• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What will an Obama concession speech sound like?

Same as Romney:

"Well, ****."

He would thank all who participated in his campaign, acknowledge his wife and family, tell people to keep up the good fight, graciously concede and say all should support the best interests of the country.

I think your a little overly optimistic.

It depends on what kind of person YOU are. For me, I tend to like people and give them the benifit of the doubt until they show me otherwise. I was merely assuming that you might give people that kind of latitude as well. Am I wrong?

I am that kind of person. But I've had several years to observe Obama. You make it sound like he's some unknown quantity.

Then clearly that is what I'm asking you to prove.

Gosh, I don't know; I guess we could start with all the cracks about the Republicans needing to sit in the back seat, following in the heels of beginning negotiations for the stimulus with "I won." Could be in the health care debates when McCain asked him why certain states like Nebraska and Louisiana should get special favors, and Obama shot him down with "we're not campaigning anymore; the election's over." Could be lots of things like that. :shrug:

Election results come in.
Obama loses
Obama pardons every killer and rapist in the country

Then the Dems blame the Repubs for the HUGE rise in violent crime over the next four years and then say that Romney doesn't accept responsibility for anything and is always trying to blame everything on the previous administration.

You would see graciousness among both candidates. That is, if you would watch their remarks.

I watched it. He made some funny quips.

I am that kind of person. But I've had several years to observe Obama.

Then what's with all the evasive maneuvers? If you see people the same as me, then it was rather obvious that you take people as good until they show otherwise.

You make it sound like he's some unknown quantity.

Actually, your dodging my simple question to prove that he wasn't gracious by your obsevations.

Gosh, I don't know; I guess we could start with all the cracks about the Republicans needing to sit in the back seat, following in the heels of beginning negotiations for the stimulus with "I won." Could be in the health care debates when McCain asked him why certain states like Nebraska and Louisiana should get special favors, and Obama shot him down with "we're not campaigning anymore; the election's over." Could be lots of things like that. :shrug:

Awesome lack of any context there yo.

I am that kind of person. But I've had several years to observe Obama.

I'm guessing you drew your conclusion the first time you saw him. There's just something ... DIFFERENT about him that makes you think he'd respond differently from every other candidate....

Then what's with all the evasive maneuvers? If you see people the same as me, then it was rather obvious that you take people as good until they show otherwise.

I didn't know it (how I see people in general) was an issue until you brought it up, in which case I answered you straight away. :shrug:

Actually, your dodging my simple question to prove that he wasn't gracious by your obsevations.

I had already said he wasn't very gracious in victory. But that's not what you asked me about.

Awesome lack of any context there yo.

No context makes him any less of a tool for having said those things. But you can try to provide it if you like.

I'm guessing you drew your conclusion the first time you saw him. There's just something ... DIFFERENT about him that makes you think he'd respond differently from every other candidate....

And I'm "guessing" that you're calling me a racist, which is exactly the type of classiness I've come to expect from you.

I didn't know it (how I see people in general) was an issue until you brought it up, in which case I answered you straight away. :shrug:

I had already said he wasn't very gracious in victory. But that's not what you asked me about.

No context makes him any less of a tool for having said those things. But you can try to provide it if you like.

You are more slippery than slick willie. You dodged several times and now it's someone else's responsibility to provide links to your accusations. lol

I guess that's the end of this discussion that is destined to end where it began.

And I'm "guessing" that you're calling me a racist, which is exactly the type of classiness I've come to expect from you.

Okay, now I'll play Harshaw....

What?! Show me where in my post I said one WORD about race?! You are so dishonest!!

:lamo

Mirror to the other thread.

I'm thinking, blaming others.

Obama's concession speech can be summed up in the following smiley:

:2bigcry:

Okay, now I'll play Harshaw....

What?! Show me where in my post I said one WORD about race?! You are so dishonest!!

:lamo

Well, then all you have to do is explain exactly what you meant by "DIFFERENT . . ." if it wasn't about Obama's race. No, really. G'head.

(And see if anyone believes you.)

That's not gloating. It's the president telling members of Congress that these were particular issues were litigated in the election, and the voters made their choice.

:rofl

I didn't say it was "gloating." I said it was him being a tool, which it was.

:rofl

Well, then all you have to do is explain exactly what you meant by "DIFFERENT . . ." if it wasn't about Obama's race. No, really. G'head.

(And see if anyone believes you.)

I don't have to do dick, Bro. You claim there's something different about Obama that would cause him to behave differently from every other candidate who's ever lost a presidential election -- not me.

I don't have to do dick, Bro. You claim there's something different about Obama that would cause him to behave differently from every other candidate who's ever lost a presidential election -- not me.

If you don't have the stones to own up to what you say, that's your own problem. :shrug: I'm sure everyone -- poweRob, too -- got your meaning loud and clear.

As to the conclusions I draw about Obama, I've explaining their basis for the last several posts.

If you don't have the stones to own up to what you say, that's your own problem. :shrug: I'm sure everyone -- poweRob, too -- got your meaning loud and clear.

As to the conclusions I draw about Obama, I've explaining their basis for the last several posts.

Agreed, the message was loud and clear. Your explanation is about as hollow as can be.

Agreed, the message was loud and clear.

Indeed it was. You called me a racist:

Ain't no one gonna think you didn't. But scurry away from it if you must.

Indeed it was. You called me a racist:

Ain't no one gonna think you didn't. But scurry away from it if you must.

I guess people will just have to draw their own conclusions as to whether or not you are a racist.

I guess people will just have to draw their own conclusions as to whether or not you are a racist.

Are we seriously making this out to be about race? Do you not know your own history. George W. Bush had thee most diverse cabinet in U.S. history. Facts are a "B" word, aren't they?

I'm thinking he strolls confidently up on stage, starts off strong and likeable. Then part way in to his speech his mic starts cutting out and half of what he told people he'd say never gets said. In the end he looks straight at the camera, states that he is the queen of England, drops the mic and walks offstage to a standing ovation from the press who go on to proclaim it the best speech in the history of man.

I LOL'ed. And of course we know he'd have to be crazy to proclaim himself Queen of England, knowing how much of the anti-colonialist still lives within him, like in his dreams from his Father.

Are we seriously making this out to be about race? Do you not know your own history. George W. Bush had thee most diverse cabinet in U.S. history. Facts are a "B" word, aren't they?

That must be how he greets all the new Conservative posters. He called me a racist and someone else I recall, recently. Pay it no mind, it means nothing. :)

His concession speech will consist of a series of appearances, crying about he's brilliant and everybody else is ****ed up.

Back
Top Bottom