• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Gender

If you are talking the masterbation example, we've already proven that such a ban would not be on a basis of uncomfortableness, but on the basis of health hazzard.

Credit where due. You've brought up two examples of things people want banned from opposite "sides of the aisle". That saiod, based upon the 2nd such a ban should not be. Carried concealed is a separate issue. I will also note that private property rights are still in play, so a private business could ban weapons from their property, and also certain government facilities, where safety is more of a factor such as bases and courts.

And most have been losing on the legal aspect of the 1st. The laws that are about the call for violence are legit enough, and, again, private property rights, a given location can limit, well not exactly what is said on their property, but then ban people from their property who do not stay within their rules.

[QUOTEMost everyone supports men not being allowed in girls Locker rooms

Actually until recently there have not been any laws of note on locker or bathroom use. A facility, say a gym or a pool, could decide to have a single unisex changing room and it would be legal. Please don't bother to make a comment on how no one would use it. That has nothing to do with legality and yes there are people who would. Enough in that area to keep the business running? Depends upon the area.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

On The locker room issue, I think most would support legal restrictions on men being in girls lockerooms at public elementary schools for example.

I disagree with the premise, most would object and agree to bans on PM based upon it being “indecent” not on health issues.

That would be an issue of what people want versus legality. 95% of the population could want slavery back, and it wouldn't be legal to do so based on several amendments in the Constitution. I won't disagree with you on that being what many people want. Hell there is a lot of people who want all PDA to be legally banned because it makes them uncomfortable.

And there are no public health issues with refused to PM anyway. That is a canard, unless there is also Ejaculation. And it’s no different that sneezing. We are expected to secure our bodily fluids.

Sneezing is an involuntary action. Masterbation isn't. And you showed you bias by limiting the idea to only men. A woman masterbating would almost certainly, on average, expell fluids. That said, the risk of fluids being released and not contained by the masterbater would be sufficient. Especially given the way we treat blood. If someone bleeds, we practically turn the area into a biohazard zone.

I just gave you one a couple posts ago.

Another one would be lots of people,want open carry banned b3cause it makes them Uncomfortable.

Many lefties now are pushing hate speech restrictions because other ideas make them Uncomfortable.

Most everyone supports men not being allowed in girls Locker rooms.
OK I went back.

And my post that you responded to was specifically about public health issues. Not 'being uncomfortable.' Masturbating in public, esp. for males, is a public health issue.

That would be an issue of what people want versus legality. 95% of the population could want slavery back, and it wouldn't be legal to do so based on several amendments in the Constitution. I won't disagree with you on that being what many people want. Hell there is a lot of people who want all PDA to be legally banned because it makes them uncomfortable.

Sneezing is an involuntary action. Masterbation isn't. And you showed you bias by limiting the idea to only men. A woman masterbating would almost certainly, on average, expell fluids. That said, the risk of fluids being released and not contained by the masterbater would be sufficient. Especially given the way we treat blood. If someone bleeds, we practically turn the area into a biohazard zone.

Well the reality is that is why it’s illegal. If most people were ok with it, we would have it. The real world supports my point.

OK I went back.

And my post that you responded to was specifically about public health issues. Not 'being uncomfortable.' Masturbating in public, esp. for males, is a public health issue.

It’s no Maori a health issue than sneezing, people are expected to contain their body fluids.

That is not the motivation behind societies taboo on this. If most people were ok with it socially wise, it would,be legal.

On The locker room issue, I think most would support legal restrictions on men being in girls lockerooms at public elementary schools for example.
And yet there has never been any laws to date until just recently, and we've not had a problem. Beside if you restrict opposite sex from a given locker room at a school, where does the visiting change. The boy's team always gets the girl's locker room of the home team's school, and the girls get the boy's locker room of the home team school.

It’s no Maori a health issue than sneezing, people are expected to contain their body fluids.

That is not the motivation behind societies taboo on this. If most people were ok with it socially wise, it would,be legal.

Sneezing is an involuntary act, it's not the same.

And it doesnt mean we should add more public health hazards.

And who says it would be legal in public if socially acceptable?

OK I went back.

I would say it was more so for females. Masterbation for a female would most likely start the natural lubrication process. Men could easily stop short of even the pre cum stage and have no fluid released. Mind you, this is a point on the mechanics of masterbation, and not on likelihood of any given person stopping at a given moment into the action, or the probability of a person to engage in such and act.

And yet there has never been any laws to date until just recently, and we've not had a problem. Beside if you restrict opposite sex from a given locker room at a school, where does the visiting change. The boy's team always gets the girl's locker room of the home team's school, and the girls get the boy's locker room of the home team school.

I am 100% confident that if there was a problem years ago with men sneaking in little girls room in elementary schools, laws would have been erected.

I think the lack of law was more in the past, than none dare do it, for fear of being drummed out of society. There was no need.

And they may have gotten some other charge, already on the books if they persisted. Stalking, etc.

it wasn’t allowed, the legal point is a technicality.

The reality is most would support such a law if it was an issue. Which is the point.

Sneezing is an involuntary act, it's not the same.

And it doesnt mean we should add more public health hazards.

And who says it would be legal in public if socially acceptable?

Based upon my life experience, Hingis that are socially acceptable become legal. Or everyone just starts ignoring the law and it becomes obsolete.

It is this social stigma that is the driving force that stops PM, not health issues for the most part.

You are viewed as a wierdo, possible dangerous crazy, in people’s eyes, much more so than a “public health risk”.

Well the reality is that is why it’s illegal. If most people were ok with it, we would have it. The real world supports my point.
I don't think so. And I have real world experience upon which to base this opinion. There are swinger clubs and BDSM play spaces all across this country, and the one thing a vast majority of them have in common, is a focus on health. No one is allowed to sit naked without a towel or similar between them and the seat, and bodily fluids must be contained. Many swinger clubs use the hospital bed pads to catch fluids. Note that we are not having issues with the actions themselves, but with the resultant health hazzards. But these are highly controlled environments on top of being private and we can control the risk to a large extent. We can't expect to control actual public spaces to that extent. So a ban on the risky act is more appropriate.

Based upon my life experience, Hingis that are socially acceptable become legal. Or everyone just starts ignoring the law and it becomes obsolete.

It is this social stigma that is the driving force that stops PM, not health issues for the most part.

You are viewed as a wierdo, possible dangerous crazy, in people’s eyes, much more so than a “public health risk”.

OK that's your experience. I cant validate it for an actual argument tho.

Back
Top Bottom