• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

first time watching the big lebowski
25 years after it was cut
really wasn't what i had expected to see
guessing i don't need to leave a rating for subsequent viewers
In certain subtle ways the movie has finally started to show its age. But for a movie to last as long as it did before that finally happened is pretty extraordinary in itself.

For example, Breaking Bad feels as fresh now as the day it aired. The Wire, which was made in roughly the same neighborhood of time, feels as old as Hill Street Blues. And keep in mind, The Wire is arguably the best cops-and-criminals show that's ever aired. But one show didn't age at all, and one aged harder than the bad guy in Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade when he drank from the wrong grail.

In certain subtle ways the movie has finally started to show its age. But for a movie to last as long as it did before that finally happened is pretty extraordinary in itself.

For example, Breaking Bad feels as fresh now as the day it aired. The Wire, which was made in roughly the same neighborhood of time, feels as old as Hill Street Blues. And keep in mind, The Wire is arguably the best cops-and-criminals show that's ever aired. But one show didn't age at all, and one aged harder than the bad guy in Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade when he drank from the wrong grail.
As to “The Wire,” you have to see that a few times or follow along with a written synopsis to catch much of the nuance, imo. “Breaking Bad” is genius on so many levels, imo.

Last edited:
Poor Things.

9/10

Black comedy, the Lisbon scenes were some of the funniest things I've ever seen. Very graphic medically and sexually but also in a very matter of fact context. I read a very in-depth review before I saw it and I'm glad I did. It put things in overall context sooner than I would have done and it made the movie that much better.

Very entertaining.

Avengers: Endgame.

One scene still takes my breath away, and at least two scenes still get me misty-eyed. One of the Turner networks played it a couple times on Christmas Eve. I can only watch it once. It just takes too much out of me.

Avengers: Endgame.

One scene still takes my breath away, and at least two scenes still get me misty-eyed. One of the Turner networks played it a couple times on Christmas Eve. I can only watch it once. It just takes too much out of me.

Cap seeing Peggy thru the window.

Cap seeing Peggy thru the window.
Actually, not one of the two.

Natasha's and Tony's deaths are guaranteed; Scott's reunification with his daughter and Steve's dance with Peggy are reliable but not certain.

The "takes my breath away" scene is Cap lifting Mjolnir.

The most recent one I've watched was an Amazon original called Red White and Royal Blue. It is a movie about two men having a romance so if that bothers you, you aren't going to like it. If you don't care about that it's really rather ho-hum standard operating procedure for a romantic comedy. Mixing in the royalty silliness. Not a bad movie but nothing to really write home about outside of the fact that it's an LGBT movie that isn't horrendously depressing.

So all in all 6/10 would watch but maybe not again.

Actually, not one of the two.

Natasha's and Tony's deaths are guaranteed;

Those were pretty expected. Esp. after we saw who was going to Vormir.

Scott's reunification with his daughter

That was nice, I found the scene where Rocket went to comfort Nebula and held her hand was way more moving.

and Steve's dance with Peggy are reliable but not certain.

Yeah but the earlier scene where he saw her thru the window was way more intense and emotional. You had to know that's where Cap went when he came back so old, to a life with her.

The "takes my breath away" scene is Cap lifting Mjolnir.

Also knew that was coming...remember in Avengers: Ultron, at the party, where it moved a little bit when Cap tried to lift it?

Watched Saltburn.

First act was decent and sucked you in but it became very predictable by the end. Some good Indvidual performances in it but it fades away by the end to the point you just want it to end.

Those were pretty expected. Esp. after we saw who was going to Vormir.

That was nice, I found the scene where Rocket went to comfort Nebula and held her hand was way more moving.

Yeah but the earlier scene where he saw her thru the window was way more intense and emotional. You had to know that's where Cap went when he came back so old, to a life with her.

Also knew that was coming...remember in Avengers: Ultron, at the party, where it moved a little bit when Cap tried to lift it?

Gaah! For a minute there i thought i had onset astigmatism or was viewing your post through the Hubble Telescope circa 1990 o_O

The Whale, now free on Amazon. Brenden Fraser won the Oscar as an obese man trying to reconnect with his daughter.

8/10 It was about as expected but well done and good - concise - detail in the character development. Really good, really awful.

CODA

on apple tv

make sure you have the subtitle in the correct language

coming of age movie from a unique angle

worthy of a watch

The Holdovers

Enjoyable movie overall, good storytelling. Paul Giamatti and other two main leads were all good in their roles. Movie definitely had familiar feel to it. Storylines being different, but familiar framework of personality conflicts, individual trauma explored, bonding, and then a bittersweet type ending.

Available free on Peacock.

Pricilla

7/10

Much better than the Elvis film released a few years back

I realize it was a different era but, a 14yo school girl being pursued by a 24yo man, really, wtf !!

The same day I watched Godzilla 🐲 Minus One

8/10

Good storyline, though Godzilla himself looked as if he may be on steroids, and lifting weights lol

Equalizer 3.

Imho, it's the best. A fitting finale of the series (with denzel washington).
I was touched by the photo at the end.

“American Underdog”

We watched it last night and it was an entertaining film. Sobering to see that Kurt Warner started his run in the “late 1900s, (1999.) Well cast and ok acted. The title character was well cast. The venue was YouTube TV and it had extended ad breaks, but they came infrequently and supplied you with a timer noting the duration of the break, time to refresh a beverage or make room for the next one. 7/10

Ferrari (2023) I was so looking forward to seeing this, but it was very disappointing. Adam Driver is OK as the title character, but the movie is one huge bore. Most of it is about a love triangle between him, his wife and his mistress. There just isnt a whole lot of interesting things going on, no drama thats compelling enough to make this watchable. Theres one race sequence (and accompanying tragedy) that nearly turned the movie around, but it was too little, too late, and ultimately went nowhere. If youre looking for a good racing movie, youre better off watching Ford V Ferrari or Rush, or even the old Steve McQueen movie Le Mans is way better. Forget about this one. Rating: 4.5/10

The Vow

Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams

So bad I couldn't finish watching it.

Rating on 1 to 5 stars, Black Hole.

Finding You. Set in Ireland. A charming love story. Netflix.

This is necessary, trust me.

As for me, I saw 21 Jump Street (8/10), really enjoyed it, easily the best comedy to come out so far this year. :mrgreen:
I just streamed a movie last night on Hulu called, "Freelance". It stared former WWE star John Cena and one of the actresses from the TV show, "Community", Alison Brie. It only scores a 5.4 on IMDB, but I did enjoy it/I was entertained. I don't think it will disappoint.

in time; dystopian sci fi movie in which no one ages past 25, but are engineered to die once they run out of time. time becomes the currency; some have a lot, some live hour to hour.

good premise, mediocre execution. certainly an aspect of the film is that it is a thinly veiled critique of capitalism; albeit a flawed one.Jus

i'd give it maybe a 5.5 out of 10. better than some sci fi movies; not as good as GATTACA, which i'd probably give at least an 8.
I just saw that recently as well. Justin Timberlake and Amanda Syfried. Some parts were a little disturbing, but it was meant to do that. As long as you're entertained, it's worth it.

Just watched Alexander Payne's fantastic movie "The Holdovers", Paul Giamatti is an incredible actor, and this film is so in his wheelhouse. His father was president of Yale, and he grew up around people like his character. The film looks amazing, shot on film to get that correct 70's look. Its a film that could easily be overacted, or maudlin, but the actors all just manage to keep it real. Da'Vine Joy Randolph is fantastic as well. Giamatti got best actor Golden Globes, and Randolph got best supporting actress golden globe for this. No CGI, no car chases, no bs, its just a great movie.

first time watching the big lebowski
25 years after it was cut
really wasn't what i had expected to see
guessing i don't need to leave a rating for subsequent viewers
One of my faves, I have a few editions of it. We even went to LA for a Lebowski Fest which was a fantastic time, got to watch it at a grand old theater, a few stars from the film were there, lots of people dressed up!

The movie is so good, so many quotables, and you really have to see it several times to catch all the nuances. And I highly recommend watching it while stoned.

There is an amazing Lebowski pinball machine out there, I have yet to play it, but it looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom