• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happened to the white players in the NBA?

It's not incorrect. I did say almost all. The fact you can name some that don't isn't really disputing that. There are 188 players averaging over 3 three point attempts per game. More than 6 per team.

79% of all 161 players averaging 25 or more minutes a game shoot multiple 3s a game. And there are more players right below the cutoff than at the bottom. Guys like Pau Gasol, Anthony Davis, and Jeff Green all shoot reputable percentages, but only average 1.9 attempts a game.

I'm pretty sure that was the last claim or question in the OP to be totally obliterated. Well done with the stats.

So that's it, huh? Everything in the OP was horribly stupid garbage.

I'm pretty sure that was the last claim or question in the OP to be totally obliterated. Well done with the stats.

So that's it, huh? Everything in the OP was horribly stupid garbage.

He didn't back up any of his stats and his theory is that since all of players are shooting 3 pointers, that makes them good shooters...??

I got to be honest. I like watching hockey but I have problem following the puck on TV.

That does seem to be a common problem. I've been watching hockey since age 5 or 6, and probably a decade on snowy, blurry black and white tvs with rabbit ear reception. So, I'm probably trained to watch player movement, which then automatically directs me to puck location. Like I said, it takes skill to watch hockey.

He didn't back up any of his stats and his theory is that since all of players are shooting 3 pointers, that makes them good shooters...??

Do I have to back them up? You can get them from Basketball Reference or NBA.com extremely easily. I didn’t think I needed to document meticulously, when I could be debunked only so easily if they weren’t real.

Anyway you said white players shoot 3s, you’re exact words in the OP. I said all players shoot 3s. Now your saying that the fact I showed that almost all players shoot 3s, is somehow irrelevant?

Jimmy that you?

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way, because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade...the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."
-----------------------------

It seems according to the new rage in New jerseys high school basket ball is that the blacker the better.

It seems the most traditional path of the new face of basketball in New Jersey is through a prominent foreign program such as the Ejike
Ugboaja Foundation, named after the first player drafted directly into the NBA from Africa, The program facilitates connections between
African prospects and American coaches. Here are the most prominent African players in the state this season. New Jersey coaches
and other observers say they've never seen as many as this season. Everyone of these 'athletes' will probably take a athletic scholarship
away from an aspiring American black from the inner city. 6 or these mentioned are in the top 15 recruits in New jersey.

Precious Achiuwa
Bul Ajang
Savior Akuwovo
Calistus Anyichie
Junub Char Chuol
Samba Diallo
Rhona Eseyade
Deng Gak
Precious Ikediashi
Buay Koka
Majur Majak
Valdir Manuel
Casmir Ochiaka
Oscar Okeke
Bourama Sidibe

And the beat goes on, I'd hate to be a basketball announcer trying to pronounce names say ten years from now when this becomes less
cutting edge & more widespread. Now that the white American basketball player has become almost extinct is the black American
basketball player next. Just a thought I lost interest in basketball long ago. If Iverson's team was on TV it was fun to see him play
recently if Russell Westbrook is on the screen I'll give a game a glance only then.

Last edited:
Just when the thread couldn't get any more stupid.

And the beat goes on, I'd hate to be a basketball announcer trying to pronounce names say ten years from now when this becomes less cutting edge & more widespread.

How ignorant. Unlike English, African languages are phonetic. Pronunciation is not an issue. But, hey, I guess you need something to cry about, even if it has no basis in reality.

Now that the white American basketball player has become almost extinct is the black American basketball player next..

"Takin' er jerbs!!"

Just when the thread couldn't get any more stupid.

How ignorant. Unlike English, African languages are phonetic. Pronunciation is not an issue. But, hey, I guess you need something to cry about, even if it has no basis in reality.

"Takin' er jerbs!!"

So Pronunciation is not an issue, that's rich. Before the football season high school games
were shown on cable & this Texas team one ESPN play by play announcers gleefully noted that there
were 15 different languages spoken in this particular school while preparing to announce the
name of a student who just ran for a first down. The other commentator piped in ‘How long
did you practice in order to get the pronounciation of his name down. “Quite a while’ was
the response.

Maybe you can tutor the professionals in order to spend less time prepping pronouncing these type names.

'The sudden presence of Africans rocked the New Jersey basketball community last month when NJ Advance Media published a
report detailing that six overseas players, including three from Nigeria, were living with Paterson Eastside High boys coach Juan Griles.
All three of the Nigerians listed their coach or his assistant as their legal guardians. One of the players complained about the lack
of food in the house, sparking multiple investigations.

A subsequent report revealed a similar pattern on the Eastside girls team, dating to at least 2013. Eastside has since ended
the season of both teams, pulling out of state and county tournaments. The situation at Eastside, according to interviews with
coaches and state officials, shows what can go wrong.' Interesting!

So Pronunciation is not an issue, that's rich. Before the football season high school games
were shown on cable & this Texas team one ESPN play by play announcers gleefully noted that there
were 15 different languages spoken in this particular school while preparing to announce the
name of a student who just ran for a first down. The other commentator piped in ‘How long
did you practice in order to get the pronounciation of his name down. “Quite a while’ was
the response.

Maybe you can tutor the professionals in order to spend less time prepping pronouncing these type names.

'The sudden presence of Africans rocked the New Jersey basketball community last month when NJ Advance Media published a
report detailing that six overseas players, including three from Nigeria, were living with Paterson Eastside High boys coach Juan Griles.
All three of the Nigerians listed their coach or his assistant as their legal guardians. One of the players complained about the lack
of food in the house, sparking multiple investigations.

A subsequent report revealed a similar pattern on the Eastside girls team, dating to at least 2013. Eastside has since ended
the season of both teams, pulling out of state and county tournaments. The situation at Eastside, according to interviews with
coaches and state officials, shows what can go wrong.' Interesting!

That post is xenophobic and racist. Probably a copy/paste from somewhere that enjoys such garbage.

IMO, you have to consider:

The NBA is littered with European basketball player yet few white American basketball players. What I think the problem with the NBA and basketball in High School and College is that these players have more focused on pure athletic ability rather than skill-set. In Europe, basketball is more focused on developing a players skill-set rather than in America, where players are more focused on dunking, trick shots, fancy passes, etc..

Is it a coincidence that all of the white players (like 5) in the NBA can shoot 3-pointers?

Basketball imo is more attractive for young athletes that want to showcase their pure athletic ability whereas a sport like MLB showcases your skillset.

Maybe certain there are numerous white people who don’t like to play in sports with blacks? It also doesn’t help that genetically some of the people you are talking about were LITERALLY bred for physical ability.

Then there is the cultural values of the groups in question. Ever notice how you don’t see a lot of black wrestlers, but you see plenty in boxing. Cultural value of sports. Notice how many White boys play baseball and hockey?

This thread is DOA because it is obviously operating on some assumptions and ignoring others and what appears to be veiled racism. You want to stop seeing blacks in the NBA, but the local inner cities more computers and text books and musical instruments. Get rid of the only thing they usually have...sports equipment.

:roll:

Slightly off-topic. Years ago (1970s) there was an Esquire article that compared black and white basketball styles, classifying individual players as white-white, white-black, black-black, and black-white. Wilt Chamberlain was white-black, Pete Maravich or Bob Cousy black-white. Julius Erving black-black, Dan Issel white-white. (Literally, Dan had the whitest body imaginable.) They might have said East-West, rather than black-white, as when I moved from New York to California I noticed more shooting from the outside, less driving to the hoop, more weave, less give and go. As society has become more mixed, the differences have faded. There are black Jerry West's and white Elgin Baylor's in any big city or small town. But it's still fun to compare styles in the most stylish of games. (Apologies to soccer fans.).

Soccer had or used to have a similar split, more elegant Latin America vs. more physical Europe.

P.S. Best comment here was about economics, how a ball and a hoop are found more easily in poor neighborhoods than diamonds and goal posts.

The prejudices remain, from the movie "White Men Can't Jump" to Bobby Jones of the Nuggets nickname, "Last of the Great White Leapers" to Bill Cowens grumbling that he got fouls called on him while rebounding cause refs couldn't believe he could jump since he was white.

Notice:

Nobody in this thread has given a reason/theory for why the NBA has so few white players in the league.

I asked a question, nobody has even attempted to answer the question.

Rich people tend toward more expensive sports.

White Americans simply aren't aspiring to become basketball stars anymore.

Happy now?

Quoted from NJ.com - NEW JERSEY REAL-TIME SPORTS

Hang in there. Your analysis is surprising most everyone

They were using racist comments by high school football commentators to support racist garbage, like you did? No.

You scour the web for anything supporting racist crap. Then you create a dump file and spam racist crap.

They were using racist comments by high school football commentators to support racist garbage, like you did? No.

You scour the web for anything supporting racist crap. Then you create a dump file and spam racist crap.

Are you always in the fog. I was born in Paterson & raised in Bergen County. When I played football & baseball in high school
my name weekly was in the Peterson Evening News. I'm interested in NJ high school sports even to this day & do not scour the
web unless it applies to my provincial interests. Try not to assign attributes to those from a distance & obviously thankfully different,
you'll seem more becoming.

Are you always in the fog. I was born in Paterson & raised in Bergen County. When I played football & baseball in high school
my name weekly was in the Peterson Evening News. I'm interested in NJ high school sports even to this day & do not scour the
web unless it applies to my provincial interests. Try not to assign attributes to those from a distance & obviously thankfully different,
you'll seem more becoming.

Stupid personal anecdotes do not wipe away racist posts from a racist dump file.

Stupid personal anecdotes do not wipe away racist posts from a racist dump file.

If post #55 disturbed you by revealing African players are flocking to top N.J. high school basketball teams that's on you.
I'm not interested in a verbal tug of war with you, your posts seem to appear where threads go to die.

So.... Does anybody want to come up for a reason for why those Europeans and their skillsets don't perform all that well against fancy ball passes by LeBron during the Olympic games?

Sent from Donald Trump's Twitter account using Vladimir Putin's computer.

So.... Does anybody want to come up for a reason for why those Europeans and their skillsets don't perform all that well against fancy ball passes by LeBron during the Olympic games?

Sent from Donald Trump's Twitter account using Vladimir Putin's computer.

Basketball is an American sport, thus, have an advantage over many countries.

Why hasn't the United States won gold in ice hockey since 1980, in a game called a 'miracle?'

Why hasn't the United States won gold... EVER in futbol?

Now, the women have had a lot of success in futol because they actually are dedicated to the game and learn it. Futbol imo is more advantageous to American women compared to women of other countries because women in America have better training and opportunity than women of other countries.

Basketball is an American sport, thus, have an advantage over many countries.

Why hasn't the United States won gold in ice hockey since 1980, in a game called a 'miracle?'

Why hasn't the United States won gold... EVER in futbol?

Now, the women have had a lot of success in futol because they actually are dedicated to the game and learn it. Futbol imo is more advantageous to American women compared to women of other countries because women in America have better training and opportunity than women of other countries.

The US Men's Hockey Team has won 2 gold, 8 silvers and 1 bronze over 21 Olympics. The last 4 times, they have silver, 8th, silver, 4th, which is pretty good. The Woman's team has gone gold, silver, bronze, silver, silver, and have been dominant in the World Championships.

The US Men's Hockey Team has won 2 gold, 8 silvers and 1 bronze over 21 Olympics. The last 4 times, they have silver, 8th, silver, 4th, which is pretty good. The Woman's team has gone gold, silver, bronze, silver, silver, and have been dominant in the World Championships.

That's pretty bad actually.

IMO, you have to consider:

The NBA is littered with European basketball player yet few white American basketball players. What I think the problem with the NBA and basketball in High School and College is that these players have more focused on pure athletic ability rather than skill-set. In Europe, basketball is more focused on developing a players skill-set rather than in America, where players are more focused on dunking, trick shots, fancy passes, etc..

Is it a coincidence that all of the white players (like 5) in the NBA can shoot 3-pointers?

Basketball imo is more attractive for young athletes that want to showcase their pure athletic ability whereas a sport like MLB showcases your skillset.

Do you watch the NBA? Porzingis, Nurick, Jokic, LaVine, Ilyasova. Those were the first five really good white players that came to mind, and the first four are absurdly athletic. And none of them are great three point shooters. Ricky Rubio is the ultimate skill-set player with fancy stupid passes and is literally the worst shooter in the NBA. I don't know what the point of this thread is but I watch basketball and thought I could help.

What happened to the heterosexual players in women's tennis?
(stolen from the movie "Top Secret" )

Do you watch the NBA? Porzingis, Nurick, Jokic, LaVine, Those were the first five really good white players that came to mind, and the first four are absurdly athletic. And none of them are great three point shooters. Ricky Rubio is the ultimate skill-set player with fancy stupid passes and is literally the worst shooter in the NBA. I don't know what the point of this thread is but I watch basketball and thought I could help.

Porzingis - From Latvia
Jokic - From Serbia
LaVine- Not Caucasian
Ilyasova - From Turkey
Rubio - From Spain

None of these players are "white."

Porzingis - From Latvia
Jokic - From Serbia
LaVine- Not Caucasian
Ilyasova - From Turkey
Rubio - From Spain

None of these players are "white."

I spent a couple weeks in Riga. Latvians are very white.

Tell us, who are the "true whites".

I spent a couple weeks in Riga. Latvians are very white.

Tell us, who are the "true whites".

Those white Euro players are not Stephen Miller types, since they're a 'darker shade of pale' ...

Back
Top Bottom