• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

ARiver Runs Through It....5 out of 5.

Now, that was a good movie. An oldie, but a goodie.

Other oldies but goodies:

Family Vacation
Christmas Vacation (have to see that one every Christmas)
Caddy Shack
Fatal Attraction (every man remembers that one)
Deliverance (everyone remembers that one)

I saw the Avengers last night. 9/10. Outstanding.

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance.They could have done more but I still liked it. I hope they make a sequel.

Underworld Awakening 8/10. Love the entire franchise, and loved how they not only added a new character, they also left it open for another installment.

Legends of the Fall....4 out of 5.

Apocalypse Now Redux, all 3-and-a-half hours of it. 5+. Superior to the original cut by 100%.

Avengers... Decent, but kind of fell short of my expectations after all the hype.

Apocalypse Now Redux, all 3-and-a-half hours of it. 5+. Superior to the original cut by 100%.

Really? I love the original, but just figured the redux would be like a few extra scenes mixed in and never bothered... It's really that much better?

This is necessary, trust me.

As for me, I saw 21 Jump Street (8/10), really enjoyed it, easily the best comedy to come out so far this year. :mrgreen:

Priest

I'm a Paull Bettany fan, but his character didn't pull me in. I thought the movie did a good job of capturing the techno-punk interpretation of the Catholic Church. I also enjoyed the original story line of human history and their take on vampire, partuculerly that a human vampire should be thought of as a new and radical evolutionary step. While the plot did contain some innovative strategy on the part of the vampire queen and the action sequences were mostly fulfilling, the story arch was relatively predictable.

I give it a 3/5.

The Iron Lady - 9/10 . . . Truly a great movie but I take off one point for making me cry too damn much.

Really? I love the original, but just figured the redux would be like a few extra scenes mixed in and never bothered... It's really that much better?

Absolutely. I was really quite blown away by it. I caught it while flicking through the TV channels and stuck with it for all that time. There are whole new episodes in it that explain and develop the philosophical themes of the story to a much deeper extent. The whole episode where Willard spends a night on a French colonial plantation by the river is just perfect. Extra scenes developing the relationships on the boat make you feel much more strongly for the diversity of human motivation.

Really, check it out. It's a masterpiece.

Book of Eli
A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.
I had to watch the movie twice to realize he was blind the whole time....it blew my ****ing mind. 5/5

The Road To Perdition. 4 of 5.

Xmen first class, suprised I enjoyed it so much 4/5

Just watched Battleship. This flick is not the least bit intellectual or deep, but it is a fun movie if you like to watch the US Navy whup some alien assets. :mrgreen:

It was entertaining, if you take it for what it is and don't expect commentary by Steven Hawking.

I'm in a pickle. Hubs has a big shoot today and is going to be gone all day, so I promised the girls a few weeks ago that I'd take them to the movies, mall, etc. We didn't realize that there wouldn't be really anything out that is good for a teenage girl.

The only thing even close is The Lucky One, and I heard it's pretty tepid.

J. Edgar

I enjoy Eastwood and DiCaprio. It was a well done piece, hard hitting at times.

Oh man did I love J. Edgar. I cried so hard at the end, when they gave Tolson the flag at his funeral. Totally inconsolable for a few.

That is how I roll. :)

Also, I lucked out of taking the girls to see The Lucky One today. No longer showing at the theater, so we saw The Hunger Games instead. I loved it. It started out kind of slow, but got good, really fast. Will definitely be picking it up once it comes out on Bluray.

Under severe pressure from a neighbor, I watched Puss In Boots. I LOVED it. If you have a cat (and I feel sorry for those who don't), you'll adore this movie. PG, but just adult enough to work for me.

Just finished Hitchcocks Saboteur 3 out of 5.

I'll never visit the Statue of Liberty.

Under severe pressure from a neighbor, I watched Puss In Boots. I LOVED it. If you have a cat (and I feel sorry for those who don't), you'll adore this movie. PG, but just adult enough to work for me.

Do you have to like cats to get anything out of it? Puss is one of my favorite characters in the Shrek movies. That's where it's from, right?

Cool Hand Luke....5 of 5

I'm craving a couple of boiled eggs right now.

Back
Top Bottom