• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

Second Hand Lions. Anyone over the age of 50 should see it.

You're gonna die, so why not die with your boots on?

The other night I watched "Collateral". I had not seen in several years. Still a very good movie with lots of funny quips.

Via Netflix....Everyman's War.

5 of 5.

The Amazing Spider-Man 8/10. Very enjoyable flick, while going through the origin story for the first 20 minutes or so was frustrating, I enjoyed everything else. The casting imo, was excellent, and Garfield played a much better spidey than Macguire. Much better than Raimi's previous films. Will be excited to see where they go with the sequel.

P.S: Gwen Stacy > Mary Jane anyday.

American Reunion

i give it a 6.5 out of 10.
Funny, fun movie, cute. 2nd of the best of the original series.

Ted. Other than the voice over, Seth Mcfarlane is at his usual. Its quite funny at times. Quite a few cameos, Star quality (some) Whalberg has some comedic talent.... 8 out of 10

watched two yesterday :

Lonely Hearts; period serial killer / cop drama with John Travolta, Jared Leto, Selma Hayek, and James Gandolfini. good acting, good plot, better than i expected. 7/10

Hoffa : believe it or not, i hadn't seen this 1992 film yet. well done and interesting; had some real 1992-lousy "i can totally tell that was filmed inside on a set" moments. however, i found it oddly appealing, and the acting was top notch. 7.5/10.

Gettysburg.

3 out 0f 5 mainly because 4 hours is too much time devoted to a 3 day battle.

Plus Sheen's Lee was less than steller compared to Duvall's portrayal of Lee in Gods and Generals.

I just saw a terrific movie that probably flew under the radar for most people. It's called "The Hunter" and stars Willem Dafoe. It it by an Iranian director and is set in Tasmania, so may not be in most theaters, but I'd recommend it highly.

Gettysburg.

3 out 0f 5 mainly because 4 hours is too much time devoted to a 3 day battle.

Plus Sheen's Lee was less than steller compared to Duvall's portrayal of Lee in Gods and Generals.

God's and generals? Isn't that that painfully pretentious self-important movie?

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. 3.5*/5*. Had its moments.

I hate Robert Duvall. He's such a pisspot. The only thing I ever liked him as was Don Corleone's consigliere in The Godfather. He was kind of a pisspot in that too, but whatever.

Safety Not Guaranteed. It was brilliant and hilarious. Best film I've seen all year.

This is necessary, trust me.

As for me, I saw 21 Jump Street (8/10), really enjoyed it, easily the best comedy to come out so far this year. :mrgreen:

I just watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. I'd give it five stars. And I don't even like Tom Cruise out of character. It was the first MI I'd watched. Now, my mission -- and I've chosen to accept it -- is to watch the others.

Most movies are too shallow, re-hashing or remakes. Every comedic actor has been remaking "Something About Mary" for the last 12 years. They kicked that nerd comedy script to death. The new Batman has about as much charisma as a dead possum. He's such a stuck up yuppie geek, you're hoping he gets killed.

I'm amazed that Hollywood hasn't yet realized that fake breasts went out of style in the 1980's, about the same time Baywatch came out. Perfectly attractive people ruin themselves for forgettable films.

Thumbnail.axd

Most movies are too shallow, re-hashing or remakes. Every comedic actor has been remaking "Something About Mary" for the last 12 years. They kicked that nerd comedy script to death. The new Batman has about as much charisma as a dead possum. He's such a stuck up yuppie geek, you're hoping he gets killed.

I'm amazed that Hollywood hasn't yet realized that fake breasts went out of style in the 1980's, about the same time Baywatch came out. Perfectly attractive people ruin themselves for forgettable films.

Thumbnail.axd

Fake breasts are far from out. Women are seeking them in droves these days, right down to and including teen girls who are not even old enough to know for sure yet how big their natural breasts will be.

The current idealized female form involves a small waist with an utterly flat stomach, with rather large and stand-straight-out boobs above same. This is a difficult look for most women to achieve without surgery, since skinny girls tend to have less natural boobage than fuller-figured women.

Thus, cosmetic surgeons are making fortunes and fake breasts are far from outre.

Fake breasts are far from out.

Most men dislike them and have for decades.

All your post proves is that America is always willing to capitalize on low self esteem. Whether its ineffective zit creams peddled by Jessica Simpson, yo-yo diets by celebrity x, or botox poison used by whoever.

Last film I watched was Christopher Nolan's 'The Prestige', loved this film and the performances of the actors Christian Bale, Hugh and Scarlet. I would rate it a 9/10.

Via Netflix...The Spy Who Loved Me....4 of 5.

Barbara Bach was yummy.

Saw the Dark Knight marathon... and boy was it worth it seeing the entire trilogy in a single sitting.

Batman Begins- 8.75/10
The Dark Knight- 9.5/10
The Dark Knight Rises- 10/10 (absolutely a perfect close to a magnificent trilogy. I simply adored this)

An overlooked movie some of you might enjoy.

Defending Your Life. After you die you go on trial for 7 days where your life is looked at. It's different and different is good.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom