Then, a little known congressman from Georgia figured out that he could make himself into a national celebrity just by giving hyper partisan speeches in the well of the empty House chamber before the CSpan cameras. He know that the sound bytes would make the network news. So he just ranted, and preached division and partisanship as a core value. His name was Newt Gingrich.

is equally true in Left Wing media. Outrage sells.

95% of Covid deaths have occurred in blue cities.

All of the riots have occurred in blue cities.

The problem is blue cities.

The Democrats are disgraceful here. They have no leadership, no message, no strength. It’s all just “Orange man bad”.

Joe Biden: "Arson of cities and senseless destruction is wrong... like violence that puts people's lives at risk." So why did you support the violence and destruction in Kiev in 2014, you hypocritical piece of garbage?

What do you mean your 400 year repression of blacks? The Civil War is over. The democrat slave owners lost. Get over it. We don't need to live in the past. I thought Obama straightened out all the supposed wrongs allegedly being committed against blacks by white folk when he had total control of Congress. What did he fail to get done?

Itemize a few wrongs you think still need to be righted.

You obviously do not understand US history and seemingly lack any empathy for those that are not white. Your ignorance prevents you from making intelligent contributions to a discussion on this subject, illustrating why you don't really comprehend what is going on.

There isn't a simple "list" of things to be had, but a call to walk a mile in the shoes of a person that has known 400 years of institutional repression. If you want a list, here are a list of more than 100 black men and women killed by police in questionable circumstances during 2015. Perhaps you could explain them to us.

Police killed more than 100 unarmed black people in 2015 — Mapping Police Violence

If you are Christian, as you claim to be, I suggest you spend a bit more time getting in touch with the journey your black brothers and sisters have endured in their 400 years in America. Things didn't just end with the civil war. The following might be a good starting place. While you are at it, however, you spend a little time in Matthew as well... I think it helps you better understand what Jesus expects of us, which is empathy for our brothers and sisters. We should be shedding tears when I brothers shed tears.

https://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~wright/Co...er 14 -- Racial inequality--Norton August.pdf
Oppression in America: 'To root this out we need a movement against racist policies' | US news | The Guardian
African Americans and Jim Crow: Repression and Protest, 1883-1922 | Readex
Reconstruction and Repression, 1865-1900 - Civil Rights (U.S. National Park Service)
The Segregation Era (1900–1939) - The Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Long Struggle for Freedom | Exhibitions - Library of Congress
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_United_States

Last edited:
You obviously do not understand US history and seemingly lack any empathy for those that are not white. Your ignorance prevents you from making intelligent contributions to a discussion on this subject, illustrating why you don't really comprehend what is going on.

There isn't a simple "list" of things to be had, but a call to walk a mile in the shoes of a person that has known 400 years of institutional repression. If you want a list, here are a list of more than 100 black men and women killed by police in questionable circumstances during 2015. Perhaps you could explain them to us.

Police killed more than 100 unarmed black people in 2015 — Mapping Police Violence

If you are Christian, as you claim to be, I suggest you spend a bit more time getting in touch with the journey your black brothers and sisters have endured in their 400 years in America. Things didn't just end with the civil war. The following might be a good starting place. While you are at it, however, you spend a little time in Matthew as well... I think it helps you better understand what Jesus expects of us, which is empathy for our brothers and sisters. We should be shedding tears when I brothers shed tears.

https://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~wright/Co...er 14 -- Racial inequality--Norton August.pdf
Oppression in America: 'To root this out we need a movement against racist policies' | US news | The Guardian
African Americans and Jim Crow: Repression and Protest, 1883-1922 | Readex
Reconstruction and Repression, 1865-1900 - Civil Rights (U.S. National Park Service)
The Segregation Era (1900–1939) - The Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Long Struggle for Freedom | Exhibitions - Library of Congress
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_United_States
So the leftist intelligensia are rioting and looting becase of something that happened years and centuries ago? That makes sense. It never was about George Floyd.

Then by all means Puigb.

Show us where Trump condoned the white nationalist.

So, you going to show me all the lies I've supposedly told?

The Democrats are disgraceful here. They have no leadership, no message, no strength. It’s all just “Orange man bad”.

What leadership has Trump shown? All he's done is further call for violence by quoting racist police chief's from the 1960's, while his supporters are out there causing mayhem and pretending to be "victims" while they shoot arrows at protestors, or wave machete's around to cause problems.

Now we know white nationalists/alt right losers are out there among the "rioters" as well, all doing their bidding for dear leader.

What leadership has Trump shown? All he's done is further call for violence by quoting racist police chief's from the 1960's, while his supporters are out there causing mayhem and pretending to be "victims" while they shoot arrows at protestors, or wave machete's around to cause problems.

Are you seriously implying that most of the violence out there is being caused by Trump supporters?

As far as quoting the racist police chief, I believe Trump when he says this...

"I've heard that phrase for a long time. I don't know where it came from or where it originated," Trump said. "Frankly, it means when there's looting, people get shot and they die. And if you look at what happened last night and the night before, you see that, it's very common. And that's the way that's meant."

There's no reason to disbelieve him, unless you're playing "gotcha" and using this for political gain

Are you seriously implying that most of the violence out there is being caused by Trump supporters?

They are absolutely out there causing problems for political purposes, but did I say most? no.

I]"I've heard that phrase for a long time. I don't know where it came from or where it originated," Trump said. "Frankly, it means when there's looting, people get shot and they die. And if you look at what happened last night and the night before, you see that, it's very common. And that's the way that's meant."[/I]

There's no reason to disbelieve him, unless you're playing "gotcha" and using this for political gain

He shouldn't have been quoting him, period. It was a dog whistle aimed at the racist among his base.

He shouldn't have been quoting him, period. It was a dog whistle aimed at the racist among his base.

Do you have any evidence that he knew the origin of the quote? I honestly don't think he did

And this fallacy that racist groups make up Trump's "base" needs to end, it's extremely offensive to Republicans

Do Muslim Extremists make up the Muslim-American "base"?

Do you have any evidence that he knew the origin of the quote? I honestly don't think he did

And this fallacy that racist groups make up Trump's "base" needs to end - Do Muslim Extremists make up the Muslim-American "base"?

Another attempt to deflect from dear leader's own words. How so very sad.

You bring your grief and sadness upon yourself. Become a Republican, like so many Black and Hispanic Americans are doing, and you'll cheer up in no time,

How about answering the questions lol;)? It's difficult to accuse other people of "deflecting" if you're unable to stay on topic...

They are absolutely out there causing problems for political purposes, but did I say most? no.

It seems you're the only one picking up dog whistles. Others go by what was acually said.

So the leftist intelligensia are rioting and looting becase of something that happened years and centuries ago? That makes sense. It never was about George Floyd.

No, it's something very recent. Let's reframe your POV.

EZiE40bX0AAchNO

No, they are stupid and ignorant for voting in a moron like Donald J Trump. Try to keep up.

Maybe that explains why so many democrats don't think they are wrong to commit voter fraud if the goal is to remove Trump.

You're dodging a fair question about a claim you clearly made about Obama, marke. Why are you dodging that fair, direct question? Either answer the question or out yourself as a 'bad faith debator.' ....your call.... your integrity as a 'good faith' DP debater on the line.

What did Obama do to solve the problems blacks claim they have been having for hundreds of years in America? What is it that blacks want done? Any specific recommendations?

What did Obama do to solve the problems blacks claim they have been having for hundreds of years in America? What is it that blacks want done? Any specific recommendations?

another deflection by marke. Thank you for personally validating you are indeed a 'bad faith' debater.

You bring your grief and sadness upon yourself. Become a Republican, like so many Black and Hispanic Americans are doing, and you'll cheer up in no time,

LOL, you like dealing with "alternative facts", eh?

You see how lying leftist propaganda is spread around on the poor and ignorant like jelly, inciting them to violence, assaults, burnings, lootings and murder? All of these supposed 'murders' were committed while Obama was in office and yet not one in a hundred of these so-called 'murders' resulted in charges. Not state charges and not federal charges. Why no charges? Because the cops were not guilty. Can you see why lying narratives are causing such damage to America? We will likely never cure the poor and ignorant of their motivstions to commit heinous crimes as long as their leaders keep lying to them.

Let me auto-correct the above lying headline:

Hateful lying propagandists inspire widespread death and destruction by falsely claiming hundreds of innocent blacks have been murdered by cops in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom