• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'When the looting starts, the shooting starts': Trump outraged by Minnesota protests

You missed the point and you are compounding the issue with every post...

Lol mate you are so full of it. You have no reasonable retort to everything I’ve mentioned with directly links Trump to being closer to a fascist than any left leaning group. All you have is insults and deflection. I’m bored of this now, it’s like talking to a wall.

Lol mate you are so full of it. You have no reasonable retort to everything I’ve mentioned with directly links Trump to being closer to a fascist than any left leaning group. All you have is insults and deflection. I’m bored of this now, it’s like talking to a wall.

Nothing I said was about Trump... hence your error in addressing me about it.

Nothing I said was about Trump... hence your error in addressing me about it.

No you intervened in a conversation i was having with another poster who called the left wing fascists and i retorted by suggesting that he was in fact the actual because he voted for Trump. You literally quoted my comment about Trump being the fascist.

Here's another headline from our great media...

Louisville TV Reporter Shot By Police During Live Broadcast Covering Street Protests

A reporter for an NBC affiliate station in Louisville, KY was fired upon by police Friday night during a live broadcast covering street protests in that city. Kaitlin Rust, a journalist at WAVE 3, was live on the air when a man wearing a mask and vest that said “police” began firing at her and a colleague.
In the video, Rust is heard screaming, “I’m getting shot!”

OMG!!! The police are now firing on the press!!!

Later in the article...

“Rubber bullets!” Rust said. “Rubber bullets!” She later amended it to, “It’s OK. It’s those pepper bullets.”

It's great that we have a media so devoted to not misleading anyone against those rotten police and their brutal tactics on the poor rioters and looters.

Oh, it happened in 1921 but because Faulkner said "The past is never dead. It's not even past", and the clueless believe him, riots will continue throughout the centuries into 2021, 3021 and so on. And all over the United States. It takes a special kind of stupid to believe something like that.

I wonder if you would be so rude in person..It has NOTHING to do with belief. Faulkner was a wise man. He keenly observed human nature. At the time he did not know about epigenetic biology which suggests a inheritable biological affect as the result of trauma. Even if that branch of study turns out to be over- stated, it is clear that societies do not readily forget trauma- think holocaust.

As for the current unrest. There was some property damage and looting in my small city yesterday. Who did it? Dollars to donuts it was some rowdy teens and homeless drug addicts. All white folks I am quite certain. I hope they are identified and punished- made to clean up the mess and forced to pay for the broken windows

I wonder if you would be so rude in person..It has NOTHING to do with belief. Faulkner was a wise man. He keenly observed human nature. At the time he did not know about epigenetic biology which suggests a inheritable biological affect as the result of trauma. Even if that branch of study turns out to be over- stated, it is clear that societies do not readily forget trauma- think holocaust.
I can see the point that "The past is never dead", but there must also have an expiration date. The Holocaust of 'Never Forget' is a good example but the Germans and Japanese are still trying to do the opposite. And soon it will only be remembered in history books.

The second part, "It's not even past" is intended to be profound but is just foolish. The word 'past' exists for a reason - and is infinite.

I'm not usually a rude person but am often impatience with those who use a statement by someone famous to support whatever point they're trying to make. In this instance you made your own point and didn't need Faulkner at all to give it credibility. I do apologize for my rudeness because you've demonstrated, though it should not even have been necessary, that you're very sincere.
As for the current unrest. There was some property damage and looting in my small city yesterday. Who did it? Dollars to donuts it was some rowdy teens and homeless drug addicts. All white folks I am quite certain. I hope they are identified and punished- made to clean up the mess and forced to pay for the broken windows
Please report the results.

Standing with your thumb up your ass while police stations burn won't win votes for Democrats.

Don't worry. All of what we have seen last week will win votes for Democrats. It was not a good week for team Trump.

How about looking at two reports of hundreds demonstrating the problem of illegal felon voting. This is not about whether felons should vote, it is about the fact that felons have broken the law by voting and democrats have to lie in order to say it does not happen.

Were 275 votes cast by Florida felons illegally? Miami-Dade prosecutors investigate
Miami Herald

AUGUST 14, 2018 10:27 PM , UPDATED AUGUST 15, 2018 08:18 AM

Convicted felons charged with illegally voting in Hoke :: WRAL.com

Really... who cares?

This is not only trivial, its wrong. It is also a trap. Most of these people did not even know they were doing anything wrong....and, should felons be denied the right to vote in the first place?

From your cite: "...."It's not about breaking the law. It's about being victimized by the law for doing something you had no knowledge about, in fact, was even encouraged to do," Bratcher posted on social media....."

We are in the middle of a deadly pandemic and our 400 year repression of blacks has manifested itself in an ugly way this week and this is what bothers you? Life it either too good or you just can't get your brain wrapped around things that are really important.

Exactly. America needs to crack down on illegal voting and voter fraud, not for issues ralated to race, but to preserve the freedom and integrity of America.

There is nothing to "crack down" on. There is zero issue here. This is a figment of your imagination as put in your head by the fact-free political smut you let your mind consume. This is evidence that is it doing you harm as you are worried about something that does not exist and distracted from issues that actually exist.

How Voter ID Laws Are Being Used to Disenfranchise Minorities and the Poor - The Atlantic
Voting Rights and Discrimination FAQ - FindLaw
http://pages.ucsd.edu/~zhajnal/page5/documents/voterIDhajnaletal.pdf
https://www.brennancenter.org/sites.../Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf
https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/494649-the-voter-fraud-fraud
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-latest-voter-fraud-misinformation/
http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legal-work/TX_voter_ID_decision_100914.pdf
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07/20/appeals-court-rules-texas-voter-id/

Last edited:
Trump will be raked over the coals for this, but looters SHOULD be shot on sight.

Trump is telling the truth. When looters begin destroying peoples livelihoods and threatening their lives and future, they better be prepared to get lead poisoning for their troubles.

Antifa are animals. They are disgusting monsters. Everyone who defended these animals on this site should feel ashamed but most of those people are incapable of shame.

Trump is telling the truth. When looters begin destroying peoples livelihoods and threatening their lives and future, they better be prepared to get lead poisoning for their troubles.

Antifa are animals. They are disgusting monsters. Everyone who defended these animals on this site should feel ashamed but most of those people are incapable of shame.

So two contract security officers guarding a federal building in Oakland were shot, one fatally. This was an assassination. The dead officer, by the way, was black. Where's the outrage about this? And I'm called sick because I want to use extreme force to restore order. Enough is enough.

Feds: Deadly shooting during Oakland protest 'terrorism'

Don't worry. All of what we have seen last week will win votes for Democrats. It was not a good week for team Trump.

Torched buildings and looted stores will win the Dems votes? I doubt that.

Torched buildings and looted stores will win the Dems votes? I doubt that.

By conventional wisdom the Republicans are the law and order party, which would make your statement a good bet in normal circumstances. There are a couple of things going on, however, that I believe make your statement incorrect.

1) the underlying issue is an unchecked police force, which has worked to abuse the black community for generations. Over the past few decades, they have actually gotten away with murder. Monday's killing (lynching) of Floyd was so egregious, so over the top that it has exposed the police as the outlaws. It was 'the last straw". Social justice is a much higher value to millennials than the generations that preceded them. They have been active in the protests. This is likely to motivate much more voter participation on their part than might have happened had things remained calm.

2) the core protest has been reasonably orderly. There are agitators behind the scenes, however. First, there are looters. With 25% unemployment, even much higher in the minority communities, while its not excusable, it is understandable. Much of the unemployed in this group will still be unemployed in November. They will be voting. Second, there are political forces at work fanning the flames. Although we do not yet know who they are, it likely will include anarchists and members of boogaloo, which exist to break down government ... they each are more associated with the radical right than anything.

3) the Republican POTUS, who should be a calming force in all of this, but he has actually served as an agitator. That will win him no votes and cost him many.

We clearly have a very deep seeded race issue in this country, that includes racial and economic inequality. The black community was even harder hit than the rest in the pandemic, which was both a reflection of our poor healthcare system and racial inequality. Trump's policies have worked to make all of these things worse (included telling US police departments that the DoJ would not be investigating them)... any hope Trump had off gaining black votes is gone.

Last edited:
Trump will be raked over the coals for this, but looters SHOULD be shot on sight.

That will surely solve things. Wake up. Trump has been urging cops to brutalize people, has engaged in lynch mob rhetoric since before he became president. He is not the cause of what happened by any means, but his miserable comments set the tone. (See the El Paso shooting for a parallel.) Trump is a sad, lonely, pitiful man.

Fortunately, most all of our cops are better than the Minneapolis Morons. I can't imagine how angry many police are at what has happened.

Last edited:
Really... who cares?

This is not only trivial, its wrong. It is also a trap. Most of these people did not even know they were doing anything wrong....and, should felons be denied the right to vote in the first place?

Of course there are those who don't think felons should be denied a vote, but if the law says felons are not allowed to vote and they do vote than that constitutes voter fraud. Democrats are stupid and evil for disagreeing with the definition of fraud in this case just so they can claim no fraud is taking place.

Of course there are those who don't think felons should be denied a vote, but if the law says felons are not allowed to vote and they do vote than that constitutes voter fraud. Democrats are stupid and evil for disagreeing with the definition of fraud in this case just so they can claim no fraud is taking place.

No one is more stupid than Republicans. After all, they voted in the Failure in Chief.

We are in the middle of a deadly pandemic and our 400 year repression of blacks has manifested itself in an ugly way this week and this is what bothers you? Life it either too good or you just can't get your brain wrapped around things that are really important.

What do you mean your 400 year repression of blacks? The Civil War is over. The democrat slave owners lost. Get over it. We don't need to live in the past. I thought Obama straightened out all the supposed wrongs allegedly being committed against blacks by white folk when he had total control of Congress. What did he fail to get done?

Itemize a few wrongs you think still need to be righted.

There is nothing to "crack down" on. There is zero issue here. This is a figment of your imagination as put in your head by the fact-free political smut you let your mind consume. This is evidence that is it doing you harm as you are worried about something that does not exist and distracted from issues that actually exist.

Will crooks who commit election and voter fraud lie about it? Absonutely! Will supporters of they lying frauds and ctrooks believe and repeat the lies told them by the crooks? Absolutely! Here is a proven case of fraud from 20 years ago. What have we done to stop this kind of fraud since? Anything?

The trial judge, Thomas S. Wilson Jr., concluded that “the evidence shows a pattern of fraudulent, intentional and criminal conduct that resulted in such an extensive abuse of the absentee ballot laws that it can
fairly be said that the intent of these laws was totally frustrated.... This scheme to defraud, literally and
figuratively stole the ballot from the hands of every honest voter in the city of Miami.”39 Judge Wilson overturned the results of the November 4 election and ordered a new election, but his remedy was overturned
on appeal. The appellate court affirmed the finding of fraud but voided the remedy of a new election and
remanded the case to the lower court with instructions to enter a final judgment that voided all of the
absentee ballots, determining the outcome of the election by the machine total alone. This decision took
victory out of Xavier Suarez’s hands and gave it to Miami’s new mayor, Joe Carollo.
The 1997 Miami mayor’s race presents one of the more egregious cases of election fraud in recent memory.

https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Analysis.pdf

What do you mean your 400 year repression of blacks? The Civil War is over. The democrat slave owners lost. Get over it. We don't need to live in the past. I thought Obama straightened out all the supposed wrongs allegedly being committed against blacks by white folk when he had total control of Congress. What did he fail to get done?

Itemize a few wrongs you think still need to be righted.

On what basis do you make the claim "I thought Obama straightened out all of the supposed wrongs allegedly committed against blacks? Is that you personal opinion, or do you have have a link to present that attributes that claim to someone else. If it's latter, produce the link. If not, we can safely assume it is merely 'your opinion.'

What do you mean your 400 year repression of blacks? The Civil War is over.

That post demonstrates an ignorance of monumental proportions. I know for a fact there are Primary School students who have a much better grasp of American history than you. Shame.

No one is more stupid than Republicans. After all, they voted in the Failure in Chief.

If republicans fight efforts to secure our elections against fraud then they are also stupid and ignorant.

If republicans fight efforts to secure our elections against fraud then they are also stupid and ignorant.

No, they are stupid and ignorant for voting in a moron like Donald J Trump. Try to keep up.

On what basis do you make the claim "I thought Obama straightened out all of the supposed wrongs allegedly committed against blacks? Is that you personal opinion, or do you have have a link to present that attributes that claim to someone else. If it's latter, produce the link. If not, we can safely assume it is merely 'your opinion.'

No, if some guy wants to claim America has been oppressing blacks for 400 non-stop years then I want the guy to prove it. The claim cannot be proven because it is a lie. That is why I asked for an explanation to support the broad brush allegation, particularly during the Obama years. Was Obama an incompetent president to allow 400 years of black oppression to continue on his watch?

No, they are stupid and ignorant for voting in a moron like Donald J Trump. Try to keep up.

I know anti-American idiots on the left hate Trump and call him all sorts of disrespectful names, but that is what disgruntled mob-think leftists do because they are blinded by the heinously hateful lying narratives being constantly dished out by ungodly leftist morons in the media.

No, if some guy wants to claim America has been oppressing blacks for 400 non-stop years then I want the guy to prove it. The claim cannot be proven because it is a lie. That is why I asked for an explanation to support the broad brush allegation, particularly during the Obama years. Was Obama an incompetent president to allow 400 years of black oppression to continue on his watch?

You're dodging a fair question about a claim you clearly made about Obama, marke. Why are you dodging that fair, direct question? Either answer the question or out yourself as a 'bad faith debator.' ....your call.... your integrity as a 'good faith' DP debater on the line.

'When the looting starts, the shooting starts'

Yeah, Trump fanned the flames causing millions more in property damage than otherwise would've happened.

Thanks, Trump.

Back
Top Bottom