• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

This looks good. Have you seen this?

Nope. Thx for the info

Pretty dreadful horror movie slate of late.

Disappointed in these 3.

Insidious: The Red Door
The Boogeyman
The Nun II

Talk to Me was pretty good and Five Nights at Freddy's was ok, storyline was pretty convoluted Think if you go with demonic animatronics have to go for more laughs like Nic Cage's Willy's Wonderland.

Have a few i'm waiting to rent at a lower cost.

The Last Voyage of the Dementer
SAW X
The Excorcist: Believer

If you mean theaters, I've only seen Oppenheimer this year. I'm going to see Killers of the Flower Moon next week, so I'll have seen two of the longest and best films of the year. Anybody seen Killers of the Flower Moon? Oppenheimer was 3 hours but it flew by. The new film is 3 1/2.

Pretty dreadful horror movie slate of late.

Disappointed in these 3.

Insidious: The Red Door
The Boogeyman
The Nun II

Talk to Me was pretty good and Five Nights at Freddy's was ok, storyline was pretty convoluted Think if you go with demonic animatronics have to go for more laughs like Nic Cage's Willy's Wonderland.

Have a few i'm waiting to rent at a lower cost.

The Last Voyage of the Dementer
SAW X
The Excorcist: Believer

Talk to Me was a surprisingly good horror flick. FNAF is the sort of thing I'd watch on an airplane because I'm a prisoner and didn't prepare entertainment of my own.

I've stopped watching Exorcist-style movies because it finally occurred to me that every single demonic possession movie with an exorcism is exactly the same movie. Have you seen The Exorcist? Congratulations -- you've seen every exorcism movie there is.

The Creator got a super bad rap but we found it to be pretty entertaining. The production style is confusing at first until you realize that it's made in Asia, which kind of explains everything. Great production value (lots of CGI...but not the stupid and hackneyed kind) and score is by Hans Zimmer, which automatically means the listening experience is 10/10. The perception of Americans in that movie are couched in the context of our presence in Viet Nam, so don't expect the US military to get a round of applause here.

Talk to Me was a surprisingly good horror flick. FNAF is the sort of thing I'd watch on an airplane because I'm a prisoner and didn't prepare entertainment of my own.

I've stopped watching Exorcist-style movies because it finally occurred to me that every single demonic possession movie with an exorcism is exactly the same movie. Have you seen The Exorcist? Congratulations -- you've seen every exorcism movie there is.
I hear ya, normally a movie having "Exorcism" or "Haunting" in the title would be dismissed. Making an exception with Believer hoping a theatrical release means it's atleast well made.

At my age, having seen so many horror movies nothing is truly original. Cabin The Woods was great skewering all the horror tropes. Still, always looking for horror movies with a twist or just well executed. Talk To Me fell into this category.

We end up watching alot of horror movies just because it's a genre we both enjoy. Tough to find movies we both want to see in other genres. Tonight will be an exception, watching The Equalizer 3.

Not so much a movie but a comedy act. Gary Gulman talks frankly and honestly about his depression, but its hilarious, and hopeful and such a great watch. See this, its on HBO Max.

I watched "Harriet" on Netflix yesterday. Really reminds you of how nasty that slavery idea was. She was one tough gal back in that time!

Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend (2022) I thought this was gonna be a good car movie like Ford Versus Ferrari, but man, this thing sucks. It's like a made for TV movie that accomplishes nothing. Gabriel Byrne and Frank Grillo totally wasted in such a cheap production. Rating: 1/10

The Killer (2023) Michael Fassbender in a kind of moodier alternative to the John Wick series. He plays an assassin in a hit that (predictably) goes wrong. I think the bones of a good movie was there, but it all ends up being just so-so due to meh execution. The narration tries to be edgy and stylish, but comes off as pretentious instead. It's not bad, but not great either. Rating 5.5/10

The Killer (2023) Michael Fassbender in a kind of moodier alternative to the John Wick series. He plays an assassin in a hit that (predictably) goes wrong. I think the bones of a good movie was there, but it all ends up being just so-so due to meh execution. The narration tries to be edgy and stylish, but comes off as pretentious instead. It's not bad, but not great either. Rating 5.5/10
Yeah, I kept thinking the movie was going to get better and it didn't. Big let down!

Reactions: PoS

Napoleon (2023) I was looking forward to this, but it came out kinda meh. It's a typical Ridley Scott movie, which means its got excellent visuals and production values, but it also rings hollow. The period portrayal is superb and reminded me of Kubrick's Barry Lyndon and Scott's first movie, The Duelists. The problem is the lack of focus and the scope. It tries to cram in as much about Napoleon's life and battles as possible, but due to the runtime and the overemphasis on his relationship with Josephine, it comes out as muddled. The historical inaccuracies also detracts from the quality. I mean, its not bad, but its just not great either. Rating: 6.5/10

May December. I'd give it a 8/10. It's loosely based on the real life of Mary Kay Letourneau who went to prison for having "an affair" with a 7th grader. A good movie that will make you very uncomfortable.

We watched this last evening. I rate it low, hard to keep track of who is who and they might as well make it a full animation. The cinematography is stunning, but all else is cartoonish. Tom Cruise‘s action thriller career has sailed, imo.

Oh, and this 2:47 was only Part 1, so don’t look for everything to be tied up in a bow, Part 2 has been authorized.

finch

tom hanks ... replaces the soccer ball, Wilson, with a dog and a robot

trying to imagine how this was pitched: we have a guy who is surviving armageddon with a found dog and a home-built robot
no other person will be in the film

and somebody came forward and agreed to produce the flick

and it worked

solid 7 of 10

finch

tom hanks ... replaces the soccer ball, Wilson, with a dog and a robot

trying to imagine how this was pitched: we have a guy who is surviving armageddon with a found dog and a home-built robot
no other person will be in the film

and somebody came forward and agreed to produce the flick

and it worked

solid 7 of 10

Somehow Tom Hanks makes anything work.

Netflix- Leave the World Behind.

Well done. I gave it an A. Could well be the immediate future. I hope not.

Netflix- Leave the World Behind.

Well done. I gave it an A. Could well be the immediate future. I hope not.
We tried this just now, don’t know that I would grade as high as A. The missus looked up some details, seems a former POTUS has a production company. J Roberts looks old……

We tried this just now, don’t know that I would grade as high as A. The missus looked up some details, seems a former POTUS has a production company. J Roberts looks old……

My wife gave it a B+.

Barbie on HBO Max.

Visually pretty fascinating.

Otherwise I was bored out of my mind. The message was 2 or 3 decades too late.

The parts with Rhea Perlman were the only things worth "listening" to.

3.5/10

first time watching the big lebowski
25 years after it was cut
really wasn't what i had expected to see
guessing i don't need to leave a rating for subsequent viewers

Reactions: PoS
first time watching the big lebowski
25 years after it was cut
really wasn't what i had expected to see
guessing i don't need to leave a rating for subsequent viewers
Big Lebowski is awesome. Works on so many levels, and I still watch it from time to time.

Dumb Money

It's essentially about the GameStop story from a few years ago which included Robinhood told in a comedic way. Was such an interesting story at the time, so enjoyed the movie. Explaining to my wife how shorting a stock works was a tough task, honestly wasn't easy for me initially aswell.

The latest Hunger Games movie doesn't make a lot of sense, but it sure is purdy to look at and listen to.

Back
Top Bottom