• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What In The Human Species Necessitates a God?

Oh, this is God argument 101. Absence of evidnece is not evidence of absence.

It's not evidence of existence either.

You claim it? You have to prove it. Otherwise your claim is garbage.

You can't prove there is no God. I cannot prove there is. I simply have faith.

That isn't an argument, there is no disproving the demonstrably false gods either, or unicorns. The fact you cannot disprove them is no reason to believe in them. Nothing that doesn't exist can be disproven because it was never proven in the first place. The fact you can't prove your claim is all that matters.

I can prove everything I believe in, you either have good reasons for what you believe or you simply don't.

We do because no one that has claimed that there is a god has proved it. Therefore gods are just an imagination and wishful thinking. It's as simple as that.

In addition, we know how humans think. We know they want to gratify their ego and we know what they will do to achieve that goal.

There are many theories stating that It is possible to have many different multiverses each different varying extremes so is it possible in one of them there is a god. ( fight science with science that's how you win )

The idea that there are many other universes out there is not new, as scientists have previously suggested that we live in a “multiverse” consisting of an infinite number of universes. The multiverse concept stems from the idea of eternal inflation, in which the inflationary period that our universe went through right after the Big Bang was just one of many inflationary periods that different parts of space were and are still undergoing. When one part of space undergoes one of these dramatic growth spurts, it balloons into its own universe with its own physical properties. As its name suggests, eternal inflation occurs an infinite number of times, creating an infinite number of universes, resulting in the multiverse.

Read more at: Scientists find first evidence that many universes exist

What are you talking about? I said I simply had faith. You said you "know" there is no God.

"You claim it? You have to prove it. Otherwise your claim is garbage."
It's not evidence of existence either.

You claim it? You have to prove it. Otherwise your claim is garbage.

The idea of God was born out of ignorance and despair along with our unique knowledge of the finality of death. A our species progresses out of the darkness there is less and less reason for a cosmic muffin to blame our failures on. Look at religion today, it is strongest with the least educated and most poverty stricken.

The quintessential liberal response. Well done.

Faith is good reason.
That isn't an argument, there is no disproving the demonstrably false gods either, or unicorns. The fact you cannot disprove them is no reason to believe in them. Nothing that doesn't exist can be disproven because it was never proven in the first place. The fact you can't prove your claim is all that matters.

I can prove everything I believe in, you either have good reasons for what you believe or you simply don't.

its not just the individual final death anymore the scary part is when the human race is existent when our continents will collide again or the death of our star ( the sun ) Its slightly depressing knowing all work of humanity will be lost one day . That is the importance of religion it eases the mind ... your problems are with the people who take it to far not the religion it self

Again, the difference is that human beings (so far as we can tell) have a different level of sentience than those creatures. Regardless of where it comes from, we operate on a different level than they do. Instinct does not mandate a divine inspiration, but in a species with the (supposedly) higher reasoning powers that we possess, it is likely to breed questions about the origin of both those instincts and the species itself. Humanity has filled that void with religion.

These two statements say it all.

( fight science with science that's how you win )

Why would anyone want to "fight science" ? Science is a method to reveal reality and truth. Why would anyone want to "fight" it? Only the religious would.

Ahhh, we know that do we? You can offer me no more proof of God's non-existence than I can offer you of His existence.

Your god has a gender too?

Rejection of baseless claims is fine. If you claimed 3 yellow butterflies are controlling everyone's thoughts and actions, I'd consider you insane. Same thing with religion. If you claim something you have to prove it. Don't blame the rest of us that will not accept irrational claims. If you do, you show how un-intelligent you want to be.

Why would anyone want to "fight science" ? Science is a method to reveal reality and truth. Why would anyone want to "fight" it? Only the religious would.

you are using science to support your argument so I'm using it to support mine there is a quote called fight fire with fire I guess your interpretation would mean to fight fire then.

as I have said before about religion :

its not just the individual final death anymore the scary part is when the human race is existent when our continents will collide again or the death of our star ( the sun ) Its slightly depressing knowing all work of humanity will be lost one day . That is the importance of religion it eases the mind ... your problems are with the people who take it to far not the religion it self

Right here.

Oh I see, a huge mistake on Paralogic's part. I figured someone with logic in the name wouldn't make such a faith based claim as to having knowledge of non-existent entities (a logical impossibility.)

Nevermind.

That is the importance of religion it eases the mind ...

No problem there.

Psychological needs are fine. No reality to the truth though.

No gods exist because no one that claimed them has been able to prove their claims.

Their psychological need for supernatural entities that may make the lottery numbers come their way, is a different thing all-together.

Maybe you ought to rethink this line of attack.
No problem there.

No gods exist because no one that claimed them has been able to prove their claims.

Their psychological need for supernatural entities that may make the lottery numbers come their way, is a different thing all-together.

When did Paralogic make this claim? Quote it please.

I do make that claim but only as a response to the claim that any gods exist.

I'm not preaching that no gods exist, but only respond to the religious that any gods exist: Prove your claims.

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.

Rejecting the claim of gods is trivial, it does not need any proof.

No problem there.

The idea that there are many other universes out there is not new, as scientists have previously suggested that we live in a “multiverse” consisting of an infinite number of universes. The multiverse concept stems from the idea of eternal inflation, in which the inflationary period that our universe went through right after the Big Bang was just one of many inflationary periods that different parts of space were and are still undergoing. When one part of space undergoes one of these dramatic growth spurts, it balloons into its own universe with its own physical properties. As its name suggests, eternal inflation occurs an infinite number of times, creating an infinite number of universes, resulting in the multiverse.

Read more at: Scientists find first evidence that many universes exist

The idea that there are many other universes out there is not new, ...

Only ten years ago, the multiverse idea was a laughing stock in scientific circles.

In any case, if multiverses exist, they do follow physics laws, either ours or other laws that do adhere to mathematical reason.

There is no reality based scenario that any supernatural entities, as gods, may exist. We know gods are the imaginary creation of the human mind, and we know that humans are irrelevant to the universe.

We know there are no gods.

Let's go back in time to the day when mankind first became capable of reason. I cannot help but believe hunger, dispair, fear and ignorance of the surroundings naturally made man look to a God like idea in order to ease the suffering. Why doesn't man simply say, "life sucks but it's all we got". Instead he says, "oh no, this life isn't the one that's really important, it's the life after this one that gonna count"! He creates symbols them calls them God of water, God of light, God of food, etc. He is basically at a loss about how to express his "idea" until...... a person comes along with the gift of gab. Then and only then do folks listen and follow. They follow not so much for the substance of what is being said rather for a sense of hope the speaker tells them about. People with hope are naturally happier than folks with none therefore this idea grows. Who wants to be with a depressed person?! Then there is the good feeling bonding with others gives us so that too perpetuates this thing until there are millions world wide willing to die and kill to keep this thing in motion. I wonder from time to time how many Gods has man created throughout history. Some have come and gone while others remain.
It's a common enough angle, supported by those with no experience of faith.

The fact that it's completely wrong won't deter such ideas.

That's fine.

Back
Top Bottom