• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What will an Obama concession speech sound like?

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mirror to the other thread.

I'm thinking, blaming others.

"I want to thank George Bush for providing my frame of reference and I thank Mitt Romney for being the guy who will greet the apocalypse".

I'm thinking he strolls confidently up on stage, starts off strong and likeable. Then part way in to his speech his mic starts cutting out and half of what he told people he'd say never gets said. In the end he looks straight at the camera, states that he is the queen of England, drops the mic and walks offstage to a standing ovation from the press who go on to proclaim it the best speech in the history of man.

Mirror to the other thread.

I'm thinking, blaming others.

I have known pretty much what every losing candidate would say, but I have to be honest -- I have no idea what Obama would say. I'd give 50/50 odds he wouldn't even make a concession speech.

I have known pretty much what every losing candidate would say, but I have to be honest -- I have no idea what Obama would say. I'd give 50/50 odds he wouldn't even make a concession speech.

that would be.... something.

what are the odds they claim voter suppression or some other scheme a'la 2000?

"I'm bein' lynched! I'm bein' lynched. Lord almighty I'm bein' lynched. By the way, please donate to my foundation........off to be richer than Mitt in a couple years cause I was lynched. Peace out."

I I I I I I I I I I

(err uh uh ehe eh eh eh uh ..uh ...)

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

(err uh uh ehe eh eh eh uh ..uh ...)

"The transfer of power has been peaceful, a demonstration of America's great character and the soundness of its institutions."

Obama takes not blame for anything, of course he will blame others or some event. Like the weather.

I do not put it past Obama to be the first.

Though he will most likely have plenty to say when he does his rounds on all the talk shows. He'll milk those until they get tired of him.

SOMEONE will.

I'd give 50/50 odds he wouldn't even make a concession speech.

So its not enough to just disagree with a candidate you have to think the personal worse of him. What evidence has he given you to think he wouldn't be gracious in defeat?

"**** this noise... I'm goin' back to Kenya."

So its not enough to just disagree with a candidate you have to think the personal worse of him.

Not everyone's the same, and for some people, it's warranted. There are plenty of people I disagree with about whom I wouldn't have said anything like that. You'll notice that I specifically said I could imagine what every other losing candidate would say. That includes Democrats with whom I disagreed vehemently.

So, really, step back.

What evidence has he given you to think he wouldn't be gracious in defeat?

Graciousness is not a particular characteristic I've observed in him. He certainly hasn't been especially gracious in victory. With nothing left to lose, he'd have no incentive.

But I didn't say he wouldn't give one. I said I thought it was 50/50.

Not everyone's the same, and for some people, it's warranted. There are plenty of people I disagree with about whom I wouldn't have said anything like that. You'll notice that I specifically said I could imagine what every other losing candidate would say. That includes Democrats with whom I disagreed vehemently.

So, really, step back.

Graciousness is not a particular characteristic I've observed in him. He certainly hasn't been especially gracious in victory. With nothing left to lose, he'd have no incentive.

But I didn't say he wouldn't give one. I said I thought it was 50/50.

You didn't actually think you could say that without being asked to prove it did you?

You didn't actually think you could say that without being asked to prove it did you?

How does one prove that he's never observed something?

If it comes to that, I'm sure it will be as proper as any concession speech. Thanking his supporters and congratulating Romney. Sure it will include some "time to come togethers as a nation" and so on.

How does one prove that he's never observed something?

If you haven't observed him being gracious, which is a default trait, then you have had to observe him being otherwise. Unless you are going with the inverse notion that you think people are always assholes until they show otherwise.

If you haven't observed him being gracious, which is a default trait, then you have had to observe him being otherwise. Unless you are going with the inverse notion that you think people are always assholes until they show otherwise.

How is graciousness a "default trait"?

I affirmatively witnessed him being a tool in victory. Does that help?

How is graciousness a "default trait"?

It depends on what kind of person YOU are. For me, I tend to like people and give them the benifit of the doubt until they show me otherwise. I was merely assuming that you might give people that kind of latitude as well. Am I wrong?

I affirmatively witnessed him being a tool in victory. Does that help?

Then clearly that is what I'm asking you to prove.

He would thank all who participated in his campaign, acknowledge his wife and family, tell people to keep up the good fight, graciously concede and say all should support the best interests of the country.

Back
Top Bottom